(Topic ID: 265874)

new rubbers or to steep.

By MSLONEKER

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

18315536-D83B-4B3D-B511-3504E8F3D8C9 (resized).jpeg
    20200407_073937 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msloneker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

so i have a lotr. My first pin. Trying to get better. 94mil is my high score. Trying to learn some flipper technique. But all the cool PAPA flipper techniques don't work. example the dead flipper. where it comes down hits one and just bounces over to the other does not work. it bounces right to the evil sling which then shoots it to the out lane. Wtf. according to the bubble level the game is not at a steep enough tilt, but my pinlevel app says its to steep. would new rubbers help soften the strike or make it bounce even worse.

#3 4 years ago

the rubber is green. not sure of the manufacturer. the dead flip looked cool because it passed it to the other flipper. i can catch it, but my post pass is unreliable too.

#7 4 years ago

angle of flipper bat??? I'm gonna have google that i didn't know that was adjustable.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Post a pic of your playfeild and flippers

here u go.

20200407_073937 (resized).jpg20200407_073937 (resized).jpg
    #14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mitch:

Look like super bands to me. But either way replace with real rubber red or black and the playfeild looks like it could use a good clean in that pic, maybe a wax

will do on rubber. i was supposed to clean it last weekend but the wife had me planting fruit trees instead. its been 1/2 year since last wax. does the angle of the flippers look normal

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

How flat is the game?
    i can shot one. At work now, I'm "essential", that was one of my theories. My pinball leveler app says the game is to steep. The bubble level on the game says not steep enough.

#18 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

The app you have is only saying that because it’s steeper than the incline you chose to set on the app. That could be 6.0.
    Make sure the bubble pitch on the game is close to the top line or a tad past it. But put it right on the top line first and see if that helps.

it is set on 6.0 -the app. I'll try the bubble level tonight and spring for some new super rubbers.

#19 4 years ago

btw saw u are from south cinci area. I grew up in Hamilton, north of Cinci. My first stop when i go home is always Skyline.

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:Make sure the bubble pitch on the game is close to the top line or a tad past it. But put it right on the top line first and see if that helps.

Oh man that did the trick!!!! its like a whole new machine. Now Im getting out of the flippers something i can work with. Valinor here i come. Looks like i owe u some skyline next time im in town. Im still gonna get the superbands though. cheers!!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Good work!
    Heck, whom doens't love Hamilton?

as we affectionately called it growing up Hamiltucky.

#26 4 years ago

yeah. all in all though. Kentucky's a pretty state.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msloneker.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-rubbers-or-to-steep?tu=msloneker and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.