• 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pintucky
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09065.JPG
DSC09064.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

I would highly suggest not using Rottendog power supplies. They will eventually do damage to your game. The high voltage circuit design on those will soon fail and cook parts of your game. I would suggest an X-Pin or Pinscore replacement.

#7 11 years ago

Yep...

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rottendog-power-supply

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/rec.games.pinball/pn4yMmd_9Hs

http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Rec/rec.games.pinball/2008-03/msg08090.html

I also had a friend with a RD power supply in his Phantom of the Opera, it caused fuses to blow, burning smells, really weird behavior. Bought an X-Pin DE supply from Brett Davis, works perfectly with no issues and the game has running 24/7 for many months. The worst part of it though is evidently Tim refuses to admit and correct the voltage regulator issue, there is just no excuse for using components out of spec like that.

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Hey Crash,
How do I test my RD power board in my DE Batman to make sure it is not pushing out too much negative voltage? I don't want my display in my Batman to start looking like your video. Those displays are super expensive to replace!

You want to test your high voltage output. There may be some test points on the board but look in the schematics of an original power supply to get which pins are supposed to be which values. 5v and 12v should be ok. But again, even if the values look good the regulators on the board will soon fail and dump too much voltage into the rest of the game.

#14 11 years ago

I'm just going by the facts Jim, people have suggested the design hasn't been updated. But if you're willing to update the design I'll support you... I know you mean well, the design just doesn't make sense.

#20 11 years ago

I posted the evidence, what more do you want? The high voltage regulators are being driven out of spec for their design. They are putting out too much voltage as a result. Look, I wish you the best of luck, but I not only did I give several examples of people with problems but I personally know someone who had similar issues. It's like you are denying there is even a problem. It's good that you have replaced failed board for people in the past but to me it seems like you're treating these cases as flukes. You have customers without issues? Great! I didn't say every person would run into problems. But it's still an issue and I'm just giving advice.

#25 11 years ago

As per GPE, this is what I'm trying to help people avoid. For some reason Jim seems to be taking it personally. Just trying to help, man...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
$ 29.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 27.95
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-rottendog-ps-for-dequestion?tu=crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.