• 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Pintucky
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSC09065.JPG
DSC09064.JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rottendog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 11 years ago

It is keyed so you cannot put the connector on wrong.

In later DE games, Stern put an extra 2 pins on this connector to allow for unregulated 12V to be used for toys. I think only one of the 2 extra pins was ever used, and only on a few games (LAH I am thinking).

Jim Knight

#12 11 years ago

Never try to teach a pig to sing. You will end up only wasting your time and annoying the pig.... But here I go anyway trying to teach a pig to sing....

DE power supplies go bad. Rottendog power supplies go bad. I can use "Crashes" methods and say I know a guy who had a Dell computer and it didn't work so all Dell computers will go bad.

Crash is obviously a "technical" guy with comments like "Tim refuses to admit and correct the voltage regulator issue, there is just no excuse for using components out of spec like that."

Hey Mr. "Crash" which spec am I not meeting?

Watch. The lack of response on which spec I am not meeting will be defining!

Here is a link to the regulator I am using. http://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/LM337-D.PDF

Please do not be so simple as to assume that "differential" voltage of 37V and output voltage of 37V is the same. Call me if you need to know the difference.

Jim Knight
256 677 5300

#13 11 years ago

Wow. Two phone calls from happy customers. I was asked to post my schematics for this board to "help" "Crash" post how I am using components "out of spec".

Here is the link to the schematic:

http://www.rottendog.us/DPS004.pdf

Crash, I am waiting for your call. Since the phone still ain't ringing I assume it still aint you?

Jim Knight
256 677 5300

#15 11 years ago

Facts? What facts?

What part of the design doesn't make sense?

Please be specific.

The design hasn't been updated? It is a complete redesign of the original DE design.

Either you are just repeating what other ignorant people say, or you are ignorant.

You specifically say: "Tim refuses to admit and correct the voltage regulator issue, there is just no excuse for using components out of spec like that."

Your statement. Where in my design am I "using components out of spec like that"?

Your statement. Please specifically tell me where I am "using components out of spec" , or say your wrong (which you are).

Anything I say, I am willing to back up with specifics. Are you?

Jim Knight
256 677 5300

#16 11 years ago

#21 11 years ago

I give up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
Filament Printing

$ 29.50
$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Hardware
Filament Printing

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Boards
PinSound

Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rottendog.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-rottendog-ps-for-dequestion?tu=Rottendog and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.