I wasn't going to chime in on this, but based on how it is going I guess I'd better since one of my previous posts is being used as "evidence". I'm not comfortable with that for the following reasons:
1) My problem occurred over two years ago. This morning I looked at photos of my old board and its schematics. It isn't the same as what is sold now. Any comments I made at that time may not apply to what is being sold now.
2) The DMD in my game at that time was a Cherry. Borygard has brought up issues that that brand of display can cause when the Data East PS goes out. So that right there could have been my problem.
3) Again, my comments two years ago were based on discussions with others about a board version that is no longer even for sale. I'm not sure they are relevant anymore. Although I am an engineer, I am not an electrical engineer. I'm not going to second guess Jim, I don't have the technical background to do so. It is his product, he stands behind it and supports it. He makes things right if there are problems. I'll leave the discussion about the technical specifications to others that are qualified to weigh in on such things.
4) Two years ago I called Jim, discussed my problems, sent my board back, he repaired it and returned it. It happened very quickly if I remember correctly. Good customer service.
5) I have bought and used a lot of Rottendog products in the last few years. I have installed his displays, MPUs, driver boards, clock boards, etc. in a lot of games for clients with no problems. I have one of Jim's MPUs in one of my games that is on location being played day after day with no problems.
I called and spoke to Jim this morning and expressed most of this to him already. I hope that clears things up as far as my previous comments and concerns.