Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 119 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by frolic
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DBAEEC4C-C335-4D5A-A3BC-FBD9190E4F69 (resized).jpeg
    Screenshot_20230327-062013_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    Mustache..gif
    Mustache (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethbenjamin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#84 1 year ago
    Quoted from crazypinballguy:

Thought I'd share the review I just read.

I hadn’t heard about the film until I read this review (I really like this guy’s perspective in general.)

Watched it last night, enjoyed it. The guy portraying young Roger was pretty great in the West Side Story remake from a couple years back, and I’m curious to see what else he does, he clearly has lots of range. The actor doing modern day Roger was good as well; I was surprised the OG Roger didn’t show up even for a cameo, but that’s fine.

I always thought this story would make for a fun indie movie. I wish there were more films like it. Low stakes, down to earth little stories, seems like there were more of these in the past but maybe it’s just that there were more indie theaters and these sorts of films are missed in the massive sea of Netflix chum nowadays.

Anyhow…it was enjoyable, and honestly I don’t understand the derision on this thread from bros who can’t abide a film that has a romance about a single mom. The screenplay clearly squeezes more drama out of the situation than probably was there IRL, but hey, it’s a movie. Light drama is OK once in a while, and the heavy handed Batman movies will still be there when you need brooding drama and manly violence ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#86 1 year ago
    Quoted from illawarra92:

finished at just under us$600

Holy crap.
    I pulled my paperback copy off the shelf as the credits rolled last night to show it to my wife, as she was like “calm down!” as I tried to coach her on how to hold it without making any creases in the cover

#95 1 year ago

Submitted without further comment:

DBAEEC4C-C335-4D5A-A3BC-FBD9190E4F69 (resized).jpegDBAEEC4C-C335-4D5A-A3BC-FBD9190E4F69 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sethbenjamin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-roger-sharpe-pinball-movie?tu=sethbenjamin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.