Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 24 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by drgnlair
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

We are starting a new league in August. Details are at WNYPINBALL.com.
    Some bullets:
    We will be an IFPA points league, league play will be 8 nights once a month, league starts in August, sign-ups are July 6th, 20 spots only..........etc.
    Special thanks to Buffalo Pinball!

I'll up this post as the sign-up date draws closer.........

#2 10 years ago

I'm siked!

#3 10 years ago

Unfortunately too far away from me, but good luck. Pinballs on location are few and far between here, and there's no leagues that I know of.

#4 10 years ago

Bump for the new league

#5 10 years ago

Looking forward to it. More pinball > less pinball.

#6 10 years ago
    Quoted from drsfmd:

Unfortunately too far away from me, but good luck. Pinballs on location are few and far between here, and there's no leagues that I know of.

Someday there might be one here in Syracuse. Its all about networking it seems. Also, somebody needs to take on the work and effort. Thanks to Bruce, MezzBlue, Buffalo Pinball, and everyone else who is getting this thing started / hosting nights

#7 10 years ago

Star Trek Pro at the "Recovery Room" in Hannaford Plaza on Wolf Road. Plays good, but has extremely old code on it.

Ron...

Quoted from drsfmd:

#8 10 years ago

We really wanted to have at least 1 league night at a location, but we need 5 games and there's no place in town that has 5 games on location.
    There are several with one. As a matter of fact, I have a game on route at Snuggery's in Spencerport (WPT). Come on out and enjoy!

#9 10 years ago

Fantasy Raceways doesn't have 5 anymore? Last time I was there he had Diner, TZ, Scared Stiff, Williams IJ and Road Show.

#10 10 years ago

Last time I was there (April 27th), they had all 5 still. Road Show was off, but my buddie told me if we asked, the owner would plug it in. I thought the minimum was 6 machines?

#11 10 years ago

Rodger is supposed to have a WOZ coming to Fantasy Raceways sometime too, assuming that he kept all of the rest that would get him to 6 pins. The downside though is that sometimes there are issues with the games that affect gameplay. In general they all play reasonably well, but not perfect.

#12 10 years ago

We would like 6, but would make an exception. If we used 5 games and 1 or 2 went down (which happens all the time) we'd be screwed.
    We did consider Fantasy, but the pins were not all in working order. We could always make a move to there if things change. Bruce and I will check it out again, if he does get a WOZ.
    There are a couple other real nice collections in town, but the owners are not into the league!!

#13 10 years ago

From what I hear there is some nice collections in town here as well, but I dont think they get on pinside or facebook that frequently (or dont have facebooks).
    Is this league going to be double or single elimination, or more of a pingolf feel? Or is that news to come?

#14 10 years ago

Just like Pinburgh With 4 games with the winner getting 3 points 2nd gets 2 points and 3rd gets 1 with 4th getting none
    Get format we borrowed from Buffalo pinball and we loved it.
    Cant wait for 2 months for both leagues.
    If we do get a place with 6 games we could do it. We might have one in Syracuse but we are still waiting to see.

#15 10 years ago

Bump. Glad to see this happening. I'm going to sign up for sure.

#16 10 years ago
    Quoted from drgnlair:

Just like Pinburgh With 4 games with the winner getting 3 points 2nd gets 2 points and 3rd gets 1 with 4th getting none

Thanks for the clarification Bruce. So hopefully with 20 people, youve got 5 groups. Then what? Top 12 make it to the 2nd round and so on?

#17 10 years ago

I'm glad to see this happening as well. Unfortunately I only have one pinball machine at home which prevents me from hosting. With all my kids activities, it may also be difficult to participate even, but I wouldn't mind getting in touch with some Rochester people with a passion for pinball.

#18 10 years ago

If we have 20 in the group it would be 3 or 4 and you play 6 games for 3 players for the night or 4 games with four players. You play the same four players the whole night. Then you add up the points for the night and then next month you play with the 4 players with the closest score with you. Then after week 4 we split up into 2 groups A,B. and we follow the same format.Till the finals. Then the finals it is the best 4 from each division. in the same format.Rules are going up in a couple of days.

2 weeks later
    #19 10 years ago

Don't forget, signups this sunday at noon. Payment by paypal. Looking forward to a great new year of pinball in WNY.
    http://www.wnypinball.com

#20 10 years ago

I will be frantically driving around Northville, NY looking for a free wifi Coffee shop or whatever (T-Mobile, no way im getting 4g while camping) This Sunday at noon

#21 10 years ago

Less then one hour till signups good luck and looking forward to a great league year.

#23 10 years ago

I'm in too but I'm wondering if anyone else from Syracuse is going to make it. Jason signed up for the Buffalo league and I thought he was going to do this one too but I haven't heard anything. Then there's Dave probably lost in the woods somewhere searching for a WiFi signal lol.

#24 10 years ago

19 spots already filled. We can go the max of 24 people and we have only been collecting money for 2 days.Tell everyone pinball league in western and central NY is here.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.