Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 81 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 55 days ago by Astill
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 4 years ago

The patch has been removed.

#2 4 years ago

Awesome! What’s next up? Still tweaking CFTBL code?

#3 4 years ago

Wow very nice...

#4 4 years ago

The originally posted patch is obsolete. Use this one instead.

Road Show
Rev L-6 patch ccd1
Download link: https://tinyurl.com/y2uyptzw
Please read the Readme and follow the patch guide carefully.

#5 4 years ago

This is a great idea! Thank you!

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble with the latest link. Has anyone else been able to get this to work?

#6 4 years ago

This is amazing. Would someone with the ability to burn roms be willing to sell and ship me a set?

#7 4 years ago

link was broken... could you please upload again ?

#8 4 years ago

I did get the original one to work and seems to work fine. What was included in the updated one?

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from gnokketto:

link was broken... could you please upload again ?

Road Show
Rev L-6 patch ccd1

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from BethlehemBill:

I did get the original one to work and seems to work fine. What was included in the updated one?

Unfortunetly, there was a glitch in the mon-fri chase light effect when lock lit. A real bummer not to discover this. But a new patch (ccd1) with this fixed was immediately released.

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from soren:

Road Show
Rev L-6 patch ccd1

Again, if anyone can burn and ship this, I would happily pay

#13 4 years ago

I'd like one also.

#14 4 years ago

Wow this is great !
I patched L6 and tested it without any issue.
When I bought my RS I thought the feature was factory implemented... which it should have been !
Strange that there is so little reaction for a feature that has been requested for years ! Not that many RS left I guess...

Do you have any pointers on how and where you found the info necessary to implement this ?
Is this an assembly patch or a rebuild of the software ? How did you achieve this ?

Is the version number ccd1 ? What does it mean ? I think I saw 'cccd1' being displayed on startup.

Anyway thanks for a job well done.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from firepawa:

Wow this is great !
I patched L6 and tested it without any issue.

Glad you like it. Spread the word.

Quoted from firepawa:

When I bought my RS I thought the feature was factory implemented... which it should have been !

The designers alledgely throught the east to west journey to be a buy-in hook.

Quoted from firepawa:

Do you have any pointers on how and where you found the info necessary to implement this ?

I have prior experience with low level hardware/software. The simulator environment PinMame is the starting point. A lot of hard work. But also with some valuable help (thanks).

Quoted from firepawa:

Is this an assembly patch or a rebuild of the software ?

The prior.

Quoted from firepawa:

Is the version number ccd1 ? What does it mean ? I think I saw 'cccd1' being displayed on startup.

It is a tie-in checksum to the "final build" having a blank patch number displayed. Just the way it went rather than having a running version no or something random. The purpose is solely to give people a way to identify what is installed.

#16 4 years ago

This is awesome! Thanks for your hard work in making this. The pinball community is really something special.

I no longer own a RoadShow, but it was my first pin and will always hold a special place in my heart I think it's a great game! I would have installed this in a heart beat. Who knows, maybe I'll own another RS someday...

#17 4 years ago

I’d love to do this update to RS! Thanks for taking the time to reprogram this. So one needs to acquire an eprom burner to put this on a new chip? Is there a reputable company that sells burners and new chips as well?

#18 4 years ago

I've gotta grab this for my dads RS! Awesome work

#19 4 years ago

Wow, it is always so impressive to see how amazingly skilled some of the folks on Pinside are. Thank you very much for making a really fun game even better, Soren! I'd love to buy a burned eprom to run in my RS, should you decide to make burned eproms available.
Good job!

#20 4 years ago

I’m picking up a RS on Monday and this will be the first thing I do! Soren, Can I make a contribution for your efforts? I don’t have a burner, but can get one burned for about $10.

3 weeks later
#21 4 years ago

Just saw this and will flash it when I'm home later this week! You rule

4 months later
#22 4 years ago

Just found this thread linked from another, and interested to hear if anyone has tried it. I don’t see it available on pinballroms.com, they only have L6, so also wondering where to get it burned.

#23 4 years ago

I like it. Fun to "randomly" get Miami on ball 3 lol

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

Just found this thread linked from another, and interested to hear if anyone has tried it. I don’t see it available on pinballroms.com, they only have L6, so also wondering where to get it burned.

Dave astill from astill entertainment burned one for me. He’s in Canada, but he turns it around quick. I think it was around $13 shipped.

1 week later
#25 4 years ago

Can this code be used on route or is it a free play setting only?

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

My Roadshow with the new software is on route

#27 4 years ago

Any possibility of adding a wizard mode for when all the cities are completed?

#28 4 years ago
Quoted from Bud:

The changes listed in the release note is the only - and all - of changed from the parent L-6 it is build upon. So, coin play is possible.

Quoted from hlaj78:

Any possibility of adding a wizard mode for when all the cities are completed?

The new light show is your perk for that achievement. Plus the fact, that you can play all the three lucrative West coast cities in succession. When setting the game to "marathon" setting.

#29 4 years ago

Can someone email me an already-patched version of the code?

1 week later
#31 4 years ago

Cool!

2 weeks later
#34 4 years ago

Agree!

2 weeks later
#35 4 years ago

I’m picking up a roadshow just after Christmas, and this is being ordered ASAP. Thank you so much for making a great game even better!

3 months later
#36 3 years ago

People that have install and played this code, what is your feedback?

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

People that have install and played this code, what is your feedback?

I like it. Makes it more random and less linear, as well as makes it difficult to reach the west coast, as a true wizard mode should be. I have mine set at all cities collected before the west coast.

#38 3 years ago

Highly recommended. It's still balanced for scoring/competition, but you end up have a different experience every game rather than 1 of 3 or 4 or 5 very similar games. Also, it's worth it just to become familiar with all the cities that you might only ever play once in a long while. Denver and Vegas are very cool, for example.

2 weeks later
#39 3 years ago

I like it too. Lot of different competition strategies if Any route is selected in settings. Also good for new players to be able to see the cities on the left of the map which they would never see otherwise. Also removes some bugs from the game.

#40 3 years ago

Can someone send this to me or point me to where it can be downloaded? All the links appear to not work anymore.

Thanks

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Can someone send this to me or point me to where it can be downloaded? All the links appear to not work anymore.
Thanks

Ipdb.org

#42 3 years ago

Thanks. Is it the L-6 patch?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from fossmin:

Thanks. Is it the L-6 patch?

Yes. After patching it becomes L-6 ccd1.

#44 3 years ago

Is there anybody that can burn this rom for me?

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Is there anybody that can burn this rom for me?

Hobbyroms.com

#46 3 years ago

Why is the Lx 6 patch rom less in size of the Lx 6 game rom?

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Why is the Lx 6 patch rom less in size of the Lx 6 game rom?

It is a patch, not a full game rom. You take a L-6 game rom and patch it with L-6 game patch using proper software.

#49 3 years ago

So I had a rom burned and installed this, but the game still starts on the east coast and moves west. Is there a setting to change?

Thanks

#50 3 years ago

I haven't installed this yet, but did you go thru all settings and see if there was one

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
There are 81 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-road-show-software-mod?hl=rgzpinx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.