LeftLadyPrintedComp (resized).jpg
LeftDecorativeCompIlluminated (resized).jpg
LeftDecorativePrintedComp (resized).jpg
CrispyCompIlluminated (resized).jpg
AllPlasticsComp (resized).jpg
IMG_8469 (resized).jpg
#1 7 years ago

Hi EM Pinballers,

Just wanted to let you know that Pinball Resource just officially announced they are now carrying my restored Score Board plastics (see below for images):

http://pbresource.com/news.html

"12/20/16 Gottlieb® Score-Board Repro Plastic Set

Pinball Resource announces a new collaboration with Ryan Claytor to remake some sets of Gottlieb® playfield plastics from the 50's. The first set is SCORE BOARD. It is available now under the part number "PL114" at $75.00 for the set of 4 plastics. These plastics have been re-rendered by Ryan and then printed on PETG and laser cut. I am impressed with their quality. I have selected a few more titles (firstly driven by plastics I need for my games!) that will be announced when finished. The emphasis is on sets which have not been done anywhere previously. The production runs will be small and we will see how it goes considering the time needed to re-render artwork (from poor originals) and generate cutting files."

The parts are in-stock and ready to ship. I'm really proud to start this relationship with Steve Young and help to "refresh" a few more titles that wouldn't have otherwise received the new-plastic treatment.

Just wanted to make everyone aware that these are now available for purchase and before too awfully long we should have another few titles to tell you about.

Thanks for your overwhelming support.

Sincerely,
Ryan

IMG_8469 (resized).jpgIMG_8469 (resized).jpgAllPlasticsComp (resized).jpgAllPlasticsComp (resized).jpgRightDecorativePrintedComp (resized).jpgRightDecorativePrintedComp (resized).jpgLeftDecorativePrintedComp (resized).jpgLeftDecorativePrintedComp (resized).jpgLeftLadyPrintedComp (resized).jpgLeftLadyPrintedComp (resized).jpgRightLadyPrintedComp (resized).jpgRightLadyPrintedComp (resized).jpgLeftDecorativeCompIlluminated (resized).jpgLeftDecorativeCompIlluminated (resized).jpgRightDecorativeCompIlluminated (resized).jpgRightDecorativeCompIlluminated (resized).jpgLeftLadyCompIlluminated (resized).jpgLeftLadyCompIlluminated (resized).jpgRightLadyCompIlluminated (resized).jpgRightLadyCompIlluminated (resized).jpgCrispyCompIlluminated (resized).jpgCrispyCompIlluminated (resized).jpg

#2 7 years ago

Great work. Everybody call Steve and let him know what 50's plastics they need

#3 7 years ago

you are an asset to the community Ryan! Also a pretty decent guy

#4 7 years ago

before-after sad-happy (resized).pngbefore-after sad-happy (resized).png

People like you Ryan make me glad I got into this hobby!!

#5 7 years ago

Why are the slingshot plastics on the wrong slings and face down in the first before picture?

Great looking pieces, makes me wish I had that game.

#6 7 years ago
Quoted from YeOldPinPlayer:

Why are the slingshot plastics on the wrong slings and face down in the first before picture

A good guess would be that the originals were too warped to install correctly, and fit better that way??

#7 7 years ago

Looks great! Any chances of doing some older Williams plastics, or is it not worth dealing with the license ogre?

#8 7 years ago

will order a set for sure

#9 7 years ago

Why are the slingshot plastics on the wrong slings and face down in the first before picture?

The original plastics were so curled under that they would get bashed by the ball or catch the switches underneath:

bacon (resized).jpgbacon (resized).jpg

Turning them upside down (so they curled up instead of down) was the only way to play the game...that is until I remade the plastics.

And...

Quoted from Whysnow:

you are an asset to the community Ryan! Also a pretty decent guy

Quoted from Pinzap:

People like you Ryan make me glad I got into this hobby!!

Quoted from o-din:

Looks great!

#10 7 years ago

That's pretty awesome Ryan. What was the process like to get these made? Did you use a certain program to make them? Did you make the file first and then contact PBR?

It's pretty cool to help to give something back to the community by helping to get parts or mods made. I know the feeling.

Now you just need to make those sweet Hay-ride/Harvest plastics.

#11 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

What was the process like to get these made? Did you use a certain program to make them?

Short Story:
Adobe Illustrator (a vector art program) for the two decorative plastics. Lady plastics were hand-drawn on Bristol board with digital colors in Photoshop.

Long Story:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1956-gottlieb-score-board-pick-up#post-3459914

#12 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Short Story:
Adobe Illustrator (a vector art program) for the two decorative plastics. Hand drawn on Bristol board with digital colors in Photoshop.
Long Story:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1956-gottlieb-score-board-pick-up#post-3459914

That's a pretty cool story. Somehow I missed your Score-Board thread. Are you just collecting games with hyphens in their names now?

#13 7 years ago

Very Nice!

#14 7 years ago

Good Job !

#15 7 years ago

Ryan Claytor for President!

#16 7 years ago

Congrats!

<generic gif here>

#17 7 years ago

Congratulations! Beautiful work! I shall dub thee "Plastic Man" (one of my favorite comics)

Bruce

Plastic Man (resized).jpgPlastic Man (resized).jpg

#18 7 years ago

Amazing, amazing work. Thank you for doing this!

#19 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Are you just collecting games with hyphens in their names now?

The best idea for a themed collection I've heard in a long time.

Quoted from PinballFever:

I shall dub thee "Plastic Man" (one of my favorite comics)

Hey, I'm a comics artist, writer, and educator, so that fits!

Quoted from SirScott:

Ryan Claytor for President!

Quoted from jeffc:

Congrats!
<generic gif here>

Quoted from PinballFever:

Congratulations! Beautiful work!

Quoted from bingopodcast:

Amazing, amazing work. Thank you for doing this!

Man...

weeping.gifweeping.gif

...you guys are too good to me.

#20 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'm really proud to start this relationship with Steve Young and help to "refresh" a few more titles that wouldn't have otherwise received the new-plastic treatment.

Way to go Ryan. This is a valuable resource for the pin community. Don't need any right now, but never say never.

#21 7 years ago

Dang, I should've followed up on that other thing we talked about...

#22 7 years ago

Damn Ryan, those look awesome...

1 week later
3 months later
#24 6 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

I'm really proud to start this relationship with Steve Young and help to "refresh" a few more titles that wouldn't have otherwise received the new-plastic treatment.

Welp...

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/more-repro-plastic-sets-by-ryan-claytor-at-pinball-resource#post-3750472

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-reproduction-plastics-available-from-pbr-and-ryan-claytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.