(Topic ID: 144067)

New Release.....MATRIX.....LED system from Comet Pinball!

By OLDPINGUY

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 29 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    image.jpg
    Firepower-under-cabinet-led.jpg
    CometMatrix.png
    seeitfromspace.jpg
    shadow-purple-small-web.jpg
    Shadow-Apron-and-Post-Lighst-web.jpg
    Shadow-Apron-and-Post-Lighs-3-small-web.jpg
    Shadow-20inch-80-SMD-White-small-web.jpg
    post-light-small-web-a.jpg
    how13.png
    matrix-banner.gif
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 8 years ago

received my package today, i will try a few things, i'm working on some ideas here, might contact you for more.

#102 8 years ago

Wow art! I stopped by the site today to see if there is black friday deals coming and saw all of this matrix system stuff and it blew me away! I cant believe i didnt see this thread earlier. I can now light scoops and other weird areas with ease. Anyhow thanks for the new innovative lighting and thanks for the black friday deals again this year! I hope your health keeps improving and be well!

#103 8 years ago

Thank you....and its just the beginning! Over a dozen more products scheduled!

Have people putting post lights on back of objects instead of big play field blocking spots, and adding them in back box.

Our 6.3V chaser lights looks so good, I sold them out before I could post!
    Shooting for $5.95 on that! Fun Stuff!

Im playing with them all tomorrow, assuming I get some sleep!

#104 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Im playing with them all tomorrow, assuming I get some sleep!

I'd forget about sleep Art, I predict your sales for this years Black Friday will double or triple last years. Your better known and have many new one of a kind items.

#105 8 years ago

It will be my first order through Comet

#106 8 years ago
    Quoted from golfingdad1:

It will be my first order through Comet

Really? You'll love his assortment and products.

#107 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Really? You'll love his assortment and products.

I know my buddy has all comet leds in his ST and IM and it looks killer.

2 months later
    #108 8 years ago

Using the LED strips on Robocop in the GI and in some of the effect lights nothing out of the LED strips. Wondering if this is the DC issue posted above or if I have a bad set of strips. Excited about the possibilities of this system.

#109 8 years ago

If you are using a bulb in GI, that would be AC and should work fine....Does the bulb light? Check the wires to be pushed into the connector.

If your bulb is powered by inserts, the first batch was AC only, with some limited DC...In that case you would need an AC/DC bulb or power from alligator clips to DC Socket.

Ultimately, its an extension of the light and should work. so try pushing the wires tighter into the connector, then try another location or connection method to verify bulb and or strip as working.....

#110 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

If you are using a bulb in GI, that would be AC and should work fine....Does the bulb light? Check the wires to be pushed into the connector.
    If your bulb is powered by inserts, the first batch was AC only, with some limited DC...In that case you would need an AC/DC bulb or power from alligator clips to DC Socket.
    Ultimately, its an extension of the light and should work. so try pushing the wires tighter into the connector, then try another location or connection method to verify bulb and or strip as working.....

Yeah these strips are BRIGHT.

#111 8 years ago

We will have a new thread shortly, as Frosted strips have arrived and are in Stock!
    Add a brightness screw, and any level of brightness is achievable! (Just for you, Paul!.... Ha!)
    No complaints now, as its any level... Ice Blue is Sweet Too!

Much More in the works for this year..

#112 8 years ago

This is really awesome. I'm going to have to spend time analyzing my playfields to see how I can implement this. I'd love to add some apron LED strips, light up posts, and other creative uses for lighting.

#113 8 years ago

Nice. Warm white strip was just too brite/harsh (even with the dimmer screw). Amber strip was just too strongly "amber".

I have kapton tape on order and planned to apply over the white to see if it would give me the warmer tone I desire.

...that is, unless you'll have a ~sunlight variety coming in frosted.

#114 8 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We will have a new thread shortly, as Frosted strips have arrived and are in Stock!
    Add a brightness screw, and any level of brightness is achievable! (Just for you, Paul!.... Ha!)
    No complaints now, as its any level... Ice Blue is Sweet Too!

Thanks Art. Any word about my OTHER request.

#115 8 years ago

Oh Art your gonna hate me but here's another suggestion. Your 1 led flex with the connector coming out is just to spotty and harsh sometimes so how about a frosted dome bulb with the connector wires coming out the base of the dome or there abouts. What ya think?

#116 8 years ago
    Quoted from MustangPaul:

Oh Art your gonna hate me but here's another suggestion. Your 1 led flex with the connector coming out is just to spotty and harsh sometimes so how about a frosted dome bulb with the connector wires coming out the base of the dome or there abouts. What ya think?

they already exist i used one this weekend, just thought id let you know.not trying to be an ahole.lol

#117 8 years ago
    Quoted from rooftop:

they already exist i used one this weekend, just thought id let you know.not trying to be an ahole.lol

Yup your right, been a while since I was on the site.

#118 8 years ago

Yes, the flex head plain would be for inserts, and special GI needs, the Frosted is pretty cool elsewhere.....backbox is really neat too!
    Your "other request", Paul, is in the works, but with a "Twist".
    Ill await its arrival, hopefully proto test in about 8 weeks.

Sorry, Markp99, Sunlight, isnt anticipated in a strip.
    Unsure how to fill your needs, other then color and brightness, but if tape or gel, etc, helps get your
    result...please do share

11 months later
    #120 7 years ago

completly forgotten this topic... have to favorite it as its seems to be a nice solution to build an active BG for spike games

#121 7 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

completly forgotten this topic... have to favorite it as its seems to be a nice solution to build an active BG for spike games

Have you done anything like that?

#122 7 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

What would REALLY be nice is to build a light board for the new RFM 3d tl that will be coming out and use the Comet Matrix system so that people could customize the colors if they wanted.

#123 7 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Have you done anything like that?

me personaly still not, but Art should/will have...

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-releasematrixled-system-from-comet-pinball/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.