(Topic ID: 144067)

New Release.....MATRIX.....LED system from Comet Pinball!

By OLDPINGUY

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 123 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by RipleYYY
  • Topic is favorited by 28 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 14 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_2112.jpg
    IMG_2120.jpg
    IMG_2121.jpg
    image.jpg
    Firepower-under-cabinet-led.jpg
    CometMatrix.png
    seeitfromspace.jpg
    shadow-purple-small-web.jpg
    Shadow-Apron-and-Post-Lighst-web.jpg
    Shadow-Apron-and-Post-Lighs-3-small-web.jpg
    Shadow-20inch-80-SMD-White-small-web.jpg
    post-light-small-web-a.jpg
    how13.png
    matrix-banner.gif

There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
    #1 3 years ago

Greetings All!

I am proud and exhausted, to share our soft release of our Matrix Lighting System!

http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1871

matrix-banner.gif

What is Matrix?

Matrix is an advanced Quick Connect System of add on LED Products for your game.
    No soldering, it uses and preserves your original socket.
    Light Scoops, Mods, Aprons, outholes, saucers, Dark areas, Back of Game, even your Backbox!
    Insert featured lights may be brought to your Back Box, for very Creative lighting!
    Much more to come!

How does it Work?

how13.png

Please Check it out as I know great Games will come from Post Lights, or a Full Apron light, to lighting the back of your game in minutes! Brightness Control, so even SS, and EM games can benefit!

As this is a soft release, we welcome feedback...hopefully no big bumps. Many additional products to come and are in Process.

3 Caveats, and help Please.

1) 44/47 base bulbs work amazing in GI, which is AC we have received a limited amount in AC and DC.
    Please add in the notes section, if you are using in GI.

2) On each page we have instructions on separating your connection. Please follow and separate by using Plastics to pull, not wires.

3) Is personal. Just a request for light on the emails, as I am undergoing planning for a 3rd heart surgery, and will do my best to be of full support.

Thanks so much! I hope you Enjoy, and this is the beginning of much much more!

Art
    www.cometpinball.com

#2 3 years ago

Ahhhh nice! This will come in super handy... Thank you Art!

Many prayers for your surgery, hope you to be much stronger afterwards

#3 3 years ago

Hey Art, sorry to hear about the surgery. My best wishes for a fast recovery.

Matrix products look fantastic. I'll be ordering some and trying them out.

#4 3 years ago

Very cool. I'll have to think about where I should add these.

#5 3 years ago

Art, make sure you remain a tough old bastard and come bouncing back from that surgery to sell us more stuff, okay?

#6 3 years ago

Badass! And of course you announce after I solder a bunch of shit tonight.

Any plans to make different colors or clear lenses for the main light?

#7 3 years ago

Art....you just keep coming up with more ways to take my money....

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Any plans to make different colors or clear lenses for the main light?

Colors will come, but I dont expect clear lens, as bending a no lens flex, will allow for 95% the same light.

#9 3 years ago

Thank you for the well wishes....

#10 3 years ago

Great stuff Art

#11 3 years ago

Amazing Art! I know you spent a great amount of time and passion on this project. Cant wait to see what people do with these new options. Best wishes on your procedure and God speed on your recovery.

#12 3 years ago

awesome work Art, very innovative products and have plans already for them

all the best

#13 3 years ago

Art's passion for going outside the box with LED's in pinball machines is truly amazing.

#14 3 years ago

This is awesome! I should be able to have some fun with this.. Thanks, as if I already had enough LEDs.. Lol

#15 3 years ago

Oh yeah, 20" 6.3V LED strips! This looks convenient as hell!

Let's blow some fuses baby!

#16 3 years ago

Nice, I already have some ideas brewing!

Good luck with your surgery!

#17 3 years ago

Amazing! great work.

#18 3 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

Oh yeah, 20" 6.3V LED strips! This looks convenient as hell!
    Let's blow some fuses baby!

Its neat to adjust the brightness down, like I did for my Shadow...to exactly my taste.
    I always tried the 12V white strips, but often found them too bright.
    Then I used the remote one, that worked, but sometimes it would "reset"
    Whats also cool, is one can split the back into 2 or 3 Light strips for a pretty cool look.
    We tested an all white on shadow, then added a red plugged into a jackpot insert..Sweet!
    Your outhole with an orange Pad, attached to Shoot again...neat!

I received a PM just now, about drop target lights, lighting the letters in a backbox.
    With my apologies to a Mod being made...lighting KISS is maybe $20 in products, and I guess a cardboard or small poster board
    assembly.
    Daisy chain extra pads in your back box.

An adjustable flashing box should be coming so a whole array of speeds, colors, brightness, can bring amazing new life to backbox lighting.

Heres some more pics shared from posting in Shadow thread.

post-light-small-web-a.jpg

Shadow-20inch-80-SMD-White-small-web.jpg

Shadow-Apron-and-Post-Lighs-3-small-web.jpg

Shadow-Apron-and-Post-Lighst-web.jpg

shadow-purple-small-web.jpg

#19 3 years ago

Oh. just received today and tested Frosted Diffused Strips...working on those for reduced Glare and reflection, where needed.
    Also some conversion boxes....grab 12V from your 6.3V bulb.

Oh yes, I hope this one works...micro strips in 45 degree lighting....soft glow facing out towards you, and brilliant light shining down on Playfield.....really cool.....

#20 3 years ago

Awesome as usual! No dark spot is safe! Good luck with the surgery!!

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Also some conversion boxes....grab 12V from your 6.3V bulb.

Gimme gimme!!

#22 3 years ago

My apologies my Friend we both have Matrix in our products.....Please let me know if I can ad a link on our MOD page for your product, id hate for any confusion.
    Shared gratitude for all the work you have done to bring yours to market in such a great way!

#23 3 years ago

It's such a great name! More people should use it!!

#24 3 years ago

I hope in January....Grab 12V Flashers, EL, RGB, Motors....what else?

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I hope in January....Grab 12V Flashers, EL, RGB, Motors....what else?

This is EXACTLY what needs to go between my board and the rising cross mechanism in Met for those guys who really want to install it in the pro. Can you divulge the form factor yet?

#26 3 years ago

well f*ck me.. I'll have to give Art more cash now.

#27 3 years ago

Simple, its a step up board from 6.3V, working on "enclosure" box, so it plugs into bulb, and outputs 12V.
    Insert lights...12V out. Box is around 1-1/2 inches, by 1/2 inch, but would be below the playfield.....

#28 3 years ago

damn, now i'm looking at all my games and restorations and wondering how i can use this.

love the 6.3 volts light post.

order coming up soon.

#29 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Box is around 1-1/2 inches, by 1/2 inch, but would be below the playfield...

Perfect... Wires from the Interceptor 6.3v output and gnd, into whatever plug fits the conversion box, conversion box mounted underneath PF adjacent cross mechanism, 12v and gnd into cross, voila!

#30 3 years ago

Steve Ritchie approves of this new "supernovian" level of pin-brightness...
    seeitfromspace.jpg

#31 3 years ago

This is awesome. Great job Art! Well wishes on a fast recovery too!

#32 3 years ago

This is awesome Art ! I love it . My mind is going with ways to use this . Also you need to take it easy and Relax ( if possible )

#33 3 years ago

Hey art, a 12" one would be perfect for lighting the back of the playfields.. Sure I can buy a 20 and cut it but just sayin.. Would be very interested in seeing this in a diffused option

#34 3 years ago

This is going to really come in handy Nice job

Good luck with the ticker and I hope you have a speedy recovery

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from tilted81:

Hey art, a 12" one would be perfect for lighting the back of the playfields.. Sure I can buy a 20 and cut it but just sayin.. Would be very interested in seeing this in a diffused option

20" covers the full length, the next option is 8" half the distance.
    However, if others feel the same, I may add, (this has been edited, as my math skills failed earlier, sorry)

Testing diffused in Shadow this weekend. I requesting the Epoxy waterproof coating to be milky...really nice!

Yes, soon, I will have a long rest...there are about a dozen add ons in the works, and our yet to be named External Universal
    Board that fits along side this. Top, Bottom, Back, inside, and after Backbox. User controlled colors, one Bulb, lights everything! RGB from any high voltage event! Add flashers to a SS that never had any! Customize topper lighting with ease! Back and Bottom, amazing Flashers! One product, all games! One year on route testing! These will be out soon!

Then rest...

#36 3 years ago

Bah Art, just took more of my money!!!

And really, best of luck with the surgery...

#37 3 years ago

couldn't resist, order a few parts to put in my space shuttle restoration and to make some test.

can't wait to try them out.

bob.

... and get well art.

#38 3 years ago

Art has crazy plans still yet to be revealed! I'm sitting on a test kit that I apologize for have had no time to play with. Just been too damn busy work on Alien in my free pin time to mess with my games much lately.

#39 3 years ago

Plug it into your Shadow...Clip to Flashers, and Pops, set your colors, and watch the Fireworks!

Here it is on Location in Miami!

1st Version, Plug and Play Harness, from Chris, at Rocks Custom Pinball, who has partnered. 1 BULB Under Cab!
    2nd Version, Advanced user...you choose the trigger events! Both you choose your own colors, change them anytime!

Move to any game!

Makes me think of Close Encounters of the Third Kind!

#40 3 years ago

Good job Art... saw these when stalking your site for work's Bride of Pinbot.
    I'm happy to see the wire set broken out... may have to figure out how to use them in a future mod.

#41 3 years ago

Thanks John!

I received an email requesting more help.
    Im really poor at writing instructions or sharing....my apologies.
    I hope this may be of help to him, and others.

So lets start, and if you have this open in another tab, it will be easy.

http://www.cometpinball.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1871

In looking at the picture, youll need to start with a light source.
    If using a 2 Headed Matrix Bulb, youll need to decide what you may want to light,
    If the light you wish is to be on all the time, then you want a GI bulb. These are almost always, a 44/47 bayonet frosted.
    What would you like always on with light?

A light strip in the back of your game? Thats 20" or 2- 8"
    Apron? Thats 8" or original 4"
    Post lights? Just pick your color of post light,
    Object? Any product
    Backbox? Any Product
    Always on Scoop, or other? Pad or strip.

Now most inserts are 555 Wedge, like above, youll want to match the other
    bulbs in brightness. This is achieved by moving the flexible head closer to the insert
    to get brighter.

Inserts are event driven...light a letter, a target, jackpot, etc....When that insert is lit, so will your extension.
    Want your Apron to flash? 1 bulb, splitter, 2 wire lengths, and 2 strips. Say red flashing on Jackpot Lit?
    2 red strips! Fast and easy. You could even stack them on top of always on whites!, But more!
    Use a 3 Splitter, and have your Apron and scoop, or ramp flash! Add another to run into your backbox, pick a color and have
    some Flashing where it never was before!
    Dont forget you can plug in a brightness control to suit your taste.

Dont want to use a Matrix Bulb? Grab some Alligator Clips.
    Have a Mod? Pop a post light on the back, or appropriate area to light!
    Rearrange anytime, Move it to another game, insanely non evasive!

Hope this helps.

Art

Pretty much light, any color, any brightness, where you want it, when you want!

#42 3 years ago

ehhrmygawd..... Art this is sweet, my family needs to eat you know...

#44 3 years ago

A shadow with a lit up Battlefield - how cool is that??

#45 3 years ago

sweeet!

#46 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

External Universal
    Board that fits along side this. Top, Bottom, Back, inside, and after Backbox. User controlled colors, one Bulb, lights everything! RGB from any high voltage event! Add flashers to a SS that never had any! Customize topper lighting with ease! Back and Bottom, amazing Flashers! One product, all games! One year on route testing! These will be out soon!

So, can I talk about this with friends now? I installed it long enough to play with it, but then had to box it up because I knew my 3 yr old son would not leave that LED alone on the bottom of the machine.

#47 3 years ago
    Quoted from TimeBandit:

This is EXACTLY what needs to go between my board and the rising cross mechanism in Met for those guys who really want to install it in the pro. Can you divulge the form factor yet?

So spin me up, what do I need to order here as I have the cross being shipped for my Pro as I type.

#48 3 years ago

Hi Art, GREAT to see this finally coming out, Matrix really opens up the possibilities for some creative lighting. Be a good boy for the doctors too.

#49 3 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

So, can I talk about this with friends now? I installed it long enough to play with it, but then had to box it up because I knew my 3 yr old son would not leave that LED alone on the bottom of the machine.

Ouch....never thought about that Herg.

Perhaps thoughts on that can be saved until release....there have been changes made since the proto, and Plug and play harnesses
    are being made to make it easier.
    The COB, is under some revisions as well........

#50 3 years ago

I'm trying to order the MATRIX 10 SMD 6.3V Strip in green, but when I select green it comes up on my cart as red. I did try red to see if they were reversed, but no joy.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 6.95
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Bright Lights Pinball
    $ 75.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 19.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 8,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 235.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    £ 49.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 89.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 142.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 214.99
    $ 109.99
    There are 123 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside