Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by chuckcasey
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Should you wait on a new release stern for them to work out all of the kinks and how long is a good amount of time to wait

#2 5 years ago

Up to you.

You want it now. Or later.

In the case of an LE that sells out quick, there may not be a later, except for more money if the game is a hit.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago

since you tagged Iron Maiden, it has a lot better initial code than a lot of other new sterns have had so I think youd be good to go with that title. Some games the code can be pretty weak to start with so it may be worth waiting to see how it develops.

#4 5 years ago

I'm going to be honest.

Wait until the code has matured or is at least near finished or you may end up getting tired of it before many features are implemented and then have to sell it at a loss just to get rid of it. I have experience in these matters.

#5 5 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

since you tagged Iron Maiden, it has a lot better initial code than a lot of other new sterns have had so I think youd be good to go with that title. Some games the code can be pretty weak to start with so it may be worth waiting to see how it develops.

Thanks for the advice I was thinking more about quality issues

#6 5 years ago

I think best to look for a distributor with an extended warranty.

That way, problems will get sorted.

#7 5 years ago

Issues can happen at any point in a games life. My friend just bought a Metalica with a replacement playfield. Things happen. In my experience Stern support is fantastic unless you are the guy that freaks out over dimples.

#8 5 years ago

Just wait until the software is done. Would you play a video game that's 3/4 finished and buggy? Just wait until it's polished, otherwise you'll get bored of it before you even get the final version probably.

#9 5 years ago

99.9% of all the people that have got their IMDN games already are glad that they didn't wait.

#10 5 years ago
Quoted from Jpp718:

Should you wait on a new release stern for them to work out all of the kinks and how long is a good amount of time to wait

I usually wait between 10-40 years after a pin’s initial release to buy it.

Only way to be sure.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I usually wait between 10-40 years after a pin’s initial release to buy it.
Only way to be sure.

Lmao

#12 5 years ago

Just buy second hand, that way no NIB surprises

#13 5 years ago

I’ve bought 4 NIB, all near original release and have no complaints on mechanics. I bought a slightly used Aerosmith and have no complaints. I think it’s an even playfield to buy at release or waiting. If there are “a cross the board” issues they’ll release a service bulletin or letter.

Software maturity is a different story. Buying early means infant code. Waiting a year doesn’t always mean you’ll be getting complete code. Waiting for complete code doesn’t seem reasonable either (you could be waiting a while).

Btw, heard IMLB major code update coming next week. Anyone hear this rumor or is it a fact ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 16.00
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
JuanSolo's modshop

$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 24.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 27.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 8.99
Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Trade
Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-release-sterns and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.