Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 117 posts
  • 47 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by alveolus
  • Topic is favorited by 13 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Where will it go? ”

• My significant other might actually allow this in the Living Room 7 votes
      26%
    • The Game Room, naturally 17 votes
      63%
    • Hide it at friend's house for now 3 votes
      11%

(27 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

465A7217-65B4-4995-95C6-8C5EBF967B82 (resized).jpeg
    VVysI4jD (resized).png
    Atari-Pong-COCKTAIL-version-1024x683 (resized).jpg
    JtFl9bkW (resized).jpeg
    P6Ho1j8X (resized).jpeg
    pgnyhTpg (resized).jpeg
    IMG_1057 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6236 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_211054098 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_211038435_LL (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_210352347_LL (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_210053822_LL (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_210040444_LL (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_210017502_LL (resized).jpg
    15356601911732925684276380696842 (resized).jpg
    15356601422682222725034150127971 (resized).jpg
    There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
    #51 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Just picked one up today! Gotta get some friends to help move it in the house.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent! I, too, am eager to get some owner feedback/owner reviews. You could be the first.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Excellent! I, too, am eager to get some owner feedback/owner reviews. You could be the first.

It's great! Super fun, and the Bluetooth ability is a great feature.

There are 4 different background music themes. And 4 different SFX packages you can mix and match. and adjust individual volumes.

and YES! there is an attract mode you can set up. Were it does lights and sounds and will play itself. all user configurable.

it also has a clock, alarm clock of you want. bluetooth support. and 6 usb ports.

Basically I dialed it in so it plays great. Much better than the videos and the ones I played at shows. That seem to have had a bit of control lag.

A very good manual with troubleshooting tips. Parts breakdown and wiring diagrams. In the 33 page operations manual. Everything you would expect to get.

And it seems built really well. Very solid.
    I'm on the honeymoon phase obviously, but I'm happy with the purchase.
    IMG_20180830_210017502_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210017502_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210040444_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210040444_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210053822_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210053822_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210352347_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210352347_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_211038435_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_211038435_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_211054098 (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_211054098 (resized).jpg

#53 5 years ago

Thanks! Great review, looking very! forward to it!! Wil be a great addition for the whole family I believe
    Cheers, Peter

#54 5 years ago

Yes, thanks for the review.

Also, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could upload an attract mode video.

#55 5 years ago

Got an update on spare parts.

"The units will ship with a spare fuse and a suction cup for removing the glass."

So, not much included as far as spare parts, but parts can be ordered through your distributor.

#56 5 years ago

I haven't looked at one up close, but the belting and stuff all appears pretty standard and easy to source.

#57 5 years ago

I want a bar height version. Korea is getting one so maybe we will to.

#58 5 years ago

Had my friend over today with his 8 year old.
    Then had a blast playing it. And now they want one.

#59 5 years ago

New MAP pricing going into effect w/shipping costs built in. $3499 shipped.

Bottom line is pretty much the same, but no more need for individual shipping quotes. Same price now whomever you call.

And the unfortunately the $100 Pinside discount is going away. Today is the last day for that.

#60 5 years ago

Cool video from the inventors shows the making of the first working prototype

#61 5 years ago

Had one of these, Very disappointed. Tore it apart to see how it worked,

#62 5 years ago

First Person view of one of the first games played. Pumped up the speed a bit and not connected Spotify yet in this movie!
    Love the game!! Grrrreat sound via Bluetooth )) and fun!

I will do an expended review later. Thought to share this first. Job well done from the designers!!!
    Thanks

#64 5 years ago
    Quoted from twitami:

I want a bar height version. Korea is getting one so maybe we will to.

Could probably build some type of riser that this unit can seat into and play stand up also.

#65 5 years ago

The drawings I've seen for the coin-op version show a standing-height table. It's coming soon. Price point will be higher.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

The drawings I've seen for the coin-op version show a standing-height table. It's coming soon. Price point will be higher.

I paid for for the coin op in my Kickstarter pledge, I guess we`ll have to see how it works out
    Can`t wait for this thing!!!

1 week later
    #67 5 years ago

Anyone have any video of the attract mode they would share?

#68 5 years ago

Patiently awaiting the coin op version

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Anyone have any video of the attract mode they would share?

No problem. As soon as I get mine. It's on the boat.

1 week later
    #70 5 years ago

What did you do to dial it in?

Thanks!

BobC

Quoted from erak:

It's great! Super fun, and the Bluetooth ability is a great feature.
    There are 4 different background music themes. And 4 different SFX packages you can mix and match. and adjust individual volumes.
    and YES! there is an attract mode you can set up. Were it does lights and sounds and will play itself. all user configurable.
    it also has a clock, alarm clock of you want. bluetooth support. and 6 usb ports.
    Basically I dialed it in so it plays great. Much better than the videos and the ones I played at shows. That seem to have had a bit of control lag.
    A very good manual with troubleshooting tips. Parts breakdown and wiring diagrams. In the 33 page operations manual. Everything you would expect to get.
    And it seems built really well. Very solid.
    I'm on the honeymoon phase obviously, but I'm happy with the purchase.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from BobC:

What did you do to dial it in?
    Thanks!
    BobC

Opened it up to see how the maintaince is. Tightened the belts a bit.
    Changed game speed in settings.

3 weeks later
    #72 5 years ago

These are now in stock. Order and ship same day!

Our promo video is in final editing. Will post soon.

#73 5 years ago

We're picking ours up tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it set up!

#74 5 years ago

Well, this is a bit of a bummer. Out of the box, it looks like this.

IMG_6236 (resized).jpgIMG_6236 (resized).jpg

Additionally, no manuals, no power cable. No hint how to open it, and no obvious latches or anything to push up the glass.

We'll see how BBO handles this. (I ordered before Norcal got signed up as a distributor).

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

[quoted image]
    Additionally, no manuals, no power cable. No hint how to open it, and no obvious latches or anything to push up the glass.
    We'll see how BBO handles this. (I ordered before Norcal got signed up as a distributor).

Wow, good luck man. Been waiting for my KS for 1.5 years. Hope it comes ready to go with proper package.

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

[quoted image]

PM sent. We’ll make it right.

#77 5 years ago

Thanks Bryce. I appreciate the nudge, even if this wasn't your problem to solve .

Got the call just now, just a bit over an hour since they've opened up. We apparently got the wrong box (the demo box). They're gonna get back to me on how to make the logistics work, but it sounds like BBO is on it. Shit happens, it's how it's handled when it happens. And so far, BBO's stepping up to the plate to take care of things.

#78 5 years ago

Much better. BBO came out, brought the brute squad, loaded/unloaded, and this is looking like the glorious piece of art it should be, and they did it in <4 hours from when they opened after I filed the ticket.

IMG_1057 (resized).jpegIMG_1057 (resized).jpeg
    #79 5 years ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Wow, good luck man. Been waiting for my KS for 1.5 years. Hope it comes ready to go with proper package.

Same.

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Much better. BBO came out, brought the brute squad, loaded/unloaded, and this is looking like the glorious piece of art it should be, and they did it in &lt;4 hours from when they opened after I filed the ticket.
    [quoted image]

#81 5 years ago

Always good to add some variety to the game room. Possible Christmas gift for the whole family. With units on hand we can now do same day shipping if payment is received early enough in the day. I'm at $3499 shipped. Credit card is ok.

1 week later
    #82 5 years ago

Finally got mine dragged upstairs and set up. It works! Had to dial the sound back a bit.

Has anyone figured out the Bluetooth part? I don’t see in the manual how to enable pairing.

#83 5 years ago

Just look for the game' Bluetooth signal on your phone and select it. Pretty sure it's as simple as that.

1 month later
    #84 5 years ago

Here's a short promo film we did recently from my game room. Good times had by all! Not too late to get one in time for Christmas. We have units ready for immediate shipment.

#85 5 years ago

I bought one of these with the matching stools and the family is loving it. Everyone that comes over is amazed. Great conversation piece and a really fun game for all skill levels. Love the attract mode.

#86 5 years ago

Happy to demo ours in Tracy CA.

#87 5 years ago

To the guys that have these already, is the pace fast enough? The videos I’ve seen look a little slow for my taste but perhaps it’s fine in person when you have to react. Can you speed it up at all or could you guys share more video of gameplay?

Thanks

#88 5 years ago
    Quoted from jalkelly:

To the guys that have these already, is the pace fast enough? The videos I’ve seen look a little slow for my taste but perhaps it’s fine in person when you have to react. Can you speed it up at all or could you guys share more video of gameplay?
    Thanks

The speed is adjustable. 5 settings I believe.

#89 5 years ago

You would think for $3500 you would get both of those stools included! I actually liked it when I played it at Allentown.

2 weeks later
    #90 5 years ago

Anyone know the prices for the cocktail version and table height version?

#91 5 years ago
    Quoted from twitami:

Anyone know the prices for the cocktail version and table height version?

Yes. Just found out. Won't be announced until later this month, but I will PM you.

1 week later
    #92 5 years ago

Great news! UNIS debuted the new commercial versions of Pong at CES last week and I am now able to post pricing and begin taking orders! Here's some press coverage from the event. Sounds like they were a big hit.

https://thenextweb.com/gaming/2019/01/10/this-crowdfunded-pong-table-might-be-the-coolest-thing-at-ces/

https://www.cnet.com/news/this-modern-pong-table-at-ces-2019-is-better-than-it-has-any-right-to-be/

UNIS really stepped it up with the light show on these commercial versions. Sure to garner lots of attention. And without the need for stools on each side, these larger commercial versions should take up less overall floor space than the Coffee Table version w/stools.

ARCADE VERSION:

$4299 + shipping

Considered standing height at 32" tall. A bit short for me, but I'm 6'5". Should be fine for most. Location ready w/coin mechs & ticket dispenser. Maybe my favorite version.

pgnyhTpg (resized).jpegpgnyhTpg (resized).jpeg

P6Ho1j8X (resized).jpegP6Ho1j8X (resized).jpeg

JtFl9bkW (resized).jpegJtFl9bkW (resized).jpeg

COCKTAIL VERSION:

$4499 + shipping

Ideal for bars & barcades. Adjustable height and built in cup holders. Full glass top. Location ready with coin mechs and DBA slot. DBA maybe included, but still need to confirm. No ticket dispenser. USB ports for phone charging.

Atari-Pong-COCKTAIL-version-1024x683 (resized).jpgAtari-Pong-COCKTAIL-version-1024x683 (resized).jpg

VVysI4jD (resized).pngVVysI4jD (resized).png

#93 5 years ago

Something I'd like to add regarding the pricing. This product has MAP pricing, so there's no need to price shop! We cannot undercut each other. So, order from whomever you'd like.

Coffee Table version is still $2999 + shipping

I can't speak for everyone, but I am not collecting sales tax yet for out-of-state buyers. I am also happy to accept credit card payments at no additional charge.

I have the Coffee Table version in stock and ready to ship. ETA for availability on the commercial versions is March. I am currently taking reservations on those with a refundable deposit.

PM me with any questions or to initiate your order.

1 week later
    #94 5 years ago

Found some good game play video with all 3 versions, courtesy of Arcade Heroes. Which is your favorite version?

#95 5 years ago

Any other Kickstarter backers get an email about the first batch of US games around Jan 6th? I got one that said to be expecting an invoice or update shortly and then nothing since, including when I emailed them about it a week later.

Here's hoping this doesn't turn into a Heighway-esque scenario where they decide to just sell the games at retail for as long as possible instead of shipping to backers...

#96 5 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Any other Kickstarter backers get an email about the first batch of US games around Jan 6th? I got one that said to be expecting an invoice or update shortly and then nothing since, including when I emailed them about it a week later.
    Here's hoping this doesn't turn into a Heighway-esque scenario where they decide to just sell the games at retail for as long as possible instead of shipping to backers...

Yep...really hoping this comes through.

#97 5 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

When you backed the project during the Kickstarter did you get the coin-op version or home version?

#98 5 years ago
    Quoted from 1iblind:

When you backed the project during the Kickstarter did you get the coin-op version or home version?

Home version. Originally down for the plain black but told them awhile ago that I would accept the classic logo to speed things up.

Coincidentally, it looks like i may have received the invoice late last night.

#99 5 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Home version. Originally down for the plain black but told them awhile ago that I would accept the classic logo to speed things up.
    Coincidentally, it looks like i may have received the invoice late last night.

Sweet! Hopefully you get yours soon. I got the coin-op version and it seems like they will be shipping last.

1 week later
    #100 5 years ago

Dealing with a shipping distributor on Canada this week, hopefully they have it on a truck and to me by end of next week??
    Only 22 Kickstarter and pre-orders sent to Canada.

There are 117 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-real-life-atari-pong-game-now-for-sale-1/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.