New real-life Atari Pong game - now shipping!

(Topic ID: 223971)

New real-life Atari Pong game - now shipping!

By NorCalRealtor

84 days ago

Topic Stats

• 83 posts
  • 36 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 days ago by NorCalRealtor
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Where will it go? ”

• My significant other might actually allow this in the Living Room 4 votes
      25%
    • The Game Room, naturally 10 votes
      63%
    • Hide it at friend's house for now 2 votes
      13%

(16 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 17 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_1057 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_6236 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_211054098 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_211038435_LL (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_210352347_LL (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_210053822_LL (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_210040444_LL (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180830_210017502_LL (resized).jpg
    15356601911732925684276380696842 (resized).jpg
    15356601422682222725034150127971 (resized).jpg
    20180729_173909 (resized).jpg
    20180729_173924 (resized).jpg
    20180729_173918 (resized).jpg
    pixels-dom-DC_0100_comp_v022128_1079_rgb-560x238 (resized).jpg
    E7AC2578-FB27-4FC3-9827-4F6B195A77BD.gif
    Pong flyer.pdf (PDF preview)

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 79 days ago
    Quoted from erak:

Just picked one up today! Gotta get some friends to help move it in the house.
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Excellent! I, too, am eager to get some owner feedback/owner reviews. You could be the first.

#52 79 days ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

Excellent! I, too, am eager to get some owner feedback/owner reviews. You could be the first.

It's great! Super fun, and the Bluetooth ability is a great feature.

There are 4 different background music themes. And 4 different SFX packages you can mix and match. and adjust individual volumes.

and YES! there is an attract mode you can set up. Were it does lights and sounds and will play itself. all user configurable.

it also has a clock, alarm clock of you want. bluetooth support. and 6 usb ports.

Basically I dialed it in so it plays great. Much better than the videos and the ones I played at shows. That seem to have had a bit of control lag.

A very good manual with troubleshooting tips. Parts breakdown and wiring diagrams. In the 33 page operations manual. Everything you would expect to get.

And it seems built really well. Very solid.
    I'm on the honeymoon phase obviously, but I'm happy with the purchase.
    IMG_20180830_210017502_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210040444_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210053822_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_210352347_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_211038435_LL (resized).jpgIMG_20180830_211054098 (resized).jpg

#53 79 days ago

Thanks! Great review, looking very! forward to it!! Wil be a great addition for the whole family I believe
    Cheers, Peter

#54 78 days ago

Yes, thanks for the review.

Also, I would greatly appreciate it if someone could upload an attract mode video.

#55 78 days ago

Got an update on spare parts.

"The units will ship with a spare fuse and a suction cup for removing the glass."

So, not much included as far as spare parts, but parts can be ordered through your distributor.

#56 78 days ago

I haven't looked at one up close, but the belting and stuff all appears pretty standard and easy to source.

#57 78 days ago

I want a bar height version. Korea is getting one so maybe we will to.

#58 78 days ago

Had my friend over today with his 8 year old.
    Then had a blast playing it. And now they want one.

#59 73 days ago

New MAP pricing going into effect w/shipping costs built in. $3499 shipped.

Bottom line is pretty much the same, but no more need for individual shipping quotes. Same price now whomever you call.

And the unfortunately the $100 Pinside discount is going away. Today is the last day for that.

#60 72 days ago

Cool video from the inventors shows the making of the first working prototype

#61 72 days ago

Had one of these, Very disappointed. Tore it apart to see how it worked,

#62 72 days ago

First Person view of one of the first games played. Pumped up the speed a bit and not connected Spotify yet in this movie!
    Love the game!! Grrrreat sound via Bluetooth )) and fun!

I will do an expended review later. Thought to share this first. Job well done from the designers!!!
    Thanks

#64 72 days ago
    Quoted from twitami:

I want a bar height version. Korea is getting one so maybe we will to.

Could probably build some type of riser that this unit can seat into and play stand up also.

#65 72 days ago

The drawings I've seen for the coin-op version show a standing-height table. It's coming soon. Price point will be higher.

#66 72 days ago
    Quoted from NorCalRealtor:

The drawings I've seen for the coin-op version show a standing-height table. It's coming soon. Price point will be higher.

I paid for for the coin op in my Kickstarter pledge, I guess we`ll have to see how it works out
    Can`t wait for this thing!!!

1 week later
    #67 64 days ago

Anyone have any video of the attract mode they would share?

#68 64 days ago

Patiently awaiting the coin op version

#69 63 days ago
    Quoted from alveolus:

Anyone have any video of the attract mode they would share?

No problem. As soon as I get mine. It's on the boat.

1 week later
    #70 53 days ago

What did you do to dial it in?

Thanks!

BobC

Quoted from erak:

It's great! Super fun, and the Bluetooth ability is a great feature.
    There are 4 different background music themes. And 4 different SFX packages you can mix and match. and adjust individual volumes.
    and YES! there is an attract mode you can set up. Were it does lights and sounds and will play itself. all user configurable.
    it also has a clock, alarm clock of you want. bluetooth support. and 6 usb ports.
    Basically I dialed it in so it plays great. Much better than the videos and the ones I played at shows. That seem to have had a bit of control lag.
    A very good manual with troubleshooting tips. Parts breakdown and wiring diagrams. In the 33 page operations manual. Everything you would expect to get.
    And it seems built really well. Very solid.
    I'm on the honeymoon phase obviously, but I'm happy with the purchase.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#71 52 days ago
    Quoted from BobC:

What did you do to dial it in?
    Thanks!
    BobC

Opened it up to see how the maintaince is. Tightened the belts a bit.
    Changed game speed in settings.

3 weeks later
    #72 25 days ago

These are now in stock. Order and ship same day!

Our promo video is in final editing. Will post soon.

#73 25 days ago

We're picking ours up tomorrow. Looking forward to getting it set up!

#74 24 days ago

Well, this is a bit of a bummer. Out of the box, it looks like this.

IMG_6236 (resized).jpg

Additionally, no manuals, no power cable. No hint how to open it, and no obvious latches or anything to push up the glass.

We'll see how BBO handles this. (I ordered before Norcal got signed up as a distributor).

#75 24 days ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

[quoted image]
    Additionally, no manuals, no power cable. No hint how to open it, and no obvious latches or anything to push up the glass.
    We'll see how BBO handles this. (I ordered before Norcal got signed up as a distributor).

Wow, good luck man. Been waiting for my KS for 1.5 years. Hope it comes ready to go with proper package.

#76 24 days ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

[quoted image]

PM sent. We’ll make it right.

#77 23 days ago

Thanks Bryce. I appreciate the nudge, even if this wasn't your problem to solve .

Got the call just now, just a bit over an hour since they've opened up. We apparently got the wrong box (the demo box). They're gonna get back to me on how to make the logistics work, but it sounds like BBO is on it. Shit happens, it's how it's handled when it happens. And so far, BBO's stepping up to the plate to take care of things.

#78 23 days ago

Much better. BBO came out, brought the brute squad, loaded/unloaded, and this is looking like the glorious piece of art it should be, and they did it in <4 hours from when they opened after I filed the ticket.

IMG_1057 (resized).jpeg
    #79 23 days ago
    Quoted from northerndude:

Wow, good luck man. Been waiting for my KS for 1.5 years. Hope it comes ready to go with proper package.

Same.

#80 23 days ago
    Quoted from jfesler:

Much better. BBO came out, brought the brute squad, loaded/unloaded, and this is looking like the glorious piece of art it should be, and they did it in &lt;4 hours from when they opened after I filed the ticket.
    [quoted image]

#81 21 days ago

Always good to add some variety to the game room. Possible Christmas gift for the whole family. With units on hand we can now do same day shipping if payment is received early enough in the day. I'm at $3499 shipped. Credit card is ok.

1 week later
    #82 9 days ago

Finally got mine dragged upstairs and set up. It works! Had to dial the sound back a bit.

Has anyone figured out the Bluetooth part? I don’t see in the manual how to enable pairing.

#83 9 days ago

Just look for the game' Bluetooth signal on your phone and select it. Pretty sure it's as simple as that.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 59.00
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 35.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 109.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    $ 8,699.00
    $ 49.00
    $ 13.00
    $ 78.00
    $ 9.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 89.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Pappy's Pinball Palace
    $ 29.99
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 24.75
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 189.99
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Metalhead Pinball
    $ 217.00
    There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside