C223870F-2525-45E7-AB73-FFFE985A72A5 (resized).jpeg
3139B771-6E41-4ECE-8A55-F46BB83CF77D (resized).jpeg
C5595BCE-C315-4855-BB5D-2531A6EF12F3 (resized).jpeg
1F1D3AAC-1687-44E2-BB7D-DDAE0BD37018 (resized).jpeg
DSCN2536 (resized).JPG
F8CD71BA-4093-4D7C-85CB-4E23CD022E7F (resized).jpeg
A47F6779-652E-4C53-A669-E4E0B03A0B95 (resized).jpeg
A43705F3-6A7A-42FC-BEAD-0FA2F512F3E8 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UrethraFranklin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#135 4 years ago

Any idea on when the Party Zone's will be ready?

1 week later
#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I could really use some Party Zone Ramps. Is there an ETA?

I've been waiting 2 years. I love my Party Zone, but I don't know if I would have done it again knowing how hard it is to find parts for it. I don't understand why if there were just as many made as Dr. Dude that nobody makes repro parts.

#163 4 years ago

I work with props and replicas and the other day my friend dyed a XWing Helmet visor with RIT dye, he had to dip it several times and then dip it in cool water but the results were fantastic. I am wondering if you can do that with these. I put all purple Titans on my Party Zone, I am curious what red or purple ramps would look like on there.

2 months later
#210 4 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Any chance you can change your mind?
I'm interested in new DH ramps too. And there are 7 year old posts from others in need of DH ramps.

I've been patiently waiting 2-3 years now on the Party Zone ramps. Wish I knew more about Vacuum forming. The other day a friend vacuum formed the visors from an XWing helmet and I watched him dye them orange I am curious what a red or purple set of ramps for Party Zone would look like.

#220 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Number one is do I have the tool? I can make tools but if I already have the Williams tool it allows me to sell the ramp for much less. Do I have access to the game? Can I make the attachments for the ramp if the parts are riveted? How much is the game worth? What will the ramp cost the consumer? How many of the games were made? Is Marc planning to make the ramp? Lowest on the list is how many people have requested the ramp. This isn't everything.

I'd imagine making the master for the mold is a pain in the ass when you don't have the original tooling. Sizing stuff for 3d printing isn't just "make it and go" so I'd imagine the trial and error process for vacuum forming takes just as much time.

1 month later
#248 4 years ago

Does this mean that we'll get Party Zone soon?

3 weeks later
#344 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

So, I have 2 options here with Party Zone. Option 1, use the original tool from Williams and produce the ramps just like the original but thicker. Or option 2, redesign the entire ramp from scratch and make changes to try and hold the ball better. This will be quite expensive since there is no ramp to copy and there is no guarantee the changes will work. This could easily add $50 to $100 to the cost of the ramp and there are simple fixes for the problem without changing the ramp.
Hopefully, you agree that option 1 is the best choice.

I say option 1. But if you go option 2 I have no choice. I can dye it myself, but what can we try as far as purple or red clear? Curious. Just excited to get some.

3 months later
#374 3 years ago

I am so excited for Party Zone. I have been waiting 3 years for new ramps. Still hoping for clear purple or red or something

#383 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

The ramps on PZ are a work of art. Mine are in very good condition. I would still buy a spare set though.

I check ebay often and in 3 years only one crappy set have shown up. I love this game but it does NOT get the love that other games get. Parts are impossible to find.

6 months later
#450 3 years ago

So I installed these. The back ramp is a pain in the butt, especially when you have gorilla hands. But they look amazing, play amazing. Great Job! After 3 years my ramps are 100%.

#453 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

The left ramp is a pain in the ass. I found the best way to do it is lift the playfield slightly to get a good angle through the opening where the wires go from the playfield to the back box.

That's what I did. And my hands are giant and awkward and they barely fit into those two slots in the back. Even lowering the backbox to get back there. But that has nothing to do with the quality of the ramps I hope other people have an easier time. But I only lost a couple of screws in the process from dropping them. I can't speak highly enough about how great they are. So far I haven't had any issues of ball jumps on the right ramp when it pops out. I hope it's because the ramps are thicker and don't allow as much bounce. Sometimes the ball would bounce off about 75% down the ramp, but there were no breaks or anything.

Because I have gorilla hands it's easy to break things, I was worried while bending the left ramp up to get the bracing post on there, but there was no cracking of plastic or anything. Luckily I had the little black screw tabs in the back. I know it's not your responsibility but I don't know if you can even get new ones and send them with the new ramps.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider UrethraFranklin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ramps-by-starship-fantasy?tu=UrethraFranklin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.