C223870F-2525-45E7-AB73-FFFE985A72A5 (resized).jpeg
3139B771-6E41-4ECE-8A55-F46BB83CF77D (resized).jpeg
C5595BCE-C315-4855-BB5D-2531A6EF12F3 (resized).jpeg
1F1D3AAC-1687-44E2-BB7D-DDAE0BD37018 (resized).jpeg
DSCN2536 (resized).JPG
F8CD71BA-4093-4D7C-85CB-4E23CD022E7F (resized).jpeg
A47F6779-652E-4C53-A669-E4E0B03A0B95 (resized).jpeg
A43705F3-6A7A-42FC-BEAD-0FA2F512F3E8 (resized).jpeg

There are 725 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from Tronn1982:

He wrote on his update post that the ramps would go on sale this Sunday not today.

Missed the "Sunday" part in Larry's post! Thanks for pointing that out.

Perhaps the Ontario folks that are interested could do a group buy and save on shipping...

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I'm going to change the order and do Party Zone next but soon could be several months.

Yes! PZ is getting the love it deserves from part makers. Color dmd and new ramps. What’s next!

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from dzorbas:

Missed the "Sunday" part in Larry's post! Thanks for pointing that out.
Perhaps the Ontario folks that are interested could do a group buy and save on shipping...

Shipping is such a killer to Canada, I'm lucky to live within 30 mins of the border so I use a service called Kinek and I have everything shipped there and I scoot across and grab it. I save tons on shipping and import fees as well. I know Pickering is a jont from the Niagara crossing but it might be worth it depending on price.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I'm going to run 100 black and 30 clear. You will have time before my distributors to order them. It is a long-drawn-out process for the first run(takes months). Second runs are easy and take days or a week or 2 at the most. Everyone who wants one will get one. No worries.

Why not just make them in translucent blue rather than clear since that's what people want? It would save people the hassle of trying to make a clear ramp blue.

#255 4 years ago

Because I would have to buy 5000 lbs of PETG from Europe. Given that it's enough for 10 or 20 generations, I would have to charge a fortune for the ramp.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Because I would have to buy 5000 lbs of PETG from Europe. Given that it's enough for 10 or 20 generations, I would have to charge a fortune for the ramp.

That makes sense, thanks for clarifying that. I guess that would be why @Freeplay40 is dying some of his.

#257 4 years ago

Yep and I'd rather not get into the dye business at least not now.

#258 4 years ago

Larry, are you planning on attending Allentown if it doesn't get cancelled? If you are, is there any chance that SS ramps will be ready by then and available for pickup there? I would happily pay for it in advance and grab it from you at the show.

#259 4 years ago

Scared Stiff Just kidding, I know you mean Space Shuttle and yes they will be ready and I will have some. Just come early.

#260 4 years ago

I'd be interested in Party Zone ramps

#261 4 years ago

Order placed and email sent! My stock ramp actually is fine, but that clear.... Yeah I need that!

#262 4 years ago

I'd guess blue bulbs under the clear ramp (is there even any bulbs under the ramp?)
Would love to see pics of the clear installed when some of you guys receive them.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

I'd guess blue bulbs under the clear ramp (is there even any bulbs under the ramp?)
Would love to see pics of the clear installed when some of you guys receive them.

Here's a pic of the underside of the ramp. Lots of options, lots of space to work with Plus printed Plastics will probably really pop when backlit.

20200211_131646 (resized).jpg20200211_131646 (resized).jpg
#264 4 years ago

Thanks for posting that.

#265 4 years ago

Just ordered my ramp for Space Shuttle....thanks!

#266 4 years ago

Ordered! Wooo hooo

#267 4 years ago

Who’s gonna be the first one to post with a clear ramp?! Waiting patiently for mine

#268 4 years ago

Sadly, not I. I need to fix the GI on my WCS after I finish this High Speed hardtop.. THEN I can get to SS. I just didn't want to miss the opportunity to grab the clear ramp! Can't wait to see someone post one up.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Thanks for posting that.

I hope you have several more clear ramps! I'm sending the king of space shuttles your way!

#270 4 years ago

Behold - The long awaited Space Shuttle Ramp in its packaging splendor!
So beautiful. I've been so patient on this project. Hope I don't stay up
all night and have to call in sick tomorrow installing.

5EDA339C-F32E-4E5F-8689-107AD639AB9D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg5EDA339C-F32E-4E5F-8689-107AD639AB9D_1_105_c (resized).jpeg
#271 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

all night and have to call in sick tomorrow installing.[quoted image]

I hope it's clear!

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

all night and have to call in sick tomorrow installing.[quoted image]

It's been an hour! Is it installed yet?

Chris

#273 4 years ago

Yessssssss

received_739630756443446 (resized).jpegreceived_739630756443446 (resized).jpeg
#274 4 years ago

Lucky! I want mine

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

It's been an hour! Is it installed yet?
Chris

No not yet - I've closed my workshop at wifes direction to focus on family time.

#276 4 years ago

Were the doctor who mushroom push buttons injection molded? Do you have access to that mold?

#277 4 years ago

No, Sorry.

#278 4 years ago

Party Zone... coming soon?

#280 4 years ago

Should I have gotten an email with a shipping notice? I've never ordered directly from starship before so I'm not sure how it works?

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from jcar302:

Would it be possible/reasonable to use a blue wrap?

Something like this maybe?
https://www.rvinyl.com/Blue-Smoke-Tint-Film.html

I wasn't sure how well dying works, so just tossing out an idea for something that is removable.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

I wasn't sure how well dying works, so just tossing out an idea for something that is removable.

Would be interesting to see if this would work. Installation of the vinyl would be a PIA I think compared to dying or dipping? Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

#283 4 years ago

Tronn1982. What name did you order with so I can find it?
I've never tried vinyl. If it works, let us all know. I think the only problem would be how translucent it is.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

It is wrapping vinyl, so it will conform a lot better than normal decal vinyl. Should be pretty straight forward.

#285 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Tronn1982. What name did you order with so I can find it?
I've never tried vinyl. If it works, let us all know. I think the only problem would be how translucent it is.

Shawn Gagne

Thanks!

#286 4 years ago

Hurray!!!

2DF43AED-F88E-4CBD-ABF1-2123E2CF5D15 (resized).jpeg2DF43AED-F88E-4CBD-ABF1-2123E2CF5D15 (resized).jpeg
#287 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Hurray!!![quoted image]

Just the sight of that gives me pinball wood!

#288 4 years ago

Shawn. I do not have a record of receiving your order. I see your payment in my Paypal account and have no idea why it was not transmitted to me. I'm sorry for the mix-up. It will go out today or tomorrow. We're still a little behind.

#289 4 years ago

Is it possible to just get a set of the flaps and rivets for that shuttle ramp? Clear ramp is in my future but for now my ratty black will have to do but could sure use a set of those flaps.

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from ruralcollector:

Hurray!!![quoted image]

So pretty. Now go install it so we can all see! Lol

#291 4 years ago

Send me a check for $12 and I'll send you the flaps.

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

So pretty. Now go install it so we can all see! Lol

Hey you got one too. Now put aside that F-14 and high speed and get on that shuttle ramp!LOL

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Send me a check for $12 and I'll send you the flaps.

Thanks! PM sent

#294 4 years ago

Starship Fantasy
6607 W Vista Bonita DR
Glendale, AZ 85310

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Starship Fantasy
6607 W Vista Bonita DR
Glendale, AZ 85310

Thanks! I'm going to go find a stamp.

#296 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

Hey you got one too. Now put aside that F-14 and high speed and get on that shuttle ramp!LOL

F-14 is quiet (still a couple of small annoying things to address eventually)! This high speed though.... Got me big mad.

I don't wanna take SS apart with so many problems on my other machines lol.. It's the only one with no issues really! I finally just powered World Cup Soccer off because the GI is getting worse. Ugh

#297 4 years ago

F-14 is quiet! This high speed though.... Got me big mad.
I don't wanna take SS apart with so many problems on my other machines lol.. It's the only one with no issues really! I finally just powered World Cup Soccer off because the GI is getting worse. Ugh

I get it, I was just yanking your chain. Shame about the WCS that's a fun game.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from Apinjunkie:

I get it, I was just yanking your chain. Shame about the WCS that's a fun game.

I do really want to install my new ramp though. How much effort is it to swap out? If it's not a TON of crap to disassemble and can be done inside the cab, I could probably force myself to do it this weekend.

No idea WTH is going on with WCS. It's a repinned connector with a repinned header. Stupid.

#299 4 years ago

I do really want to install my new ramp though. How much effort is it to swap out? If it's not a TON of crap to disassemble and can be done inside the cab, I could probably force myself to do it this weekend.
No idea WTH is going on with WCS. It's a repinned connector with a repinned header. Stupid.it's not too bad, the main thing is remember to unplug the connectors for the shuttle switch and lamp return Lane switch you don't have to unscrew those, but the plugs might be hiding under the playfield. I can send you some pics later if you have any questions

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Shawn. I do not have a record of receiving your order. I see your payment in my Paypal account and have no idea why it was not transmitted to me. I'm sorry for the mix-up. It will go out today or tomorrow. We're still a little behind.

No worries, thank you for looking into it for me I dunno maybe the fact that I have a Canadian billing address and put in a US shipping address for my friend to pick it up gummed up the works

Thanks again, looking forward to adding this to my fresh restore

There are 725 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ramps-by-starship-fantasy/page/6?hl=ksuwildcatfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.