C223870F-2525-45E7-AB73-FFFE985A72A5 (resized).jpeg
3139B771-6E41-4ECE-8A55-F46BB83CF77D (resized).jpeg
C5595BCE-C315-4855-BB5D-2531A6EF12F3 (resized).jpeg
1F1D3AAC-1687-44E2-BB7D-DDAE0BD37018 (resized).jpeg
DSCN2536 (resized).JPG
F8CD71BA-4093-4D7C-85CB-4E23CD022E7F (resized).jpeg
A47F6779-652E-4C53-A669-E4E0B03A0B95 (resized).jpeg
A43705F3-6A7A-42FC-BEAD-0FA2F512F3E8 (resized).jpeg

There are 725 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.
#101 4 years ago

Party Zone Ramps would be nice. Since they just colorized it and CPR came out with a mirrored back glass games just need new ramps to be fully decked out!

#102 4 years ago
Quoted from Langless28:

Party Zone Ramps would be nice. Since they just colorized it and CPR came out with a mirrored back glass games just need new ramps to be fully decked out!

I'm with you in that same philosophy.
Hurricane apron swoop ramp since several have expressed interest and it just got ColorDMD treatment.

#103 4 years ago

Speaking of Hurricane big ramp Larry...
Are you the Dome Topper maker for Hurricane?
I'd like a new Dome and they seem hard to find.
Thanks

#104 4 years ago

Nope. Sorry.

#105 4 years ago

Any plans of making Indianapolis 500 ramps? I guess no one ever did those.

#106 4 years ago

Thanks Larry. Helps to just know.

#107 4 years ago

Larry, can you tell me the type of plastic the original Whirlwind topper is made of?

Quoted from lrosent345:

The following parts are available at starship-fantasy.com. Terminator 2 hunter ship (unpainted) and Whirlwind toppers. The whirlwind toppers take 2 people more than 20 minutes to put together. I chose to release them now rather than next week. I do not have enough already made up to fill all orders. Therefore, it may take as long as a week to fill your order for the topper. I wanted to at least let everyone know I have them.
Thanks to everyone who supported me thru the health issues I was facing. I am glad to report that everything has turned out perfectly and I am back to my normal crazy.

#108 4 years ago

I always thought it was high impact polystyrene but not 100% sure.

#109 4 years ago
Quoted from OlDirty:

Any plans of making Indianapolis 500 ramps? I guess no one ever did those.

+1 serpentine ramp !!

#110 4 years ago

Sorry. Chances are pretty close to zero.

#111 4 years ago

How about Space Shuttle,been out of stock for a while.I'm in for 2.

#112 4 years ago

Great, thank you Larry!

Quoted from lrosent345:

I always thought it was high impact polystyrene but not 100% sure.

#113 4 years ago

Space Suttle is a problem. It will be a while.

#114 4 years ago

Is the problem with the space shuttle ramp due to thickness and the need to router the playfield to get it to fit? I know FreePlay40/Mark is planning to do a SS ramp, but he has other priorities. Unfortunate because there seems to be a pent-up demand...I’d take a thicker one.

#115 4 years ago

I have a client to restore once Space Shuttle hits, starship is my first stop but if freeplay has it I'm game. Pore dude has SS stored for a year and keeps checking in with me if ramps are ready.

#116 4 years ago
Quoted from Crans:

I have a client to restore once Space Shuttle hits, starship is my first stop but if freeplay has it I'm game. Pore dude has SS stored for a year and keeps checking in with me if ramps are ready.

You've got another year ahead of you

#117 4 years ago

Here is the problem with space shuttle. The thickness of the ramp is more than the game can tolerate and rises above the playfield. This was the reason for adding the flaps but it still doesn't work unless we heat the entrance to the ramp, bend it down and then sand the bottom so it fits flush to the playfield. Then each ramp needs to be test fitted to make sure it will fit properly. The amount of time it takes to make one of these ramps is cost-prohibitive. The solution is to modify the tool or build a new one. I won't be doing either until the end of the year. I know many people are waiting but there are so many games, Mark and I will never be able to do them all. If Mark can get to it first, I'm fine with that but eventually, I will have to run them for my distributors.

#118 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Here is the problem with space shuttle. The thickness of the ramp is more than the game can tolerate and rises above the playfield. This was the reason for adding the flaps but it still doesn't work unless we heat the entrance to the ramp, bend it down and then sand the bottom so it fits flush to the playfield. Then each ramp needs to be test fitted to make sure it will fit properly. The amount of time it takes to make one of these ramps is cost-prohibitive. The solution is to modify the tool or build a new one. I won't be doing either until the end of the year. I know many people are waiting but there are so many games, Mark and I will never be able to do them all. If Mark can get to it first, I'm fine with that but eventually, I will have to run them for my distributors.

Given that it involves substantially more labor, I would just kick up the price to account for that. I for one am willing to pay. Alternatively, sell the cheap imperfect version and let us do the work ourselves to heat and bend with a buyer beware type warning. I‘m willing to gamble I can make it work somehow. It’s better than a bunch of games in animated suspension unable to be repaired because the ramp is in pieces (as is my case). But yeah I get it that you want to do it right. It just might be a more practical solution than fielding all these endless requests.

#119 4 years ago

Do you still make the elvira and the party monsters Ramps I will need some here in a week

#120 4 years ago
Quoted from radfordian3505:

Do you still make the elvira and the party monsters Ramps I will need some here in a week

just looked...they are available.

https://starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Elvira-the-Party-Monsters-Set-of-3

#121 4 years ago

I wanted to order ramps and boulders for my White Water and the shipping is coming up as $80.00. Is the shipping calculator not working or is this what you charge for shipping? Thanks

#122 4 years ago
Quoted from Jenniebear:

I wanted to order ramps and boulders for my White Water and the shipping is coming up as $80.00. Is the shipping calculator not working or is this what you charge for shipping? Thanks

Those ramps are Hella big.

#123 4 years ago

Agreed with Pookycade - consider selling the thicker space shuttle ramp as is with a strong disclaimer regarding fitment and the need for additional modifications. I think there are a bunch of us who could...and would gladly tackle the extra work to get these machines back in action.

#124 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Those ramps are Hella big.

The ramps I wanted are the smaller ones, Suicide & Lower Ramp. They would fit with the mountains in a large flat rate box.

#125 4 years ago

The website adds shipping as if they were shipped separately. You always get a refund for the excess.

#126 4 years ago

I probably didn't really need a new ferris wheel ramp. But it sure looks nice with the other 2. Thanks Larry!

20191015_163929 (resized).jpg20191015_163929 (resized).jpg
#127 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

The website adds shipping as if they were shipped separately. You always get a refund for the excess.

Might want to fix your site as PayPals new agreement bangs a refund just like a purchase.

1 week later
#128 4 years ago

Ever think of making the lower Hurricane ramp?

#129 4 years ago

Paypal's new refund policy is for shit and they know it. I am seriously thinking of switching to Square. It is impossible to set up a system for accurate shipping. There are millions of possible combinations and you can't go by weight because ramps ship by volume.

#130 4 years ago

Wwater boulders from Starship installed. Photos of game off and on. Very translucent.

IMG_20191024_221024 (resized).jpgIMG_20191024_221024 (resized).jpgIMG_20191024_221041 (resized).jpgIMG_20191024_221041 (resized).jpg
#131 4 years ago

Yes they are and that's why we used more paint.

#132 4 years ago

Do you ever plan on making the lower Hurricane ramps?

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from snextime:

sure would be nice if somebody would

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from snextime:

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

sure would be nice if somebody would

Did you see that mold?
Probably takes a fork lift to move it.
Id take one to.

2 weeks later
#135 4 years ago

Any idea on when the Party Zone's will be ready?

#136 4 years ago

Is the rumor true you’ll be doing Jokerz? If so, I’m in!

#137 4 years ago

I do have the tools but won't be running them any time soon.

#138 4 years ago

I have trimmed one off ramps for High Speed and Comet shroud. Those should be tested fitted as soon as I have a game to try it. I also have two pulled Space Shuttle ramps that have not been trimmed yet because I do not have a sample to write the CNC file. Marco spec has a NOS ramp and I'm hoping to get them to let me borrow it. I plan on running the Space Shuttle ramp in black ABS and clear PETG. If you would be interested in a clear ramp, let me know now because that is not going to be a stock item.

#139 4 years ago

Do you mean Hurricane shroud? If so that's awesome!

#140 4 years ago

Nope. I meant the Comet shroud on the upper right of the playfield.

#141 4 years ago

Dirty Harry upper ramp would be nice

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Nope. I meant the Comet shroud on the upper right of the playfield.

Ahh, I see, the cycle jump thing. Oh well, still hoping for the huge Hurricane ramp someday. Thanks, for all the ones you've done. Love my Cyclone ramps!

#143 4 years ago

Mark or I will make the Hurricane ramp. He will probably get to it before I do.

#144 4 years ago

I could really use some Party Zone Ramps. Is there an ETA?

#145 4 years ago

months

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I could really use some Party Zone Ramps. Is there an ETA?

I've been waiting 2 years. I love my Party Zone, but I don't know if I would have done it again knowing how hard it is to find parts for it. I don't understand why if there were just as many made as Dr. Dude that nobody makes repro parts.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from UrethraFranklin:

I've been waiting 2 years. I love my Party Zone, but I don't know if I would have done it again knowing how hard it is to find parts for it. I don't understand why if there were just as many made as Dr. Dude that nobody makes repro parts.

Party Zone was kind of a sleeper but it is a good game. The more popular games get addressed first. There are several different people / groups doing ramps these days but only a couple that have a rig big enough to do large ramps like Party Zone has. I’m glad they are being made and will be a buyer for sure.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I also have two pulled Space Shuttle ramps that have not been trimmed yet because I do not have a sample to write the CNC file. Marco spec has a NOS ramp and I'm hoping to get them to let me borrow it. I plan on running the Space Shuttle ramp in black ABS and clear PETG. If you would be interested in a clear ramp, let me know now because that is not going to be a stock item.

How much of a difference in price will clear be? And how far out are these before they go live on the website?

There are an awful lot of people waiting on these...

Thanks!

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

I also have two pulled Space Shuttle ramps that have not been trimmed yet because I do not have a sample to write the CNC file. Marco spec has a NOS ramp and I'm hoping to get them to let me borrow it. I plan on running the Space Shuttle ramp in black ABS and clear PETG. If you would be interested in a clear ramp, let me know now because that is not going to be a stock item.

Not sure how clear will look. But interested.

There are 725 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-ramps-by-starship-fantasy/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.