(Topic ID: 4762)

New Project has arrived!!

By way2wyrd

12 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DSCF1145.jpg
    DSCF1139.jpg
    DSCF1135.jpg
    DSCF1130.jpg
    DSCF1129.jpg
    #1 12 years ago

So I got a decent deal on a EM Williams Jubilee $100. Its gonna be fun to repair and ill get to practice my air brush skills.

When I picked it up the guy told me he hadnt done anything to it and that the previous owner said it worked and had been in his house since he was a kid. Also the missing fuse kept blowing and thats probably all it was. Uh huh......

Of course it didnt work when i replaced the fuse

See if you can tell from my pics what one of the problems might be!!

DSCF1129.jpgDSCF1129.jpg DSCF1130.jpgDSCF1130.jpg DSCF1135.jpgDSCF1135.jpg DSCF1139.jpgDSCF1139.jpg DSCF1145.jpgDSCF1145.jpg

#2 12 years ago

What is all that blue stuff, for a 1000$ Alex. *daily double*

Cool looking game, I bet it's a lot of fun to hit those captive balls.

#3 12 years ago

100 Bucks. Now thats a deal. Have fun with the restoration.

#4 12 years ago

nice score for a fin
    cant figure why they went nuts with the blue stuff?

#5 12 years ago

It looks like spray paint (with some running and overspray), definately something aerosol.
    Doesn't look to be something that poured or dripped like rust or corrosion.
    The cabinet has a smilar blue, but doesn't appear to have been sprayed from outside....

Waiting for the answer.....

I'm not an EM guy, but the visible reels from the backglass are all single digits, the reel with the blue stuff is a double digit and not visible from the outside - what is that reel for?

If that reel represents credits, it might be a lock-tite spray that someone used to try to keep credits - LOL

#6 12 years ago

The double unit is the credit wheel.

The Blue unit is the player unit. Someone repainted the head it looks like and there some of the same blue on the playfield and front of the cab. Its def spray paint.

I can almost scratch it off so it should be easy to remove.

I think i can sand the bakelite and board and remove most of the paint from the player unit.

A number of teh coild are sticky (wd40 probably ). Ill have to replace a fair number of sleeves.

#8 12 years ago

I own over 100 EM's. How can I help?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-project-has-arrived and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.