Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 71 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by hool10
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20130502_213211[1].jpg
    20130502_213124[1].jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

Pin-Butts....What are your pins sitting on?

Polyurethane Pin-Butts protect your hard flooring (wood, ceramic, vinyl, marble, etc) from scratches and prevent your machines from sliding during spirited play. Pin-Butts will not mark flooring (black rubber casters WILL leave skid marks) and are available in 7 colors. Made in U.S.A.
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2962

DSC_0021.jpgDSC_0021.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Genius, surprised no one had thought of this sooner. Although I have to say, the price leaves a bit to be desired, but I guess the same can be said for most pinball stuff.

#3 10 years ago

They are only 12 bucks? 3 bucks each. That's hardly expensive. How much does a scratched hardwood floor cost to replace?

#4 10 years ago

I like them, and like that they would match the cab protectors that I have. Unfortunately right now I'm too busy moving mine around and have them on sliders, but if I ever get "done" and they get permanent spots then these would be a great option. Good luck on your sales.

#5 10 years ago

I so thought this was going to be a cigarette ad....

Nice product! Funny, I have my pins on hardwood and I need the feet with the felt on the bottom to let me move them which is the opposite of these, but these look like an awesome "why didn't someone think of them before" product!

#6 10 years ago

Great product. You should seriously consider rebranding under a different name though IMO.

Pin Shoes?
    Pin Socks?
    Pin Grips?

Either way best of luck!

Kevin

#7 10 years ago

I think it's a good catchy name.

#8 10 years ago

they look nice and if I had my pins on tile/hardwood, I'd look to get some of these.

Nice innovation.

#9 10 years ago

Almost worth putting them on to color match the leg protectors and then put them on felt sliders to be able to move machines around.

#10 10 years ago

Wait...these butts leave skidmarks? Sorry I had to.

#11 10 years ago

That would be my name pick for the product.

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from Patofnaud:

Almost worth putting them on to color match the leg protectors and then put them on felt sliders to be able to move machines around.

ditto on that!

#13 10 years ago

I use the rubber ones on my hardwoods floors with little squares of carpet cut underneath and flipped soft side down. Games slide around nice and easy to work on but are solid enough to nudge properly.

#14 10 years ago

Pin-Pucks or Pin-Peds might be a more attractive name.

#15 10 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I so thought this was going to be a cigarette ad....

I thought for sure it was going to be an ashtray version of the Pingulp...lol.

#16 10 years ago

Pin-Butt-Plugs? Oh wait,,,, errr nvm.

#17 10 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I thought for sure it was going to be an ashtray version of the Pingulp...lol.

As did I. In the mid-80's nearly every video game in my local arcades had those screwed to the side of the cabinet.

#18 10 years ago

These things are awesome. I pitched all the rubber footies and replaced them with PinButts. Also since they are urethane they are not as squishy as rubber ones making the game feel more planted.

#19 10 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

These things are awesome. I pitched all the rubber footies and replaced them with PinButts. Also since they are urethane they are not as squishy as rubber ones making the game feel more planted.

That's exactly what I was hoping for. I use the rubber ones on my location games and the only downside to them is the bounce that they add to the games. I'll have to try these out!

Too bad there is no bulk discount, though. It would be cool to knock the price down a couple bucks if I were to buy, say, 15 sets.

#20 10 years ago

OP- is there a way to stick sliders onto the bottom of these somehow? I've got 2 pins in a corner and have to pull them out to work on them so can't have them stationary, but really like the colors.

#21 10 years ago

OP- is there a way to stick sliders onto the bottom of these somehow? I've got 2 pins in a corner and have to pull them out to work on them so can't have them stationary, but really like the colors.

These are really cool!! I like the colors! I purchased magic sliders from target for around 7 bucks for 4 that have the sliders on them. They work great. I put them on all my machines.If they had slider ones I'd probably pick some up also.

20130502_213124[1].jpg20130502_213124[1].jpg 20130502_213211[1].jpg20130502_213211[1].jpg

#22 10 years ago

I use the felt bottom ones on my wood floor specifically because I *want* them to slide a easily so I can pull them out to work on them e.t.c.

However since obviously I'm a nudger this poses a bit of problem where sometimes they can be "too slippery"... Gotta find that happy medium

#23 10 years ago
    Quoted from flashburn:

Genius, surprised no one had thought of this sooner. Although I have to say, the price leaves a bit to be desired, but I guess the same can be said for most pinball stuff.

Actually they have been out a long time! I have bought many from pinball Life, they were just black
    http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=564

I like the new colorful ones! Nice way to accessorize!

#24 10 years ago
    Quoted from DrJoe:

Pin-Butts....What are your pins sitting on?
    Pin-Butts will not mark flooring (black rubber casters WILL leave skid marks)

YES!!! My wood floors have permanent marks because of the rubber ones.

#25 10 years ago

I think it's funny that you think this is a protected name and put the (TM) in the subject line.

Hope this product is a good one, I bought a set (black) to try on my wood floors.

Bill

#26 10 years ago

I would have called them something along the line of pin sneakers, pin kicks.

#27 10 years ago
    Quoted from BillP:

I think it's funny that you think this is a protected name and put the (TM) in the subject line.
    Hope this product is a good one, I bought a set (black) to try on my wood floors.
    Bill

Thanks for trying a set....I think you'll like them. Actually, I did trademark the name Pin-Butts for this application.

#28 10 years ago

shouldnt it be

Pin-Butts(R) Preventing Skid-Marks since 2013 (TM)

#29 10 years ago

That's a catchy name.

#30 10 years ago

The name is quirky, agreed, but I like it. The name is not on the product itself anywhere.

Butt (noun)..the end or extremity of anything, especially the thicker, larger, or blunt end considered as a bottom, base, or support. Then the whole pun thing with sitting on your "butt".

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from Spudgunman:

shouldnt it be
    Pin-Butts(R) Preventing Skid-Marks since 2013 (TM)

No, it's not a 'registered' trademark with the (R).

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

YES!!! My wood floors have permanent marks because of the rubber ones.

Yeah, these an non-marking on all surfaces.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from exflexer:

Thank you! I'm glad you like these. The feel of the game was very important to me. A few different iterations were made before I locked into this design/formula.

#34 10 years ago

its like Pinside Shark Tank!

what are your numbers for this month?
    how much are you looking for ..I will take 15% of profits for my ideas.. which include making some spotted. why dont you have spotted ones.

#35 10 years ago

Or scented ones. You should have scented pin-butts to improve gamesroom smells.

#36 10 years ago
    Quoted from cdnpinballer:

Or scented ones. You should have scented pin-butts to improve gamesroom smells.

dude you cant give ideas without asking for a percent of the sales!

BTW great job making a product and congrats. all ball busting aside.

#37 10 years ago

I bet you'd sell more if you stocked them in the same colors as the leg protectors, people would want to match them.

Edit: Sorry, forgot to get my cut. I WANT 50% OF ALL SALES IN NEW COLORS.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from Kevin_LHeureux:

Great product. You should seriously consider rebranding under a different name though IMO.
    Pin Shoes?
    Pin Socks?
    Pin Grips?
    Either way best of luck!
    Kevin

Pinfeet?

#39 10 years ago

Made in U.S.A.

#40 10 years ago

Nice product. Matching colors (with cab protectors) would be perfect. They look close already. Are they the same colors? The light blue would be perfect on my TAF w/ light blue cab protectors. Good luck with this!

Mike.

#41 10 years ago

I need them in gold.

#42 10 years ago

For an alternate name how about "Pin-Toes."

#43 10 years ago

Will these provide a little slide on concrete? I prefer having a little bit of slide ability without them being too slick. Can anyone clarify how these will act on concrete? Do they stay firm like the wood ones or do they have more of an ability to slide a bit?

#45 10 years ago
    Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

Will these provide a little slide on concrete? I prefer having a little bit of slide ability without them being too slick. Can anyone clarify how these will act on concrete? Do they stay firm like the wood ones or do they have more of an ability to slide a bit?

They are a bit "grippy" by design but will slide a bit, whether on concrete, tile, or any other hard surface. No one will call them "too slick".

#47 10 years ago

Pin-Butts are an official sponsor of the 4th annual Pittsburgh Pinball Open: http://www.coinball.com/ppo/

We will have samples on hand as well as machines set up on them so you can test the feel of the butts.

#48 10 years ago

With my marketing degree and dirty mind, I would have so much fun with the marketing of this product.

#49 10 years ago

Looks like a great product! I just ordered a set of dark blue ones for my LOTR. I think I'll get a set of white ones when my WOZ ECLE arrives.

#50 10 years ago

We had a league night where all the machines were setup on PinButts. The floors consisted of wood, tile, and rug. Those games were planted all night and no marks on the floor afterwards. Great product.

And who cares what they are called. It's what they do that matters.

There are 71 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-pin-butts-tm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.