Laser War (2) (resized).JPG
50322370566_d6e031acac[1] (resized).jpg
50321587923_3c8e818f14[1] (resized).jpg
50322270036_2b9dcbf546[1] (resized).jpg
50322333521_15f796e678[1] (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
5J5A4646 (resized).JPG
5J5A4645 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

I am pleased to announce the immediate availability of a set of products that has been in the works for the last several months.

Namely; Translucent Skirts and Bases intended to match the PopBumper bodies we've been importing from Pinball.Center for years. These color matched skirts are now available in Pinball-Mods.com exclusive colors:

• Orange Translucent
  • Yellow Translucent
  • Blue Translucent
  • Green Translucent
  • Purple Translucent
  • Teal Translucent
  • Blue Glow-In-The-Dark (new 2024 color)
    in addition to the existing colors of:

• Clear Transparent
  • Red Translucent

These should fit most 6-hole Pop Bumper assemblies and are 100% compatible with each other, the popbumper bodies, and most solid-state Bally, Gottlieb, Stern games as well as all modern games being produced today.
Lolly Pop Bumper SkirtsLolly Pop Bumper Skirts

Additionally; we have made Bases available in all the above colors.
Lolly Pop Bumper BasesLolly Pop Bumper Bases

I do have immediate availability of all colors for immediate shipment.

While checking these out; be sure to try our Pop Bumper Configurator - which should make ordering assemblies of these parts easy and quick.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I hope everyone would click your link to see a killer website!

Just look at this page and click a color!

Thanks Art. Spent about 7-8 days on that Configurator webpage to get it to that state.

I'll be ordering Popcaps during my next "group buy" from Pinball.Center... at that point; everything will be in stock. Except maybe Purple Mylar. Not sure if there is a lot of interest there.

#8 3 years ago

Looking good so far. Now get to work on that PF repop. so we can see them all lit up!
What's up with the white pop bumpers on Fathom? Are those a different design than modern pop bumpers?
Are they Bally Early solid state?
Ah; maybe they are something even weirder/more rare given the odd cap arrangement. Just not familiar with that game. May have played it; but never owned one.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

You would be targeting a very small market to reproduce these though so I will be happy with the white bodies on those games.

Yeah; unfortunately, the life time supply of those is probably 500 - in total - and I mean lifetime. No real way to offset the cost of the mold.

Quoted from classicgamefan:

but I’m curious if that’s a SolidWorks Composer rendering? I used it at my last job and loved the hand-drawn look

Nope. I "borrowed" it from the patent linked in the figure caption.

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

I wonder if you could offer an off white/cream/ivory version of them. Pop bodies, skirts, flipper bats and button housings, etc

Sadly; I do not own the mold for the WMS/Modern Pop bodies... so I couldn't do that. Skirts and bases; would be possible. But I'm concerned there really isn't a market for those. Base costs to run a color requires a minimum order of 1000 (once you have the mold built). I doubt there is a market for 1000 of these in off white. I'd be happy to be wrong tho. If others feel differently; scream loudly.

I do own the mold for the Early solid state buttons and housings; but, again - 1000 minimum order and there has be nearly zero interest in colors not in these translucent varieties.

I'm not saying no; just "not right now".

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from TractorDoc:

Early Ballys like Fathom, Medusa, Eight Ball Deluxe, etc. used a bumper body with clips to hang those larger pop caps on.

If you have a trashed one you can send me... please contact me via PM.
I'm thinking those look close enough that maybe a clip/spacer could be designed to "refit" a modern body into one of the clip varieties. Something that could be 3D printed at shapeways; but not too expensive and enough to fulfill the mechanical needs of bridging the gap.

Quoted from Calfdemon:

Thanks for making these!

Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

These translucent ones look great, btw.

Quoted from classicgamefan:

Back on topic: very cool products, I’ll definitely be picking some up!

Tell your friends! Seriously.
I'm hoping these sell better than the modern pop bodies... I have my eyes on doing a mold for some other parts; but I'm not willing to spend the cash on the hypothetical of a product which isn't selling. I can't say publicly what I was thinking because I don't want to give competition any ideas.

1 month later
#15 3 years ago

Today; I received the final batch of parts to complete stock.
Available for immediate shipment:

Translucent colors with PointsTranslucent colors with Points
I know these points were used in early Gottlieb EMs... but may have use in some game where the ball hangs on the lower pop bumper... Like Stern #star_trek . Point are only available on the translucent / clear products.

Gold & ChromeGold & Chrome
Opaque Chrome and Gold are also available; but do not have the Point option. I think most people have been using Chrome on games like Terminator 2: Judgment Day and Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines while Gold is being used on games like The Addams Family .

Finally; I have secured stock of Modern PopCaps in all colors:
Red, Orange, Amber, Yellow, Clear, Blue, Light Blue, Purple, Teal, Green along with a small number of Gold and Chrome Metallic options.
Modern Pop CapsModern Pop Caps
All of these are imports from Germany (Pinball.Center); so volume discounts are not available. The main intent of the stock of these is the enable wide spread availability of all colors and enable complete stock of our Pop Bumper configurator. Most vendors here in North America only cover a small subset of these colors.

Finally; I did the full Treatment for my original Monster Bash:
Monster_Bash - OrangeMonster_Bash - Orange
I used the our Pop Bumper configurator to select all Orange; which means:
Orange Pop Caps
Orange translucent Pop Bodies
Orange Skirt
Orange Bases
Configured with Gold Glitter Thingy in each pop.

The LED rings from Comet Pinball in WarmWhite #555. Truth be told; these rings are overwhelming bright... I'm working on a dimmer solution so that I can dim all the pops to the same brightness.

2 months later
#17 3 years ago

In honor of Small business saturday... and Cyber monday; these Skirts and bases are 15% off.
Additionally; if you use the PopBumper Configurator... the popcaps and many colors of bases are on sale as well.

1 year later
#19 2 years ago

These lollypop skits and bases are available at the Titan Pinball booth at tpf2022

PXL_20220325_202319180 (resized).jpgPXL_20220325_202319180 (resized).jpg
1 year later
#20 3 months ago

New for 2024; I have stock of a color I've always wanted:

Glow In The Dark - Blue

I have a full stack of Early solid state pop bumper bodies, sun cap, skirt, and base all in GITD-Blue.

The new color is available with immediate stock at:
http://pinball-mods.com/url/ClrSkirt

Skirt - 9 colorsSkirt - 9 colors

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lollypop-popbumper-skirts-amp-bases?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.