UFO_2_(resized).jpg
JD_5_(resized).jpg
JD_4_(resized).jpg
JD_3_(resized).jpg
JD2_(resized).jpg
JD_1_(resized).jpg
MEAN_FISH_2_(resized).jpg
MEAN_FISH_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Then sign me up for a set of CC ones.

The CC drop targets are different, physically, than the rest of the ones listed. They're held up by a pulse pattern on the coil and not a latch with a release. Not to say that they couldn't be done, the design would just have to be altered a bit.

I'd love to see them done for CC. Not sure I'd love to pay $200 for a full set of 4 for the game, but it'd be an awesome add on for those that would.

#89 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That looks like a tricky one...
Without having an assembly, for testing, I doubt I'll be making this drop target.
Sorry

I don't think it's as tricky as it seems. The only really crucial change is the pockets under the little flanges on the front. The target lifter uses those and holds the target up with a pulsed coil. The hit to the target knocks it off the lifter so it can fall, and the coil goes off when the switch at the bottom is triggered. CC wouldn't even really need the light socket, as there's a light essentially pointed right at them with the arrow in front of the target. You could throw a 2 head flex in there for more direct light, but it wouldn't need a new socket.

All the fluting at the top part, and the bit of a bump out behind the pockets, is just for strength I think. With the machined polycarbonate, I think you could just make the whole top part solid.

The pockets under the flanges are about 0.3in across, just under 0.4in tall, and about 0.1in deep (I don't have anything real accurate within reach of my desk). The whole head rectangle could just be 1/4 thick solid. Whether or not the bump outs are necessary for strength in the poly - I don't know.

I guess another minor caveat would be that the faces would have to be polished/smoothed enough somehow that the decals could be applied and stick well. Trying to carve out face renditions in the targets would suck.

But I would LOVE to see these made.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

There's 2 downsides in doing this project...
#1, the cost of material. When you have to purchase polycarbonate that's thicker that 1/2 inch, the price literally sky-rockets. For instance, The material needed for these William's targets is 1/10th the cost of a similar project that requires 3/4 inch material.
#2, (the biggest drawback) This drop target would be a game-specific project. To my knowledge, CC is the only game that uses this target. The "target audience" would only be those people who own this specific game.

The whole target isn't more than 1/2 inch thick. Not sure why that came up. Front to back it's no different than the other drops, because they all have the little tab that sticks out to hit the switch. The bumped back part doesn't stick out more than that.

As for #2, remember that anybody who buys for CC would buy FOUR of them, and you don't have to include wiring/lighting

What if I draw up the part and pay for the material?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider epthegeek.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-lit-roll-over-drop-target?tu=epthegeek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.