Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by indypinhead
  • Topic is favorited by 11 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_0903_(resized).JPG
DSC_2943_(resized).JPG
WIZARD_OF_OZ_5B_(resized).jpg
WIZARD_OF_OZ_4B_(resized).jpg
WIZARD_OF_OZ_3B_(resized).jpg
WIZARD_OF_OZ_2B_(resized).jpg
WIZARD_OF_OZ_1B_(resized).jpg
DSC_2960_(resized).JPG
DSC_2961_(resized).JPG
DSC_2965_(resized).JPG
DSC_2966_(resized).JPG
DSC_2972_(resized).JPG

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

#1 3 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Price

$ 55 (Firm)

Price is firm

for sale

NEW PRODUCT, lit drop target for WOZ

Added: June 21st, 2016 Re-listed: 2 times (September 20th, 2016) Ended: November 22nd, 2019
Condition: New

Item description

I've had a LOT of request to sell a lit drop target for WOZ. The drop target is cnc machines out of clear polycarbonate.

The price is $55/shipped, continental US

Comes in a choice of RED or GREEN LED

Taking orders now.

Sorry about the poor quality of pictures. It's hard to keep the camera steady using no flash and having a slow shutter speed.

PM me if you're interested.

Item photos

DSC_2972_(resized).JPG
DSC_2966_(resized).JPG
DSC_2965_(resized).JPG
DSC_2961_(resized).JPG
DSC_2960_(resized).JPG

Photos not showing? Make sure your ad blocker plugin is not hiding them.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Listing result

The seller marked this ad as "not sold". The item did not sell through Pinside so there's no listing result.

Item location

Indianapolis, IN, US

Seller insights

These are indypinhead's all time market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to indypinhead's stats page

#2 3 years ago

The drop target face has no decal. I machine various artwork into the face of the drop target. Once installed, the machined artwork lights up pretty good. Here are a some screen captures of the various artwork available for the WOZ drop target...

WIZARD_OF_OZ_1B_(resized).jpg

WIZARD_OF_OZ_2B_(resized).jpg

WIZARD_OF_OZ_3B_(resized).jpg

WIZARD_OF_OZ_4B_(resized).jpg

WIZARD_OF_OZ_5B_(resized).jpg

#3 3 years ago

Nice job. These look great!

#4 3 years ago

Thank you !!!

It really looks nice installed. I wish I can capture the looks w/ my digital SLR

#5 3 years ago

Forgot to mention...In this kit, I'm using a standard 555 socket. Bulb replacement is easy.

Here's a pic of the kit.

DSC_2943_(resized).JPG

#6 3 years ago

The first picture (red) is definitely the sharpest in focus. Looks really cool. How do you think the material will hold up with use? (I know nothing about the subtleties of different plastics.)

#7 3 years ago

This looks really nice. I want one!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from mrbillishere:

The first picture (red) is definitely the sharpest in focus. Looks really cool. How do you think the material will hold up with use? (I know nothing about the subtleties of different plastics.)

I've had these polycarbonate drop targets on my pins for months...have never had a problem.

#9 3 years ago

Can you price just the target?

#11 3 years ago

My T2 target turned out great. I ended up using a coin taker double flex light and pointing them up into the target. turned out really nice I think.

IMG_0903_(resized).JPG

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Thank you !!!
It really looks nice installed. I wish I can capture the looks w/ my digital SLR

amazon.com link »

#13 3 years ago

I just received my Indy Winkie and it's great! This is what the Winkie should have been. It's a thicker, harder plastic and no scanning lines like done with a 3d printer. I highly recommend this product even if what you have hasn't broken (yet). Thanks Tim!

#14 3 years ago

Thank you!!!

I wonder if I ought to patent that name...Indy Winkie.....LOL

Glad you like my drop target.

I have a batch ready to ship, if anyone is interested.

#15 3 years ago

Did you and Tim Mezel trade off on making this now. I thought he was doing this too

#16 3 years ago
Quoted from nitrojcrawf:

Did you and Tim Mezel trade off on making this now. I thought he was doing this too

No, there was no trade off.

I just decided to start making these out of polycarbonate knowing that it is a much stronger material. As far as I know, Mezelmods still makes these.

Mine's just slightly different, that's all.

#17 3 years ago

Thanks for clarifying that. When mine breaks I will try yours. Happy with my wizard cover.

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

No, there was no trade off.
I just decided to start making these out of polycarbonate knowing that it is a much stronger material. As far as I know, Mezelmods still makes these.
Mine's just slightly different, that's all.

The more folks making the mods, the better. There is room for all.

#19 3 years ago

The picture doesn't show it but the Indy Winkie is much tougher. I've broken 2 Mezel's. I've never had any trouble with any other Mezel product though so don't be Mezel shy except in this one case.

#20 3 years ago

Mezel makes great stuff...have some of it on my pins, and planning to buy more.

My manufacturing methods, 3-D cnc machining, can't compete w/ the simplicity/speed of 3-D printing. In this particular application, I felt that polycarbonate would be the right way to go. It's somewhat soft, in comparison to other plastics, but it's a pretty durable material. That's why they make bullet proof glass from it. The manufacturing process is somewhat time consuming, but it's worth it, once you see the end product. I've got them installed on several of my pins and seem to be holding up great.

Hoping to show my Metallica version soon.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Forgot to mention...In this kit, I'm using a standard 555 socket. Bulb replacement is easy.
Here's a pic of the kit.

looks great.

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Marketplace Ad Listing this topic was linked to has ended.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside