4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,640 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 839 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEB3BE9B-D8F0-4FA8-885B-E1AF4F79C1B4 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_164340 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191857 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191908 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20190606_140851 (resized).jpg
    20190812_112800 (resized).jpg
    D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#70 4 years ago

Are the translucent ones similar to the ones sold by pinball center?

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/120-premium-rubber-set-transparent-p-6445.html?language=english

I would buy kits like that^^

I actually ordered 4 kits from them aboput 2 months ago but they seem to be lost in transit/customs so it would be nice to actually get a similar product stateside.

#158 4 years ago

looking forward to how these hold up, esp compared to the German translucent ones which do great on location and stay clean better than regulars.

If these new Titans stay clean and hold up then I am in for some big bulk orders.

#182 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

I didn't know if the IFPA had approved them or something. I know at some point they had approved or designed one of the newer flipper rubbers.
    I wasn't a huge fan of superbands but will give these a try.

IFPA does not have a hold on the discriptor of competition for a product and we all know how that worked out the last time they endorsed a product as being appropriate for standard use, as by large many people really dislike the non-rubber replacement and how it changes originally designe play.

I think it is a pretty smart move to dub these competition rings, esp if they more closely react like original/real rubber but last longer and clean up/ stay clean better.

I am really looking forward to hearing how these hold up over time.

#187 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Actually I thought the Saturn Rings played really well, better than Super Bands. The #1 stiffness felt much more like rubber.
    Problem is they had reliability issues and people kinda dropped interest in them after all the snapping.

Yes, Saturn felt better than supers. Both felt quite differnet from standard stuff.

Saturns snapped quickly. Supers last and stay super clean/ clean up easy, but really change the game feel. So far my favorites are the German transluecents for fell and durability.

By the sounds and looks, these new competitive rubbers may be a nice US based alternative.

I will hold off for now since I just bought 4 big bulk boxes from Germany, but very nice to have another option.

#198 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Probably not this time
    But, that does raise a good question.
    If I were to try another color in the near future, what should it be?

GitD

#201 4 years ago

I sent an inquiry to my manufacturer to see if this is even an option. I would not be surprised if they were a good bit more expensive (if possible).

People will pay for quality and if they look good.

#225 4 years ago

Will you please offer a BULK ring option.

Something like this?

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/120-premium-rubber-set-transparent-p-6445.html?language=english

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=486

I like the pinballcenter one better but something similar to either option would be nice. Please dont waste money on fancy packaging. Heck a gallon ziploc would be fine IMO.

I will place an order when this is available. thanks

#234 4 years ago

Awesome and thanks!

I ordered a kit to try them out. As a heads up the promo code, TITAN10, was not working for me.

I tried multiple times with no luck of it registering.

#237 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I used the promo code successfully yesterday. Are you entering the code and clicking "update cart?" It should show a discount value at the bottom.

Yup. I tried the update cart. I exited completely out and redid the order. i could not get it to work at all.

#240 4 years ago

The TITAN10 code works for individual rings and any sample pack. It doesn't apply to the bulk kit due to the 30% already discounted.
    However, I should have made that clear from the beginning, so I will be retro discounting any bulk kits purchased over the last day or so.

WOW, great service!

thanks!

#299 4 years ago

my bulk kit arrived.

I like the rubbers very much. I mainly got translucent as that is what I use form the German supplier and wanted to compare. The TITANs do not turn white when stretched (sometimes I like that and other times I don't; depends on application) and wanted to note that for those whom care (again I do not see this as a pro or con, just different).

I like the feel of the flipper rubbers greatly and it will be interesting to see how they hold up.

The feel in hand is very similar to the German translucent stuff and that is a plus. The color selection is top notch.

Mini flipper rubber and standard but GTB flipper rubber width are the most needed IMHO.

I can say already that I am not a fan of the post sleeves and will stick with Cliffy for those. Mainly the post sleeves are not as dense as I desire and have more bounce. Some may like that, but I prefer cliffy stiffness.

1 month later
    #451 4 years ago

Just wanted to say I am REALLY enjoying this product!

I am also VERY happy to see Rob will be carrying them. I am a big fan of these and most importantly the better price!

thanks for making these and providing a great playing and fun color options.

I am really looking forward to GitD, but not sure what I am going to put it on. I would have put it on Predator, but well... dammit

#454 4 years ago

good call on starting with translucent. They go well with everything and are my go to rubber.

Glad you are trying them out and hope it works out for both you and titan. I have a feeling it will be a good marriage

#457 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I hate rubbers... after only 2 months this happens on both slings on Baywatch.

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

are these the titan silicone?

#459 4 years ago

may want to edit that post to clarify "regular rubbers" since this is the titan silicone rubber thread

#466 4 years ago

rubbers are what I put on any game. In my mind, I now use silicone rubbers. I know that is not technically correct, but that is how I think of it.

I supposed silicone rings works also.

#476 4 years ago

superbands play like crap but last forever.

Titans play GREAT but need more time to determine lastability. At this point they are holding up well from what i can see. If they have good lastability, then superbands are dead.

3 weeks later
    #522 4 years ago

Can we get a photo of the GITD (both charged in dark and in normal light)?

#532 4 years ago

Those look great!

Please let me know when a bulk pack is available.
    I am not sure what game I will put them on so a bulk variety pack is preferred. Then I am prepared for the right game when it comes along.

#568 4 years ago

We can certainly offer a mega-super-huge kit if people are ok with an appropriate price.
    Any and all suggestions are welcome if we seem to have a gap in the offerings.

Mega super bulk is what I would like.

I think the best way to do this is look at an assortment of 20 games rubber lists. Determine the average count of each rubber type/size for a single game and then scale up and be sure the super bulk also includes a few of the 1 offs.

This would allow me to order "stock" parts which is what I do for things like rubbers and LEDs. I buy lots at once to save on shipping and know I will have what I need when I need it, wether it is for shopping a whole game or a one off that breaks.

#576 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Just saying, why don't you do that for him, and then you can get what you want? And he can offer it to anyone else.

I assume he has multiple ring lists on hand and in electronic format?

I would be happy to compile a bulk list but am not going to put the effort into making if from looking through all my manuals.

#601 4 years ago

Titan and Comet teaming up is GREAT news!

Excited to see what will happen and let me know when I can order a bulk kit of GitD.

#604 4 years ago

try the translucent o TZ

#607 4 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I can share that a UV reactive Flipper Bat with UV lights inside and contrasting GITD Rubbers, would be Insane....

that was my first thought. Lighted flipper bat and use UV bulbs in it. Maybe the lighted starposts mod also?

1 week later
    #655 4 years ago

GitD looks great!

Looking forward to when bulks are available with it.

#678 4 years ago

I would go fatter post?

Is that the correct factory post? I find those are always a problem with all rubbers especially when doing a 180 tight turn

3 weeks later
    #784 4 years ago

pink where there is mainly green. green where mainly pink.

3 weeks later
    #822 4 years ago

Just placed another order. I could not figure out how to put in the discount code? Does that no longer apply?

1 month later
    #987 4 years ago
    Quoted from DadofTwins:

What has been everyone's experience so far?

They dont do any dirting themself as they dont shed like black rubbers. They also stay clean for a long time and wipe up to clean with a slightly damp rag.

#991 4 years ago

I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

cool idea, IF it works. Would need some sort of compression to help absorb hit force and not bend standup brackets. Not sure how silicone pads would play?

#993 4 years ago

What is the correct flipper rubber size on your website for Gottlieb Flippers? Looking to place and order for my Cue Ball Wizard and the drop down is not clear to me.

I assume flipper 3/8 ?

3 weeks later
    #1042 4 years ago

any chance Titan will be at expo?

I would love to pick up more bulk translucent and save on shipping

#1051 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

Never happened with black rubber.

they have a similar durometer as RED rubber, not black...

It says right on the website, "All sizes and colors of Competition Rings are engineered to provide the classic feel of red flipper rubber (Shore A45)"

#1052 4 years ago

dup

#1055 4 years ago

I don't get ANY greater or lessor amount of air balls wit titan post sleeves. I have found all the Titan products to play almost identical to white rubber on my whole game.

If anything i get less with cliffys as they are more dense than black. I prefer cliffy post sleeves for this reason.

#1057 4 years ago

black rubber sucks anyway!

Man up and go white. then upgrade and go color.

"Play Better!!!!!"

#1060 4 years ago
    Quoted from PoMC:

There are white rubber post sleeves and 1/2 bumpers?

sleeves = no
    all other rubbers = yes

If you could figure out how to tune in your game, you would not get air balls.

thread is 7 months old and you are the first to have this feedback... Fix your game physics and you wont get air balls....

I have titan rubbers on 7? maybe 8 games now with NO issue. Buck up chimpmunk. learn to play better

#1063 4 years ago

sorry, I was ribbing and a little buzzed last night. tried to denote that with smiley.

I have no affiliation with Titan, just like the product.
    Bummed that you are getting air balls from post bumpers. What game in particular is this on? It seems to be largely feedback isolated to you/your game. IME when I get airballs on any game, more often than not it starts at the flipper and I find that a flipper rubber is either slightly too high or too low on the bat itself. Have you checked to see if the titan 1/2" post sleeves sit in the identical up/down position where you are using them? Sitting even a 1/16"inch lower can quickly cause lots of air balls.

Aside from that I would be surprised if the durometer/bounce is much different on titans from the black rubber fatties. You could do a simple test of making a board with side by side post sleeves and do a drop test to see the rebound height of a ball changes much w the sleeves. Small differences could also be coming in if the sleeves are not fitting as tight and changing the physics.

Maybe email directly with Titan and see if they have any thoughts or tests on this.

1 month later
    #1222 3 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I like "tasteful" you know? I still prefer warm white LEDs or incandescents in my GI, and my LEDs are all mini's...I don't go for color overkill.

go translucent! It is very tasteful and they do a great job of adding to the warm white glow.

#1229 3 years ago

all silicone titans wipe up very easy with a little spit on a rag.

Quoted from NJGecko:

Interesting. Haven't seen too many of them lit up.

look just above that post of the tron with translucents lit up. They take on the color of the bulbs you have around them and help diffuse the light. VERY neat property and help spread the light source. I am a big fan and they look really sharp on games.

That said, full color can look nice also, but it seems many people get a bit carried away with thiking color wash it great (similar to how some do LEDs). I vote either go for a color that disappears and blends with background or go with a color that pops and accentuates the game. To me translucents are the best of both options. They dont stick out and detract from the natural beauty of a game but also provide just a hint of flare.

#1237 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I thought my full color looked good. I probably wouldn't go multiple colors on too many games but I thought they matched the plastics really well.
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/24#post-2787484

I personally would have gone a single style, much like I paint all the trim in my house one color. Just personal preference and all that matters is you like it.

I think translucent woudl look really sharp on that game. If I was going to try a color I would have gone with Yellow throughout.

#1243 3 years ago

I am not sure but dont think the Titan bands wear out... Lots of posters in this thread that have games with 1000s of play on route for the past year and no real need to replace.

I am not looking for special when putting on rings. I am looking for: good bounce/feel, not distracting to the eye, and hold up for the long haul. I also like the translucents since they diffuse light well and I think they just look cool.

I did just do IM in red and it looks pretty sweet!

#1247 3 years ago

looks good wally!

#1248 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

Got any pics? I'd like to see that.

sorry, just saw this and the game is already out on route now. I can try to snag a few pics when I go out later this week.

1 week later
    #1255 3 years ago
    Quoted from akm:

Has anyone had any issues with Titan sling rubbers snapping? One I bought for my TSPP about two months ago just snapped, and there's one on my IM right now that looks like it's about to go.

do you have the correct size on?

if you have a slightly too small ring they can snap. Aside from that I have found that silicone rings (Titan and others) will very rarely snap after a short time. I am guessing due to an imperfection in a mold? I used to get silicone rubbers from the German supplier before Titan can about and they have their name printed in the mold which caused rings to have weak spots. Titan are much better quality with VERY few issues. Regular rubbers break more than Titans IME.

1 week later
    #1269 3 years ago

I would like to see some Titan skinny post rubbers. For example the ones that can be found in some Stern games. TWD comes to mind. IM has a few also.

#1276 3 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like to see some Titan skinny post rubbers. For example the ones that can be found in some Stern games. TWD comes to mind. IM has a few also.

Titan >> just wanted to make sure you saw this request

thanks

#1277 3 years ago

When are silicone translucent bulk kits going to be back available?

I need to place an order and woudl like to plan a few shop outs...

1 month later
    #1358 3 years ago

I have had a few slings on location breaking after a short amount of time. It seems to be worse on some games where players post pass alot. The weak break point always seems to be at the sharpest point of a turn/ around a post.

#1360 3 years ago

rarely do I get an issue anywhere but slings and I think even with slings it is within acceptable limits. Rings are a replaceable part that I expect to break at some point.

Slings are also quick and easy to change out so no issue

#1362 3 years ago

it is hit or miss.

I have some games with silicone that have been no problems for over a year on route.

1 week later
    #1380 3 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

Or 2 minutes with Goo Gone.

Or 90 seconds in the ultrasonicator.

1 week later
    #1419 3 years ago

We still have a few sets left if anyone is interested.

PM sent

happy to toss some on route games and give feedback

1 week later
    #1474 3 years ago

I put the new slim titans on our AMH on route in madison and like them very much! They look good and feel good.

3 weeks later
    #1555 3 years ago

It is definitely the plan. I have received a lot of positive feedback (as well as some negative) on how they play. I am waiting to hear back on the longevity of the rings before I put them in inventory.

holding up well on route so far from the ones you sent me.

5 months later
    #1773 3 years ago

Are you no longer offering the translucent in bulk?

4 weeks later
    #1818 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I just had both of my titan silicon slings tear close to point of completely shredding apart on my MET premium after less than 300 plays. I swapped out with some extra stock that I purchased a while ago and will report if if happens again.
    the funny part is that both were shredding at the lower corner where I wouldn't think that there's not much contact

That is where they always wear out first IME. That area is the pinch/stress point and where they get a tone of hits. You probably dont realize it but the ball hits that area constantly (trapping, post passing, etc... all bash that lower post corner)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 5.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 17.50
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 20.00
    $ 66.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Other
    Funhouse Custom Lamp Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.50
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 229.99
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 115.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 165.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    Boards
    German-Pinball-Modular

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider whysnow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside