4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1368 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I found a bag I had been missing, so they are back in stock today. Sorry about that
The other out-of-stock items will be in soon. I had hoped they would be here when I returned, but my shipping company changed the method of payment on me, and I couldn't do it from over seas. They are supposed to be in the air later today. Fingers crossed!

How is the restock going? I am hung up without the white 5/16 ID rings.

1 week later
#1418 8 years ago

Catacomb in Orange. I added it as a kit:
IMG_20160206_133607_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_133607_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_133552_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_133552_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_133533_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_133533_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_133520_(resized).jpgIMG_20160206_133520_(resized).jpg

#1422 8 years ago

Matt, I would like to encourage you to bring in 1/4' increment sizes. Classic Stern games use 2 1/4 and 2 3/4 frequently. On some games moving down or up doesn't cut it. If it's too tight the switch losses sensitivity and only strong hits will register. Too loose and it's just slop.

5 months later
#1759 7 years ago
Quoted from Its_me_aj:

Sorry to bring this back up, but I have had to replace like 4 clear 2 1/2 rings in the past couple months. 2 on location games and 2 in home use. It's not a big deal, I just figured there was a bad run or something. I'd still recommend and use titan for all my games.

Same here. Flipper popped in a few days and both slings broke after 4 weeks. Home play, clear rings.

#1761 7 years ago

You broke a flipper? Wow. That's a first. Would you mind emailing [email protected] with your name and address and I'll get some replacements sent out. Do you have any idea as to how or why it may have broke?
Thanks! Eric

I think the flipper was just a straight defect. It wasn't being played when it snapped. I really wish you had 2.25 ring size. On Tron, the 2" on the sling is really tight and 2.5" really sloppy. Both rings popped at the post corner. I have Titan on all of my games and Tron is the only one I use clear on. All the other games have been bullet proof.

#1763 7 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm confused on the size of the sling rubbers. I have a Avatar and want to replace the rubbers with clear Titans. I keep hearing 2" are too small and 2.5" are too big so what's the deal? Is this only with the clears? And aren't all Stern sling sizes the same?

I don't have much experience with NIB Sterns, but I have worked on plenty of them. It seems to me that the factory rubbers are thin. I don't know if that is from age or if Stern buys bulk rings that have been put on a diet.

1 month later
#1808 7 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I think the flipper was just a straight defect. It wasn't being played when it snapped. I really wish you had 2.25 ring size. On Tron, the 2" on the sling is really tight and 2.5" really sloppy. Both rings popped at the post corner. I have Titan on all of my games and Tron is the only one I use clear on. All the other games have been bullet proof.

So it's been 3 weeks since I installed the replacement 2" clear rings on Tron's slings. The left sling broke today. I think the 2" is just too tight. Not sure if the clear shrinks out of the mold or if the elasticity is different. I put 2.5" white on and it's very sloppy to the point where there is a big difference in sensitivity. I really wish 2.25" was an option as I have classic Sterns that use them. I will probably go to a different color 2" ring a see what happens.

5 months later
#1980 7 years ago
Quoted from Fliptastic:

My unofficial Titan Pinball ring organizer

Yeah. I have an organizer like that too. I left a spot open for 2.25". I hope it's not just wasted space.

2 months later
#2090 6 years ago

Those sticky bumper pads are on our list with quite a few others, but they are a ways down the list. Possibly even 2018. It's looking like 2-1/4" will be next, and possibly 1-3/4" and another that will be a surprise

Yeah! Tron has been very sad without clear rings on slings. 2-1/4 would be awesome.

1 month later
#2163 6 years ago
Quoted from jay:

Titan rubbers are generally far superior to Superbands but they do not play or feel like traditional rubber. The durometer may be similar but to me they're slightly harder and a bit dull on both flippers and rings. I do really like the thin flipper rubber they offer as a means of helping games with flipper hop that isn't able to be adjusted out, unfortunately the compromise is a really dead dead bounce. The post sleeves look nice and bounce a lot better than ones from Cliffy. In general, unless you're looking to rainbow sherbet your pins, or you need a more durable flipper rubber for location play (I am a Titan customer for this reason), traditional is by far the best playing, and most economically sensible choice.

I don't get the dead bounce stuff. I've heard this a number of times. If you want to breathe new life into an early solid state (most of my collection) or EMs, install Titans rings. It's like you rebuilt all the solenoids but didn't. Maybe it is different with modern games.

#2168 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

"Don't get it" how?
Perfect example for me -
Twilight Zone. Lock's lit, or EB is lit. Ball is in the slot scoop. Ball get kicked out.. It hits the lower-right flipper. DON'T flip. Ball bounces across to the left flipper. Catch ball, then make shot right up into the Lock.
That's a 'dead flip', and something I do QUITE often. On other games as well. With 'dead' rubber, you can't do that - the ball doesn't bounce, so when it hits that right flipper, it rolls down the drain.
With these latest Titans in my TZ - I can't do this. Bounce isn't great enough to get it over to the let flipper. Red rubber, it does. Hell, this weekend I can ever record a video to show the difference, if wanted.

My thoughts on Titan rings isn't limited to just flippers but that is where most of the discussion is centered.

The Twilight Zone flipper rings, did you buy the standard or thin? Also, Titan used to sell silicone and rubber rings. I know in the past people bought rubber thinking it was silicone.

#2173 6 years ago
Quoted from jay:

The last thing I would ever do is put Titan rubber in a solid state or EM game—unless a customer asked me to. To each his own obviously.

Well I only use white...mostly.

2 weeks later
#2193 6 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys -
Here's a completely unscientific, long, and boring video. I'm not a videographer, I can barely take photographs without them comin' out messed up. So, ignore the technical quality of it, please.

Thanks for the post! I have a question. Hard to tell, but is there any slop in the flippers? This is usually from worn bushings. It can sneak up on you, but I have been amazed at the performance difference of freshly rebuild flippers. Playing on location I come across games all the time where the bounce pass doesn't happen because the bat soaked up all the energy.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider superchicken.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=superchicken and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.