4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1045 8 years ago

Just got my order of rubbers from Titan and I can say that the post sleeves and 1/2" post rubbers cause MAJOR airballs just like the other colored sleeves I've tried in my games. Installed orange rubbers in Space Jam and they look great, but I get airballs landing in the wireforms now. Never happened with black rubber. Same as with other brands when installed in other games and had to take them out and use black rubber. I'll keep them in Space Jam since I'm selling it and they look great though, but if I was keeping the game I'd have to use black again.

Also got colored rubber for my Breakshot, funny that someone else did too. Wondering how it will affect game play, but again I'm selling this one too, so they'll stay regardless.

#1048 8 years ago

You could've saved me a few $$ if you didn't put off posting.

Was really hoping for better performance out of the Titan sleeves and post rubbers, but same un-pinball like behavior as the Cliffys and other colored posts I tried. I'd rather have a pinball machine play as it was designed than add a few splashes of color.

Swapped these over to my No Fear last night and it was Airball city! Way too many posts on NF to allow this behavior since the black rubber on the posts just brick my shots and don't launch them all over the place.

I can't recommend these to anyone because of the game changing physics these introduce. Slings are one thing - they're fine and look great, but not any rubber going on posts on either side of ramps or major shots.

My wife noticed the airballs right away on Space Jam, and was like "damn!". Not fun.

Although I'm glad I forgot to add the glow in the dark rubbers to my order for both my TFTC pins because that would've been a total waste of money.

#1054 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

they have a similar durometer as RED rubber, not black...
It says right on the website, "All sizes and colors of Competition Rings are engineered to provide the classic feel of red flipper rubber (Shore A45)"

Just comparing them to black rubber sleeves because that's what they replaced. No air balls when hitting the black rubber, but air balls galore with Titan sleeves, cliffy sleeves and whatever other colored sleeves I've tried. Multiple games, different manufacturers - Sega, Williams, Dataeast.

And I'm not talking about black flipper rubber....black sleeves and post rubber. I've only seen those rubber in black anyway, never red on any game I've owned.

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

black rubber sucks anyway!
Man up and go white. then upgrade and go color.
"Play Better!!!!!"

There are white rubber post sleeves and 1/2 bumpers?

#1061 8 years ago

Dude, pay attention. I'm saying that the sleeves and 1/2" bumper rubbers cause air balls in THE GAMES I'VE INSTALLED THEM IN.

That's it. No pissing. No moaning. Just stating facts as it pertains to me. You have stock in Titan rubbers? Are you a hired cheerleader? no? Then get a grip and let a customer voice his opinion on the product he spent money on.

#1062 8 years ago

And I've never seen white 1/2" post rubbers either. For clarification, see below.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0169/0466/products/545_5151_medium.jpg?v=1364561626

4 months later
#1488 8 years ago

Placed a big order yesterday for colored rubber for BSD, TS, NF and glow in the dark rings for Viper and TFTC. Hoping the glow in the darks rubber really pops on those two games. I have UV light strips along the sides of the TFTC playfield and it makes the green in the artwork glow nicely.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pomc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=pomc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.