4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,631 posts
  • 399 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 hours ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 832 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 4 years ago

I would be very curious to here from pinsiders who have tried these. I have a few "normal" rubber rings that crack and split too readily. If these rings last longer than it would be worth the higher price for me (as long as the increase in life span is proportionate to the increase in life).

#21 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Yeah, historically, the mini-post rubbers that go on the red plastic and polished metal posts are horrible failure rates IMO... usually lose 25% or more just putting them on the posts!

I've replaced my mini-post rubbers with the super band ones, and that was a real help. However, some of the larger rubber rings are starting to break more frequently than they should. So, I would be curious to see if this product helps.

#89 4 years ago

Yes, also let us know how well they hold up over time, though obviously that will take time.

#119 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Got my flipper rubber in yesterday. I like them so far. They sort of seem in between regular rubber and SuperBands (but probably closer to rubber) to me (as far as grip and bounce). More bounce than Super but a little less than rubber, less grip than Super. That's just my initial impression anyway.
    I'll say one thing......they are WAY easier to put on!

What did you put them on and what color? I'm thinking about getting them for my Star Trek Pro (I know you have one too) when I eventually do a full shop job.

#125 4 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

I bought a two red sets for my IMVE and HSII....just to try them. I think I will be ordering sets for the rest......probably blue for ST Pro.

Would love to see pictures and hear a report when you do.

#224 4 years ago

Well, I would be curious as to how those minipost rings hold up on Stern Star Trek. The factory ones on that game get shredded almost immediately. I replaced mine with the super band minipost rings, and those have really lasted. But they are extremely bouncy and difficult to put on.

3 months later
    #737 4 years ago

I just replaced the slings on my Star Trek Pro with orange rings from Titan (thanks to ectobar for the color idea). I have to say that they look awesome! Way better in person. Here are some old pics:

oldsling1.JPG
    oldsling2.JPG

And, here are the new pics:

newsling1.JPG
    newsling2.JPG
    newsling3.JPG

What was amazing was that when I took off the old black rings, my hands were stained. I thought I had touched grease. They must have been filthy. I love the way the new slings work.

Also, shout out to Titan. Awesome customer service and fast response time.

My next project is to replace the white rings in my Special Force with yellow. I'll post more pics when I do that.

#745 4 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I'm digging that Star Trek with the Orange. I probably would have tried the dark blue, but that orange really pops there imo.

Yeah, it draws on the orange in the play field in that one location. I love it!

#759 4 years ago

No problem on using my pics as long as I get a 10% royalty on all orders of orange sling shot rings.

Just kidding. Feel free.

#770 4 years ago

My Special Force in yellow:

IMG_0288.JPGIMG_0289.JPGIMG_0291.JPGIMG_0292.JPGIMG_0293.JPGIMG_0294.JPGIMG_0295.JPG

#771 4 years ago

The only slightly disappointing thing is that the somewhat yellowish tinge from the incandescent lights washes out a bit of the yellow color on the rings:

IMG_0283.JPG

Otherwise, it looks great.

#776 4 years ago
    Quoted from RipleYYY:

now, with these new rubs, you have almost doubled the value of the pin...
    (joke inside, no stress please)

Ha! You're probably right. It is an under-appreciated pin and a player's condition pin at that. I did have the distinct thought when I put them on that they were now the cleanest, best looking thing in game.

1 month later
    #889 4 years ago
    Quoted from TopMoose:

I'm still weeks away from needing them, but I wanted to get opinions on ring colors for a Flying Carpet. I want something more exciting than white. Black or transparent would be inappropriate. I was thinking orange, possibly green. Thoughts?
    image-9.jpg
    (Photo gleaned from IPDB.org)

Not green. There is too much green on the play field. Either orange or red to bring out some of the other colors IMO.

3 months later
    #1263 3 years ago

One of my competition slingshot rubbers on my Star Trek Pro started to split early, but I moved it around a little bit so the split area wasn't on the post, and it has held up. The other is doing fine. I've had just two others in different areas on Star Trek and another pin start to split just a little around a post, but I have some extras just in case. It is great of Titan to be so awesome with the warranty, but I don't think it is necessary unless I have repeated failures. I did want to try going up a size for the slings to help prevent this, but the rings went in .5" increments instead of .25" increments at those sizes so I'm not sure if that will be too big.

3 months later
    #1616 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

My experience is the exact opposite. I find the Super-Band mini post rubbers to be much bouncier than the Titans.

Yes. Agree.

#1618 3 years ago

I just installed Titan translucent rings on my WOZ. They look amazing! The color changing GI really shines through!

#1625 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Can you post a video or a couple of pics with the different GI colors?

Sure. Here are some pics. They don't do it full justice. I took a decent video, but I have yet to get a YouTube account. I should fix that.

IMG_0686_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0687_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0688_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0689_(resized).JPG
    IMG_0685_(resized).JPG

#1626 3 years ago

As you can see, there is a huge difference over the stock black rings.

#1628 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I did not see a "WOZ Kit". Did you have to buy them individually based on size?

I only bought the two translucent rings for the slings, flipper rings, and one black mini post ring for the center post. The other rings I left as stock. I didn't want to go through the trouble of swapping everything out at this time, and I really only wanted the look that the clear rings gave to the slings. The Titan ring for the center post seems to have a bit more bounce than the standard rubber ring that came with it. I have yet to swap out the flipper rings. That will be this weekend.

#1632 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

Let me know how that goes with the ruby slippers flipper toppers (that sounds pretty funny ... whatever they are called). One of my slippers broke and had to super glue it back on and back together. It has held up for about 8 months, but may still replace it (or the pair) when I go to change the flipper rings. I may stick to a color for the flippers instead of clear since no real GI is near by.

My ruby slipper fell off after one day and I super glued it back on. That lasted a week and then the slipper broke in half. JJP is sending me a new flipper bat and slipper. I'm guessing to change the rings, you need to take the bats out because of those slippers. Since I have to anyway, that's how I'll change mine. If I don't have the new bat by this weekend, I'll change the rest of the flippers and wait on the two main ones until I have it. I got black Titans for the main flippers. I pretty much tried to stay to original colors for the flippers. I'm hoping the Titans will look a lot cleaner. The ones that came with the machine already look pretty bad.

2 months later
    #1701 3 years ago

I put clear slings on my WOZ and haven't had any issues.

1 month later
    #1765 3 years ago

Hi. I'm not sure if anyone else has made this request, but it would be great if you could offer 1 3/4" rings. I have some pins that take 1 1/2" rings that split. The next size up is 2" which I think is too loose. I'm not sure how much demand there is for 1 3/4", but I would definitely try them.

Also, I just placed an order for new flipper rings and couldn't find where to enter the promo code to get 10% off. I ended up just putting it in the comments section. Am I just missing it?

Thanks for continuing to provide a great product!

#1767 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

When you view your shopping cart, there is a section right below it that says "What would you like to do next?" One of the options is to use a coupon code.

Oh. I think I went straight to checkout. Thanks for the explanation. I'll look for it next time.

1 month later
    #1802 3 years ago

I recently replaced the yellow standard rubber flipper rings on my Special Force with Titan silicone ones. (I previously replaced all other rings, and the game looks great.) Unfortunately, the very right ramp, which was always difficult to make, has become nearly impossible to make when the ball moves off of a cradled position (which is the main way you hit that ramp). Is there a significant difference in the coefficient of friction between the silicone and the rubber that might make the ball roll more slowly down the flipper and not build up as much momentum?

#1804 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

They do have a little "tack" to them. As they get dirty from the ball I notice it more. Try wiping with a cloth with a little spot of Naphtha or Alcohol. They may have some cardboard box fuzz or lint on them from shipping/handling, being in the bins, etc... It may do nothing but I do it every once in a while and I'm curious to see what you think about the results if you are willing to try it. There might even be different results with Naphtha since it's a little oily vs. isopropyl. I'll ask Matt also. I seem to remember this coming up before. If that makes them way worse or ruins them (it shouldn't) I'll send you some new ones.

Thanks! I'll try it and report back. I love the look, but if that ramp shot doesn't get better, I may have to switch back. I'll still keep the Titan rings on the rest of the playfield.

#1807 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly on mine the tack goes away after they get a little dirty. If brand new or freshly cleaned, they have that slow down of the ball as it runs down the flipper bat.

Ok, maybe I'll just give it some time and see. Thanks.

2 months later
    #1866 2 years ago

I have a request for Titan. On the Wizard of Oz, there are little 1/2" black rubber standoff posts. They have a point on each side and hold a clear plastic over the regular plastic. I took one off yesterday and should have snapped a picture. Unfortunately, I found them to be a pain to put back. Anyway, if you have access to a WOZ, you can easily see them. I always thought they looked awful -- dusty and dirty black rubber right from the manufacturer. It would be great if there could be a silicone version. I'm not sure how much demand there would be, but I thought I would put the request out there so you could keep track.

#1870 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a request for Titan. On the Wizard of Oz, there are little 1/2" black rubber standoff posts. They have a point on each side and hold a clear plastic over the regular plastic. I took one off yesterday and should have snapped a picture. Unfortunately, I found them to be a pain to put back. Anyway, if you have access to a WOZ, you can easily see them. I always thought they looked awful -- dusty and dirty black rubber right from the manufacturer. It would be great if there could be a silicone version. I'm not sure how much demand there would be, but I thought I would put the request out there so you could keep track.

I'm not familiar with that part. Anyone else have a pic?

Here you go. I took a couple of pics with the standoffs in the game.

IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1012 (resized).JPG

As you can see, there is a cylindrical section with a pointed end on top. There is a groove around the pointed end so that the standoff holds the plastic in place. They are symmetrical top to bottom, so the bottom looks the same (the pointed bottom goes in the bottom plastic). For WOZ, they come in a 1/2" and 3/4" version. I'm not sure where JJP gets them. I couldn't find them on Marco or Pinballlife's websites. They are easy to remove but putting them on is a pain. The rubber is so flexible, it is hard to pull it through the hole in the plastic; instead, the pointed and cylindrical part of the piece just compresses. If they were a bit stiffer, it would probably help.

Also, and this is my main issue, they look horrible. Dusty and dirty as I said before. I'm not sure how common these are, but I know a bunch of WOZ owners buy kits from you. I bet a lot of people would like replacement standoffs if such a thing were possible.

7 months later
    #2143 2 years ago

Thanks Titan for the great customer service! I had an issue with a couple of silicon post sleeves and contacted them to see if I could get a few replacements in my next order. They sent me, free of charge, a large handful of replacements as well as a full set of standard post sleeves just in case those work better.

3 weeks later
    #2186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

What are people using for Stern Star Trek? I'm due for a rubber change.

Orange for the slings looks great.

4 months later
    #2350 1 year ago
    Quoted from djoverpour:

Anyone else have any problems with the Titan sleeves not holding up? I just bought a bunch of color combos on the Black Friday sale, and after 100 plays on GotG, most of the post sleeves on the bottoms of the ramps are shredded. Maybe the purple ones are softer or somethin?

I had an issue on my X-Files where the sleeves take a real beating. I swapped them out for Titans rubber sleeves, and those are holding up quite well. The only issue is that the rubber ones are a bit thicker so they take up slightly more space.

#2352 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fremen:

I am getting ready to replace all my rubber rings on my Williams Indiana Jones. Originally I was going to just stick with all white. But I am intrigued by the translucent rings. Can anyone give any feedback on the translucent rings, whether specifically to IJ or other similar machines?
    BTW, i have mostly incandescent bulbs in the game, so not sure if that makes a difference as well. Thank you

Don’t know about IJ but I put translucent rings on the slings of my WOZ. They look great, and the light from under the slingshot plastics really shines through. Of course, WOZ is a total light show so it may be different with a traditional game with incandescents.

4 months later
    #2399 1 year ago

Harder. They are too soft and they shred when the post takes a lot of hard, direct hits. The original stern slim posts are just plastic like polyethylene or polypropylene.

Oh cool. I would be interested in trying them on my X Files. The old hardness (which I got in blue) shredded right away from the constant abuse, and you were very kind to replace with standard post sleeves. But those are thicker, and it would be nice to go back to something a bit thinner. I’ll get some with my next order.

#2404 1 year ago

Understood. I’ll wait to hear the reports on when the new batch of post sleeves comes in.

5 months later
    #2429 12 months ago

I’ve had yellow Titans in one of my pins for well over two years now, and they are still quite yellow.

#2439 12 months ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

(Unless someone opened the game up, and switched out the rubbers on me. )

I think you solved it.

#2446 11 months ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

That could be the case. (Haven't heard back from ex yet, either.) I remember when I placed an order (either for these or Meteor) that the (then) current site design made it difficult to tell which ones you were looking at when placing an order. The same order came with a blue plunger rubber, and that one is fine. No fading. So it's likely I messed up the order..! D'oh.

That’s disappointing. I prefer to think that someone at the York show played an awesome practical joke on you and is just sitting back and watching the fun.

6 months later
    #2555 4 months ago
    Quoted from Completist:

Looling for some advice on Titan color for my SOF. I’m thinking red maybe. Or black? I dunno...
    [quoted image]

Titan orange is a nice color. It might match with that playfield well. It might be a shade too light but is probably ok. I would probably keep black on the flippers though. It looks good there.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 1,099.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    $ 248.85
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    PinWoofer
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 28.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 18.95
    $ 96.77
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball-Mods.com
    $ 25.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Project Pinball Charity
    $ 29.95
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 19.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 26.95
    Playfield - Protection
    ULEKstore
    € 3.70

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider nokoro.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside