4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1586 8 years ago

Just got to play a few machines at a friend's house. Mixed review.

+ The orange on SoF looked amazing against the light blue playfield. Proper use of contrast.

- The Flippers wouldn't 'dead bounce pass', which caused me to turn off a few machines and walk away. If you take that move away from me in pinball, I'm done.

I'm not sure if that action is color-sensitive or if it's across the board on all Titans, (or alien intervention) but it was on two machines for me, and that was enough of an "experiment" for my tastes.

If I were going to use these kits in the future, I'd simply use traditional rubber for the flippers, and Titan for the colors around the PF. There's no question that the colors and use of translucents to emit more light are a BIG plus around the PF. If they are easier to wipe down and clean than traditional whites, than that would be an even bigger plus.

-mof

#1588 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This is very surprising as I have tried every color of flipper rings that Titan offers in the competition silicone and dead bouncing is exactly the same as regular rubber, if not more bouncy. I have had orange on one of my games for a long time and dead bounce constantly on that game. I am a player first and foremost, and if these didn't dead bounce, I would've tossed them after the first game. Makes me wonder why you couldn't on the game you played. very weird.

Ok good to know.
-mof

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mof.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=mof and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.