4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lynnindenver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1173 8 years ago

Just got an order for a complete replacement set of rings for our Solar Ride here. Some of the rubber on this machine may have been original - which meant stiff, cracked, and generally not the best stuff. Plus two of the rings were BLACK replacements - ick on several levels.

OldRingsNastyNastyNasty.jpgOldRingsNastyNastyNasty.jpg

The manual called for white rings - we went with clear for everything, partly to help the GI on the playfield (now LEDs), and partly because I wasn't sure bright white rings would have looked good against the patina on the playfield. It looks pretty good. And it plays a lot faster than with that old, stiff, cracked up rubber. We even replaced the shooter tip and flipper rubbers, but those were done in the original colors.

PFNewRingsLEDs.jpgPFNewRingsLEDs.jpg

#1177 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

I know the feeling, I've been hesitant on bright white on several games, but I have yet to regret it after installation on any so far... keep in mind older games were designed with white rubber in mind, and particularly after many decades of dulling colors, the benefits just increase. The translucents do look good though!

The manual did specify the white rubbers... on the other hand, I was pretty sure we wouldn't regret the clear, either, and I was right.

1 week later
#1206 8 years ago

So far, our experience with Solar Ride is matching everyone else's... a definite improvement in gameplay with no issues of the rings being too stiff or too bouncy. The son of the previous owner was over... and beat my high score in a single game.

1 year later
#1910 7 years ago

For the record, going on a year with our Titans in our Solar Ride... still going quite strong! I think that we'll definitely be ordering more silicon in the future, particularly if we get a second machine.

Just bought a bunch of white LEDs to replace the Comet frosted LEDs we bought last year... those had faded (pre ownership change), and decided to try a batch from Titan. Nice warm white, practically yellow.

7 months later
#2220 6 years ago
Quoted from hawknole:

I replaced all my rubbers on my Black Knight (except my posts, which are Titan red) with the Titan translucents and I think they look great with how the light passes through them.

I've pretty much settled on the idea myself that, any machine I have, if I'm going to replace rubbers and white is expected, clear is pretty much my first choice if I don't have a color scheme come to mind. White seems to be a little too stark and opaque now.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lynnindenver.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=lynnindenver and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.