4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,630 posts
  • 399 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Pecos
  • Topic is favorited by 181 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 832 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#66 4 years ago

just created a kit for the williams joust machine. actually created 2 kits by mistake when I hit the wrong button and "tweaked" a kit, rather than "updating" the original kit.

titan pinball:
    please remove the kit with the comments "duplicate kit created by mistake"

2 months later
    #536 4 years ago

me too! I've been waiting for some of the transparent sizes to come back in a stock for a couple of weeks now

3 weeks later
    #691 4 years ago

chicken!

I've found steve to be a very reasonable, knowledgeable and nice guy. heck, I even managed to get him to produce the darker blue colored faceted star posts for all of us stern star gazer and sea witch owners.

1 week later
    #707 4 years ago

maybe an option for the description to include the words "STOCK kit" vs. "custom kit" would help.

eg. when creating a kit, if there was either a check box or a set of radio buttons to indicate if the kit that you were assembling was "STOCK" or "Custom", that would help group and identify the kits

and like chuck mentioned, being able to select a stock kit and then modify the individual parts with different color choices would be cool too.

#734 4 years ago

hey matt,
    are you just out of the 3/4" ID transparent rings? I did not see them listed any more (even as as "out of stock")

#736 4 years ago

cool, thanks matt.

it was just odd that on the "new" site (which is very nice and much easier to navigate as well as order from ) there was no "box" for the transparent color for that particular size (which would normally just display an "out of stock" if you selected it.

#755 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

How about rubber flipper link stop grommets? Replacing these with silicone will help with longevity and will not dirty up the mechs.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/545-5105-00
    Also I think these grommets are used for generic solenoids. Are they interchangeable so just one kind can be used?
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6577

I've got another grommet to add to the list: 23-6420 (new substitute part no.: 38-6420)
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6420

these were originally made in a semi-translucent amber color, but transparent would work just as well. they are found on the bottom of a lot of the coil brackets that have bell armatures. on some of the older machines, the original grommets have all but dried up, cracked and fallen apart.

according to the moll.no pinball parts list database, a total of 292 are called for across just about every wpc/wpc-95/pin 2k title

#779 4 years ago

matt,
    how difficult would it be to be able to place an order for items which are 'out of stock' (since your products aren't something like many pinball parts, where once they're gone, they're gone) and to:
    a) offer the ability to either ship out what is in stock immediately with the balance shipping out once it becomes available again or
    b) wait and ship the entire order once the 'out of stock' items are re-stocked?

a few companies that I order things from offer this ability (where the items are pre-order goods and the release dates between them is a month apart or less).

from a consumer's point of view, it might make things a bit easier than for say having me order a portion of what I need and then to still keep checking the site to see if the 1 or 2 items have come back in stock and then order them.

just a thought

3 weeks later
    #807 4 years ago
    Quoted from sudsy7:

Matt - Any chance of 2-3/4" size rings in the future?

I second this request. my seawitch is just crying out for the transparent rings and the slings are 2-3/4" in size

#821 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I have been asked to input a kit for WOZ. I'd rather someone else entered it so they can earn store credit. I've updated the back-glass image, and it's waiting for input

creating a kit right now

edit:
    created, one clarification needed. the manual calls for:
    25-6003-03-0 3/16" OD mini post rubber, black

however, I believe that the manual has a typo and it's actually the 3/16" ID (which is the part that I've added)

4 months later
    #1290 3 years ago

matt,
    would it be possible for you that when adding a pre-built 'kit' to your cart, and if one or more items are 'out of stock' to list the items that were excluded from your order? right now, since all of the individual components are just added as single line items, it's kind of confusing (especially if you've already added items or kits to your cart

and I know that I'm asking for a lot here, but it would be nice to keep the 'kit' intact in your cart with a nested listing of the parts (and quantities) [and maybe little "red x's" for the parts that were not in stock and excluded from the order

#1300 3 years ago

racekip:
    kits have been created for many of the machines available

here are links from titan's site for the kits for all of your machines:

attack from mars
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/294

cirqus voltaire
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/1094

congo
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/1167

medieval madness
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/3056

theatre of magic
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5074

the shadow
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5056

white water
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5517

world cup soccer
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5604

you can view the kits to see what rubber is included with each kit (some machines have multiples defined based on people creating kits to suit their own personal tastes (eg. there is a 'glow-in-the-dark' kit for attack from mars) and rather than order that kit, you could then mix and match the colors (using the sizes and quantity specified from the kits)

be aware that many of the kits were created straight from the manuals (which could have had changes after the manuals went to print), so there's no guarantee that what someone created is correct (this problem exists with all of the pre-packaged kits from other vendors as well), but it should be a good starting point for you

the silicone performance rings from titan are fantastic, so if you choose to order from him, at the very least, you will be receiving a great product

#1304 3 years ago

definitely want to see those 5/8" x 3/4" (3/16" center hole) posts. RFM uses one as well

1 month later
    #1415 3 years ago

PM sent
    the thinner flipper rubber rings may be exactly what I need on my stern seawitch. the opening under the upper right flipper is too narrow to get a shot back into the shooter lane with the current rubber that I'm using.

1 week later
    #1441 3 years ago

received the sample thinner rings yesterday. will be putting them on the seawitch this weekend (and passing along the bonus set to be put on an "on route" game

pics to come soon

2 weeks later
    #1499 3 years ago

due to a few people reporting that the 2" slings were too tight, I've updated the kit that I created for the Metallica monster premium (transparent rubber), changing the slings (qty: 2) from 2" to 2-1/2"

2 weeks later
    #1563 3 years ago
    Quoted from freezie:

just ordered a nice amount for my metallica ! unfortunately i forgot to add a shooter tip .

what?!? you didn't order the set that I had already created in transparent?

4 weeks later
    #1658 3 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

I did not see a "WOZ Kit". Did you have to buy them individually based on size?

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/128

2 months later
    #1704 3 years ago

thanks for adding the 2-3/4" rings and the 5/8" bumpers

just placed another order (well, 2 orders 'cause I'm an idiot and forgot to add the bumpers) to finally add those to my machines

#1712 3 years ago

I'll start. I see that you've tugged on it so hard that it's begun to turn purple. I would advise against doing that

#1716 3 years ago

received my order yesterday. love the way that the 3/4" x 5/8" bumper posts came out.

also, I've loving the fact that many of the rubber ringss are coming individually bagged with a size sticker indicating what's in the bag
    so nice when you place a large order of not having to sort them out (again)

2 weeks later
    #1733 3 years ago
    Quoted from mollyspub:

Where did you get that case? I'tll be good for spare leds as well

while not exactly the same, pretty nice and I like the two removeable drawer-type sections
    amazon.com link »

1 week later
    #1754 3 years ago

dammit!! now, I'll need to spend more money

1 month later
    #1816 3 years ago

I just had both of my titan silicon slings tear close to point of completely shredding apart on my MET premium after less than 300 plays. I swapped out with some extra stock that I purchased a while ago and will report if if happens again.

the funny part is that both were shredding at the lower corner where I wouldn't think that there's not much contact

left sling

#1819 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Were they 2 or 2 1/2"?

they were 2-1/2" (I remember changing "my" BOM on their site after getting my initial order and finding out that the 2" ones called for in the stern manual were way too tight. like I stated, the good news is that I had ordered some extras, so at least I had something to replace them

I love the way they play and clean up, but if the 2nd set wears out in another 300 plays (or less), I may need to find another alternative

#1828 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Is a 2-1/2 somewhat tight on Metallica? Would someone want to try a 2-3/4?

I believe that the game manual actually called for 2" rings for the slings. I bumped them up to 2-1/2" after finding the 2" ones to be too tight

however, if you want to shoot me a set of 2-3/4" I would be happy to report back with my findings

edit:
    yep
    MET playfield (resized).jpg MET rings (resized).jpg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 89.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    $ 5,799.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    APB Enterprises
    $ 14.99
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 42.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 49.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 10.00
    $ 26.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j_m_.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside