4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hougie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Silicone- the material of tomorrow.... here today!
silicone.jpeg

I can volunteer to be a "feel" tester.

#244 9 years ago

I ordered sets for LOTR and Metallica. I will post feedback once I have them installed.

#246 9 years ago

Oh, and I would love to see these in 3/8" flipper rubber for Gottlieb. I have a Stargate that I would like to re-rubbber in these as well.

1 week later
#348 9 years ago

I put the rubbers on LOTR and boy I love them. My game is quite a bit more lively. I like the look of shiny black rubbers but the bounce (or better) of white. Big thumbs up from me!

4 months later
#833 8 years ago

I was just getting ready to order a clear set for Tron and noticed that clear post and 7/16"o.d. are out of stock. Will you have these back in soon?

#834 8 years ago
Quoted from herg:

Gotcha. The one I ran across was Tron. Instead of 6x 7/16 OD, it has 6x 7/16 ID. I didn't notice until I was installing them. I'll just add them to the next order.

I just added a Tron kit with the corrected 7/16" and added post sleeves. I left the flippers orange because I like how it looks and they match my beard.

#836 8 years ago

Try it again, it was working a few minutes ago.

2 weeks later
#937 8 years ago

Here are the translucents on Tron. Looks amazing, IMO.
Thanks again, Matt!

IMG_20150820_221934058.jpgIMG_20150820_221934058.jpg

#938 8 years ago

Please pardon my geeking out for a minute... but the translucents also take on the look of the ramp mod quite nicely. TRON is such a beautiful pin and these rings fit so perfectly.

#940 8 years ago
Quoted from tomdotcom:

Damn you, I just recently did my Tron in Titan white rubbers. Now I need these clear ones instead....ffs

Yes, you do

2 weeks later
#990 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Someone just gave me a suggestion to bring in small pieces to put behind targets in place of foam.
I think it's a pretty nifty idea.
I'd like to hear your opinions on it.

I like it. The foam compresses, contributes to bent targets, and then airballs..

I would also love to see the rubber grommets that go on the end of ramps.

#995 8 years ago

Yes, that is correct.

3 weeks later
#1050 8 years ago

They bounce like white rubbers, not black, ie. way more bouncy. I like it personally.

#1065 8 years ago

Here's Stargate with clear slings. I'm addicted to clear!IMG_20150926_121317278.jpgIMG_20150926_121317278.jpg

#1068 8 years ago

They just take on the color of whatever illuminates them. Incandescent would give them a yellowish glow. If nothing is lighting them they look white from the players perspective.

Order a couple and try them. I'm glad that I did.

3 months later
#1346 8 years ago

I broke my first silicone ring today.
The game has been in the garage since this summer and just recently has seen a ton of plays. Does rapid temp change have any effect on silicone? I know it's not good for the rest of the game by the way

12091_(resized).jpeg12091_(resized).jpeg

#1348 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Rapid temp change is bad for everything on a pin.
Playfields plank, backglasses peel, cabs spider....
Never keep a pin in an unheated garage.
Use a reptile heating pad inside if you have no choice.
8650_(resized).jpg

I know, I know

I actually did have one of those reptile pads in it.

#1350 8 years ago
Quoted from Grinder901:

As a general rule, what temps on either extreme are most damaging? Is humidity the most damaging?

Any rapid change is especially bad for wood. Humidity is obviously bad. I would not even think of storing one of my "nice" games in an unheated garage. Ideal is what is comfortable for you most likely.

Our weather has been all over the map lately, like t-shirts to parkas in a day or two. My neighbor is actually housing my SG. He's trying to ease his wife into the idea of buying one...lol
He's doing the "neighbourly" thing by helping us out...

1 week later
#1373 8 years ago

If you have had any breakages and need replacements, please send me a PM and I'll get them out ASAP.

I had just enough store credit to replace a couple
No worries! Thanks for the service and products, Matt!

#1383 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

... replacing a limp old bat.

2 weeks later
#1459 8 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

I'm shopping out a Gottleib Stargate now. Does Titan make flipper rubber for Gottleibs? I'm not all that familiar with Gottleibs. The flipper rubber seems to be different width. What do I order on the Titan web site? It doesn't seem clear as to what to order for Gottleibs. Thanks.

There is a kit up for Stargate.

2 weeks later
#1510 8 years ago

I had the Titan thin rings on Spider-man this weekend at Expo. No issues at all and the game (I'm guessing here) had hundreds of plays. I forgot to check but most reported several hundred plays at least.

1 week later
#1550 8 years ago

Matt, do you have plans to order more of the thin flipper rings? I really love the samples!

#1553 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've been wondering about them. How is the play compared to the regular Titans, Superbands and plain rubber?

They are right in-between traditional red and black, IMO. Definitely less bounce than Titan or trad red rubbers. I prefer them on some of my games.

#1556 8 years ago

It is definitely the plan. I have received a lot of positive feedback (as well as some negative) on how they play. I am waiting to hear back on the longevity of the rings before I put them in inventory.

No sign of wear at all on the ones I took to Expo. I estimate 500 - 600 plays.

1 week later
#1590 8 years ago
Quoted from mof:

Just got to play a few machines at a friend's house. Mixed review.
+ The orange on SoF looked amazing against the light blue playfield. Proper use of contrast.
- The Flippers wouldn't 'dead bounce pass', which caused me to turn off a few machines and walk away. If you take that move away from me in pinball, I'm done.
I'm not sure if that action is color-sensitive or if it's across the board on all Titans, (or alien intervention) but it was on two machines for me, and that was enough of an "experiment" for my tastes.
If I were going to use these kits in the future, I'd simply use traditional rubber for the flippers, and Titan for the colors around the PF. There's no question that the colors and use of translucents to emit more light are a BIG plus around the PF. If they are easier to wipe down and clean than traditional whites, than that would be an even bigger plus.
-mof

I have tried several color Titan silicone flippers and they bounce as much or more that the standard red rings. I wonder if your friend had super bands or some equivalent on there. For a couple of my games the Titan flippers are too bouncy. That's why I'm pestering them to carry the thin rings.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hougie.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=hougie and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.