4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,639 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by Swoods5688
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190311_164340 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191857 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191908 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20190606_140851 (resized).jpg
    20190812_112800 (resized).jpg
    D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#603 4 years ago

We've been limited to black and white for so long that these colors are a bit of a shock to the system. I bought a sampling of every color and started with slingshots. It's taking me a few days for each game to decide what color to use. I can put them on and love the color while concentrating on the slingshots, but then not like it as much when I step back and look at the entire game. Give me a few days, though, and I like it again.

So far, I've settled on purple flipper rubber and light blue rings on TOTAN. SS is green on both. TZ didn't feel right, so I kept white rings on it. It's one more thing for us to debate, but having choices is awesome. I'm excited to see how they hold up and how much cleaning effort they can save me.

2 weeks later
    #669 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

more esoteric parts like fatter posts

Any chance that might include the TOTAN lamp bumpers? Mine look like crap.

#673 4 years ago

Is this the 3/4 x 5/8 rubber? Does anyone know if it was used on any other game?

Hmmm... I don't really know.

IPDB parts list has it as:

865 ..3 23-6770 bumper 2

Searching Marco for that part number brings up a 3/4 x 5/8, but the part number on the Marco page is different.
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/control/keywordsearch?SEARCH_STRING=23-6770

1 week later
    #714 4 years ago

I've already placed two orders, and I'm planning a third... and I've only finished one game.

I'm finding it to be a lot like installing LEDs in a game. I buy some, guessing at what will look best, then find that different colors actually look better than the ones I originally thought.

#739 4 years ago

Here's a few pictures of my games in progress. I had planned on purple in TOTAN and green in SS, but as you can see, I'm leaning toward light blue in both. Green only on the SS slings.

20150702_175748.jpg
    20150702_175738.jpg
    20150702_175535.jpg
    20150702_175726.jpg
    20150702_175702.jpg

#741 4 years ago

Funny, I like contrasting colors on the posts. When I matched them, it seemed like too much of the same to me. The ability for everyone to be able to make their own game look the way they want is why these are so great.

#754 4 years ago

Feel free to use my pics as well, though they are pretty poor. Next time the glass is off, I'll take some with the SLR.

#766 4 years ago

As promised, here are better pictures of my TOTAN.

IMG_6389.JPGIMG_6393.JPGIMG_6392.JPGIMG_6390.JPG

3 weeks later
    #810 4 years ago

We've made TITAN10 valid until 2052!

Where do you enter this code? I'll probably be embarrassed once I see it, but I couldn't find it for my recent order.

#812 4 years ago

I see it now at the bottom of the shopping cart. I missed it by going directly to checkout, it seems. Oh, well.

#814 4 years ago

Another website question. What is the preferred method to report / correct mistakes in kits? If I leave a comment, will it be seen? If it is seen, can kits be edited by the author? Should I make a new kit with the correction?

#817 4 years ago

Gotcha. The one I ran across was Tron. Instead of 6x 7/16 OD, it has 6x 7/16 ID. I didn't notice until I was installing them. I'll just add them to the next order.

#824 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Just placed another order. I could not figure out how to put in the discount code? Does that no longer apply?

I had the same issue. Take a look at the bottom of the shopping cart.

1 week later
    #865 4 years ago

Is it just my imagination, or are the GITD rings a little harder than other colors?

I didn't have much time to spend with them last night, but I put GITD on my AFM slings. My first impression was that they seemed to have a little less bounce when hit at the corners. When I have more time, I'll compare them to other colors myself, but I wanted to see what you guys think.

#869 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I wasn't able to find the GITD rings on Titans website. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Just select a size, and if it's available, GITD will be one of the color choices.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=52

1 week later
    #941 4 years ago

I debated between clear and orange/blue split on my Tron, finally settling on the orange/blue. I have clear sprinkled throughout WOZ, and they look awesome in front of the color changing lights. The only game I've decided that I'm keeping white is TZ.

#961 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Just ordered rings for my AFM restore. Excited to see what they look like.

What color did you get? I did my AFM in GITD, and they're awesome looking.

#965 4 years ago

Like chuckwurt said, glow in the dark. They don't really glow all that much (a little during Strobe Multiball), but the slight hint of green and somewhat translucent to pick up light from GI really fits nicely with the game, in my opinion.

I left my TZ white, but all the others, I ended up liking some color. It was a bit of a shock to the system at first, but once my brain rewired, it's fun to be able to customize a little more.

2 weeks later
    #1004 4 years ago
    Quoted from Pinterest:

Yes - there's this really good adhesive on the market - it's called silicone!
    LOL

Until it dries, that is. Once silicone had cured, even more silicone doesn't stick to it well.

1 month later
    #1165 3 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I looked at the flippers and it didn't list it as a color or could buy or the kits

It looks like they're out of stock on the glow flipper rubber. If you look at mini-flipper or 3/8, it does show up. Also, there's not really kits. The kit database will let you add rings to your cart, but they're rarely the colors you actually want since it's so subjective.

#1196 3 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

It'd really be awesome if the kits were graphical... I showing playfield picture and location of the rings; so the colors could be selected.

The database allows for attaching pictures, so if the kit designer puts forth the effort, this is already kinda possible. I added the ring page from the manual to the game that I added. Probably not as nice as you were asking about, though.

1 week later
    #1220 3 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I'd hate to just do all white on all of them.

Nothing wrong with that, IMO. If white looks the best, keep it white. I did on my TZ and WW.

9 months later
    #1796 3 years ago

What are the dimensions of the Stern Slim post rubber? Will they fit a standard post?

I bought a full set for RZSSI, and they are all great except the post on the right of the playfield. It's slightly fatter than the stock rubber, and it diverts balls coming out of the inner loop toward the drain rather than the right flipper. I'm wondering if a slim post rubber would work better.

#1806 3 years ago

They do fit! Both are about 1" tall. Dims below are in mm.

Thanks. I ordered a few to try. Of course, after you shipped super fast, I realized I should have added a couple of the 7/16 OD post rubbers.

The game documentation says to use 3/8, but the ball compresses them, and I hear *clack* when the ball hits the metal base of the outlane posts. Oh, well, next order.

4 months later
    #1945 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the purpose of the thinner rubber to reduce the bowing or is there some other reason for it?

It has a bit less bounce, so I have it on a couple of games where I didn't like the way the standard felt.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Lighting - Other
    Professor Pinball
    $ 128.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 10.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.50
    Playfield - Decals
    The MOD Couple
    $ 7,499.00
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 1,199.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 194.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 14.95
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Chrome Candy
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 149.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider herg.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside