Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,863 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A5B0AB3-1ACF-4736-A237-14042F513F61.jpeg
    6F456CE5-C075-4CDD-BC7B-A3ED2E70ECF2 (resized).jpeg
    64F3389A-FB2D-4765-932D-C4332D0B54CB (resized).jpeg
    EA81F7FD-95E3-4542-A11F-067E1791EBD9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0418 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0412 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0409 (resized).jpg
    E71DF91D-D844-47E2-B2FC-5E1B84F0A95C (resized).jpeg
    20210301_183837 (resized).jpg
    C8944FB1-8F47-4811-96BA-DCD4F429D3AC (resized).jpeg
    035FB11D-DF71-4036-A32F-813FD117BDD9 (resized).jpeg
    24EB7B9F-0B57-4ABD-B442-2884B6DA5F61 (resized).jpeg
    27F88064-8EF6-460A-9934-1C71C2AE6C7E (resized).jpeg
    27FEB6A0-D259-428F-BCAB-DFBFBC3CE983 (resized).jpeg
    D42DA25A-462B-4EB4-9058-0713CC41F305 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 6 years ago

I would be really tempted to order these for Jackbot I am about to put back together but without proven reliability, I can't send a game to TPF with new product on it...will probably order some for my own testing anyways, very interested.

#9 6 years ago

Pretty sure the pricing comment was directed towards non-flipper rings....about 2.5x the cost of normal rubber.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Good call. Some tournament directors get a little nervous with new equipment on the machines.
    Usually, you also have to have backups in case something breaks.

Well, I'm not the tourney director (thank god..) and Jackbot would be on the general floor if it makes it in time, but still..I really don't want to change out a ring somewhere in the back right side of that game if a ball nicks it and it happens to go, lol.

Purple on Met, Orange on Congo, Clear on Tron (This might make Quiddity's day that there is now an option for clears that are not hard as a rock like the PBL/PinballCenter ones!), and you don't even want to know what I could do with these on Crescendo... lol..

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from youdontknowme:

I don't see how any of titans rings could fail compared to any new ring on earth failing. rubber is usually...rubber, unless it's silicone. just keep spares for the slingshots.
    I'm more annoyed when LED nightmares are allowed into tournament play.

Guess you better be done with tournaments then, since all new pins coming off the line everywhere are LED...unless you were just referring to exceptionally poor examples of LED conversions, in which case, I agree. =P

Quoted from zizzlemeplease:

translucent fluorescent for Frax's Crescendo would be pretty awesome..

Hell yeah! Anything that is UV reactive would be FREAKIN' AWESOME.

Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a few "normal" rubber rings that crack and split too readily.

Yeah, historically, the mini-post rubbers that go on the red plastic and polished metal posts are horrible failure rates IMO... usually lose 25% or more just putting them on the posts!

#25 6 years ago
    Quoted from Robotoes:

Seems like that would be a great test of a new product, high traffic/high play situation. Maybe they'll hook you up with a set just for testing in such an environment.

Saving the cost of a rubber kit isn't worth the hassle for -me- to do it, unless I get Crescendo up and running before TPF, which is not looking good right now. Potentially taking 6 pins, all over the place on the floor because half my games will be with vendors, plus probably playing in some tournaments.....I don't need additional issues that can be mitigated easily by waiting to test these out after the show.

IF they wanted to do it and someone else was game, DMD's typically seem to average about 450-600+ plays at TPF depending on popularity of the game and ball times.

#45 6 years ago

Fuuuuuuuuu.....

#69 6 years ago

Okay can someone with a Crescendo manual tell me all the rubber sizes?

What? Nobody has a Crescendo manual? =|

#143 6 years ago

rebound rubbers are 1.75 from PBR for the brown ones... with how big they are, what would they cost for Titan to make their margin? 30 bucks? Nah...

#154 6 years ago

I'll be adding a Crescendo/Groovy/Psychedelic kit once I verify the correctness of the kit that PBR sent me (I'm sure it's fine and they probably took it directly off the schematic..)

I'm thinking purple rubbers..

#212 6 years ago

Yeah, the hot pink on a Future spa would be OMFGAWESOME.

#310 6 years ago

I am freakin' *IN IN IN* on glow in the dark for Crescendo when you get them.

3 weeks later
    #402 6 years ago

GITD might look pretty sick on Crescendo.... the pops "when lit" feature seems to cycle almost at random..I have no idea what controls it, but when those five pops are NOT lit, it gets real dark except for the UV highlights. They all have warm white crystal fans in them so they are pretty dang bright when they're on... looks fantastic to have that basically be the "GI" and then the UV with the glowball and highlights when they're off...love it. GITD rings sound like they will be perfect for this.

3 weeks later
    #450 6 years ago

Just waiting on hot pink and GITD/UV reactive...

#475 6 years ago

All depends on the longevity of the Titan rings IMO. It's too early to call. I know several ops and techs and they're all using superbands on the flippers for obvious reasons...the damn things last forever unless there was a bubble in the casting and it just happens to get placed near the tip or back edge and can wear and weaken over time. But IMO I don't prefer playing on them. I don't blame ops for using them to reduce their costs..

There's no comparison between Titan and SB for anything other than mini posts and flipper rubbers, because SB has never produced a "normal" ring size.

1 week later
    #489 6 years ago

Sweet. I need to start making a ring list.

2 weeks later
    #548 6 years ago

Frag...I knew I should've had my rubber list ready to go weeks ago...I'll probably miss the boat on this first shipment. :op

#570 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Mega super bulk is what I would like.
    I think the best way to do this is look at an assortment of 20 games rubber lists. Determine the average count of each rubber type/size for a single game and then scale up and be sure the super bulk also includes a few of the 1 offs.
    This would allow me to order "stock" parts which is what I do for things like rubbers and LEDs. I buy lots at once to save on shipping and know I will have what I need when I need it, wether it is for shopping a whole game or a one off that breaks.

Realistically, how many people are going to order 800 bucks of rubber at one time?

#582 6 years ago

Went crazy. Ordered rubber for all five of my games (Tron, Met Pro, Xmen LE, Comet, Crescendo). I apologize in advance to people wanting GITD rubber for the massive kit of rubber that Crescendo takes lol. 33 rubbers, 19 of which are 5/16"! =P

#613 6 years ago

I just got all my stuff in...

Comet - Orange
    XMLE - Yellow
    Tron - Clear
    Metallica - Purple
    Crescendo - Glow in the Dark

Colors are fantastic, and these are very stretchy compared to SB. The flipper rubber does still affect the ball transition from the lane guide to the flipper a *little*, it is SUBSTANTIALLY less than SB however, and people that are not very carefully watching may not even notice it...for all I know it will get better with play as well....there might still be a release agent or something on there, and when I re-wax that will make the band slicker too. You can tell right away when you take one out of the bag and pull on it that it's not anything like SB's. Had no trouble at all putting the flipper bands on this morning. Super easy.

The GITD is *awesome*. The base color is nice IMO, and I was able to basically light up the whole bag of rubber for Crescendo with a little hand held flourescent UV light that runs on 4 AA batteries. Art sent me a sample bulb that I have no clue what it is, but I need a bunch of them for that game that I suspect is not UV but a purple or pink that does a good job of GI *and* activates UV reactive.. I need to pull it out and figure out what it is, I think it will work great for these. Pretty sure it was a flex head too. Will pull it and post a pic so we can figure out what it is.

1 week later
    #635 6 years ago

I found the post caps make a great replacement for the metal acorn nuts on Gottliebs.

Well.....

They used post caps before acorn nuts. They're great if the plastics don't get banged on and there's no airballs, but once things started moving to 50vdc flippers and the balls go all over the damn place....lol...

#638 6 years ago

Cool, if the post caps go into production, I'd love to switch out my acorn nuts on Crescendo for them. I'd rather the caps give way than the irreplaceable plastics.

#652 6 years ago

Guys.....GUYS...I put the glow in the dark on Crescendo last night. Holy crap. UV bulbs in the GI for the most part, got a pic of one with an incandescent just because it was already there....

20150614_215947.jpg 20150614_220004.jpg 20150614_220011.jpg 20150614_220024.jpg 20150614_220031.jpg 20150614_220049.jpg 20150614_220100.jpg 20150614_220106.jpg
    #654 6 years ago

What do I care if it does...they're already yellow as crap. I'm going to scan and remake them, probably with flourescent ink if that's even possible.. I have two full sets of plastics right now for Crescendo...the Aussie guys that do Gottlieb plastics have absolutely zero interest in doing this as a reproduction....they said I'm the only one that's EVER asked about them, and they want 20 sets ordered as a commitment to make them. At like 120-150 a set, I'm sure not paying for them to be made.

As for why....why not....did you see my Cresendo thread? I repainted the whole playfield to take advantage of blacklight to go with the theme. It looks great with normal GI in it, but it really is something else with the UV.

#659 6 years ago

Like I said though...just keep in mind my game is flooded with UV. I'll try to take some pictures with another camera as well..these came off my Note 4 with HDR, because the pop caps are so insanely bright (crystal fan LEDs... lol..) that they overload the tiny aperture of the phone. UV is also "visible" to a CCD, so everything is brighter than it really is...suffice to say, I think it looks awesome. I'm not sure how practical these will be unless you have a big blacklight overhead or just need light green rubber anyways. Lights don't generally turn off long enough for the glow to show.

Might work good for something like system shutdown on JM (Green with that playfield though? Yuck.) or Sparky multiball start on Met where only the spotlights remain on.

#665 6 years ago

Crazy thought....any way to make a dual flex head LED that has one UV and one white head? I know that's pretty extreme...

My last picture is some random LED you threw in with my last order... I'd really like to know what it actually is as it's SUBSTANTALLY brighter than the 5-way UV LEDs I have in all the other sockets, but still triggers the UV reactiveness of the paint and these rubbers...not to mention it seems to fit okay in the stupid retarded tiny socket holes on Crescendo.. it's some kind of flex head, but I don't know if it's pink, purple, UV or what...it wasn't labled.

2 months later
    #897 6 years ago

Holy cow, that's a ton of stuff.

5 months later
    #1408 5 years ago

I have noticed that our first run of translucent slingshot sizes have had a few issues. They seem to be softer than the color rings. The follow up order was done in a higher Shore rating, and they seem to be holding up better. Also, I strongly suggest that you use 2 1/2 for slingshots (especially on Sterns).

Dook. I just shopped Tron and finished it last night and it's got 2" clears on the slings. Plays GREAT I'd hate to go to a looser rubber (nyuk nyuk) but I'll keep an eye on them. I do a lot of post passing on Tron too, especially left to right, so we'll see.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside