4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,605 posts
  • 396 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 13 days ago by mbwalker
  • Topic is favorited by 178 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 824 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg
    DE13B51A-D72A-4D98-9C7C-4E7106BBD14B (resized).jpeg
    670373FB-2793-4977-944E-3F4146FA0270 (resized).jpeg
    5162DF38-F24C-4677-9D3E-51CBA52E7668 (resized).jpeg
    CD52E436-BC0E-4A99-9513-6CECFBF4E5E2 (resized).jpeg
    C025964F-7C5E-48E5-8051-A4DBB29B3987 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1434 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

A MILFy biker chick seemed impressed.

Best sentence so far of 2016

2 weeks later
    #1503 3 years ago

Here is my street fighter for comparison. Orange in the bottoms half regular blue everywhere else.

image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #1560 3 years ago

I am trying to decide what color to do my Lotr in, anyway have any pix or suggestions?

2 weeks later
    #1607 3 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I think he means colorized transparent rings.

Basicly like super bands look like. I'd love them also.

1 month later
    #1673 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I haven't been keeping up here. I'd like to place another order, can I still do so with no issues?

Yes I just placed one this morning. There will be no interruption with orders while the transistion happens

7 months later
    #1911 2 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Just had a Superband flipper rubber snap on me on a route game. Haven't seen this problem with Titan flipper rubbers, FYI.

I recently had a titan flipper rubber snap on my route metallica, but it took a while id say it had 1200-1500 plays on it.

Out of curiosity does anyone else have frequent braking with the clears? They brake 2-3x more often any other color i have, and its not a number of plays things as i have monitored the machines. Im not complaining, just curious, i still love the clear is just looks so good on some machines.

#1913 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've had a couple start to split, rotated them and have had no more splitting. It's weird cause on the new orientation of the rings they haven't split at all and they have thousands of plays more that the original orientation. These were both slingshot rings that were splitting right where you post pass.

this is where mine always snap also.

#1917 2 years ago
    Quoted from dsuperbee:

That is where my normal rubbers tend to break as well. I always assumed that it was due to it being the main pressure point on that rubber.

Thats understandable, however why is clear breaking more then all the others when the others have more plays on them?

4 months later
    #2065 2 years ago

My Titan organization solution.

IMG_4046 (resized).JPG

IMG_4047 (resized).JPG

#2070 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Are you opening a Titan distribution center? Only thing that would impress me more is if you would stack them in rainbow order.

I'm sure my wife's OCD will make her stack them inthat order. I am an operator and all my games have Titans on them. I also shop other people's machines so I carry all colors on hand (pink and grey are on order) and let them pick what colors they want on their games.

#2073 2 years ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

titan_pinball - A few notes I had with your site.
    1) So far I'm extremely pleased with the quality of the translucent rings I ordered for a Gorgar. For a small premium over a standard kit and the awesome pictures I'm seeing made this purchase a no-brainer.
    2) The order processing and shipping was super quick, even with the base shipping option. Kick ass!!!
    3) I followed the "top rated" kit for Gorgar as there were 4 kits from which to choose, with only 1 being rated, and it got a 5-star rating. I also liked how it had a user-created schematic for where everything would install. I followed it to the 'T' but the kit had a few faults. It omits one 5/16" and multiple of the 2" and 2.5" rings need to be one size smaller. I ended up with some rings that aren't tight at all and look like an oval barely being stretched. The user is applying a common ring size across very different post distances leaving some in poor tension.
    4) I tried to rate said kit poorly just so it could alert other buyers that it's not a "5-star" solution and I posted my fixes in the notes section saying you can surely use this kit but pick up a few extra "1-size smaller" rings and that missing 5/16" that's clearly in his schmatic but not labelled. Unfortunately my comments cut off as I didn't see any character limit. Tried to make a "continued" comment on that product page. Hopefully that works.
    Overall, the issue I experienced had ZERO to do with Titan, and I wouldn't hesitate to do business again... and I won't as I'm about to place an order for some of the fixes I mentioned above along with a bunch of LED's to test out some lighting options. My only recommendation is to perhaps somehow monitor/delete any user-created kits over time if continuous comments start to pile up, or create some sort of "Titan Verified" icon for certain sets that get continuous praise for working.
    Anyways, back to placing my next Titan order...

Yeah the site kits are hit and miss ive heard. Have you thought about buying their bulk kit? its rather cheap considering how much you get in comparison and should be enough rings do 2-3 games with.

2 months later
    #2149 1 year ago

I have my Star Wars the clear rubber love with blue flipper rubbers.

IMG_4239 (resized).JPG

IMG_4240 (resized).JPG

IMG_4241 (resized).JPG

IMG_4242 (resized).JPG

IMG_4243 (resized).JPG

IMG_4244 (resized).JPG

IMG_4245 (resized).JPG

IMG_4246 (resized).JPG

IMG_4247 (resized).JPG

IMG_4248 (resized).JPG

#2158 1 year ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone answer a quick question for me so I don't have to read 44 pages?
    Do the Titan flipper rubbers perform like "normal" rubbers, or like super bands? I like the longevity and color of super bands, but I hate the way they play.

to my knowledge all titan rubber is based off the bounce and feel of red rubber. I cant remember the word that used for it, dura something I think its called. Im sure eric will chime in. So if you are used to playing with black flipper rubber the will feel different if you are used to red flipper rubber they should feel the same.

1 week later
    #2185 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

What are people using for Stern Star Trek? I'm due for a rubber change.

I used light blue for flipper rubber, purple for the third flipper and tehn clear for the playfield. Looks great.

3 months later
    #2284 1 year ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

TITAN PINBALL BLACK FRIDAY/CYBER MONDAY
    20% off all orders over $50 Friday November 24 to Monday November 27 at midnight... coupon code TITAN17BF The 20% off applies to ALL in-stock products on the Titan website EXCEPT the 50 piece Universal ring kits, 100 piece Competition Bulk Variety Pack, already discounted items and Titan Pinmats.
    2-1/2" clear will be back in stock and we will have genie lamp posts for TOTAN in 6 colors!

Great deal Eric!

#2332 1 year ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Anyone have thoughts on what looks best on creature? Maybe just black? Trying to avoid green.

when in doubt go clear, it looks amazing on everything lol. chuckwurt said it a long time ago. Clear is the new white.

1 week later
    #2344 1 year ago

Get glow in the dark for GB. They look awesome

#2345 1 year ago

Just finished up doing my GOTG. Orange on flipper bats (changed bats from yellow to white) clear everywhere except the posts by the ramps which I did in blue. I have a complete ring kit written down I'll add it to the site soon.

IMG_4895 (resized).JPG

IMG_4898 (resized).JPG

IMG_4896 (resized).JPG

IMG_4900 (resized).JPG

IMG_4903 (resized).JPG

1 week later
    #2353 1 year ago
    Quoted from djoverpour:

Anyone else have any problems with the Titan sleeves not holding up? I just bought a bunch of color combos on the Black Friday sale, and after 100 plays on GotG, most of the post sleeves on the bottoms of the ramps are shredded. Maybe the purple ones are softer or somethin?

I have blue ones on my GOTG and they are shredded to and need to be changed already.

#2373 1 year ago
    Quoted from djoverpour:

Do you think the standard post sleeves would fit on GOTG at the bottom of the ramps?

They will fit, but it going to make the gap shot even tighter. I am going to put some on mine, until i can get my hands on some superband slim sleeves ill try to remember to grab a picture when i do.

3 months later
    #2393 1 year ago

Did my IMDN last night in Titan and mirror blades.

IMG_5501 (resized).JPG

IMG_5502 (resized).JPG

IMG_5503 (resized).JPG

IMG_5505 (resized).JPG

IMG_5506 (resized).JPG

IMG_5507 (resized).JPG

IMG_5508 (resized).JPG

IMG_5512 (resized).JPG

#2395 1 year ago

Ill get the complete kit uploaded to the site as soon as its updated with Iron Maiden as a select able game to make a kit for.

#2400 1 year ago

Harder. They are too soft and they shred when the post takes a lot of hard, direct hits. The original stern slim posts are just plastic like polyethylene or polypropylene.

I had put some slims on my guardians and they didn't last more then a couple of weeks at the location. As i was putting all of these on i was wondering if i would have the same issue as i bought them all at around the sametime. Are the current ones in stock the harder ones? If so i will probably place an order to have some on hand.

#2402 1 year ago

The ones I have on hand are all the original ones. They are as hard as silicone can get and still be silicone and they can still shred under the right circumstances. I'm waiting on mfg samples and when I get them I'll send you some to test for me if you are willing

You know it! Send those bad boys out and ill toss them on the machines and report findings.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 65.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 50.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 10.00
    $ 10.95
    $ 269.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Lermods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    € 8.50
    $ 60.00
    $ 90.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 218.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 44.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 65.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Texas Pinball
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Mods for your pinballs
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dr-willy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside