4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#943 8 years ago

Are the post cap rubbers for early sterns as well? The chart at the bottom says just for Williams and Bally.

#945 8 years ago

hey thanks a lot and thanks for the rubber rings help for Stars.

#947 8 years ago

I like your rubber kit database where you can see what others have done with rubbers. I wish there was one for LED lights.

#956 8 years ago

If I buy the kit I make, do I get the discount? Maybe I just made a kit that people were looking for.

#968 8 years ago

What game is that last pic?

#973 8 years ago

I like their website but I wish the ring diagrams were readily available so you could color them accordingly. And I'm still hoping for an LED kit database where we can share our ideas for LED setups.

#985 8 years ago

Got mine in the mail last Friday. Now just have to put the machine back together.

2 weeks later
#1020 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Final pics of my Escape project in silicone. Let's see how they hold up on location!

That game looks so awesome and I'm not just talking about the Titan rings.

#1024 8 years ago

Crash, where do you have your games on location? A place you own? A touristy spot like Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg?

1 week later
#1031 8 years ago

What size rings would go on mini flippers like these?

image-5.jpgimage-5.jpg

#1033 8 years ago

I have looked at the manual and it doesn't say anything about those smaller flipper rubbers.

I'll probably just try some different ring sizes I have lying around to see which one fits. It's round rubber not flat rubber like the regular flippers. What does the mini flipper rubbers and the 3/8 flipper rubbers fit?

#1038 8 years ago
Quoted from shimoda:

I've used 1" rings on those.

Thanks, I'll try those.

#1058 8 years ago
Quoted from mr2xbass:

3/8 is for most Gottlieb flippers (3/8 width).
Mini flippers would be like on TAF, the flipper on the left above the in/out lanes.
There's also the beaded flipper which the rubber is flat on the outside and has a bead all the way around the inside that fits into a groove on the flipper (many Gottlieb mini flippers are beaded). IDK, maybe this is what your mini flipper needs? Unless you are saying the rubber you had on it was round like a regular ring.

Someone said 1" rings might fit and they did.

#1067 8 years ago

How does clear rubber look if you use normal GI lighting? I would imagine they would look best with color lights which would make the clear rubber kind of glow a certain color. I'm reluctant to buy them because my GI is just normal color.

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

God damn I need a tron. Haha. So badass

Yeah that thing looks awesome. I had fun watching Bowen struggle with it last night.

1 month later
#1174 8 years ago

I need to take some pics of my Stars. I'll be sure to do that tomorrow.

#1179 8 years ago

Here's my Stars. I used the colored nuts and rings which look really good.

2015-11-08-144529.jpg2015-11-08-144529.jpg
2015-11-08-144517.jpg2015-11-08-144517.jpg
2015-11-08-144459.jpg2015-11-08-144459.jpg
2015-11-08-144508.jpg2015-11-08-144508.jpg

#1183 8 years ago

I was wondering if I could convert a mid 80s Bally to use nuts instead of screws for the plastics. I don't think it would be a problem other than getting the screws with barbs on the head.

#1185 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Still didn't get my order. IF this was PBL I would have had my order by tuesday of last week.

When did you order? I got mine same week.

#1190 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's right it is first class. I have a friend that works at the post office, and they are purposely holding first class mail a day or 2, to slow it down over priority. because it didn't matter if it was first class or priority, it would arrive just as fast. So things are being slowed down now, to make priority more appealing.

That's BS.

1 week later
#1236 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

all silicone titans wipe up very easy with a little spit on a rag.

look just above that post of the tron with translucents lit up. They take on the color of the bulbs you have around them and help diffuse the light. VERY neat property and help spread the light source. I am a big fan and they look really sharp on games.
That said, full color can look nice also, but it seems many people get a bit carried away with thiking color wash it great (similar to how some do LEDs). I vote either go for a color that disappears and blends with background or go with a color that pops and accentuates the game. To me translucents are the best of both options. They dont stick out and detract from the natural beauty of a game but also provide just a hint of flare.

I thought my full color looked good. I probably wouldn't go multiple colors on too many games but I thought they matched the plastics really well.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/24#post-2787484

#1242 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I personally would have gone a single style, much like I paint all the trim in my house one color. Just personal preference and all that matters is you like it.
I think translucent woudl look really sharp on that game. If I was going to try a color I would have gone with Yellow throughout.

The nice thing about rings is they will wear out and you can try a different approach next time.

If you put translucents on all of your machines doesn't that make them less special. I think they fit really well with Tron but I'm not sure about other machines. I also like them with colored LEDs but I'm not a big fan of colored GI.

#1244 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I did just do IM in red and it looks pretty sweet!

Got any pics? I'd like to see that.

1 month later
#1340 8 years ago

I always find it interesting when people are married to someone from another country.

2 months later
#1577 8 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Im experimenting with some colors. Any thoughts on this light green on the MET pro slingshots.

IMG_20160321_173912633_(resized).jpg

Looks great.

#1593 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

My problem with Titans on flippers is that they are stickier and thus more effected by spin on the ball.

I was wondering if Phoebe had Titans on her Congo and Metallica at LAX. There was a crazy amount of spin on some of those balls.

1 month later
#1675 7 years ago

It good to see you got it sold but it's also a little sad. You guys were a joy to deal with.

2 months later
#1771 7 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

STAR POSTS! (I love star posts. Probably because they look like candy and I want to eat them.)

That's what you should start selling next. Star post candy

I received a new package of silicone rubber this week. It was fast and awesome. Sadly I bought another machine unexpectedly and it needs new rubber. Aaarrrrgghhh!

1 month later
#1823 7 years ago

How many plays do rubbers last normally?

#1827 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

For me personally the silicones have been on most of my machines since the inception of Titan and are still good. Granted, my games are home use, I think the guys who have them on route machines will give you the best answer as they get tons more play.

I mean traditional rubber not Titans.

2 months later
#1853 7 years ago
Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Can I just order an all red Diner set? Went to web page but don't see that option.
You have to enter each piece individually?

If you make a set for Diner in red and people buy it, Titan will give you a little credit towards your next purchase. When their site went up, I made a bunch of sets and I still occasionally get credit from purchases. It's pretty cool.

#1861 7 years ago

I think I'm only going to buy bulk sets from now on. I bought an organizing tool box to store them in. I'm getting tired of bringing home a new machine a day after receiving a new order from Titan.

#1864 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I think it would be nice if there was a way to take an existing rubber kit and convert it directly to a silicone kit. My game has some nice existing kits in the database, where different colors have been picked that I think look better on the machine… But I'd prefer it as a silicone kit. And don't want to mess up while reselecting 35 to 40 different silicone rings :'(
Edit: 54. 54 rings haha

I think all of the kits on Titan's website are sold with the competition rings which is silicone. Does Titan even sell rubber?

1 month later
#1920 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Just re-ringed my GB Premium with a mix of glow and clear. Much better compared to the black factory rings.

Those flippers look pretty great with gitd. Similarly transparent pink would look cool.

1 month later
#1970 7 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Allot of people would probably want these for ReplayFX

That makes me think I should bring a 4x8 sheet of blue styrofoam and just cut mats to sell right there

Titan mat looks great but I'm afraid the cost is a little prohibitive for me. I was expecting something half that. Maybe you shouldn't have made it so thick to keep the price down.

Good luck with it though. It does look comfy.

1 month later
#2038 7 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Should I go red or blue rubber for Can Crusher?

Purple.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.