4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,637 posts
  • 401 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 hours ago by freeplay3
  • Topic is favorited by 182 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 838 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190311_164340 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191857 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191908 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20190606_140851 (resized).jpg
    20190812_112800 (resized).jpg
    D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#23 4 years ago

just bought some. they look pretty cool. I will report back.

#44 4 years ago

Real sexy. Translucent is pretty awesome.

#54 4 years ago

I would say that it would be advantageous to include at least one of every type rubber in the kit and offer two color options: All of one color of your choice, or a mix determined by Titan (not sure how many colors there are)

#68 4 years ago

I can help make kits off my games. Only have a handful of games, but would be happy to figure out exactly what each game needs.

#101 4 years ago

How do I see my shipping status? I got both order confirmations but no tracking info?

#120 4 years ago

I just replaced the slings and the flipper rubber on my EBDLE. Great rubbers. I put black on the flippers and blue on the slings. Looks great and plays better. I will be buying many more of these. Thanks again Titan!

#123 4 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#178 4 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why are you using the term "competition?" I'm very interest in some of these but would really like to hear some impressions of the flipper feel.

My guess is because they are too badass to be called plain old silicone rubbers. Sounds more like a prophylactic than a pinball machine part. Marketing genius right there.

#180 4 years ago

Oh okay I didn't know that. I will second the dead bounce point as well. My reg rubbers and superbands didn't dead bounce nearly as smooth. I also get less of the random sling direct outlane bounces. Once I completely switch over the rest of my games I'll report back.

#214 4 years ago

If a run of hot pink doesn't happen I might have to get a set just to be safe haha.

#229 4 years ago

Making an order now for my EBD and Big Game. Also posting kits on the website. I'll post pics when finished installing.

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from bganzer:

Once the mini flipper and stern posts are ready, I intend to get a set for my TSPP. What do you guys think for color. Obvious choice would be yellow, but may be too much with all the yellow already on it. Stick with white?

I think pink in spots would look good. Orange in others? Red would be good too. I say get a few small sample packs one of each color and try them out.

#265 4 years ago

Purple might do well too like on the posts by the power plant stacks and around the lower playfield. Reds and yellows up by the couch.

#276 4 years ago

GITD! awesome. I don't have a use for them yet, but feel like I need to buy a bunch. Just in case.

#280 4 years ago

I really love the kit database too. Super cool idea. I hope everyone takes time to submit their creations. Especially seeing multiple setups for the same game.

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from halpain24:

I'm hoping someone can add the Star Trek Pro kit. I would if I could figure out what I need. I'm pretty new and having a hard time figuring out exactly what sizes I need to order to replace everything.

I am bad at that too. What I did was ordered a sample pack. It should have one of each size they offer and the sizes are stamped on the rings themselves. then just go through your game using the sample pack to find out what sizes go where, then decide what colors to put where. Then create the kit in the database and then use that kit to make your order to use in your game.

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from halpain24:

The one problem with that is I'd like to have them on for TPF. but, I did figure out the sizes based on the "playfield rubber parts" picture in the manual. but those numbers don't match the quantity numbers on the previous page. I may just go with that for now though and see what happens. Then if it all fits I will create a kit for it.

This is exactly why I bought a sample pack and found out the sizes and quantities for sure myself. You ignore what the manual says and use the sample kit from Titan to go rubber by rubber on your TAF and replace with what ever fits from the sample pack. Then jot down that size and keep a tally of what sizes are needed and how many of each as you go over the game. That is how I made the two kits for the two games that I submitted.

#314 4 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

I would hope so as regular easily goes more than that. The person I quoted said he thought they were "pretty durable" because they were ok at just 600 games. I just don't think such a small number means anything to durability.

well considering the product has only been around for so long, and people are obviously curious about the durability, I think Winter was just trying to speak to the fact that hey these new rubbers were played like hell for a weekend and I see no signs of wear and they clean up easy. That's about all we can say about their durability for now. Time will tell if they last as long or longer than other options.

#317 4 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

T3 just finished in clear. AC/DC next in red with clear accents maybe.
    017.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
    018.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
    021.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
    023.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
    025.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Great looking game dude.

#319 4 years ago

Here is my EBDLE with blues everywhere

DSC01056.JPGDSC01057.JPGDSC01058.JPGDSC01059.JPGDSC01060.JPGDSC01061.JPGDSC01062.JPGDSC01063.JPGDSC01064.JPGDSC01066.JPGDSC01088.JPGDSC01089.JPGDSC01090.JPGDSC01091.JPGDSC01093.JPGDSC01094.JPGDSC01095.JPG

#320 4 years ago

Big with greens everywhere and red wrapped posts. Sorry I couldn't get to a few of the posts. Also, my Big Game doesn't look as nice as the EBDLE.

DSC01087.JPGDSC01067.JPGDSC01069.JPGDSC01071.JPGDSC01071.JPGDSC01072.JPGDSC01073.JPGDSC01074.JPGDSC01075.JPGDSC01076.JPGDSC01077.JPGDSC01078.JPGDSC01079.JPGDSC01080.JPGDSC01081.JPGDSC01082.JPGDSC01083.JPGDSC01084.JPGDSC01085.JPGDSC01086.JPG

#325 4 years ago
    Quoted from hawkeye11:

Hope these things rock. Drank too much the other night, read this thread and ordered a bunch.

You won't regret it. Nothing better than drunken presents to yourself.

#338 4 years ago
    Quoted from tasman:

Just wondering how do these flipper rubbers compare to the Supper-Band flipper rubbers? just received my silicone set and not sure if I want to replace the Supper-Band ones.
    Thanks

They are ten times better IMO. They feel just like real rubber, and play just like it or even better. Superbands look great, but play terrible IMO.

#342 4 years ago
    Quoted from bemmett:

Can you expand as to why? I feel super bands play great and I have continued to prefer them, I'm curious what makes these "feel/play better" than them? Are you saying these new ones play like regular rubbers and not like superbands? Or fall somewhere in between superbands and regular rubbers in terms of the way they play?

Yeah. I prefer regular rubbers to superbands. I don't like how superbands feel sticky and super slow. These are bouncy and fast like regular rubbers. Also, I feel like dead bounces are never consistent on superbands. They look awesome, but don't play that way IMO. If superbands were all I played on, I would get used to them, but I just prefer the play of regular rubbers and these new silicone ones. I don't think Titan's are exactly like reg rubbers, but close enough and look way better and hopefully will last way longer too.

#358 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

How long does it usually take for an order to ship, I placed one last Monday but still hasn't shipped?

check your paypal activity. when it ships there is a confirmation number that pops up there. I never receive emails saying that my orders have shipped. My guess is your order has already shipped.

#361 4 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I didn't use pay pal, the order history on the website has the shipped field as no.

Gotcha. My statuses for shipment never changed to yes, and I got my shipments within a week for the 4 purchases that I have made so far. I would email or PM titan with your order number and inquire about it.

#369 4 years ago

I just realized that my drop targets on my Big Game are bricking from time to time on using these rubbers. I have them pulled extra tight behind the drops to help prevent, but it doesn't completely eliminate the bricking like when I tried the same tactic with normal rubbers. I will keep tinkering with them, but just wanted to throw that out there.

#375 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Loosen the posts behind the drops.
    Push the posts away from the drops as you tighten them back down.
    That extra 2mm of clearance is all it takes.

Thanks vid!

#383 4 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Wouldn't gitd rubbers require light to "charge" them? Even then, wouldn't that charge be relatively limited? I wouldn't think they'd be very visible under normal gi unless the game blacks out during play. That's not to say they shouldn't be made.

Great point. Depending on the photoluminescent qualities, that would tell you how long they hold a charge. I've played around with GITD vinyl and that stuff stays charged and glows way longer if charged with UV light. I wonder if this is the same. Again, in order for these to serve a good purpose, in my mind, would be if they were used in a game that has modes or moments when the light are very dim or even completely off.

2 weeks later
    #421 4 years ago

I wish I had more games to put these rubbers in. Fan-tas-tic!

1 week later
    #435 4 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

Cool bazaar Jim. Never seen/played before seems to have a lot going on with the zipper flippers and all
    Nice to know about the downsizing. It would be nice if everyone helped Titan get a conversion chart together if that is the case. Likely more noticeable with larger rings would be my guess.

Just as long as everyone is updating the kit database for each conversion they do, this shouldn't be an issue.

#443 4 years ago
    Quoted from seven:

Glow in the dark things are black light reactive.

kind of. they get charged big time from black lights, but they don't glow like say white out paint does while under black light. I believe these glow in the dark rubbers will be charged by light, then you will see the glow when the lights are turned off.

#460 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I hate rubbers... after only 2 months this happens on both slings on Baywatch. It also looks like someone puked all over it too.
    image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

I think some yellow Titans would look awesome on baywatch.

#467 4 years ago

Well if these rings stand the test of time/longevity test, we may very well be saying, "I need to put new Titans in my game." Or better yet, "I need to switch my game to Titans." as they will be the go to for any collector/operator

#483 4 years ago
    Quoted from KeithinMI:

Has anyone done a MM, CV, Totan, or ToM with these? I'm going to bite the bullet and place a big order, but just wanted to know if someone had a 'parts list' so I can just click off what I need on the site.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/3056

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/4913

Nothing submitted for TOM or CV yet. Maybe you can submit a kit for those when you do them? Titan gives a discount on the ring purchase if you submit a kit for the game too.

3 weeks later
    #551 4 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

still no pink on the website.

I am going to leave these off the site for a couple of weeks to make sure Pinsiders have the first crack at them.
    To get these, place an order on titanpinball.com for the sizes you want and choose "other" as your color.
    Then, shoot us an email (contact@titanpinball.com) detailing what colors you would like.

Per Mark's earlier post.

#583 4 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Went crazy. Ordered rubber for all five of my games (Tron, Met Pro, Xmen LE, Comet, Crescendo). I apologize in advance to people wanting GITD rubber for the massive kit of rubber that Crescendo takes lol. 33 rubbers, 19 of which are 5/16"! =P

You won't be disappointed. I love this stuff.

#584 4 years ago
    Quoted from williams:

Got the pinks today. They look sharp!

Got some pics?

#591 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I installed them on early 80s Bally flippers and they were a little tight going on. These fatter bats use the same size as standard flippers correct?

Yep. They worked fine on my EBD and Big Game (early stern has the same flippers as early bally)

1 week later
    #627 4 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Now if people will just post some pictures of their TZ and FH games with titan rings on them so I can get some ideas I will order faster.

Are they posted in the kit database? If not, maybe no one has used them in those games yet. I would say that since there hasn't been a single bad review, you have little to fear. Just get a variety of colors that you think might work and save the ones you don't use for future games.

1 week later
    #681 4 years ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I wish they would print the sizes on the bags with shipping and they wouldn't mix the rubbers together when purchasing. It sure makes it easier to find things.

I think the sizes are on the rings themselves.

#684 4 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

They are, but some rubbers depending on color and size can be very difficult to read the small font.

Oh I see what you're saying. My bad.

1 week later
    #699 4 years ago

Looking to make and order for my new acquisition. Fire! Has those cone shaped rubbers on either side of the ramps. Are these available? I thought I saw you were getting them, but didn't see them on the new site.

#701 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

I believe they are about a month out from production on the conical posts.

Thanks crash!

#706 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully, everyone put in the stock colors in their kits.
    If you don't like the colors, open a second Firefox window and just order the parts in the colors you need them- using the kit as your reference.

The two kits I submitted were for my specific tastes. Not stock. However I believe multiple kits can be made for the same game, so other people can submit different kits that they made to their tastes. That provides more options to others.

I do like the idea of be able to change the colors of a kit once it is in your cart though. Seems easy enough to implement.

#713 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Can anyone else with Competition flipper bands installed on this game check on this to verify?

I cannot comment on TAF, but I had this happen on Big Game as well. Nothing too crazy, but I noticed the ball guide cutting into the ring. I adjusted the guide and it seems to miss the ring now. I will keep an eye on it.

#716 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

I've already placed two orders, and I'm planning a third... and I've only finished one game.
    I'm finding it to be a lot like installing LEDs in a game. I buy some, guessing at what will look best, then find that different colors actually look better than the ones I originally thought.

I agree. I already have about 2 dozen loose rings that aren't being used. I find they are good to have around to quickly throw on a new game that has worn out old rings so that I can at least play right away and make it look right later when I get time to order the rings I want for that specific game. Pretty much the same for my LED stash. Cannot have too many haha.

#740 4 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Here's a few pictures of my games in progress. I had planned on purple in TOTAN and green in SS, but as you can see, I'm leaning toward light blue in both. Green only on the SS slings.
    20150702_175748.jpg
    20150702_175738.jpg
    20150702_175535.jpg
    20150702_175726.jpg
    20150702_175702.jpg

Looking good. For some reason, love color matching the star posts. But honestly, these rings look great everywhere any color. Haha.

#772 4 years ago

Feel free to use any pics I have posted.

#774 4 years ago
    Quoted from gabegabegabe:

I would be interested in having the rubber rings for slings on classic stern games made, I believe they are non-standard, 1.75".

Standard size sling rings fit fine on my big game.

3 weeks later
    #806 4 years ago
    Quoted from VolunteerPin:

My buddy put the competition rings on one of his pins and I loved them. I'm going to be making an order soon. Any Pinside discounts currently running?

10% off if you make a kit.

2 weeks later
    #862 4 years ago
    Quoted from cireone:

There is a scene in Trainspotting where the main character did what your EBD did.

if by shit the bed you mean shitting all over the walls while people were eating breakfast, then yes, just like his EBD. haha. okay back to Titan rings.

#868 4 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Maybe I missed it on the site or in this thread but has anyone put new rubbers on their Avengers LE? I'm looking for a count before I pull everything or order sizes I don't need.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/4983

#871 4 years ago
    Quoted from rcbrown316:

20150813_004457_resized.jpg

Nice! Your lighting looks a lot like my EBD.

1 week later
    #954 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

My orders came in today. I didn't expect both in one day, great timing! Everything is packed very well. Really like the new colors I'm trying.

I agree. I ordered mine late Thursday night, just got them. Also trying orange for the first time and they look great!

#958 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

If I buy the kit I make, do I get the discount? Maybe I just made a kit that people were looking for.

Yes. For every kit you make you get a discount on that purchase.

#963 4 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

That the second time I have seen GITD. What is it?

Glow In The Dark

#974 4 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like their website but I wish the ring diagrams were readily available so you could color them accordingly. And I'm still hoping for an LED kit database where we can share our ideas for LED setups.

I think an LED version is so much more involved when we are talking about games that can have over 100 bulbs and you could have 10-20 different types of bulbs easily. Plus it's hard to get LED setups to take good pictures or videos so others can see what that configuration truly looks like.

3 weeks later
    #1019 4 years ago
    Quoted from dawasa:

Do the black silicone rubbers give off black like standard black rubbers?

I have black rings on my EBDLE and it got played a ton for a weekend at the Cleveland pinball show. No wear on the rings or black crap everywhere. Really the only wear I could see was to my new drop targets that got pummeled all weekend haha. Also had my Big Game there with Green and Red rings on it. I just had to wipe down the sling rings, and the flipper rings, and they look like new!

1 week later
    #1030 4 years ago
    Quoted from MMP:

Bought my first set of Titan rings last week. I really like how they play and look... I got black for the rings and yellow for flips.
    Titan MET.jpg

Steelers flippers. Yuck. Haha. Jk. Looks cool. I like the yellows Titan has.

#1036 4 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I green'd up my AFM...added my kit to the titan DB as well if anyone else wants it!

63609765-2050-4AA7-AA42-3A07855B4DEA1.jpg IMG_06841.jpg FA4F4602-593C-4E7F-BDAB-E68F5B08E26F1.jpg

Looks great!

#1064 4 years ago

Just got done rebuildin the flippers on my Fire! Got the orange bats and orange Titans going. image.jpeg

#1066 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

Here's Stargate with clear slings. I'm addicted to clear!IMG_20150926_121317278.jpg

Clear is the new black buddy!

#1070 4 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Cleared my Tron yesterday. They look great.
    image.jpeg

God damn I need a tron. Haha. So badass

#1073 4 years ago
    Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

To be fair I've done a lot more than just put Titans on it - lol

Oh I know. Looks great!

3 weeks later
    #1096 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

Has any one else noticed how much grip you get between the flipper rubber and the ball?? I love it!!! On my machines I can actually catch the ball most times when it contacts the rubbers and slow it down ,or bring it to a stop to cradle. Also with that added grip I can aim most of my shots precisely where I want them to go.

I don't notice any difference between these and regular rubbers in this regard.

#1099 3 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

What rubber did you have before? After recently playing some games on location I did notice the flipper rubbers felt different, including being more grippy, only to learn later they were Titan rings. But considering most claim that is not the case so I don't know who to believe. I'll have to try some myself.

Yeah I guess I shouldn't have said no difference, but the difference between Titans and regular rubbers is so much less than superbands it's night and day.

You get great dead bounces with them (Titans), and the ball doesn't stick to them and crawl down the flipper bat like SBs.

2 weeks later
    #1208 3 years ago

Can we get the 100 piece bulk set in translucent? It's not letting me pick it.

#1211 3 years ago

Cool thanks. I am making an order now and you can just put black
    3/8s in there. I will note that in the comments as I checkout too. thanks!

2 weeks later
    #1256 3 years ago
    Quoted from akm:

Has anyone had any issues with Titan sling rubbers snapping? One I bought for my TSPP about two months ago just snapped, and there's one on my IM right now that looks like it's about to go.

Are you sure you bought the competition rings and not the rubbers? The rubbers are just regular colored rubber rings. Make sure you bought the right kind as I haven't had any issues either.

#1264 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

One of my competition slingshot rubbers on my Star Trek Pro started to split early, but I moved it around a little bit so the split area wasn't on the post, and it has held up. The other is doing fine. I've had just two others in different areas on Star Trek and another pin start to split just a little around a post, but I have some extras just in case. It is great of Titan to be so awesome with the warranty, but I don't think it is necessary unless I have repeated failures. I did want to try going up a size for the slings to help prevent this, but the rings went in .5" increments instead of .25" increments at those sizes so I'm not sure if that will be too big.

Yeah I have noticed that if you stretch too much they turn white at the points that touch the posts. I changed to a larger ring as I was afraid that would cause breakage. Not sure if that's you situation, but maybe going a size up will help with the splitting.

2 weeks later
    #1308 3 years ago
    Quoted from bstyles:

Stronger isn't better. Accurate reproduction of the original rubber tip's properties is important. Twilight Zone is a perfect example of the need for a very light plunge.

You can light plunge with these fine. They have more bounce to them but it's not insane.

2 months later
    #1511 3 years ago

My GOT Pro was at LAX all weekend. No breaks of my translucent rings and blue and black flipper rubbers and they wiped completely clean when I got back. They look brand new still. The game was played over 500 times.

#1515 3 years ago

My the translucent ring on my right sling of GOT started to split at the post from all the post passing I've been doing. I just rotated the split to the inlane. Other than that, these still look brand new after almost 1,000 games!

#1520 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Hey chuck, got any pics of your GOT PRO with the titans? I'm considering it but the game plays so great with the factory rubber that I'm not sure why I'd want to change it.

Sure. I will take some pictures and post tonight. I need to take apart my ram mech anyway as on of the screws holding the ram cover on has worked its way loose.

The main reason why I switched was all the black crud all over my playfield from the stock rubbers after only like 50 plays. Ball trails too. Ever since I put Titans on, I don't see any of that. They do collect dirt, but easy as all get out to clean.

#1521 3 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpegThis has to be at the top of the list of games that needs very few rings. I didn't take the pops area as I only changed the two rings that are at the pops area exit. I left the top lanes stock.

#1526 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for posting. Looks bitchin. I was thinking white too for GOT PRO which is my main motive for asking for pics. Thanks!

These are the clear ones buddy. The white ones are white.

#1530 3 years ago

In my opinion you're not going to tell much of a difference switching to Titans. All the flipper tricks work fine with them. The flipper rings might be a tad stickier than reg rubber, but nothing like superbands. Dead bounces are fine, and post passing works as it should.

#1532 3 years ago
    Quoted from Eskaybee:

hate superbands. Don't want em. Don't use em.

So do I. Every one of my games is full of Titans.

2 weeks later
    #1584 3 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballocks:

Thank you to Matt @ Titan for all your help. I'll be placing an order shortly. Great customer service.

You putting some on LW3?

#1587 3 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

- The Flippers wouldn't 'dead bounce pass', which caused me to turn off a few machines and walk away. If you take that move away from me in pinball, I'm done.

This is very surprising as I have tried every color of flipper rings that Titan offers in the competition silicone and dead bouncing is exactly the same as regular rubber, if not more bouncy. I have had orange on one of my games for a long time and dead bounce constantly on that game. I am a player first and foremost, and if these didn't dead bounce, I would've tossed them after the first game. Makes me wonder why you couldn't on the game you played. very weird.

#1595 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was wondering if Phoebe had Titans on her Congo and Metallica at LAX. There was a crazy amount of spin on some of those balls.

If I remember correctly she likes to put superbands on all her games.

2 weeks later
    #1640 3 years ago

Got a picture? I've put purple on multiple games and I don't see any white when stretching them out.

#1642 3 years ago

Mine had minor splitting at the same spot and I just rotated the ring. Has been fine for the past 500 plays or so.

#1644 3 years ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

Thanks for the tip. Did you move the split part around another post or keep it between the posts?

Between. Turned it so it was in the inlane instead.

#1651 3 years ago
    Quoted from d0n:

I ordered the titan competition ring set. It was about $51 as I remember. They sure feel like silicone. I only noticed the white stretching issue on the many star posts. Maybe they substituted some rubber rings due to a shortage? Who knows.

Ahh. Maybe that's why I haven't notice this too. I've only used purple on larger rings, not for star posts.

4 months later
    #1805 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks! I'll try it and report back. I love the look, but if that ramp shot doesn't get better, I may have to switch back. I'll still keep the Titan rings on the rest of the playfield.

Honestly on mine the tack goes away after they get a little dirty. If brand new or freshly cleaned, they have that slow down of the ball as it runs down the flipper bat.

2 months later
    #1862 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think I'm only going to buy bulk sets from now on. I bought an organizing tool box to store them in. I'm getting tired of bringing home a new machine a day after receiving a new order from Titan.

My past two orders have been bulk. I tend to run out of the various post sleeves and small post rings first though. Maybe get additional amounts of those.

#1879 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Here is my TAF rebuild with Light Blue Thoughts?

Very nice!!

1 month later
    #1912 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I recently had a titan flipper rubber snap on my route metallica, but it took a while id say it had 1200-1500 plays on it.
    Out of curiosity does anyone else have frequent braking with the clears? They brake 2-3x more often any other color i have, and its not a number of plays things as i have monitored the machines. Im not complaining, just curious, i still love the clear is just looks so good on some machines.

I've had a couple start to split, rotated them and have had no more splitting. It's weird cause on the new orientation of the rings they haven't split at all and they have thousands of plays more that the original orientation. These were both slingshot rings that were splitting right where you post pass.

#1919 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Thats understandable, however why is clear breaking more then all the others when the others have more plays on them?

Or when one part of the ring splits then after rotation no more splittage. Weird.

#1926 2 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

That is weird. One thing I have really learned about the silicone is that if a ring starts to split (not fraying or abrasion), it usually fails very quickly. This can be a result of wear if your rings have a lot of games on them or it's a ring that gets hit hard often. I have seen some natural rubber slings that are soooo close to breaking on a game, and they lasted another hundred games. Fraying or abrasion usually holds up for a while, but a fray can turn to a split. I have 2" glow slings on GB Prem and the corners by the flippers are getting rally beat up. These rings are up to about 900 games (guessing), but the thing is they play just fine still. AFM has the same frayed corners on the little ring by the pop bumpers. I reset it around Oct 15 and it's at 1527 plays. Still going strong! So, my experience has been that as the rubber wears and shows fraying or abrasion, the silicone performs at least as good or better as would a worn natural rubber. I think due to how shiny and bright the silicone is, it's much more obvious when a ring starts to show wear. We're about to do a Safe Cracker so we'll keep track of audits and observations on it too...
    Regardless, if you have any issues, don't hesitate to ask (contact@titanpinball.com) and if rings break or do any other weird shit, and they are not 8-10 months or older, please let me know and I will send you a replacement!

Thanks! I have these on all 8 of my games and with the exception of one or two, I have seen no wear. Love these things!!

2 weeks later
    #1940 2 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the purpose of the thinner rubber to reduce the bowing or is there some other reason for it?

I use it for slight ball hop issues too.

#1942 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not sure if I'm placing chuckwurt's icon correctly, but can't help but thinking this when I see it: "Doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, and doctor. Well, did we miss anybody?"

Right actor wrong movie it's from Fletch

1 week later
    #1967 2 years ago

You should set up a booth at pinburgh. Haha

1 week later
    #1978 2 years ago

Made a huge order recently. Not sure if I've shared this yet, but during NFL season all my flipper rubbers get the black and orange treatment (Huge Bengals fan). When football ends and my attention is fully on my UK Wildcats my flippers get the Blue White treatment. Every game in the collection. Haha.

IMG_5549 (resized).JPG

#1982 2 years ago

I love seeing those flipper rings packed like that. Heather enjoys it too... She's great. And it's her birthday today! I'm going to make some size stickers soon as many of you have suggested. We'll figure out how to get them into orders for free.

That would be awesome. My last order consisted of 10 each of all the sizes up to 1" so that I would make a chart of what each size is most commonly used for. All I saw on this site was corresponding part numbers. I think it would be more helpful to say these are used for star posts or these are used for metal posts, etc. I apologize if this stuff is already there. Entirely possible I missed it.

#1987 2 years ago

Yes! TITAN10 will save 10% off rubber, balls and decal products.
    I have updated the part number cross reference chart to include some information and dimensions! check it out and let me know if I have left anything out or if there are any questions!
    https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Looks great! Thank you.

1 week later
    #2018 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

My Getaway is all decked out in new red Titan rings (previously had red posts with clear rings).

Fantastic sir. Very very well done.

3 weeks later
    #2043 2 years ago

Walking dead and WCS dont play nice with Titan shinys either.

The regular sleeves of balls from Marco have been okay for me (not silverjets)

Or yeah, wait until pinball life gets them back in stock.

#2045 2 years ago

I'll have super shiny balls back in stock balls by the end of April. I do have polished standard balls that are a little more shiny than your average carbon steel balls. Those work fine with magnets.

Awesome thanks for the info.

1 month later
    #2074 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Yeah the site kits are hit and miss ive heard. Have you thought about buying their bulk kit? its rather cheap considering how much you get in comparison and should be enough rings do 2-3 games with.

Since I use clear or black on every game I do, I buy the bulk kits almost every time I order.

4 weeks later
    #2109 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Finally did my GoT LE in Yellow! So purty!

Great thing about GOT, especially the pro, you can do a game with not much more than a sample pack. Haha

1 month later
    #2151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

So I have a question.
    I purchased an order for my Meteor before the company changed hands. I just placed my second order beginning of this month, which was only flipper rubbers.
    The flipper rubbers I got in this order are deader and shinier - these really look like super-bands. Was there a change in the manufacturing process? Or did I order the wrong bands?

They should have a Titan stamp on them. Got a pic?

#2153 2 years ago

Cool. Pretty sure they only offer silicone now and those look like the blues I have been ordering a lot recently. Haven't noticed any changes in them. I mostly get translucent and flipper rings though.

#2165 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

"Don't get it" how?
    Perfect example for me -
    Twilight Zone. Lock's lit, or EB is lit. Ball is in the slot scoop. Ball get kicked out.. It hits the lower-right flipper. DON'T flip. Ball bounces across to the left flipper. Catch ball, then make shot right up into the Lock.
    That's a 'dead flip', and something I do QUITE often. On other games as well. With 'dead' rubber, you can't do that - the ball doesn't bounce, so when it hits that right flipper, it rolls down the drain.
    With these latest Titans in my TZ - I can't do this. Bounce isn't great enough to get it over to the let flipper. Red rubber, it does. Hell, this weekend I can ever record a video to show the difference, if wanted.

Please do. The the main reason I pick Titan over superbands is that they dead bounce incredibly well, like better than real rubber. I get perfect dead bounces from a ball that is barely even moving. So confused by this post. But then again I'm mainly playing new sterns early SS and EMs. I only have one WPC game.

#2167 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I will make a video this weekend. (Can't until then because of work projects.)
    Like I mentioned above - I got some titans for my Meteor back beginning of the year, and they seem to be much more bouncy than the ones I just got. In a different color, maybe that can affect them? I dunno. I'm confused myself. So for the time being, I went back to rubber. I still have them, and will shoot a few vids this weekend.

Cool thanks.

2 weeks later
    #2192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys -
    Here's a completely unscientific, long, and boring video. I'm not a videographer, I can barely take photographs without them comin' out messed up. So, ignore the technical quality of it, please.
    » YouTube video
    First are the Titans.
    Then come the Reds.
    Then, just for kicks (you don't have to watch it) are blue rubbers - old Gottlieb rubbers. (My favorite, personally!)
    You can see the difference - the blue rubbers are hugely bouncy, then followed by the red rubbers, and finally, the Titans. They DO still bounce, but it's not as much as the Red, may be on-par with black.
    And yes, I need to aim my slot kickout. It's far out of alignment.

Just my point. No noticeable difference. Hahaha. Seriously you can tell a difference? I can't. I guess that's why I like the play of Titans so much.

1 week later
    #2204 2 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

My shooter cap just disintegrated I checked my order history and I bought it December 2015 so I'm not looking for a replacement and I more than got my moneys worth at .99 cents. I'm more just curious because it seems to have become like brittle or crumbly. Was playing and heard a metal on metal sound and was like what was that. Opened the machine up and the cap had completely come apart it. None of the other rubbers I bought at the same time are like this they are all still soft and perfect. Just my shooter cap has broken down.
    Any one else seen that before?

Not me. Is your shooter rod rough or have a burr on it that may have caused the Titan to get chewed up?

1 month later
    #2241 2 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey Titan! Will y'all be at Expo? I need 3 complete sets of translucents for all 3 of my machines. I believe there are kits for MET and ACDC. Looking at my manual (and machine) for I500 to figure out that one. Just wondering if I'm better off buying the kits, in bulk, or buying them all separately. Any advice appreciated...thanks.

I buy mine in bulk. Especially if you are planning on using translucent on everything.

#2256 2 years ago

Try 2 1/2.

The Titan size chart is a great resource.

IMG_6750 (resized).PNG

#2258 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Arrrg! Didn’t even see that recommendation. Thanks.

Yeah I always forget about it and I was one of the ones calling for it! Haha

#2261 2 years ago
    Quoted from TheHueManatee:

Where'd you get that chart on their website? I can't seem to locate it.
    I would like to double check my TFTC order before finalizing it.
    Thanks

When you click on the Titan competition rings section it's below the pictures of all the rings. Just keep scrolling.

2 months later
    #2355 1 year ago
    Quoted from Fremen:

I am getting ready to replace all my rubber rings on my Williams Indiana Jones. Originally I was going to just stick with all white. But I am intrigued by the translucent rings. Can anyone give any feedback on the translucent rings, whether specifically to IJ or other similar machines?
    BTW, i have mostly incandescent bulbs in the game, so not sure if that makes a difference as well. Thank you

Translucent rings are all I use. Love them.

#2356 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have blue ones on my GOTG and they are shredded to and need to be changed already.

Seems like the superbands are best for super high wear posts that get pounded. Not sure I’ve ever heard one of those breaking. Haha

#2358 1 year ago

I don’t think any color of 2 1/4 are available yet. I’m patiently waiting. I want a ton of them.

2 months later
    #2381 1 year ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Any specific games that use 2-1/4 rings?

I’m going to put these on all my sling shots.

#2384 1 year ago
    Quoted from thundergod76:

I've been using the 2 1/2" slings since the 2 1/4" ones weren't available. I haven't had any issues. Should I switch?

Depends. In some situations the ball can get caught behind the sling because they are too loose. Some games the ball can have trouble running down the inlane. Just depends. If you’re experiencing no issues, stay the course. I like my slings tight, but 2” were too tight and caused breaks.

1 year later
    #2622 51 days ago
    Quoted from Crile1:

Is one color stronger than the others? For example, are black Titans stronger than say a blue or red?

I haven’t noticed a difference.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,199.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 39.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 10.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 39.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 79.99
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 26.50
    $ 14.50
    Electronics
    PinballElectronics.com
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 495.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Boards
    PCB Emporium
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 79.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 79.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 6.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider chuckwurt.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside