4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1102 8 years ago

why are you buying rubber sets on ebay? Should be buying from pinball life. he has the best prices on white rubber around.

#1108 8 years ago

$18 Seems high for a game. When you buy rubber a ring at a time. Usually costs around $7-8 per game, depending. I do not like titan flipper rubber, but for rings, they might have similar feel to white rubber. Unless they changed the formula again for a 3rd time. Wouldnt' mind trying rings out.

#1116 8 years ago

fine I bit the bullet and ordered some for a game. Going to give them a shot and see how they do. I know i'm not a fan of the flipper rubber, but rings have a different type of interaction, which won't be as noticeable as flippers are.

#1123 8 years ago

I didnt' see a difference on the website. IS there only one kind?

#1135 8 years ago

just reviewed my order. They were the competition ones. This is basically a test run of rubber for me. If they don't perform, it will be the last order I ever do from them.

1 week later
#1184 8 years ago

Still didn't get my order. IF this was PBL I would have had my order by tuesday of last week.

#1189 8 years ago

that's right it is first class. I have a friend that works at the post office, and they are purposely holding first class mail a day or 2, to slow it down over priority. because it didn't matter if it was first class or priority, it would arrive just as fast. So things are being slowed down now, to make priority more appealing.

#1191 8 years ago

i agree, but it's happening. Not every hub does it, but many of them do it.

#1194 8 years ago

got my order today. I'll install them and see how well it goes.

#1202 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

You could throw 3/16" rings on a 5/16" post, you could use 1" in place of 1 1/4", etc, but it changes game play by stretching a rubber thinner than it was intended... posts get smaller, slings become tighter, and just not the way the game was designed. If we didn't care about things like that, there would be no reason for Titan Competition Rings to exist.

but remember. white rubber now is thicker than white rubber back in the 90's. So if you stretch a 2 1/2 in a 2 3/4 space. the rubber is actually closer to actual diameter to original or black rubber. I don't use guides when shopping out a game. Basically, I just look at the post configuration and pretty much can tell right away what size its suppose to have on it. Sometimes the guides or playfield printing doesn't match anyway, because the game was revised after the art or manual was printed.

#1205 8 years ago

well the titans I just got stretch really well. Havn't put them on yet, but I dont' see a reason why they wouldn't.

1 week later
#1234 8 years ago

well I got them on spooky now. I do notice the ball does react differently. I do not like the flipper rubbers, so I have normal flipper rubber on. But I do notice from the posts and slings, that the ball gets a lot more spin than it normally would. Not set on changing all my games to these.

#1240 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

I personally got Titan rings because I wanted my rubbers to feel more like red rubbers. I used to have purple rubbers on my WCS, STTNG, and Shadow and it was bounce-tacular. The Titans make them feel soo much more normal.

red rings? where do you get those in normal rubber?

The flipper rubbers for titan are still not like real rubber. Way better than shitterbands, but still not the same. So I will continue to use regular rubber on all my flippers.

the rings. Still not sure 100%, played the hell out of spooky last night. Ball does some crazy stuff, but it does with new white rubber too, so i'm going to let it dirty up some before I judge.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider captainneo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=captainneo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.