4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1597 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was wondering if Phoebe had Titans on her Congo and Metallica at LAX. There was a crazy amount of spin on some of those balls.

I have all Super-Bands on my games, and Metallica actually has all Super-Rings, Bands and Posts on it. (sorry some of the posts are Cliffy's!) I don't have Titans on any of my games, they seem fine, I played Erik's GOT at LAX. It played fine with Titans Flipper bands. I was able to dead bounce, post pass and everything else I normally do...but I can also do the same things on my games with Super-Bands. Some of my older games with Super-Bands don't dead bounce or post pass, but then they never did that with regular rubber either. I think there are alot of other factors that come into play on each game as far as dead bounces and post passes and other game play related moves. I think it has more to do with the actual machine than it does what type of "rubber" (I know some are not actually rubber) the pin has on it. I know with Super-Bands when they are clean, they can be really fast and sometimes hard to control but a playfield freshly cleaned is just as evil, so add them both together and it makes for a really fast hard game! That being said, I always clean my playfields and Super-Bands before I take them to a show, so I'm sure that for the first few games before they get a bit of dirt on them they are grippier and put some mean spin on the ball. Once they have a few games on them they play just fine.

I hear all this "stuff" about how this flipper rubber doesn't play right and that one feels like it's too easy or cheating, and you can't dead bounce or post pass with this one...I (don't consider myself a great player) have played many different types of flipper bands, and they all have their differences. Any player can and should be able to adjust to whatever is on the game. I have had Super-Bands on my games form the beginning (had prototypes on MET before they were released actually put them on right out of the box) My Metallica has had these same bands on it for probably 6 or 7 shows and probably 7 to 8 thousand games and they still look fine and clean up easy with no signs of wear.

I haven't tried any Titans, I might at some point in the future as they have some cool color choices, and I never planned on coming on their thread to talk about Super-Bands as I think that is kinda rude...but anyway, someone mentioned me and asked what I had on my games so I wanted to answer. I was waiting to see how they hold up as I have no issues with what I have. I tested Super-Bands on a couple games for awhile before I converted all my games to them.

Phoebe

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider butterflygirl24.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=butterflygirl24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.