4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#927 8 years ago

Any plans to have 1 3/4" and 2 3/4" rings? Those are unusually difficult to find considering I have multiple modern games that use them.

1 month later
#1085 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The clears look awesome on Xmen. Take my word, forgot to get pictures!

Pics or it didn't happen.

1 week later
#1098 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Has any one else noticed how much grip you get between the flipper rubber and the ball?? I love it!!!

What rubber did you have before? After recently playing some games on location I did notice the flipper rubbers felt different, including being more grippy, only to learn later they were Titan rings. But considering most claim that is not the case so I don't know who to believe. I'll have to try some myself.

#1130 8 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

No there is clearly a difference on the website. And they define it very clearly.

True, but it's still somewhat confusing to the customer...Both silicone and polyurethane rings are advertised as having the same feel as red flipper rubber (Shore A45), but the primary complaint about polyurethane is that they do not feel like regular rubber in bounce or tackiness.

#1136 8 years ago
Quoted from EricR:

There's nothing made from polyurethane listed on their site that I've ever seen. Its only silicone (competition) and colored rubber (regular). It does appear the selection of colored rubber is much smaller than it used to be before the silicone products were introduced.

Yea, Titan doesn't say what their regular rubber is made of. Superbands (polyurethane) does advertise as having the same bounce as red rubber.

#1176 8 years ago
Quoted from LynnInDenver:

The manual called for white rings - we went with clear for everything, partly to help the GI on the playfield (now LEDs), and partly because I wasn't sure bright white rings would have looked good against the patina on the playfield.

I know the feeling, I've been hesitant on bright white on several games, but I have yet to regret it after installation on any so far... keep in mind older games were designed with white rubber in mind, and particularly after many decades of dulling colors, the benefits just increase. The translucents do look good though!

#1198 8 years ago
Quoted from RoyF:

For example, I constructed a kit that contained 2-3/4" rings. Did that because that's the ring size Capcom specifies for Breakshot slings.

2 3/4" non-black rings are generally difficult to find. I have at least 3 games that need them: GNR (4), BF (1), XM (2). Would be great if Titan could produce that size.

#1200 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

just use 2 1/2 no reason for 2 3/4

You could throw 3/16" rings on a 5/16" post, you could use 1" in place of 1 1/4", etc, but it changes game play by stretching a rubber thinner than it was intended... posts get smaller, slings become tighter, and just not the way the game was designed. If we didn't care about things like that, there would be no reason for Titan Competition Rings to exist.

#1204 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

but remember. white rubber now is thicker than white rubber back in the 90's. So if you stretch a 2 1/2 in a 2 3/4 space. the rubber is actually closer to actual diameter to original or black rubber.

You may be right for pinballife white rubber, but pbr white rubber is thinner and harder than pbl rubber. Considering polyurethane rubbers aren't as pliable even as black rubber I have my doubts that 2 1/2" would work as well in place of 2 3/4". Silicone I don't know yet... been hoping 2 3/4" shows up some day because I don't have a need for 2 1/2" otherwise to risk it.

1 week later
#1241 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

The flipper rubbers for titan are still not like real rubber. Way better than shitterbands, but still not the same. So I will continue to use regular rubber on all my flippers.
the rings. Still not sure 100%, played the hell out of spooky last night. Ball does some crazy stuff, but it does with new white rubber too, so i'm going to let it dirty up some before I judge.

That's a good idea to give it some time... new rubber is always extra tacky, and even superbands get better once a little dirt gets ground in.

3 weeks later
#1284 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

We'll be bringing in some of the new, more obscure sizes after the first of the year.

2 3/4" please? I have a Sega, a DE and a Stern all waiting for that size...

1 month later
#1370 8 years ago

What is the status of new sizes? I have games specifying 2 3/4" and 1 3/4" sizes.

In the mean time it appears to be better to go up a size than down. 2.5" bands fit fine on 2" slings, and for 2 3/4" slings I'll go with 3" rather than 2.5"

#1389 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Debatable
I'd loooove to see a video of simple green or goo gone "entirely" removing rubber from a bat
on a game that is 20 years old and routed.

If I can't get it off with a rag, simple green and a finger nail, it's usually time for a replacement (faded/brittle plastic is common in that case). As such I never get to the sandpaper/dremel method.

5 months later
#1742 7 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

We skipped 1.75" on purpose because we haven't seen a case yet where 1.5" doesn't work. Let me know though! There is a first time for everything..

Considering the slings are better upsized I'm wondering if 2" is the way to go

1 week later
#1764 7 years ago

Sounds like translucent are the only ones with breakage issues... Sometimes

4 months later
#1881 7 years ago
Quoted from mattmarr:

Seems like its been a little while since someone has posted a machine redone with Titans in this thread, and here is an Iron Man and a World Cup Soccer I finished up recently

I also used light blue on IM... great choice! I am leaning toward white with WCS... we'll see.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider baiter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=baiter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.