4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 9 years ago

I just ordered a couple flipper sets to try out.

#116 9 years ago

Got my flipper rubber in yesterday. I like them so far. They sort of seem in between regular rubber and SuperBands (but probably closer to rubber) to me (as far as grip and bounce). More bounce than Super but a little less than rubber, less grip than Super. That's just my initial impression anyway.

I'll say one thing......they are WAY easier to put on!

#124 9 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

What did you put them on and what color? I'm thinking about getting them for my Star Trek Pro (I know you have one too) when I eventually do a full shop job.

I bought two red sets for my IMVE and HSII....just to try them. I think I will be ordering sets for the rest......probably blue for ST Pro.

#130 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Got my flipper rubber in yesterday. I like them so far. They sort of seem in between regular rubber and SuperBands (but probably closer to rubber) to me (as far as grip and bounce). More bounce than Super but a little less than rubber, less grip than Super. That's just my initial impression anyway.
I'll say one thing......they are WAY easier to put on!

Quick update on this; I think they dead bounce MUCH better than SuperBands. On SuperBands you could get a drain instead of a normal dead bounce from one flipper to the other....these act a lot like regular rubber in that sense. Definitely ordering more flipper bands and probably some colored slings for all my pins.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why are you using the term "competition?" I'm very interest in some of these but would really like to hear some impressions of the flipper feel.

They act FAR more like rubber than SuperBands......IMHO. I've been using them for a few days now and I think they dead bounce pass perfectly.....I really like them. The only remaining question is on longevity.

#202 9 years ago

Got the rest of my flipper rubber in and some matching slings....here's a couple quick cell phone pics:

2015_03_13_21_13_45_ProShot.jpg2015_03_13_21_13_45_ProShot.jpg

2015_03_13_21_14_14_ProShot.jpg2015_03_13_21_14_14_ProShot.jpg

Just want to reiterate that these really play like traditional rubber. If they even last half as long as SuperBands they are worth it (IMHO).

1 week later
#335 9 years ago
Quoted from tasman:

Just wondering how do these flipper rubbers compare to the Supper-Band flipper rubbers? just received my silicone set and not sure if I want to replace the Supper-Band ones.
Thanks

Sorry.....but read....that's been covered a dozen times in this thread.

Quick recap......these are much more like traditional red rubber and go on much easier.

#345 9 years ago

Kind of breaks down like this:

I you love to just trap all the time then SuperBands are for you.

If you like to dead bounce between flippers like you could with regular rubber than Titan silicone bands are for you. You can also still trap but it takes a little more skill than with SuperBands.

I liked SuperBands but the dead bounce drains were rather annoying. There were also times where the spin on the ball would spin them right off the flipper (while trying to trap) due to the extra "grippiness" of them. If you were not paying real close attention you could have balls roll right off your flipper.

2 weeks later
#401 9 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Any chance you'll be adding 4"? I'd love to add these to the STTNG slings.

I put the 3.5" on my STTNG and so far so good.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider astropin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=astropin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.