4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#728 8 years ago

I don't have a great eye for colors. Anyone want to recommend colors for MM? If I just go with black, maybe a color for the flipper rings and posts?

#765 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Are those used on ramp ends?

They are used on a lot of Stern games including LOTR. And yes, the secure with a screw and nut. Unless you get up close it looks like a rivet, but its not.

3 months later
#1084 8 years ago

The clears look awesome on Xmen. Take my word, forgot to get pictures!

Anyone done Funhouse or BSD?

#1086 8 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Haha! Sorry, it is now in the possession of Project Pinball destined for a children's hospital somewhere.

I should note that the clears work very well for two things. First they let a lot of GI light through to help light the machines. Also, they take on the color of the GI lights, so they work well in games with multicolored or RGB GI lights. Here is a pic from WOZ with clear rubber and plastic protectors too. Both help the pitiful GI lighting in WOZ work better.

20151017_153641.jpg20151017_153641.jpg

2 weeks later
#1115 8 years ago
Quoted from TopMoose:

Orange was an excellent choice.
PB010266.JPG
PB010263.JPG

Dang I never would have thought to put orange on that game, but it looks really great! A lot of times, modern mods like colored rubber or LEDs look tacky on an EM. Those look like they came from the Gottlieb factory!

#1146 8 years ago

Just ordered a complete set in combination of orange, blue and yellow for Funhouse. Will post pictures when complete.

#1187 8 years ago

They save you money by using First Class mail. Unfortunately that can be fast or slow depending on luck of the draw.

1 month later
#1278 8 years ago

Just finished up on Funhouse. Looks and plays great. I wiped just a bit of Novus 1 on the flipper rubbers to make them a little less grippy.

Funhouse_After_14.jpgFunhouse_After_14.jpg

Funhouse_After_15.jpgFunhouse_After_15.jpg

Funhouse_After_19.jpgFunhouse_After_19.jpg

Funhouse_After_20.jpgFunhouse_After_20.jpg

#1286 8 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

John_I, I really like the color scheme on your Funhouse. Have you considered pairing yellow and orange rings on the double stacked posts?

Interesting idea. The Funhouse has already left though. I just restored it for Project Pinball. It will be in a fundraiser this weekend in fact!

#1320 8 years ago

Personally I have found that 2 1/2 inch rings fit slingshots properly on most DMD games. Over the years I have rarely bought kits or checked the manual to see what is called out, so I am kind of surprised to hear any games call out 2 inch on slings...

1 month later
#1382 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Or 90 seconds in the ultrasonicator.

Or instantly by installing a new $4 bat since the old one is probably broken internally anyway. Thing Flip accuracy goes way up after replacing a limp old bat.

#1387 8 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Also, yes, you can buy new flipper bats, but why do so when not required?

99% of the time they are broken if you look underneath and twist them. I never, ever clean flipper bats on a modern game.

IMG_4209_(resized).JPGIMG_4209_(resized).JPG

#1391 8 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

A tad over a month ago myself and someone else asked about these. Are there any updates? My machine is unplayable without them.
5/8 inch high rubber bumper 3/4 inch outer diameter with 3/16 inch center hole

975e676a5502e6a0a7387b7acbcb96444ec671b4_(resized).jpg

Those are the ones you put on a tournament game to make an easily exploited shot a lot tougher!

1 week later
#1429 8 years ago

Here you go.

20160209_225251_(resized).jpg20160209_225251_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#1516 8 years ago
Quoted from pins4life33:

I did green rubbers on my Paragon it looks pretty sweet, especially now with the XPIN displays ties everything in really nice...

Any Paragon pictures would be appreciated.

#1552 8 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Matt, do you have plans to order more of the thin flipper rings? I really love the samples!

I've been wondering about them. How is the play compared to the regular Titans, Superbands and plain rubber?

1 week later
#1589 8 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Makes me wonder

Makes me wonder if he want playing Superbands and thought they were Titans? Titans always flipper pass. My problem with Titans on flippers is that they are stickier and thus more effected by spin on the ball. This cuts down on accuracy. I love Titans everywhere else but may soon switch back to plain rubber on flippers only.

#1600 8 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

Anybody got pics of colored rings on black hole? I'm thinking of switching mine out for blue or black or clear... Just wanted to see some examples!

Saw this the other day. There may be more buried in this thread!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/28#post-2914593

1 week later
#1620 7 years ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I'm having the same issues on some of my machines...how do we make it stop splitting on the slings?

How much are you stretching the rubbers to put them on? Most slings should use 2-1/2 inch and not 2 inch. A lot of times the manual calls for 2 inch and to me that is wrong even for normal rubbers. In all cases with Titan I try to install them by look and feel and not by what it says in the manual. I move up a size rather than force it on because I have had a couple of tight rubbers split. A normal rubber can handle stretching, but the Titans seem to do a lot better when they are not stretched much at all.

3 months later
#1751 7 years ago

Yep, that is a huge box they sent to Project Pinball. I used a bunch of bands and sleeves from that box to shop out a couple of Project Pinball machines that I volunteered to help out with. Nothing like colored bands to make a machine pop.

1 year later
#2268 6 years ago

How about Harley Davidson 2nd Edition? I'm thinking about light blue or black. My lady friend is thinking green! Anyone who is good with colors have a suggestion?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_I.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=John_I and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.