4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#464 8 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Figured that's what you meant, just being careful to avoid unintended rage at Titan after the whole snapping saturn flipper rubbers thing.

True, I mean..

If a game has all Titan rings on, and they all need to be replaced, is someone going to say, 'I need to re-silicon my game.' or will they stick with 'I need to re-rubber my game.'?

1 month later
#653 8 years ago

Strange question.. doesn't UV light hurt plastics? Why go for the blacklight LEDs then?

#656 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

What do I care if it does...they're already yellow as crap.

Oh! In that case, then no reason not to go for it.

2 months later
#925 8 years ago

Any re-reports of long-term usage?

2 months later
#1110 8 years ago
Quoted from MMP:

Before Titan I started to avoid buying rubber from PBL for the same reason... chalky and halfway dried out. Marco seemed to have a more consistent stock of rubber rings, but I really like the Titans now.

Interesting - I purchased a lot of rubbers for my TZ about 3 months ago from them, and all showed up in perfect condition. Maybe it was a bad batch that's not depleted? Dunno.. (I did NOT go for these Titans as I'm wanting some more long-term reports. )

#1150 8 years ago

Well, I placed an order - for a whole bunch of 3/8" post rubbers for my wife's Nudge-It. I'm curious to see how they are.

As an aside, Titan - You're low on stock on something - my card registered a PHP error:

Warning: file_put_contents(/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/opencart/system/logs/orders.log): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home2/titanpin/public_html/catalog/controller/module/lowstockalert.php on line 5

Not sure if that means it wasn't able to write MY order to the log, OR, if it wasn't able to write a low-stock alert... Either way, may wanna check that error out.

#1156 8 years ago

Cool, good to hear then!

#1181 8 years ago

Here's my first order.. Let me tell you, it was difficult getting all these rubbers entered in. I mean, I wish someone could have had a kit ready for me.. I ordered a complete set in light blue and yellow - the wife preferred the yellow, and I do too, at least up in the "sky" area. The shooter she decided to go blue, since it matched the colors on the shooter apron.

472807.jpg472807.jpg

#1188 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

ordered the end of the week before.

I ordered the 2nd, and it arrived on the 6th. If you got a tracking number, what's it say?

5 months later
#1665 8 years ago

About creating a kit -
When you create a kit, in the 'Size/Type', everything is referred to as 'rubber'. I'm not sure I created a kit for the Silicon Competition Rubbers.. May want to indicate that there..

#1667 8 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

We left it as "rubber" in case we wanted to tie it into either type if we ever carried the regular rubber rings again. As it stands now, everything is directed to silicone when you purchase a kit. I'll try to go in and change the wording so it explicitly says silicone. Thanks!

No problem. I was just really confused for a while, and then decided to go with it anyways.

1 month later
#1691 7 years ago

Good luck, guys!

#1695 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Here's a post ring that hasn't been cleaned in many months. A few wipes with Novus 1 later... try doing THAT with rubber!

Is that supposed to be white? It looks like a faded yellow..!

7 months later
#1952 7 years ago

The intent was to get a little bit less bounce. Great for control players...

I'm a little confused by players that want this.. (Superbands, included..)

If you're wanting to be a better player, you should get the most bouncy and reflexive rubber you can. Learn how to control the ball *on that*. Then, when you're met with a stiffer rubber, you'll be an ace.

Playing and learning on bouncy rubber is where you learn the skills, IMHO.. You put all hard-rubber rubbers on your game, learn how to play it.. when you go play someone else's, with regular rubbers, you'll be quite surprised and have trouble controlling the ball.

5 months later
#2150 6 years ago

So I have a question.
I purchased an order for my Meteor before the company changed hands. I just placed my second order beginning of this month, which was only flipper rubbers.
The flipper rubbers I got in this order are deader and shinier - these really look like super-bands. Was there a change in the manufacturing process? Or did I order the wrong bands?

#2152 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

They should have a Titan stamp on them. Got a pic?

Yup, they do. Here's a pic of two of them. The dark blue is from the recent order, and the light blue from the previous order. It's hard to tell from the camera, but the lighter blue is less 'glossy' than the flipper is..

JxKFbHz (resized).jpgJxKFbHz (resized).jpg

lGsZAUy (resized).jpglGsZAUy (resized).jpg

#2154 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cool. Pretty sure they only offer silicone now and those look like the blues I have been ordering a lot recently. Haven't noticed any changes in them. I mostly get translucent and flipper rings though.

Okay, interesting then! Thanks for the clarification, at least!

#2156 6 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Can someone answer a quick question for me so I don't have to read 44 pages?
Do the Titan flipper rubbers perform like "normal" rubbers, or like super bands? I like the longevity and color of super bands, but I hate the way they play.

IMHO, They're not as bad as Superbands, but not up to full-rubber bouncyness. This is what I just discovered above with my recent order.

Edit to add: I'm comparing against red rubber. I've never liked the dead feeling of black flipper rubber, so I never use it.

#2164 6 years ago
Quoted from Superchicken:

I don't get the dead bounce stuff. I've heard this a number of times. If you want to breathe new life into an early solid state (most of my collection) or EMs, install Titans rings. It's like you rebuilt all the solenoids but didn't. Maybe it is different with modern games.

"Don't get it" how?

Perfect example for me -
Twilight Zone. Lock's lit, or EB is lit. Ball is in the slot scoop. Ball get kicked out.. It hits the lower-right flipper. DON'T flip. Ball bounces across to the left flipper. Catch ball, then make shot right up into the Lock.

That's a 'dead flip', and something I do QUITE often. On other games as well. With 'dead' rubber, you can't do that - the ball doesn't bounce, so when it hits that right flipper, it rolls down the drain.

With these latest Titans in my TZ - I can't do this. Bounce isn't great enough to get it over to the let flipper. Red rubber, it does. Hell, this weekend I can ever record a video to show the difference, if wanted.

#2166 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please do. The the main reason I pick Titan over superbands is that they dead bounce incredibly well, like better than real rubber. I get perfect dead bounces from a ball that is barely even moving. So confused by this post. But then again I'm mainly playing new sterns early SS and EMs. I only have one WPC game.

I will make a video this weekend. (Can't until then because of work projects.)
Like I mentioned above - I got some titans for my Meteor back beginning of the year, and they seem to be much more bouncy than the ones I just got. In a different color, maybe that can affect them? I dunno. I'm confused myself. So for the time being, I went back to rubber. I still have them, and will shoot a few vids this weekend.

#2171 6 years ago

My thoughts on Titan rings isn't limited to just flippers but that is where most of the discussion is centered.The Twilight Zone flipper rings, did you buy the standard or thin? Also, Titan used to sell silicone and rubber rings. I know in the past people bought rubber thinking it was silicone.

That's what I was wondering. Looked at my order, and the part number is 'CS-FLIP-BL', which as far as I can tell isn't the thin ones, nor the rubbers.

1 week later
#2181 6 years ago

Oh, thanks for bumping this. I have videos. I need to paste them together and post it up.

In short, I took three videos - one with red flippers, one with Titans, and one with blue flipper rubbers. (Just because I happened to use these on my TZ.) I never use black flipper rubbers, so didn't have any to record.

There IS a bounce to the Titans - but it is LESS than red flipper. May be more aligned with black. But the BLUE had a lot more bounce than either of the other two.

1 week later
#2191 6 years ago

Hey guys -
Here's a completely unscientific, long, and boring video. I'm not a videographer, I can barely take photographs without them comin' out messed up. So, ignore the technical quality of it, please.

First are the Titans.
Then come the Reds.
Then, just for kicks (you don't have to watch it) are blue rubbers - old Gottlieb rubbers. (My favorite, personally!)

You can see the difference - the blue rubbers are hugely bouncy, then followed by the red rubbers, and finally, the Titans. They DO still bounce, but it's not as much as the Red, may be on-par with black.

And yes, I need to aim my slot kickout. It's far out of alignment.

#2194 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just my point. No noticeable difference. Hahaha. Seriously you can tell a difference? I can't. I guess that's why I like the play of Titans so much.

I can - the red bounce a lot higher up against the slings.

Thanks for the post! I have a question. Hard to tell, but is there any slop in the flippers? This is usually from worn bushings. It can sneak up on you, but I have been amazed at the performance difference of freshly rebuild flippers. Playing on location I come across games all the time where the bounce pass doesn't happen because the bat soaked up all the energy.

There *shouldn't* be. They were all rebuilt about 300 games ago. (Back in May.)

But it's also why I did ten shots from the kicker on each type.

1 month later
#2236 6 years ago

Hey guys -
Since apparently I broke the marketplace and can't place an ad at the moment, I'll post this here.

I have 10 standard Titan flipper rubbers, blue. I prefer the real-rubber bounciness. Send me a PM if you're interested in them.

--Mike

Edit: They're claimed, thanks!

2 months later
#2331 6 years ago
Quoted from Compy:

To also add to what Titan mentioned regarding the ring and kits database:
We built this right after Titan Pinball launched. They were the first to introduce a vast quantity of colored silicone rings into the marketplace, and we knew that there would literally be hundreds of customer-created kits that would be possible depending on what people thought looked best on their games.
Most of the kits on that website (nearly 700 now) are community created. Many of them have pictures of the rings on that particular game. Most times a new game comes out, Eric or someone from the community will create a base kit for the game and match the rings to it according to the manual. Customers will then duplicate these kits and customize the colors. We encourage this, and its exactly why we built it. You also have a single button to click and order the kit.
Also, when you create a kit and verify it, when a customer orders that kit, the kit creator gets a percentage of the deal. This is how we got hundreds of kits in such short order, and the reception has been great.
I encourage you to check it out!

I believe that part of what they're talking about is *location* - okay, so Game 'X' uses 3 x 1.5".. where do those 3 go?
Your customer kits do not show/have that information.

10 months later
#2423 5 years ago
Quoted from Coyote:

Here's my first order.. Let me tell you, it was difficult getting all these rubbers entered in. I mean, I wish someone could have had a kit ready for me.. I ordered a complete set in light blue and yellow - the wife preferred the yellow, and I do too, at least up in the "sky" area. The shooter she decided to go blue, since it matched the colors on the shooter apron.
[quoted image]

Bumping this thread.
I noticed today, that... my yellow titans are now *white*. They.. faded.

BBZiwzY (resized).jpgBBZiwzY (resized).jpg
#2425 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

^ LEDs or Incandescent?
Any natural light in the room?

No natural light. No UV saved room lights (which are LEDs, not CFL). Game has incandescents installed, not LEDs.

#2435 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Thats a little scary. I have never heard of this happening.

My other game is fine (Meteor), but it has blue/red, so I was surprised when I even noticed.

Quoted from Squeakman:

I was under the impression that silicon was a solid color. Isn't the color mixed in with the silicon while molded?

Quoted from vid1900:

Cut one in half, it should be yellow facing the post.

I'll do this when I get home tonight. I don't really *care* either way - but I found it surprising.
Do Titans have markings on their rings, like PBL or Happ?

#2438 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Have you emailed or PM’d Titan? I know the owner, and he is a great guy who loves pinball, and is committed to quality products. He may be out of pocket, since I usually see him respond pretty quickly here in the thread. Anyway, he possibly could provide some insight.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

He's at the Houston Arcade Expo this weekend. I saw him last night....sure you will get a response when he has time. I've had great communication in the past.

Thanks guys - again, not that worried about it (the game only has a total of.. 14 rubber. Literally. SMALLEST order i ever placed. In fact, I ordered two sets - one yellow, one blue. I just thought it was interesting, because I didn't expect the silicon to fade either. The only thing different about this game vs the other with Titans is that this was at the York show shortly after the rubbers were installed, and it sat under a bright halogen (argon? I dunno.. one of those huge bright gym/stadium light..) But again, don't think that would have caused that to happen. (Unless someone opened the game up, and switched out the rubbers on me. Possible, but.. uh.. why?)

#2440 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think you solved it.

I actually sent my (now) ex-wife a message, asking if she ever opened the game up to change out the colors in it. I haven't heard back yet. (She doesn't even know what a 'rubber' is (come-on, no jokes here..) - but, she IS the one that picked the colors for me to order..)

The only other time something coulda happened was AT the York show, I was gone a day, and someone local had the keys in case anything happened. I swear I woulda noticed, but.. hell if I know.

#2445 5 years ago

I just had a thought, I wonder if those are our old colored rubber rings and not Silicone? We took them off the site in June 2016 so if they were bought before then they could be natural rubber and those could fade.

That could be the case. (Haven't heard back from ex yet, either.) I remember when I placed an order (either for these or Meteor) that the (then) current site design made it difficult to tell which ones you were looking at when placing an order. The same order came with a blue plunger rubber, and that one is fine. No fading. So it's likely I messed up the order..! D'oh.

#2450 5 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That’s disappointing. I prefer to think that someone at the York show played an awesome practical joke on you and is just sitting back and watching the fun.

Hah! I'd have a good laugh if it was, honestly.
Especially since it too me OVER A YEAR to effin' notice. Heh.

#2452 5 years ago

They do. All Titans except 3/8" OD and Stern slim post have either a "T" or say "TITAN" and the size. Lemme know what you find. The rings are solid color all the way through.

Ah! I will check tonight when I get home!

1 month later
#2471 5 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Did you check the existing ones that supposedly faded to see if they are yellow in the center after being cut down the middle? With all due respect I think there was just a mix-up. I use several different types of yellow pieces and don't have this issue.

trk12fire Thank you!

Never heard back on that one.

Sorry guys; I thought I posted here.
I never heard back from the ex. (No surprise.) I cut one open, and it's white inside as well. So, either I just had ordered the wrong type back in '16, or, someone at York show decided to play a trick on me. The shooter rubber was still colorized (it didn't fade), but was also ordered at a different time.

So, no alarm, no issues; everything's peachy!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Coyote.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings?tu=Coyote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.