Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 2,863 posts
  • 442 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 22 days ago by Crash
  • Topic is favorited by 195 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2A5B0AB3-1ACF-4736-A237-14042F513F61.jpeg
    6F456CE5-C075-4CDD-BC7B-A3ED2E70ECF2 (resized).jpeg
    64F3389A-FB2D-4765-932D-C4332D0B54CB (resized).jpeg
    EA81F7FD-95E3-4542-A11F-067E1791EBD9 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0418 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0417 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0412 (resized).JPEG
    IMG_0409 (resized).jpg
    E71DF91D-D844-47E2-B2FC-5E1B84F0A95C (resized).jpeg
    20210301_183837 (resized).jpg
    C8944FB1-8F47-4811-96BA-DCD4F429D3AC (resized).jpeg
    035FB11D-DF71-4036-A32F-813FD117BDD9 (resized).jpeg
    24EB7B9F-0B57-4ABD-B442-2884B6DA5F61 (resized).jpeg
    27F88064-8EF6-460A-9934-1C71C2AE6C7E (resized).jpeg
    27FEB6A0-D259-428F-BCAB-DFBFBC3CE983 (resized).jpeg
    D42DA25A-462B-4EB4-9058-0713CC41F305 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "glow".
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 6 years ago

I swapped a Tron sling with a Titan clear and left the Pinballcenter clear on the other for comparison. So far the Titans look slightly clearer and a little more flexible, although I can't say if that's due to age or use.

Also I love the clear shooter tips! The light leaking from LED flipper buttons makes the tip glow a little. I think I'm going to add a spotlight just to make it pop! Thanks a bunch!

1 week later
    #272 6 years ago

My manufacturer has agreed to a small run of some new colors

So far it will be Pink and Glow in the Dark (I don't know what the price will be for GitD yet. Shouldn't be significantly more)

I need some input for a third color. I was thinking grey / silver. Perhaps one of these :

Titan Pinball Silicone Grey.jpg

Or, I am open to suggestions.

#281 6 years ago

Glow in the dark would look awesome on a BBB!

#282 6 years ago

I'd probably put glow in the dark on my EATPM, maybe Dr. Dude too. I'll bet they would light up pretty nice with some blue or UV LED spots

#310 6 years ago

I am freakin' *IN IN IN* on glow in the dark for Crescendo when you get them.

#321 6 years ago

Got my Clear Competition Rings from Matt in one day - wow! Installed them last night on my Embryon.

The rings are very soft, supple and easy to install. They play very very similar to fresh ABC rubber. This is saying a lot as most white rubber on the market today is crap. The power transfer from the flippers to the ball is amazing and has made me throw out all of the superband flipper rubber I had on my other games in favor of the competition rubber. There is simply no comparison.

The rings have a very cool glow when the game is on.

I have created two kits on the Titan site for Embryon. One in traditional white competition rubber and one in clear competition rubber. I have updated the traditional white to fix a couple mistakes noted in the Embryon manual. The manual calls for the use of a 5" rubber near the left captive ball and that is incorrect. The clear kit is correct.

In any case I will be doing all of my games in Titan competition rubber from now on. Here are a few pics of the clear on Embryon.

20150319_210533.jpg
    20150319_210450.jpg
    20150319_210442.jpg
    20150319_210432.jpg
    20150319_210457.jpg

2 weeks later
    #379 6 years ago

We had a little hiccup with the new molds that set us back a couple of weeks, but everything is in production now. We should have new the sizes and colors in about 30 days.

The new sizes are 3 1/2, Stern Post (short), Mini flipper, and Gottlieb flipper.

We're bringing in a small run of Pink, Silver/Grey, and Glow in the Dark in all sizes that will be available to Pinsiders only for the first couple of weeks.

The Glow in the Dark will probably be about $.10 more per ring.

I can't wait to see them !

#380 6 years ago

Sounds great Matt .

Hmm ... glow in the dark rings . Sounds interesting . Will they look similar to clear / translucent ones but with that slightly green tinge that most glow in the dark stuff has . Just thinking they will look awesome on my Metallica as I've got the Laseriffic Master of Puppets topper which has the glow in the dark grave markers .

3 weeks later
    #439 6 years ago

I need to do all the rubber in my TFTC. I'm just holding out for the glow in the dark rings.

#442 6 years ago
    Quoted from cody_chunn:

Or black light reactive?

Glow in the dark things are black light reactive.

#443 6 years ago
    Quoted from seven:

Glow in the dark things are black light reactive.

kind of. they get charged big time from black lights, but they don't glow like say white out paint does while under black light. I believe these glow in the dark rubbers will be charged by light, then you will see the glow when the lights are turned off.

#449 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Only thing I have noticed is some areas I have gone down a size from stock. These seem to have much more stretch to them so can feel a bit loose in certain spots with the original size.

I will be working with our manufacturer to see if we can limit the stretchiness without sacrificing bounce. So far, it only seems to be noticeable on the larger sizes. We probably won't need to go beyond 4 1/2".

Quoted from cody_chunn:

Or black light reactive?

The glow in the dark will be interesting. I will be working with someone who will run the GITD through various light sources to see what kind of glow effects can be produced.

Quoted from ViolinSteve:

Totally forgot the discount code, but no biggie.

I swear, you people and your forgetfulness
    I took care of it.

Speaking of which, the support has been fantastic! We are extending the coupon another month (and hopefully indefinitely). TITAN10 works for all individual rings and sample packs (not bulk packs).

3 weeks later
    #531 6 years ago

Here are some shots of the GITD:

Titan Glow Light On.jpg

Titan Glow Light Off.jpg

These ended up looking really good on my Tee'd Off.

1 week later
    #597 6 years ago

The Pinks Look Amazing!

I just received some Glow in the Dark Samples.....Ill confess, I have been toying with making these for over 30 years, resorting last to
    using glow in the dark Superballs!

( I have some powder/product samples to send you.....dont know why I didnt think of it before. Its 12 hour glow we did for Sherwin Williams, on a short light charge)

So, Matt, My hats off, My dream come true, the Glow in the Dark, are smooth and shiny, great stretching, and a nice Glow.
    Ill be testing these with our assortment of UV bulbs, to see the reaction, and Day time Glow.

Ill make a photo post, assuming I can get good photos.

Super Job! and truly...a New Standard and Look!

#606 6 years ago

Here is some Pics....

Very hard for pictures to do Justice.

The color is Sweet, and they charge fast, with about a 3 to 5 second light hold.

Single SMD UV lights, do not put out enough light to have an affect.

A 5 SMD, or a 5 Superflux do a wonderful job giving an entire ring a Full Glow.
    A COB Panel Floods everything, and can be tied to a Flasher.

Now, the next question will be install and how its seen.....I have some ideas, but not sure exactly.

I can share that a UV reactive Flipper Bat with UV lights inside and contrasting GITD Rubbers, would be Insane....

Titan Glow Rings Room Light.jpg Titan Glow Rings Spot Light.jpg Titan Glow Rings UV SuperFlux.jpg Titan Glow Rings Glowing.jpg
    #613 6 years ago

I just got all my stuff in...

Comet - Orange
    XMLE - Yellow
    Tron - Clear
    Metallica - Purple
    Crescendo - Glow in the Dark

Colors are fantastic, and these are very stretchy compared to SB. The flipper rubber does still affect the ball transition from the lane guide to the flipper a *little*, it is SUBSTANTIALLY less than SB however, and people that are not very carefully watching may not even notice it...for all I know it will get better with play as well....there might still be a release agent or something on there, and when I re-wax that will make the band slicker too. You can tell right away when you take one out of the bag and pull on it that it's not anything like SB's. Had no trouble at all putting the flipper bands on this morning. Super easy.

The GITD is *awesome*. The base color is nice IMO, and I was able to basically light up the whole bag of rubber for Crescendo with a little hand held flourescent UV light that runs on 4 AA batteries. Art sent me a sample bulb that I have no clue what it is, but I need a bunch of them for that game that I suspect is not UV but a purple or pink that does a good job of GI *and* activates UV reactive.. I need to pull it out and figure out what it is, I think it will work great for these. Pretty sure it was a flex head too. Will pull it and post a pic so we can figure out what it is.

#623 6 years ago

Thinking of trying some glow in the dark stuff in my Elvira. Anyone have pictures of these installed on any game?

#652 6 years ago

Guys.....GUYS...I put the glow in the dark on Crescendo last night. Holy crap. UV bulbs in the GI for the most part, got a pic of one with an incandescent just because it was already there....

20150614_215947.jpg 20150614_220004.jpg 20150614_220011.jpg 20150614_220024.jpg 20150614_220031.jpg 20150614_220049.jpg 20150614_220100.jpg 20150614_220106.jpg
    #659 6 years ago

Like I said though...just keep in mind my game is flooded with UV. I'll try to take some pictures with another camera as well..these came off my Note 4 with HDR, because the pop caps are so insanely bright (crystal fan LEDs... lol..) that they overload the tiny aperture of the phone. UV is also "visible" to a CCD, so everything is brighter than it really is...suffice to say, I think it looks awesome. I'm not sure how practical these will be unless you have a big blacklight overhead or just need light green rubber anyways. Lights don't generally turn off long enough for the glow to show.

Might work good for something like system shutdown on JM (Green with that playfield though? Yuck.) or Sparky multiball start on Met where only the spotlights remain on.

#660 6 years ago

This is a good point. The GITD rings will certainly react to UV, but it takes quite a bit for that effect.
    I spoke with Art from Comet Pinball a few days ago and we discussed this. He spent a lot of time flooding them with different light to see what he could produce.

Here are some pics:gitd.jpggitd2.jpggitd3.jpg

As you can see, they will certainly glow but there is a trade off to general illumination.

I should let Art explain further, as he is the expert on the bulbs.

I'm not sure we can come up with a good balance of glow vs illumination, but I will ask my manufacturer if there is any other chemical composition they can use to help us.

#663 6 years ago
    Quoted from Zitt:

Can more "powder" be added to the GITD rings to get a more reactive ring?

If they could add some Radium and Zinc Sulfide to the mix, they would glow all on their own.

2 weeks later
    #726 6 years ago

My RRWOZ just got a complete makeover with Titan comps. Red, purple, pink, orange, light blue, translucent and best of all glow in the dark. The GITD's look like they should have shipped with it. Here a couple of pictures.

GITD2.jpg

GITD1.jpg

LightBlue.jpg

Yellow_Red_Purple.jpg

Orange_and_GITD.jpg

#778 6 years ago

I love the GITD. I think they will be perfect for LOTR's POTD. Even if they don't glow much, the greenish tint will fit perfectly IMO.

#790 6 years ago

Added Glow in the Dark rings to Starship Troopers and TMNT.
    Added Gottlieb size ones to Mario Brothers and Sky Jump.

3 weeks later
    #849 6 years ago

Titan Pinball Glow Flipper Rings Under Blacklights

#872 6 years ago
    Quoted from herg:

Is it just my imagination, or are the GITD rings a little harder than other colors?

It's quite possible. We order them all at Shore A45, but the GITD have an additive to make them glow. It might make the Shore rating a little bit higher.

Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I wasn't able to find the GITD rings on Titans website. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Our first order for GITD was small, so several sizes are out of stock at the moment (more are coming with the latest shipment). You may not see them listed under a few size options.

-----------------

I have now been told tomorrow (Friday) for the re-delivery. I've got my fingers crossed!
    If they do show up, we'll work hard to get them on the site by Saturday.

Thanks again for everyone's patience! I know it's frustrating when items go out of stock for an extended period.

#919 6 years ago

Sorry to not take photos, worked on a customer's Cyclone last week,
    I had just the right sized glow in the dark rings for the left side and bottom right and they looked great!
    It didn't take long for them to charge up a little to show the customer how they worked.
    The customer was there the whole time while I was working on the game,
    basically ya don't know who to trust with a car or pinball machine he said,
    makes sense, so I didn't photograph, will next time there though.

#963 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

That the second time I have seen GITD. What is it?

Glow In The Dark

#965 6 years ago

Like chuckwurt said, glow in the dark. They don't really glow all that much (a little during Strobe Multiball), but the slight hint of green and somewhat translucent to pick up light from GI really fits nicely with the game, in my opinion.

I left my TZ white, but all the others, I ended up liking some color. It was a bit of a shock to the system at first, but once my brain rewired, it's fun to be able to customize a little more.

#982 6 years ago

I love my clear rings (nice glow with leds)and the red bats20150621_210350.jpg20150621_210454.jpg from Titan, thats where im getting my rings from for now on, plays real fast!

1 month later
    #1048 6 years ago

You could've saved me a few $$ if you didn't put off posting.

Was really hoping for better performance out of the Titan sleeves and post rubbers, but same un-pinball like behavior as the Cliffys and other colored posts I tried. I'd rather have a pinball machine play as it was designed than add a few splashes of color.

Swapped these over to my No Fear last night and it was Airball city! Way too many posts on NF to allow this behavior since the black rubber on the posts just brick my shots and don't launch them all over the place.

I can't recommend these to anyone because of the game changing physics these introduce. Slings are one thing - they're fine and look great, but not any rubber going on posts on either side of ramps or major shots.

My wife noticed the airballs right away on Space Jam, and was like "damn!". Not fun.

Although I'm glad I forgot to add the glow in the dark rubbers to my order for both my TFTC pins because that would've been a total waste of money.

#1067 6 years ago

How does clear rubber look if you use normal GI lighting? I would imagine they would look best with color lights which would make the clear rubber kind of glow a certain color. I'm reluctant to buy them because my GI is just normal color.

#1068 6 years ago

They just take on the color of whatever illuminates them. Incandescent would give them a yellowish glow. If nothing is lighting them they look white from the players perspective.

Order a couple and try them. I'm glad that I did.

2 weeks later
    #1087 5 years ago

Just put the Glow-in-the-dark rubbers on my Monster Bash. I think it totally matches the plastics and corny joke theme and looks great! Followed the manual and ended up a little short, so placing a follow-up order with Titan. I put an updated kit on their site for MB. Maybe some additional lighting from Pinball bulbs will really make them pop.

IMG_1424.jpg

#1088 5 years ago

Here's a thought. Play a game or two in the dark then turn off the game. See which rings glow most, and think of it as the game telling you, "You're not done, are you master? Come back to meeeee!"

2 weeks later
    #1162 5 years ago

In the sample kit I received some sort of glow in the dark green. Can I get a whole kit in that color? It looks awesome with the right light on it.

#1163 5 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

In the sample kit I received some sort of glow in the dark green. Can I get a whole kit in that color? It looks awesome with the right light on it.

Yes, that is glow in the dark. I believe Titan carries it in all sizes. I don't know if a particular game kit is available.

#1165 5 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I looked at the flippers and it didn't list it as a color or could buy or the kits

It looks like they're out of stock on the glow flipper rubber. If you look at mini-flipper or 3/8, it does show up. Also, there's not really kits. The kit database will let you add rings to your cart, but they're rarely the colors you actually want since it's so subjective.

#1166 5 years ago
    Quoted from markmon:

I did my entire TWD LE in the glow in the dark rubber

1 week later
    #1212 5 years ago

When are glow in the dark bulk packs and flipper rubbers going to be ready?

Also I'd like to request some light reactive colors:
    Fluorescent green (see the pps fluorescent rings for example)
    Perhaps fluorescent orange as well.

#1216 5 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

I'm placing a restock order this week. We got shorted some of the GITD this go around, so we ran out faster than expected.
    I will certainly inquire about florescent colors. I'll ask them to send some samples with the current order.

Yes, yes, yes.....!

Absolutely love the feel of these. TWD needs some glow in the dark

#1222 5 years ago
    Quoted from NJGecko:

I like "tasteful" you know? I still prefer warm white LEDs or incandescents in my GI, and my LEDs are all mini's...I don't go for color overkill.

go translucent! It is very tasteful and they do a great job of adding to the warm white glow.

2 weeks later
    #1267 5 years ago

Yeah, I tried the clear ones in my MET Premie. They look great and glow as the colors change in the machine. Highly Recommend these!

#1274 5 years ago

I installed two sets of these- one clear on a Williams Grand Prix- the other white on a Gottlieb Super Spin. Both EM's for those unsure.

The games play superbly- notably a bit
    more rebound/kick from the slings and its clear the silicone "rubber rings" do in general give slightly more energy to the ball just on rebound alone (without a kicker).

I love them- also, and it may just be my eyes, but the white is much truer to a pure white than a rubber ring is- those looked incredibly yellow (but were old and being replaced)- maybe new rubber is also this white but I dont think so. The games look fantastic- I really like the clear rings- they do have a glow to them which is far more obvious if lighted with a blue or purple or red LED- but these colors look like crap on an EM for GI so I use warm white - but did test and loved the glow, just hated the color on the games.

I have a Bally Playboy I intend to pink and purple out- and this game will be Amazing with the clear rings- but currently is a pile of about 500 parts and assemblies as I restore it.

Q for Titan -

Any progress on a clear ring with some fairy dust sparkles in it! That would be awesome - admitedly few games would really take to this- but I would buy the first batch to throw into my Playboy!

#1281 5 years ago

Any way to get glow in the dark blues would look cool on games like tron and sttng

#1300 5 years ago

racekip:
    kits have been created for many of the machines available

here are links from titan's site for the kits for all of your machines:

attack from mars
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/294

cirqus voltaire
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/1094

congo
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/1167

medieval madness
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/3056

theatre of magic
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5074

the shadow
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5056

white water
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5517

world cup soccer
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/5604

you can view the kits to see what rubber is included with each kit (some machines have multiples defined based on people creating kits to suit their own personal tastes (eg. there is a 'glow-in-the-dark' kit for attack from mars) and rather than order that kit, you could then mix and match the colors (using the sizes and quantity specified from the kits)

be aware that many of the kits were created straight from the manuals (which could have had changes after the manuals went to print), so there's no guarantee that what someone created is correct (this problem exists with all of the pre-packaged kits from other vendors as well), but it should be a good starting point for you

the silicone performance rings from titan are fantastic, so if you choose to order from him, at the very least, you will be receiving a great product

1 week later
    #1341 5 years ago

I apologise that it's taken me so long to get these pics up . Christmas / New Years break from work has given me some time to finally get my Metallica back together after adding some mods and of course Titan's "Glow in the Dark" rings .

First impressions of these rings are they are great and act very close to normal rubber . Seems like they will be easy to keep clean too which is great .

Been a while since I've been in this thread and was just reading the comments regarding the 2" slingshot rings . I've got 2" now on my Metallica as well as my other new Sterns ( in normal rubber ) and haven't had an issue . One thing I do when fitting them is to make sure the ring is "evened out" . By this , I mean make sure it is stretched evenly around all 3 posts and not pulled too tight in any one corner .

Anyhow here's some pics to enjoy : ( Matt @Titan Pinball , feel free to use these pics for your site etc. )

IMG_9402_(resized).JPG

IMG_9397_(resized).JPG

IMG_9391_(resized).JPG

IMG_9394_(resized).JPG

IMG_9395_(resized).JPG

IMG_9396_(resized).JPG

1 month later
    #1486 5 years ago

First off I want to thank Matt for allowing me to test these new flipper bands and for sending me the free sample. For full disclosure, I've been using Titan Silicone Competition rings on my pins for about a month and I love the look and how they play, so I was excited to test this new product.

The look is the same great quality of the regular size flipper bands, not too shiny yet they do not seem to get dirty like regular flipper rubbers do, so no ground in grim!

These are obviously thinner than the traditional bands which can make game play a little more difficult, especially in a center drain magnet like EATPM but that is neither a pro nor a con. I know there are some hard core players out there that would enjoy more of a challenge.

The play is similar to the regular Titan Silicone Competition bands but they have less bounce and you gain a little more control. They still seem to have more power off the flip than traditional rubber but produce slightly less spin and fewer air balls than the regular titan competition bands but I've become used to that play style and I love the way they play.

For me, either one is great and it's a win win, it just comes down to how you want the pin to play. Personally, I'll keep the regular Titan Silicone Competition bands in my EATPM but will use these thinner ones on the bottom flippers on my Getaway.

Thanks again for allowing me to test this excellent product.

Just a few pics, on the Bat Lanes I used glow in the dark and I really like how they look with the purple LED bulbs. The rest is fairly straight forward and I just mixed up the colors but I tried to keep the theme intact.

titan_comp_bat_lane_(resized).jpg
    titan_comp_flipper_(resized).jpg
    titan_comp_pf_(resized).jpg

#1488 5 years ago

Placed a big order yesterday for colored rubber for BSD, TS, NF and glow in the dark rings for Viper and TFTC. Hoping the glow in the darks rubber really pops on those two games. I have UV light strips along the sides of the TFTC playfield and it makes the green in the artwork glow nicely.

#1494 5 years ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Monster bash looks best with GITD as the border on the plastics is almost identical in color (light green). However, I did put orange in the pops area and it looks fantastic!
    IMG_2795_(resized).JPG
    IMG_2793_(resized).JPG

That does look great, I'll bet under game light the edge greens on the SS plastics and those rubbers all pull together nicely. Nice call on the orange, I had bought some greens, glow and blue, I'll have to get some oranges on my next order. Thanks for showing me. Good to know we are headed in the right direction!

#1497 5 years ago

I'm about to put clears on WOZ just to see how much it might pick up the shifting colors from the slings nearby. I LOVE the clears in those slings as they glow with whatever color is produced. Darnit, just reminded me I need more clears that I did not order!

1 month later
    #1612 5 years ago

I don't remember if I ever posted this, but here's footage of glow in the dark flipper rings under black lights...

#1613 5 years ago

I'm doing a Medusa in Titans soon and finishing up my Godzilla in black and glow in the darks soon as well.

2 weeks later
    #1661 5 years ago

Here is Fathom with Titan transparent rings and a bunch of LEDs. The transparent rings really glow with the LED treatment, would recommend.

fathom_(resized).jpg

1 month later
    #1686 5 years ago

Glow in the Dark green rings on Indiana Jones STERN

DSCF2013_(resized).JPG

DSCF2017_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
    #1699 5 years ago

**edited to include black and red thin flipper**

New sizes are ready to ship!

So here's the breakdown:

Flipper Thin!
    -Less bounce due to *slightly* harder silicone and thinner profile
    -Available in black, red, green, orange, yellow and glow in the dark
    -Off-spec color blue, purple and light blue available (just pick the alternate color option for ring size)

7/8" Post
    -Available in black, white, red, yellow and translucent
    -Off-spec color blue available

3/4" Bumper Post
    -These have a nice chamfer on the top edge
    -Off-spec color blue available (just pick the alternate color option for ring size)

Stern Slim Post
    -Very hard silicone for a bounce resembling the stock sleeve
    -Off-spec color blue available (just pick the alternate color option for ring size)

Tee Post
    -Available in all colors! Black, white, red, green, orange, yellow, translucent, gray, pink and glow in the dark
    -Off-spec color blue, purple and light blue available (just pick the alternate color option for ring size)

And finally 2 3/4" ID Rings

Unfortunately, credit card processing is still offline. I have been on the phone with PayPal every day and they assure me they will have an answer by tomorrow. Until then it is still possible to pay with a credit card through PayPal without creating an account. Thanks for your patience. I know a lot of you have been waiting and Heather and I really appreciate your business! We are really enjoying the biz so far!

Capture_(resized).JPG
    Single_2_3-4_(resized).jpg
    Single_3-4_sleeve_(resized).jpg
    Single_7-8_Post_Sleeve_(resized).jpg
    Single_Stern_Slim_(resized).jpg
    Single_Tee_Post_(resized).jpg

#1722 5 years ago

I finally finished up my AFM with glow in the dark rings and Comet UV led's on the bottom half only.

IMG_2100_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
    #1753 5 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. Dan is an awesome guy and we just love that they are able to use pinball as a way to help kids!

Totally unrelated shameless plug: I was like a kid in some sort of store last night as I checked in over 30k LEDs! For those who have been asking, thanks for your patience. All Leds are back in stock!

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=17

Silicone ring mini-update: Still no red mini flipper and glow shooter tips. I am awaiting a large shipment of silicone and the new order will include *almost* every missing color in 2-3/4" rings (purple, pink, gray, orange, green, and light blue). I forgot to order glow. What an amateur, huh? We are also bringing in purple stern slim post sleeves.

Also, we finally have the correct color blue, light blue and purple thin flipper rings as well as the correct color blue for the 7/8" post sleeve, stern slim post and 3/4" bumpers so you Space Shuttle guys can FINALLY get your blue bumpers!

1 week later
    #1768 5 years ago

Good morning pinside!

Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I'm confused on the size of the sling rubbers. I have a Avatar and want to replace the rubbers with clear Titans. I keep hearing 2" are too small and 2.5" are too big so what's the deal? Is this only with the clears? And aren't all Stern sling sizes the same?

It's the post spacing for the slings that varies from game to game. Some games will take a 2.5" with no problem. Some games a 2.5" will seem a little loose but I haven't noticed a difference in game play.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Hi. I'm not sure if anyone else has made this request, but it would be great if you could offer 1 3/4" rings. I have some pins that take 1 1/2" rings that split. The next size up is 2" which I think is too loose. I'm not sure how much demand there is for 1 3/4", but I would definitely try them.

Also, I just placed an order for new flipper rings and couldn't find where to enter the promo code to get 10% off. I ended up just putting it in the comments section. Am I just missing it?

Thanks for continuing to provide a great product!

I glad you like the product! I don't have any current requests for 1 3/4" but I will add it to my list. Anytime someone requests a new size I add the request to my spreadsheet. When it comes time to develop a new size, we start with the size with the most requests. gweempose beat me to answering your question about the coupon code. Thanks again!

Just a reminder: I do have a few new sizes:

Flipper Thin!
    -Less bounce due to *slightly* harder silicone and thinner profile
    -Available in blue, black, red, green, purple, orange, yellow and glow in the dark

7/8" Post
    -Available in blue, black, white, red, yellow and translucent

3/4" Bumper Post
    -These have a nice chamfer on the top edge

Stern Slim Post
    -Very hard silicone for a bounce resembling the stock plastic sleeve

Tee Post
    -Available in all colors! Black, white, red, blue, green, orange, yellow, purple, light blue, translucent, gray, pink and glow in the dark

And finally 2 3/4" ID Rings

Also, all LED's are back in stock and also...

STAR POSTS! (I love star posts. Probably because they look like candy and I want to eat them.)

IMG_2337_(resized).JPG

1 week later
    #1782 5 years ago

We just ran out of 5/16" and 1 1/4" rings so I had to disable translucent bulk kits for now. The 5/16" should be here any time now but the 1 1/4" could be 30 days out.

So I needed these for the upper inlanes on BBB. Since it has black light there, I substituted glow in the dark. I'll post pics but I'm betting it will look good!

1 week later
    #1791 5 years ago

Good news! I'll post a better list by the weekend but I wanted to give folks who have been waiting a heads up.

The out of stock rings have finally shown up! The 5/16" white and clear are back as well as glow shooter tips and red mini flipper. I also now have 2 3/4" in all colors except glow and stern slim posts in purple.

Not so good news I am almost out of white 3/16" and I'm completely out of 3/16" translucent. This means the bulk kits and variety packs for white and translucent will have to remain disabled for the time being.

On a personal note forgive me if I don't stick around after this post. If you have any questions just let me know and I'll respond tomorrow morning at the latest. I just finished putting all these rings away and I'm pooped!

2 months later
    #1860 4 years ago

Has anyone found the glow in the dark rubber to stretch less easily than others? I am in the process of putting it on my mystery castle and have found issues.

Any real amount of stretch and the color changes which is fine, but the rubbers seem less elastic than normal white rubber or even my titan clear. Getting rubber over plastic posts has me wondering if they are going to snap in time as I can see stretch and deformation in some of the rubber. Only way to tell will be time and I do like the color and small amount of glow I was getting. Fits the game very well.

#1882 4 years ago

Very good point. Also, If a ring stretches to the point that the majority of the ring turns white, it needs to go up a size. Some of the original rubber on some games was stretched so far... I wonder what they were thinking when they chose that size originally.

That stretching the rubber more resulted in a different bounce. As far as the gitd, its nice, but frankly I do not find them to be as stretchy as say your clear which exhibits none of the problems. In terms of turning white, putting a 3/8 Inch ID over a plastic post should not be having any of it turn white, but they do.

Think this will be my only game with the gitd. They glow very nicely, they charge very quickly, but I'm not going to play guessing games with sizing. I'd have to buy a stock of gitd and keep a stock of white rubber on hand to figure out how much stretch I need to compensate for? No thanks.

1 month later
    #1915 4 years ago

Any idea when the 3/16 glow rings (CS-316ID-GL) will be back in stock?

#1916 4 years ago

Just re-ringed my GB Premium with a mix of glow and clear. Much better compared to the black factory rings.

IMG_3257 (resized).JPG

IMG_3269 (resized).JPG

#1924 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or when one part of the ring splits then after rotation no more splittage. Weird.

That is weird. One thing I have really learned about the silicone is that if a ring starts to split (not fraying or abrasion), it usually fails very quickly. This can be a result of wear if your rings have a lot of games on them or it's a ring that gets hit hard often. I have seen some natural rubber slings that are soooo close to breaking on a game, and they lasted another hundred games. Fraying or abrasion usually holds up for a while, but a fray can turn to a split. I have 2" glow slings on GB Prem and the corners by the flippers are getting rally beat up. These rings are up to about 900 games (guessing), but the thing is they play just fine still. AFM has the same frayed corners on the little ring by the pop bumpers. I reset it around Oct 15 and it's at 1527 plays. Still going strong! So, my experience has been that as the rubber wears and shows fraying or abrasion, the silicone performs at least as good or better as would a worn natural rubber. I think due to how shiny and bright the silicone is, it's much more obvious when a ring starts to show wear. We're about to do a Safe Cracker so we'll keep track of audits and observations on it too...

Regardless, if you have any issues, don't hesitate to ask ([email protected]) and if rings break or do any other weird shit, and they are not 8-10 months or older, please let me know and I will send you a replacement!

#1925 4 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Waiting on the Stern slim

Those are in this shipment too as are the Stern slim glow.

2 weeks later
    #1938 4 years ago

Yes I've ordered these and there cool a true test of strength putting them on 3" flippers. But this is a straight up display of vanity over practicality. Nothing beats white rubber in my opinion, I use superband posts and I shouldn't. It's hard to explain but I just think as cool as silicone is, and glow in the dark rings would be sweet, but I just cant give up that supple white rubber it just not nearly as rigid and deflects the ball with that supple caress instead of a brick wall lol.

1 month later
    #1991 4 years ago

52,000 rings arrived at 3 PM and they are all available now at https://www.titanpinball.com/

This order was mostly to replenish stock, but we have a couple new products!

2-3/4" ID glow rings - the only color that was missing in that size
    Stern slim post now available in glow and PINK for you TSPP owners

Come visit us at TPF! Titan Pinball is a gold sponsor at Texas Pinball Festival, March 24-27 2017 at the Embassy Suites Dallas – Frisco Hotel and Conference Center in Frisco. Come by and say hi! We will have our full line there, and at least 4 machines. So far we are bringing our UV blacklight Attack from Mars, Ghostbusters Premium, Rob Zombie courtesy of Blacktoothgrin and Safecracker courtesy of kdunbar. And it will be filled with Ed_in_Texas awesome TPF tokens! http://texaspinball.com/tpf/vendors/

375681063 (resized).jpg

IMG_3448 (resized).JPG

#2005 4 years ago

Created a kit for Black Knight and installed them last night. I love the look of the Glow in the dark rings and red flipper rings that I purchased from Titan!! Gonna install them in all my machines from now on !!

IMG_6357 (resized).JPG

2 months later
    #2064 4 years ago

Glow look great on Sopranos

IMG_1414 (resized).JPG

3 months later
    #2213 4 years ago
    Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Just wondering if anyone could tell me if the translucent's would work on a SFII? (clear and translucent are the same right?)
    Or would GITD be better?
    Thanks

In the Titan world, the most accurate name is translucent for what some may call clear. In my experience, there is only one crystal clear rubber and not available from Titan and not made in all sizes, only posts. I use these crystal clear post rubbers on my LOTR clear posts, I got them from Pinball Life. I replaced all my rubbers on my Black Knight (except my posts, which are Titan red) with the Titan translucents and I think they look great with how the light passes through them.
    As for Glow in the Dark, that is up to your personal preference.

2 months later
    #2270 3 years ago

Put glow in the dark on slings and flippers on Scared Stiff, the rest is in gray

image (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
    #2290 3 years ago

Also got some new color Pinmats: red and glow in the dark!

pinmat_red-800x800 (resized).jpg

pinmat_glow-800x800 (resized).jpg

pinmat_blue-800x800 (resized).jpg

pinmat_glow2-800x800 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #2342 3 years ago

Anyone have any good pictures of Ghostbusters with purple rings or glow in the dark ones even? Looking to color match my game and would love to see some examples. Thanks.

#2344 3 years ago

Get glow in the dark for GB. They look awesome

10 months later
    #2447 2 years ago

These babys are going on this week. Glow in the dark will be great for strobe multiball.

44528274_10157005004253901_5528286731507335168_n (resized).jpg44533011_10157005004548901_8852842455154819072_n (resized).jpg
    1 month later
    #2478 2 years ago

Does anyone have pictures they could post of Monster Bash with green rubber (not glow)? I have an LE ordered and I'm trying to figure out what colors I'm going to want.

#2481 2 years ago
    Quoted from mjthompson:

Does anyone have pictures they could post of Monster Bash with green rubber (not glow)? I have an LE ordered and I'm trying to figure out what colors I'm going to want.

I can't help you with green but I have the glow rings and they look super. I can't imagine green matching better than the glow do. I did color matching on this one and would easily do it again. Glow, purple, clear, orange.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/3181#collapse677 is the kit I created. I would add one more Rubber Rings - 5/16 Inch I.D. Purple to it. (3 total) I missed the one under the apron when I created it.

20181127_171909 (resized).jpg20181127_172038 (resized).jpg20181127_172022 (resized).jpg20181127_171949 (resized).jpg20181127_172055 (resized).jpg
    #2482 2 years ago
    Quoted from bikefreak:

I can't help you with green but I have the glow rings and they look super. I can't imagine green matching better than the glow do. I did color matching on this one and would easily do it again. Glow, purple, clear, orange.
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/browse/bygame/3181#collapse677 is the kit I created. I would add one more Rubber Rings - 5/16 Inch I.D. Purple to it. (3 total) I missed the one under the apron when I created it.

Yeah, I saw yours. That's what I was going to go with actually but I wanted to see the difference between the glow and green.

#2486 2 years ago

The glow rings look awesome on GB

#2488 2 years ago

The glow rings look great on my AFMr. Ive also build a black light LED mod for the Chicago Gaming AFMr, just the one on Titans original AFM.

3 weeks later
    #2518 2 years ago

Here is the glow in the dark rings with a UV under apron mod for AFMr. Looks amazing.

20181225_134240 (resized).jpg
    2 months later
    #2539 2 years ago

For anyone looking for mini flipper for munsters premium/LE:

According to Stern, the mini playfield flipper rubber is the same part number 545-6187-00 as Shrek and Family Guy mini playfield flipper rubber. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case, it would finally be time to tool up and have these made. We won't be able to carry all colors, but we can start with 3 or 4 choices like maybe black, glow, purple, red? Or maybe Green or dark blue instead of red? I must keep FG and Shrek in mind too...

1 week later
    #2541 2 years ago

Those would be our Post Sleeve - Standard

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

*glow, pink and gray not pictured

Single Post-800x800 (resized).jpg
    3 weeks later
    #2545 2 years ago

Went with clear. And some glow post sleeves on AFM. Love them.

IMG_20190405_170409187 (resized).jpgIMG_20190405_190125305 (resized).jpgIMG_20190405_190145322 (resized).jpgIMG_20190405_190201416 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #2551 2 years ago

I love mine so much I'm going to rip out the brand new white standard rubbers in my whirlwind and try out the blue or yellow..... Can't decide... And get some glow flipper rubbers to match my posts in AFM.

4 weeks later
    #2589 2 years ago

We are happy to announce that Titan Tiny Flipper is now available in limited colors. These are the tiny flipper rubber for Munsters, Shrek and Family Guy mini playfield flippers. They are available at titanpinball.com on the Titan Competition Silicone Rings page in the "Ring Size" dropdown box, 6th item from the top. We have Purple, Blue and Translucent and in a few weeks we will also have Red, Green and Glow.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

Capture (resized).JPG
    #2592 2 years ago

Awesome! They look great. Hope to have red, green and Glow in the next couple months.

#2598 2 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Any plans on making RED mini flipper rubbers for FG ? Would take two sets. Also white mini sling rubbers would be nice.

We are expecting Red, Green and Glow in the tiny flipper.

8 months later
    #2646 1 year ago

Titan_Pinball ... and progress on those blue nubs of death talked about in post 505 and 507 - 4 years ago?
    I recently picked up a @Monster Bash original and would like to have my nubs in either Green or GITD. Blue doesn't exactly match the art near Creature.

While we're on the topic; I'd like to see some Florescent colored rings that would do more than Green (like the glow in the dark).
    Like a bright red, yellow, purple, blue, etc. Imagine Snail Timewith UV reactive rubber!

1 month later
    #2723 1 year ago

Thought I’d share a glow in the dark pic of my Stranger Things LE with the UV kit. Eric was awesome to deal with as usual!

DE6FDAD9-B531-4755-A490-A58321351AF9 (resized).jpeg
    #2727 1 year ago
    Quoted from TKDalumni:

Thought I’d share a glow in the dark pic of my Stranger Things LE

That looks amazing! I have never seen them glow that bright.

#2731 1 year ago

I have the glow in the dark rubbers on my Metallica also. It looks good... but not as good as that Stranger Things!

7 months later
    #2768 10 months ago

I just swapped the rubber on my Ghostbusters for glow in the dark. It's like they were made for this game, it looks great. I pulled off a darker green from the previous owner which were also Titan and they are in perfect shape, other than being dirty. Has anyone tried batch cleaning these? I know I could clean individual rings with alcohol or Novus, but I'm tempted to toss them into the ultrasonic. Has anyone tried it? I could even run the ultrasonic with only alcohol.

2020-11-19 21.33.22 (resized).jpg
    1 week later
    #2788 10 months ago

Hey Fifty

1) No particular reason. I use grey quite a bit
    2) Yes. It's sort of custom but made from a pinduino kit. PM lyonsden
    https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/update-arduino-shield-propin-pinhead

3) I'm sorry I do not. The glow green is pretty bright. Almost fluorescent green.

#2794 10 months ago

How would a set of glow in the dark look in a black hole? Really tempted

1 week later
    #2808 10 months ago

Hey all! Just a heads up... We were recently notified that we have a batch of 2 1/2" glow in the dark rings that do not glow. This would be orders from about the beginning of October and on. They are disabled in the store for now and we are working to resolve the issue. If you are affected just hang tight for now, but we will absolutely replace any affected product as soon as we can. Due to the mfg process, covid and the holidays it might be mid January before we can ship replacements. I'll keep updating here as we figure it out.

Thanks,
    Eric

1 month later
    #2820 8 months ago

I have the glow in the dark rings and they are starting to get dirty. What is the best way to clean them. What products do you use?

3 weeks later
    #2838 8 months ago

Scared Stiff in Glow in the Dark! I really shopped this baby out big time, so pretty now!

EB4EA11F-633B-4456-BB1A-03F6AF3A01CE (resized).jpeg
    1 month later
    #2852 6 months ago

No pictures yet, but I installed glow in the dark Titans on my Night Moves with pink caps for the plastics. It looks really nice, but I feel like I need more lighting to go with the UV bulbs. I can tell they're doing the job as far as activating the glow on the bands, but (and I knew this before buying them) they don't do much for GI purposes. I guess the best thing to do is select a few choice areas to go back to the 2 SMD sunlight LED's and find the best mix between activating the glow and lighting the playfield. Beyond that, I like the play I get from the Titan rings.

I also did a kit in black on my Cheetah. It really picked up the speed when the ball goes into the pop bumpers!

#2853 6 months ago

I'm not sure the best way to do Night Moves, but here are a few pictures. One side has 2 SMD white in the inlane, the other has a UV bulb. I play with a bit of light on in the room, so I can see the ball either way. I think the glow in the dark effect shows well in the photos. I also included a photo of Cheetah with black Titan rings.

IMG_0409 (resized).jpgIMG_0412 (resized).JPEGIMG_0417 (resized).JPEGIMG_0418 (resized).JPEG

You're currently viewing posts matching search word(s) "glow".
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside