5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,822 posts
  • 434 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by chuckwurt
  • Topic is favorited by 194 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 935 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

4AE8C701-37B8-40A5-9C6D-812E988C454C (resized).jpeg
    E4699C7D-3ABB-427C-A060-C8F34B8DB42A (resized).jpeg
    A1654F08-335B-490E-B870-7DB311122869 (resized).jpeg
    4165EFA3-DE93-4FDF-9B30-60EBD1203FF0 (resized).jpeg
    FA658C85-249B-4B1F-A736-80A51AA0DA6A (resized).jpeg
    681F09DE-0C17-46A7-9995-8EA3FDC11079 (resized).jpeg
    655314C6-AA45-408C-8848-89A176C86141 (resized).jpeg
    8B85A41D-6C36-4407-8EB4-F22545E64D42 (resized).jpeg
    852778A9-7EA5-416A-AC75-C8F02C8398BA (resized).jpeg
    AE667478-702D-442D-923A-F738FF31E315 (resized).jpeg
    3A702C70-FED2-4AF2-8BAB-BFCFFED5B255 (resized).jpeg
    35690243-787E-489C-8B6D-125A9B47DC98 (resized).jpeg
    BF04A5EF-F9CE-48C9-90DD-636C0B9AC8B9 (resized).jpeg
    30E3CC6D-6D03-43AD-AC05-0FBF42CD9272 (resized).jpeg
    756582CA-E92A-425A-AF3F-1244D06670C5 (resized).jpeg
    32457D5A-2D90-4354-BDE3-C218C321E761 (resized).jpeg

There are 2822 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 57.
    #351 5 years ago
    Quoted from Xenon75:

They play very very similar to fresh ABC rubber.

Ok, now I gotta try these.

#352 5 years ago

Austin Powers in orange with white accents! Yeah baby!!!!

014.JPG
    020.JPG
    022.JPG
    023.JPG

#353 5 years ago

Why did these things have to come our right after I bought that assorted bucket of rubber?

My game had superbands on it when I bought it, but I pulled them off in favor or regular rubber. I found that I didn't like the stickiness of the superbands and the pins I played in league were rubber. The only thing I don't like about the rubber is how dirty it gets.

I might have to buy some of these to try them out.

#354 5 years ago

I think you and the rest of us are in the same position. I already replaced the rubber of every game I had in white just to make it look better and keep down on dirt. Now I'm doing every game over again. Titans rubber is just better looking and easier to clean. Like most, I like the shiny colors to match the game at hand. Twice the work but better results!!!

#355 5 years ago

Clear on Starsimage.jpg

#356 5 years ago

Lol I was about to ask you where the band was. Looks like it blends in pretty well with the bat.

#357 5 years ago

How long does it usually take for an order to ship, I placed one last Monday but still hasn't shipped?

#358 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

How long does it usually take for an order to ship, I placed one last Monday but still hasn't shipped?

check your paypal activity. when it ships there is a confirmation number that pops up there. I never receive emails saying that my orders have shipped. My guess is your order has already shipped.

#359 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

check your paypal activity. when it ships there is a confirmation number that pops up there. I never receive emails saying that my orders have shipped. My guess is your order has already shipped.

I didn't use pay pal, the order history on the website has the shipped field as no.

#360 5 years ago

I placed a couple of orders. The first I was really happy with the post sleeves, the second order seemed quite different, not the same kind of vibrant color, and all in all kind of "chalky". Was there a reason for the change in sleeves?

EDIT: I ordered the wrong sleeves, see titan post below.

#361 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

I didn't use pay pal, the order history on the website has the shipped field as no.

Gotcha. My statuses for shipment never changed to yes, and I got my shipments within a week for the 4 purchases that I have made so far. I would email or PM titan with your order number and inquire about it.

#362 5 years ago
    Quoted from Darscot:

We use Paypal for CC processing as well. They should have sent you a tracking number. If you would like to PM me your info, I'll check into it. We ship almost all orders within 24 hours, so I'm sure it's on the way. (First Class international shipping is kind of slow unfortunately)

#363 5 years ago
    Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The first I was really happy with the post sleeves, the second order seemed quite different, not the same kind of vibrant color, and all in all kind of "chalky". Was there a reason for the change in sleeves?

You actually ordered regular rubber posts for that order.

Some people prefer the regular rubber over the silicone posts, so I didn't think anything of it at the time. If you need some silicone posts instead, let me know and I'll discount them for you.

#364 5 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

We use Paypal for CC processing as well. They should have sent you a tracking number. If you would like to PM me your info, I'll check into it. We ship almost all orders within 24 hours, so I'm sure it's on the way. (First Class international shipping is kind of slow unfortunately)

Thanks, its actually already delivered, as I'm in Canada I had it shipped to a mail center in the US so didn't know it had arrived. Now just have to drive across and pick it up. Turned out it was super fast service.

#365 5 years ago

I have more to report in favor of the Titan rings. I installed a single ring on the left slingshot of a moderately to heavily played location Addams Family. I have a standard rubber ring ordered from Pinball Life on the right (no jab at PBL as they all come from the same source, just for reference). Both rings had become noticeably dirty during that 3 weeks time so I cleaned them up this morning. As you can see the Titan ring definitely shows less dirt. One dab of Novus 1 fully cleaned up the Titan ring, while 3 dabs of Pinball Life PinGuard rubber cleaner got the rubber ring as clean as I could possibly get it. As expected, the rubber is already absorbing dirt and slightly discoloring even after using 3 times as much cleaner, and not to mention a proper rubber cleaner vs. Novus 1.

Something else I had noticed lately but forgot to mention. Often when cleaning rubbers the lint from the cloth will stick to the ring, which is highly annoying. This doesn't seem to be an issue with the Titan silicone rings. As far as the compression issue, I actually got the opposite results. There may be a very very SLIGHT indention in the silicone ring from the kicker arm, but it's very hard to notice up close. The rubber ring has a noticeable groove from the kicker arm. So I see no concerns in my particular case with potential wear from the arm.

At the moment, both rings show no evidence of normal wear around the post bends.

image.jpg
    image-834.jpg
    image-865.jpg
    image-180.jpg
    image-895.jpg
    image-637.jpg
    image-458.jpg
    image-1289.jpg
    image-316.jpg
    image-754.jpg
    image-719.jpg

#366 5 years ago

You actually ordered regular rubber posts for that order.
    Some people prefer the regular rubber over the silicone posts, so I didn't think anything of it at the time. If you need some silicone posts instead, let me know and I'll discount them for you.

Thanks for the offer, that's not necessary as it was my fault (I wasn't paying attention to know that there was more than one type).

#367 5 years ago

Thanks for the offer, that's not necessary as it was my fault (I wasn't paying attention to know that there was more than one type).

Shame to let those go to waste. Can I have them? I kid, I kid...

#368 5 years ago

I put in a sample order myself, just got a handful of flipper and sling rubbers to try out. Looking forward to it.

I'll say this: I'm much more likely to buy in bulk once the kit thing is sorted out. If I can just click one button and get all the rings added to an order it's impulse shopping time!

#369 5 years ago

I just realized that my drop targets on my Big Game are bricking from time to time on using these rubbers. I have them pulled extra tight behind the drops to help prevent, but it doesn't completely eliminate the bricking like when I tried the same tactic with normal rubbers. I will keep tinkering with them, but just wanted to throw that out there.

#370 5 years ago

Are you gonna be at Allentown in may ?

#371 5 years ago
    Quoted from Lowrent:

Are you gonna be at Allentown in may ?

Unfortunately, no. But we will be a sponsor. I think they are going to use some Titan rings in the tournament, and we sent a bunch up for prizes and giveaways.

#372 5 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I'm much more likely to buy in bulk once the kit thing is sorted out. If I can just click one button and get all the rings added to an order it's impulse shopping time!

We have top men working on it right now...top men

#373 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I just realized that my drop targets on my Big Game are bricking from time to time on using these rubbers. I have them pulled extra tight behind the drops to help prevent, but it doesn't completely eliminate the bricking like when I tried the same tactic with normal rubbers. I will keep tinkering with them, but just wanted to throw that out there.

Loosen the posts behind the drops.

Push the posts away from the drops as you tighten them back down.

That extra 2mm of clearance is all it takes.

#375 5 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Loosen the posts behind the drops.
    Push the posts away from the drops as you tighten them back down.
    That extra 2mm of clearance is all it takes.

Thanks vid!

#376 5 years ago

Unfortunately, no. But we will be a sponsor. I think they are going to use some Titan rings in the tournament, and we sent a bunch up for prizes and giveaways.

Titan Pinball is a confirmed sponsor for Allentown and we will be using Competition Silicone Rings on most of the bank machines. Machines that are using the rings will be labeled so players can see the difference for themselves.

We have been using them during our league matches and so far the response is 100% positive. Unfortunately, the Super Bands and Saturn Rings had mixed reviews in league and tournament play because of the way they bounce and the way they grab/spin the ball. In what we have seen so far those issues are completely eliminated with Competition Silicone rings.

If anyone attending Allentown wants to inspect and get a feel for the rings in person just stop by the tournament booth and ask for me. We have several bulk kits of the rings we will be giving away as prizes so we can crack one open and let you check them out.

-Jay

#377 5 years ago

Put all the silicone rings on my White Water project. I really love how easily the post rings go on vs. the original rubbers. I almost killed my fingers installing those freaking rubber post rings on past games. These are clearly more flexible. I also really like the fact that they don't get dirty when installing them!! Oh man, that used to drive me crazy. If you had ANY kind of dirt or dust on your fingers it will show up on the rubber rings like mud on a pig. I had to clean the brand new rings because of this before even the first play!

#378 5 years ago
    Quoted from jrobinso99:

Titan Pinball is a confirmed sponsor for Allentown and we will be using Competition Silicone Rings on most of the bank machines. Machines that are using the rings will be labeled so players can see the difference for themselves.

We have been using them during our league matches and so far the response is 100% positive. Unfortunately, the Super Bands and Saturn Rings had mixed reviews in league and tournament play because of the way they bounce and the way they grab/spin the ball. In what we have seen so far those issues are completely eliminated with Competition Silicone rings.

If anyone attending Allentown wants to inspect and get a feel for the rings in person just stop by the tournament booth and ask for me. We have several bulk kits of the rings we will be giving away as prizes so we can crack one open and let you check them out.

-Jay

Cool! FYI The NBAFB I will have for sale in the free-play area will be outfitted with Titan rings if anyone wants to check them out there as well.

#379 5 years ago

We had a little hiccup with the new molds that set us back a couple of weeks, but everything is in production now. We should have new the sizes and colors in about 30 days.

The new sizes are 3 1/2, Stern Post (short), Mini flipper, and Gottlieb flipper.

We're bringing in a small run of Pink, Silver/Grey, and Glow in the Dark in all sizes that will be available to Pinsiders only for the first couple of weeks.

The Glow in the Dark will probably be about $.10 more per ring.

I can't wait to see them !

#380 5 years ago

Sounds great Matt .

Hmm ... glow in the dark rings . Sounds interesting . Will they look similar to clear / translucent ones but with that slightly green tinge that most glow in the dark stuff has . Just thinking they will look awesome on my Metallica as I've got the Laseriffic Master of Puppets topper which has the glow in the dark grave markers .

#381 5 years ago
    Quoted from MIL:

Will they look similar to clear / translucent ones but with that slightly green tinge that most glow in the dark stuff has

I think they will be leaning a good bit to the green side. Probably like a semi-translucent jade when not glowing.

I have no idea if they'll look good on anything, but I couldn't resist giving them a try

#382 5 years ago

Wouldn't gitd rubbers require light to "charge" them? Even then, wouldn't that charge be relatively limited? I wouldn't think they'd be very visible under normal gi unless the game blacks out during play. That's not to say they shouldn't be made.

#383 5 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Wouldn't gitd rubbers require light to "charge" them? Even then, wouldn't that charge be relatively limited? I wouldn't think they'd be very visible under normal gi unless the game blacks out during play. That's not to say they shouldn't be made.

Great point. Depending on the photoluminescent qualities, that would tell you how long they hold a charge. I've played around with GITD vinyl and that stuff stays charged and glows way longer if charged with UV light. I wonder if this is the same. Again, in order for these to serve a good purpose, in my mind, would be if they were used in a game that has modes or moments when the light are very dim or even completely off.

#384 5 years ago

Just put a new plunger rubber on my WCS,
    liking the responsiveness,
    this is the first weekend with it on.

#385 5 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Again, in order for these to serve a good purpose, in my mind, would be if they were used in a game that has modes or moments when the light are very dim or even completely off.

Life effing Metallica Prem/LE (and the Pro to a certain extent too)?

Lots of dark modes (Fade to Black!) and the GI going out.

I just tested orange Titan rubbers on my Tron's flippers. I'm digging them. They're not quite as saturated and shiny and blingy as the Super Bands, but I think they might play better, and that's what counts.

Need a little more time to try them out.

#386 5 years ago
    Quoted from 85vett:

Ah SOB!!! I just spent $300 swapping all my games over to clear rubbers. I'll have to try some of these out to see if it's worth swapping some over again. Those larger ones turned white when stretched so those may be the first ones to try out.
    Any chances you will be making these too? The ones that go at the end of a ramp.
    545-5428-00.jpg

I throw mylar stickers on these things to stop some of the powder it sprays on the games when they get hit.

#387 5 years ago

I for one, am glad to see the great support for an entrepeneur who has a great product to offer !

Once I get my next machine ( coming soon ), I will probably order for all 3 machines.

#388 5 years ago

The new sizes are 3 1/2, Stern Post (short), Mini flipper, and Gottlieb flipper.

Can't wait! These additions are going to allow me to re-rubber Super Mario Bros (Gottlieb flippers) and Starship Troopers (mini flipper and several short posts).

I put some left-over orange flipper rubbers I had in SST and they look great in that game since it has a lot of orange highlights in the playfield, so I may do SST up in orange rubbers, but will consider some different colors for different areas.

I'll have to think about colors for SMB. Green comes to mind, but red and blue might be better.

One observation I had about post sleeves: I replaced a couple of them on SST with Titan posts and noticed the ones I removed were firm, like the Cliffy post sleeves. They were black, but I'm not sure if they were stock or if they really were Cliffys. Are there standard post sleeves that are a firmer plastic or something? I'm just wondering if some games call for firmer post rubbers and some might need bouncier ones. I guess at the end of the day it would come down to user preference. I, for one, have been liking the bouncier posts in JP and like it so far on the couple of high impact posts in SST.

#389 5 years ago

The posts were probably still rubber, just a higher Shore rating. I don't know if Sega/Stern used a different manufacturer back in the day, but I've shopped a few from that era and the post rubber felt harder than Williams.

#390 5 years ago

Any chance you'll be adding 4"? I'd love to add these to the STTNG slings.

#391 5 years ago

I just got in a small order of these to try out. I greatly prefer them to super bands already. Not quite as sexy with the shine, but definitely play better, IMO.

#392 5 years ago

I just placed a small order to try them out.

#393 5 years ago

Any chance you'll be adding 4"?

We are definitely adding 4 inch. I'm not sure of the time frame, but the plan is to make molds for pretty much every type of ring. I'll post here anytime we are bringing in a new size.

#394 5 years ago

These are a little more uncommon, but consider making a mold for these T-shaped mini-post sleeves:
    Tee Post Rubber.jpg

#395 5 years ago

That's interesting. Where do you normally use those?

#396 5 years ago

That's interesting. Where do you normally use those?

space shuttle on each side of the ramp for example.

image-5.jpg
    #397 5 years ago
    Quoted from beatmaster:

Space Shuttle on each side of the ramp for example.

image-5.jpg

Space shuttle has tapered yellow rubber there not the T-rubber above, same one for pinbot below the pops

large.jpg

#398 5 years ago
    Quoted from calvin12:

Space Shuttle has tapered yellow rubber there not the T-rubber above, same one for pinbot below the pops
    large.jpg

oops, sorry my mistake. i was sure it was the same.

#399 5 years ago

Yep I think those are in the works. It was mentioned before.

#400 5 years ago

Indeed! The manufacturer is making CAD drawings of those now. I don't know when we'll have the molds made, but they are definitely on the list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 40.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 5.00
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 5,999.99
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Various Novelties
    Pinball Photos LLC
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Inc
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    € 10.00
    Playfield - Plastics
    Creo Pinball
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 122.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 12.00
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 6,295.00
    Pinball Machine
    The Pinball Place
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 199.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 9.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 109.99
    There are 2822 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 57.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside