4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,640 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 30 days ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 839 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEB3BE9B-D8F0-4FA8-885B-E1AF4F79C1B4 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_164340 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191857 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191908 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20190606_140851 (resized).jpg
    20190812_112800 (resized).jpg
    D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg

There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 53.
    #251 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been mentioned. I have a ton of the clear rubbers from PBL that I have used on all of my games for the past 8 months or so. Titans are softer and probably play a little more like traditional rubbers. Titans being softer make them easier to stretch around things as well. I like them both for different reasons. I do appreciate the Titans staying mostly clear when stretched. That being said I just ordered more Titans for AC/DC.

#252 4 years ago

Any chance of seeing conical posts anytime soon?

#253 4 years ago

I put some Titan flipper rubber on my AFM that previously had orange PBL rubbers on. The Titan seemed to have more grip and a little less bounce but I liked the feel better than superbands.
    I haven't played with red in a while so not sure how they compare.

#254 4 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

want to do my AC/DC Premium in Titan rubber but not sure which color to go with.
    Ooooh, go all red!

Red it is! Just ordered!!!

#255 4 years ago
    Quoted from sudsy7:

No, it's just 0.375" wide band instead of 0.5". It's still 1-1/2" I.D. I'd love to see these available, too!

I hadn't thought about those. I'll put them on the list.

Quoted from Crash:

Any chance of seeing conical posts anytime soon?

Do you mean these:
    http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/38-6579B

#256 4 years ago

I want to thank everyone for the support so far!

Every forum post, email, and PM is helpful. The response so far has been overwhelmingly positive, and people who don't care for them have offered constructive criticism.

We are reinvesting 100% back into these rings to try and bring more sizes and more colors.
    The goal over the next six months is to have all of the popular sizes available (and add some hot pink!)

Thanks again!

#257 4 years ago

I want to thank everyone for the support so far!
    Every forum post, email, and PM is helpful. The response so far has been overwhelmingly positive, and people who don't care for them have offered constructive criticism.
    We are reinvesting 100% back into these rings to try and bring more sizes and more colors.
    The goal over the next six months is to have all of the popular sizes available (and add some hot pink!)
    Thanks again

New favorite vendor. Thanks Titan!!!

#258 4 years ago

Yes those are the ones.

#259 4 years ago

Thanks again!

woooooo hooooooo, pink!

#260 4 years ago

This is the first product in a while that I really want to try.
    But I have a bunch of Gottlieb so need the flipper rubber for sure.

Any representative going to be at the Ohio show?

#261 4 years ago

Just ordered a bulk variety pack to try. Looking forward to trying them out!

#262 4 years ago
    Quoted from CNKay:

But I have a bunch of Gottlieb so need the flipper rubber for sure.

I think I'm going to put those on the short list. They will be part of the next few molds we order.

Quoted from CNKay:

Any representative going to be at the Ohio show?

Unfortunately, no.

#263 4 years ago

Once the mini flipper and stern posts are ready, I intend to get a set for my TSPP. What do you guys think for color. Obvious choice would be yellow, but may be too much with all the yellow already on it. Stick with white?

#264 4 years ago
    Quoted from bganzer:

Once the mini flipper and stern posts are ready, I intend to get a set for my TSPP. What do you guys think for color. Obvious choice would be yellow, but may be too much with all the yellow already on it. Stick with white?

I think pink in spots would look good. Orange in others? Red would be good too. I say get a few small sample packs one of each color and try them out.

#265 4 years ago

Purple might do well too like on the posts by the power plant stacks and around the lower playfield. Reds and yellows up by the couch.

#266 4 years ago

Yeah, might look good with a mix of colors

#267 4 years ago

We have had to temporarily pull international shipping over 13 ounces. USPS is not calculating correctly and is giving Priority the same rate as First Class. That was an expensive mistake

We're working on it now, and it should be fixed soon.

#268 4 years ago

Anyone else have durability/cleanliness reports?

#269 4 years ago

USPS is not calculating correctly and is giving Priority the same rate as First Class. That was an expensive mistake

Doh! Not even close to the same thing, I can tell you that.

#270 4 years ago

Just Titaned up my BSM. Game changing color/mix & match/anyway you want it!!

006.JPG
    001.JPG
    005.JPG
    009.JPG
    007.JPG

#271 4 years ago
    Quoted from neverahighscore:

Just Titaned up my BSM. Game changing color/mix & match/anyway you want it!!

Looks great thanks for posting the pics!

#272 4 years ago

My manufacturer has agreed to a small run of some new colors

So far it will be Pink and Glow in the Dark (I don't know what the price will be for GitD yet. Shouldn't be significantly more)

I need some input for a third color. I was thinking grey / silver. Perhaps one of these :

Titan Pinball Silicone Grey.jpg

Or, I am open to suggestions.

#273 4 years ago

My manufacturer has agreed to a small run of some new colors
    So far it will be Pink and Glow in the Dark (I don't know what the price will be for GitD yet. Shouldn't be significantly more)
    I need some input for a third color. I was thinking grey / silver. Perhaps one of these :
    Titan Pinball Silicone Grey.jpg
    Or, I am open to suggestions.

7045 would be my first pick and 9006 my second.

#274 4 years ago

Just wanted to put this out there. I have placed 3 orders now with Titan, great service, very competitive prices and the fastest shipping I have seen. GREAT JOB! Love the silicone bands, I will be ordering more!

#275 4 years ago

9006 or 7045. Others seem to have green or blue tint on computer monitor

#276 4 years ago

GITD! awesome. I don't have a use for them yet, but feel like I need to buy a bunch. Just in case.

#277 4 years ago

I also agree with those two colors. They look great, but if you asked me personally I would say 7045. 9006 looks a tad too light.

#278 4 years ago

I'm working on my 3rd order, and I don't think I can stop! The single most important factor is that the material properties between these and rubber are almost imperceptible. Otherwise, it's a deal-breaker and end of story (i.e., Superbands). The vibrancy of the colors make every machine more attractive, and the clear rings add a certain sparkle appeal that I like. Plus they are offered in just about any size or configuration that you can imagine (with more options in the near future). Cleanup is effortless. Durability we will see about, but I would have broken 2 or 3 Saturns by now. No negative reports on breakage thus far by anyone is very encouraging for this product.

BTW, the shipping speed and customer support is beyond amazing.

#279 4 years ago

Wish I looked for/knew about the bulk ordering discount before I ordered in bulk.

Maybe I can get special dispensation from Matt.

#280 4 years ago

I really love the kit database too. Super cool idea. I hope everyone takes time to submit their creations. Especially seeing multiple setups for the same game.

#281 4 years ago

Glow in the dark would look awesome on a BBB!

#282 4 years ago

I'd probably put glow in the dark on my EATPM, maybe Dr. Dude too. I'll bet they would light up pretty nice with some blue or UV LED spots

#283 4 years ago

I'm hoping someone can add the Star Trek Pro kit. I would if I could figure out what I need. I'm pretty new and having a hard time figuring out exactly what sizes I need to order to replace everything.

Quoted from chuckwurt:I really love the kit database too. Super cool idea. I hope everyone takes time to submit their creations. Especially seeing multiple setups for the same game.

#284 4 years ago
    Quoted from halpain24:

I'm hoping someone can add the Star Trek Pro kit. I would if I could figure out what I need. I'm pretty new and having a hard time figuring out exactly what sizes I need to order to replace everything.

I am bad at that too. What I did was ordered a sample pack. It should have one of each size they offer and the sizes are stamped on the rings themselves. then just go through your game using the sample pack to find out what sizes go where, then decide what colors to put where. Then create the kit in the database and then use that kit to make your order to use in your game.

#285 4 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I am bad at that too. What I did was ordered a sample pack. It should have one of each size they offer and the sizes are stamped on the rings themselves. then just go through your game using the sample pack to find out what sizes go where, then decide what colors to put where. Then create the kit in the database and then use that kit to make your order to use in your game.

The one problem with that is I'd like to have them on for TPF. but, I did figure out the sizes based on the "playfield rubber parts" picture in the manual. but those numbers don't match the quantity numbers on the previous page. I may just go with that for now though and see what happens. Then if it all fits I will create a kit for it.

#286 4 years ago
    Quoted from halpain24:

The one problem with that is I'd like to have them on for TPF. but, I did figure out the sizes based on the "playfield rubber parts" picture in the manual. but those numbers don't match the quantity numbers on the previous page. I may just go with that for now though and see what happens. Then if it all fits I will create a kit for it.

This is exactly why I bought a sample pack and found out the sizes and quantities for sure myself. You ignore what the manual says and use the sample kit from Titan to go rubber by rubber on your TAF and replace with what ever fits from the sample pack. Then jot down that size and keep a tally of what sizes are needed and how many of each as you go over the game. That is how I made the two kits for the two games that I submitted.

#287 4 years ago

I finally got around to taking more pics and inspecting closer. The rubbers held up great at the Louisville Arcade Expo. I had 586 total plays and I wiped the rubbers clean at the beginning of the final day. What you're seeing here is the dirt accumulated after 143 more plays on the final day. I expect that by this point the ball trough, bumpers and other areas the ball makes frequent contact with were transferring dirt onto the ball so the dirt situation was probably exacerbated by that. Even still, I don't think the dirt accumulation was that bad.

The only thing I noticed from a wear perspective is that the sling rubbers appear to have developed a permanent indentation where the sling arm makes contact. I tried photographing this on both slings. I don't know what the implications of this are. It might be fine staying this way or maybe the rubbers should be rotated periodically to reduce wear to the same spot.

I personally like the way everything plays with them in. The ball sure did get crazy up near the 4 upper posts, though. The ball saw a lot more air when hitting those than when the Cliffy posts were installed. I kind of like that aspect. Again, I haven't had regular rubbers on the posts, so don't have feedback for how the Titans compare to the regular rubber there. I did have regular rubber everywhere else, though, and I feel like the Titans are maybe bouncier (in a good way) though some of that could be attributed to aged rubbers.

Overall I'm happy with the product. Any changes to gameplay that I'm noticing are positive changes in my mind. I love the colors and can't imagine wanting to go back to boring white or black after this (Though I understand people may want to keep the look original and may buy black or white silicone rings, but not me. ). I also love the easy cleaning and what I perceive to be less dirt build-up as a result of these not transferring material onto the ball the way regular rubbers would.

Here are some pics.
    20150318_160401.jpg
    20150318_160345.jpg
    20150318_160339.jpg
    20150318_160330.jpg
    20150318_160306.jpg
    20150318_160251.jpg
    20150318_160243.jpg

#288 4 years ago
    Quoted from winteriscoming:

Overall I'm happy with the product. Any changes to gameplay that I'm noticing are positive changes in my mind. I love the colors and can't imagine wanting to go back to boring white or black after this (Though I understand people may want to keep the look original and may buy black or white silicone rings, but not me. ). I also love the easy cleaning and what I perceive to be less dirt build-up as a result of these not transferring material onto the ball the way regular rubbers would.

Very nice review! Good pics and information too!!!

#289 4 years ago

Interesting on the slingshots.

Looking closely, is it a dent, or did material wear away?

#290 4 years ago

Normal rubber rings tend to do that too. Check the picture of the old rings I removed a couple of pages back.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/3#post-2299233

#291 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Interesting on the slingshots.
    Looking closely, is it a dent, or did material wear away?

I think it's just dents. When I rotate the rubber up to look into the dents, I still see the edge line where the two mold halves met. They're not deep dents by any means.

#292 4 years ago

Awesome observation. Great to know it's not wear, but normal compression.

#293 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Awesome observation. Great to know it's not wear, but normal compression.

The only other thing I can think to point out about the slings is that I'm a half inch under what's called for. That means they're pulled slightly tighter than they might be otherwise. That may contribute some to the tendency to dent, but I have no way to know for sure.

#294 4 years ago

Thanks a lot for the pics and the info. It's interesting to see the dents. I have not experienced that on my machines, but I doubt I've put that abuse on them in a short amount of time.

I'm about to complete a shop job on a Data East, and I'll try to run a torture test with the correct size on the slings. I want to make sure this will not be a problem down the road.

#295 4 years ago

Anyone working on an Iron man kit. Id order one right now.

#296 4 years ago

The only other thing I can think to point out about the slings is that I'm a half inch under what's called for. That means they're pulled slightly tighter than they might be otherwise. That may contribute some to the tendency to dent, but I have no way to know for sure.

Is 2-1/2 considered too small? I see the numbers in your photo say 2-1/2.

#297 4 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Is 2-1/2 considered too small? I see the numbers in your photo say 2-1/2.

I think it calls for 2 3/4" which isn't a currently available size from Titan. 2 3/4" is what I had installed when I had regular rubbers in. 2 1/2" didn't feel too tight. For me it was preferable to 3" which I felt was a little too loose.

#299 4 years ago

my bulk kit arrived.

I like the rubbers very much. I mainly got translucent as that is what I use form the German supplier and wanted to compare. The TITANs do not turn white when stretched (sometimes I like that and other times I don't; depends on application) and wanted to note that for those whom care (again I do not see this as a pro or con, just different).

I like the feel of the flipper rubbers greatly and it will be interesting to see how they hold up.

The feel in hand is very similar to the German translucent stuff and that is a plus. The color selection is top notch.

Mini flipper rubber and standard but GTB flipper rubber width are the most needed IMHO.

I can say already that I am not a fan of the post sleeves and will stick with Cliffy for those. Mainly the post sleeves are not as dense as I desire and have more bounce. Some may like that, but I prefer cliffy stiffness.

#300 4 years ago

I think it calls for 2 3/4" which isn't a currently available size from Titan. 2 3/4" is what I had installed when I had regular rubbers in. 2 1/2" didn't feel too tight. For me it was preferable to 3" which I felt was a little too loose.

How about posting a kit for JP on the website?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 9,999.99
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 209.99
    $ 6,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 9,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 149.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 99.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 19.95
    Apparel - Women
    Pinball Wheezer
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 29.90
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Haus
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 28.00
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    € 6.50
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside