4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 58.
#2651 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ive got a Jurassic Park and a Stranger things on the way! Any advice what color titans for each? Green on JP and Red on STh?

Orange also looks good on JP: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-stern-2019-owners-club-welcome-to-jurassic-park/page/43#post-5255876

Yellow would also look good, but I haven't seen a pic. Here is one with Titan greens on the flipper bats and yellow everywhere else on my DE JP: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jurassic-park-club/page/145#post-5391055

For STh, I think purple would look nice: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-club-join-our-party/page/10#post-5407491

#2652 4 years ago

Stole this pix from another thread, but these are it..

0B92C0A4-44F3-4CF6-A0F8-5950F668445A (resized).jpeg0B92C0A4-44F3-4CF6-A0F8-5950F668445A (resized).jpeg
#2653 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Ive got a Jurassic Park and a Stranger things on the way! Any advice what color titans for each? Green on JP and Red on STh?

I’d go with dark blue on Stranger Things. Think that would look killer and blend with the blues on the PF nicely.

#2654 4 years ago

I remember those. I couldn't find them used on any other pins besides WOZ. Unfortunatly not worth having made due to the large minimum qty we have to run.

#2655 4 years ago

Ok thanks for the info. I completely understand

#2656 4 years ago

I have yellow Titan flipper rubbers and green post rubbers on my JPII and they look amazing. I initially tried red and didn't like it. It's on location, so not pic

#2658 4 years ago

Why isnt black coming up for me as an option for standard post sleeves....

#2659 4 years ago

Anyone know if Stern is using rubber or silicone on their new pins? Or a mix of both?

#2660 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

I emailed them about that a few days ago...have not received a response.

#2661 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

We are out. Gonna be a few weeks before we have more.

Quoted from mbeardsley:

I emailed them about that a few days ago...have not received a response.

Sorry about that. We didn't get any email from you. Did you send it to [email protected]?

#2662 4 years ago

I used the "contact form" on your website.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=information/contact

Maybe that's not working?

#2663 4 years ago

I tried to use that form to ask a question weeks ago and never got a reply either. Just an FYI.

#2665 4 years ago

I did dark blue on my Stranger Things. Turned out nice.

#2666 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Anyone know if Stern is using rubber or silicone on their new pins? Or a mix of both?

Bump (to my original question).

#2667 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Nice. I thought it would.

#2668 4 years ago

Stern uses suzo -happ rubber. Not silicone.
I don’t work for Stern so I’m just guessing here.

#2669 4 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Bump (to my original question).

Not a Stern thread. They suck either way.

#2670 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Not a Stern thread. They suck either way.

Your right, it's not a Stern thread. It's about if I should replace with Titans. But apologies anyway for trying figure out if newer Stern pins uses rubber or if I should replace with Titans, which I do on every pin I own that is rubber. Seems like my original post is appropriate since this is a Titan thread, and others might be curious.

#2671 4 years ago

Do you make Gottlieb fat flipper rubbers in black?

#2672 4 years ago

We do make 3/8” tall gottlieb flipper rubbers in all colors. Not sure what you mean by “fat”

#2673 4 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

We do make 3/8” tall gottlieb flipper rubbers in all colors. Not sure what you mean by “fat”

The fat flipper bats. I think the rubbers are the same for those and the later skinny gottlieb bats used in the late 80s - 90s

#2674 4 years ago

Ahhh. I k ow what you mean. Yes, the 3/8” gottlieb flipper rings do fit both.

#2675 4 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Pics?

#2676 4 years ago

Just finished installing a Titan kit on the Gottlieb Spiderman I’m restoring. Red rubbers with all new blue star posts looks awesome, especially with the clearcoated playfield.

Changed the red kit slightly, with green on the center drop bank, and dark blue on the flips and a few posts.
796C6AE2-E5F4-46EA-84E5-EF2A4BDEA349 (resized).jpeg796C6AE2-E5F4-46EA-84E5-EF2A4BDEA349 (resized).jpeg0D0976C9-A9F9-49D1-9045-99B4A305798E (resized).jpeg0D0976C9-A9F9-49D1-9045-99B4A305798E (resized).jpeg9DC21B7E-899C-47CA-AE6A-89E5218A2FDF (resized).jpeg9DC21B7E-899C-47CA-AE6A-89E5218A2FDF (resized).jpegD4DA0563-4E1D-4DB5-95D2-F1C16E532F56 (resized).jpegD4DA0563-4E1D-4DB5-95D2-F1C16E532F56 (resized).jpegBA23CD4D-7B4B-4287-A620-14D98B7A23D5 (resized).jpegBA23CD4D-7B4B-4287-A620-14D98B7A23D5 (resized).jpeg
1E372CC7-1DF4-4D44-B89D-7984E5E12A8D (resized).jpeg1E372CC7-1DF4-4D44-B89D-7984E5E12A8D (resized).jpeg

#2678 4 years ago

I wanted to report back on my ring experiment. I had a problem with regular rubber rings breaking on some of my pins. Super-Flite AKA 'Eater of Rings and Blower of Lamps' was the worst with one of the slingshot rubber rings breaking, on average, about once a month.

I began replacing the slingshot rings and the flipper rings on all of my pins on route with Titan Competition Silicone rings. It's been about two months on route and I have had none of them break. The Competition Silicone flipper rings do not wear at the end of the flipper like the rubber rings and are easy to clean. This has saved me time and money by reducing my service calls.

I bought some of the 2 3/4" rings to replace the 2 1/2" rings used on most slingshots. This did present a problem on Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man. The ball was getting stuck in the flipper inlane. I tightened that part of the ring and pulled the ring away from the inlane to fix the problem. I might have to go with a 2 1/2" ring instead of one of the 2 3/4" rings.

I will be using up the last of my rubber ring stock and slowly replacing them with Titan Competition Silicone rings.

Now if someone would start making some #44 and #47 incandescent lamps that last more than nine months, I would really be a happy camper!

Thanks Titan!

#2679 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

I bought some of the 2 3/4" rings to replace the 2 1/2" rings used on most slingshots. This did present a problem on Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man. The ball was getting stuck in the flipper inlane.

I tried that on quite a few games before too. There were a few games that I encountered your Pac-Man issue with, rubber was protruding a bit too much into the return lane.

On a few others, the rubber rested a little too loose after about 70 or so plays, and I had to constantly readjust the sling switches so the ball would cause good contact.

Some games going up a size did work pretty well.

#2680 4 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Now if someone would start making some #44 and #47 incandescent lamps that last more than nine months, I would really be a happy camper

I'd just bite the bullet and take the LED hit.
Sunlight White comet leds w/ frosted domes
Won't look the same; but at least they'd last forever.
At least until someone comes out with a retro LED bulb with "edison" led filament.

#2681 4 years ago

Our 1SMD LED bulbs are rated for longer life than our standard bulbs. Standard "single element" led bulbs (also called economy bulbs) are rated for about 2200 hrs. The 1SMD bulbs have a 5050 smd and are rated at around 25,000 hours. ALL leds have a lifespan. None of them stay bright forever.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=17&product_id=147

Here is a great explanation of LED degradation:
https://www.digikey.com/en/articles/techzone/2012/feb/understanding-the-cause-of-fading-in-high-brightness-leds

#2682 4 years ago

The 1SMD bulbs have a 5050 smd and are rated at around 25,000 hours. ALL leds have a lifespan. None of them stay bright forever.

I switched three machines over to these recently and I like them.

#2683 4 years ago

Curious as to when or if adult sized Titan tshirts gonna be in stock? Would love to show support, but have never seen any adult sizes on the site. Thanks!

#2684 4 years ago

Can someone post some pics of their Spiderman and/or Iron Man in Titan colored silicone rings. Need some ideas as to what color/s would look good

#2685 4 years ago

Here is an Iron Man I did recently. Did orange on the main, red posts and blue flippers

20191122_155517 (resized).jpg20191122_155517 (resized).jpg20191122_180038 (resized).jpg20191122_180038 (resized).jpg
#2686 4 years ago

And here is the SM. I didnt have a close up. Used clear on main, dark blue on posts and flippers.

20191121_132327 (resized).jpg20191121_132327 (resized).jpg
#2687 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Curious as to when or if adult sized Titan tshirts gonna be in stock? Would love to show support, but have never seen any adult sizes on the site. Thanks!

Yes! We will have shirts at TPF March 27-29. Whatever is left will be on the website after the show is over.

#2688 4 years ago

Yes! We will have shirts at TPF March 27-29. Whatever is left will be on the website after the show is over.

Great!

1 week later
#2689 4 years ago

So no TPF means big online sale starts at midnight!

https://www.titanpinball.com/

Same deals as the show:
$60 bulk kits,
$30 universal kits,
No Coupon Code needed.

Use Coupon Code TPF2020 for even better deals than at the show:
$10 Nut Driver sets WITH MAGNETS!
20% off individual silicone including kits from our ring database. 20% off ALL Tools including The new Pinwrench.
20% off Playfield parts such as Star Posts, Corner Washers, Mylar.
20% off Cabinet Parts like Cabinet Protectors, and Lockbar Receiver Decals.

PINMATS for $70!!! If you have tried one, you know there isn't any anti-fatigue mat on the market that even comes close.

And the best part: FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 states on all orders more than $150. Smaller orders that fit in a flat-rate envelope usually ship for no more than $8.99.

Sale ends Sunday at noon.

Whew! I'm sure I forgot something so check back for updates.

Disclaimer: Due to recent events, we are simply out of stock on some items. We are out of 2-1/2" black, Orange flipper and Black Post Sleeve. These options may be missing from the kit options. Please watch your Wish List for notifications about out of stock items. No rainchecks! Pick a different color
Pinballs and LEDs have thier own built in discount structure. the 20% off does not apply.

#2690 4 years ago

Does anyone know the exact correct kit for TZ? The manual is incorrect on several things and it seems every kit anyone has made has something incorrect on Titans page.

#2691 4 years ago

I put black titan flipper rubber on my lethal weapon 3. I have exact play counts i can look up, but the right flipper rubber got very chewed up in about 1000 plays about a half inch from the tip to the front side of the flipper was missing from the bottom half. The left flipper is showing some chunking at the lower part of the tip as well. I've heard such good things about titan, is this just an anomoly?

#2692 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Same deals as the show:
$60 bulk kits,
$30 universal kits,
No Coupon Code needed.
20% off individual silicone including kits from our ring database. 20% off ALL Tools including The new Pinwrench.
PINMATS for $70!!! If you have tried one, you know there isn't any anti-fatigue mat on the market that even comes close.
And the best part: FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 states on all orders more than $150. Smaller orders that fit in a flat-rate envelope usually ship for no more than $8.99.
Disclaimer: Due to recent events, we are simply out of stock on some items. We are out of 2-1/2" black, Orange flipper and Black Post Sleeve. These options may be missing from the kit options. Please watch your Wish List for notifications about out of stock items. No rainchecks! Pick a different color
Pinballs and LEDs have thier own built in discount structure. the 20% off does not apply.

It wouldn't let me add a shirt, even though it stated they are "in stock"

#2693 4 years ago
Quoted from KingHebes:

I put black titan flipper rubber on my lethal weapon 3. I have exact play counts i can look up, but the right flipper rubber got very chewed up in about 1000 plays about a half inch from the tip to the front side of the flipper was missing from the bottom half. The left flipper is showing some chunking at the lower part of the tip as well. I've heard such good things about titan, is this just an anomoly?

Rotate the rubber. Can’t expect any rubber on flippers to last more than a few thousand plays. But that does seem early for titans.

#2694 4 years ago

Yes, rotate you flipper and slings for max life. Also, make sure when you put any flipper rubber on that you push some slack toward the tip of the flipper bat.

#2695 4 years ago

Will you guys be shipping out orders that were placed for delivery at the TPF? If so, do you have an ETA for when those might ship? I was REALLY looking forward to not only picking up the existing order I made, but getting lots more stuff on an "impulse" basis from you at your booth at the show...

#2696 4 years ago

Same deals as the show:
$60 bulk kits,
$30 universal kits,
No Coupon Code needed.

Doh! I just bought....I did forget a 5/16 translucent rubber tho....$6 in shipping for one ring here I come! LOL....

#2697 4 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

Will you guys be shipping out orders that were placed for delivery at the TPF?

Absolutely! We announced that on facebook but I forgot to do it here. All TPF preorders will ship today at no charge.

I do have T-shirts and am working on getting them on the website right now. Hopefully later this afternoon.

#2698 4 years ago

Is there a bulk tub you can order? I love the clear/translucent ones and hate picking out each one or trusting a kit. I'd buy a bulk tub with sling rubbers, flipper rubbers and a few of each size ring. Can't find it on the site if there is one.

#2699 4 years ago

There’s a bulk kit in there for sure. I think it’s about 65 bucks. But it has a little bit of everything. I’d love a kit that was mostly:

2,2.25,2.5,3” rings

Then the most common rings between 1-2”

Flipper rubbers

#2700 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Is there a bulk tub you can order?

Absolutely! Our 100 ring bulk kits are on sale for $60! We Can't make Black for the main color at the moment because we are out of 2-1/2" black rings, but we have 12 other colors including translucent.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=57

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 54 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/54?hl=swampy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.