4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,619 posts
  • 397 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 20 days ago by Titan_Pinball
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 829 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg

There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 53.
    #2401 1 year ago

The ones I have on hand are all the original ones. They are as hard as silicone can get and still be silicone and they can still shred under the right circumstances. I'm waiting on mfg samples and when I get them I'll send you some to test for me if you are willing

#2402 1 year ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

The ones I have on hand are all the original ones. They are as hard as silicone can get and still be silicone and they can still shred under the right circumstances. I'm waiting on mfg samples and when I get them I'll send you some to test for me if you are willing

You know it! Send those bad boys out and ill toss them on the machines and report findings.

#2403 1 year ago
    Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Did my IMDN last night in Titan and mirror blades.

Not only does this look slick as heck but I bet the bounce and response of the balls are really more dynamic and even more fun!

#2404 1 year ago

Understood. I’ll wait to hear the reports on when the new batch of post sleeves comes in.

#2405 1 year ago

Harder. They are too soft and they shred when the post takes a lot of hard, direct hits. The original stern slim posts are just plastic like polyethylene or polypropylene.

Check out Cliffy sleeves for your research. They seem to have a good balance of durability and not too much bounce causing air balls.

1 month later
    #2406 1 year ago

Hey all! If anyone is waiting on orders, we are back from our summer trip from Texas to Iowa and back Orders packing now, stand by...

2 months later
    #2407 12 months ago

Hey there- wanted to report a couple issues I found. Ordered a kit (using the one listed for BM66 Prem) on behalf of a customer in Australia for his BM66. First, it appears the 7/8" post sleeves should be the standard 1" version (see his photo). Can't seem to find the part information in the manual and want to be 100% before ordering again. I've attached his photo showing the posts.

Second, the kit lists 7/16" ID rings, qty 2, when it should be 7/16" OD.

Lastly, there is a question about the 4 half inch post rubbers to go where the photo below indicates to the right of the Penguins head. Are these spacers or rubbers?
    image2-1 (resized).jpgimage3 (resized).jpg

#2409 12 months ago

Titan! Wow this thread has been toooooo silent lately! More pics! I’m going to do a AC/DC soon. I’ll post pics

#2410 12 months ago

Is that batman factory post tapered? It looks bigger on the top in that picture.

#2411 12 months ago
    Quoted from bam10:

Is that batman factory post tapered? It looks bigger on the top in that picture.

I don't think it is a tapered post but it is clearly taller and seems slimmer than the standard post. Maybe someone on the owners thread has swapped out for Titans and can help confirm the accurate sizes.

#2412 12 months ago

Love this product for home use, not a fan of the product on games on route. Redid two machines completely and in 2 months. Both machines had sling shots broken, 2 flippers busted and one up by one of the machines pop bumpers broke. That we’re on route. I know in the past, I have had twice replaced flipper rubbers and no games played on it and went to bed and woke up with them snapped into. Great customer service and will replace but air is always to blame and just a pain in my butt. However, have them in most of my games. Friend had the same issue on flippers. Hope they fix theses issues with air trapped inside the rubber.

#2413 12 months ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

Love this product for home use, not a fan of the product on games on route. Redid two machines completely and in 2 months. Both machines had sling shots broken, 2 flippers busted and one up by one of the machines pop bumpers broke. That we’re on route. I know in the past, I have had twice replaced flipper rubbers and no games played on it and went to bed and woke up with them snapped into. Great customer service and will replace but air is always to blame and just a pain in my butt. However, have them in most of my games. Friend had the same issue on flippers. Hope they fix theses issues with air trapped inside the rubber.

Are you talking about silicone or rubber?

#2414 12 months ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I love the look and performance of these Titan rings, but I've had a couple break recently as well. Some of the sizes seem REALLY tight, and it can be difficult to get the tension evened out during installation, meaning one side of the sling or flipper is tighter than a different side.

#2415 12 months ago
    Quoted from wdpvideo:

I have had twice replaced flipper rubbers and no games played on it and went to bed and woke up with them snapped into.

I bet those were "the other brand". Notorious for breaking all by themselves.

#2416 11 months ago

Love the Titan silicone rings. I do notice that he fits are not exactly equal to the standard black rubbers. If the silicone fits tight, particularly on slingshots, they are more fragile.

What’s the official word on this from Titan? (Please respond here if you like).

#2417 11 months ago

Played a Deadpool Pro with Titan slingshot and flipper rings and they feel real good.

#2418 11 months ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

Love the Titan silicone rings. I do notice that he fits are not exactly equal to the standard black rubbers. If the silicone fits tight, particularly on slingshots, they are more fragile.

If it's a modern Stern that calls out 2" rings for the slings, up-size them to 2" 1/4" or 2" 1/2". The 2" 1/4" size came about because of the difference in stretch.

#2419 11 months ago
    Quoted from Nevus:

If the silicone fits tight, particularly on slingshots, they are more fragile.

Definitely go up one size. New sterns need at least 2-1/4”

#2420 11 months ago

Definitely go up one size.

So you're saying "size does matter" and "bigger is better"? After all, you are "Titan"!

2 weeks later
    #2421 11 months ago

just ordered titan competition rings to do maintenance on the machines. from sega, allied leisure, williams, classic bally, and newish stern, went 2.5 for slingshots for all of them. they are a bit tight for the sam system sterns, but i'm sure they'll stretch out quick enough...they do react well right on install.

2 1/4 would seem too tight, but maybe spike system sterns need less rubber.

great product, and still a well run business model...thanks, titan.

#2422 11 months ago

Thanks! I have 2-3/4 as well if those snap too soon.

1 month later
    #2423 10 months ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Here's my first order.. Let me tell you, it was difficult getting all these rubbers entered in. I mean, I wish someone could have had a kit ready for me.. I ordered a complete set in light blue and yellow - the wife preferred the yellow, and I do too, at least up in the "sky" area. The shooter she decided to go blue, since it matched the colors on the shooter apron.
    [quoted image]

Bumping this thread.
    I noticed today, that... my yellow titans are now *white*. They.. faded.

BBZiwzY (resized).jpg
    #2424 10 months ago

^ LEDs or Incandescent?

Any natural light in the room?

#2425 10 months ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

^ LEDs or Incandescent?
    Any natural light in the room?

No natural light. No UV saved room lights (which are LEDs, not CFL). Game has incandescents installed, not LEDs.

#2426 10 months ago

Thats a little scary. I have never heard of this happening.

#2427 10 months ago

Looks to me like they are white. There is no hint of yellow. Are you sure you didn’t forget that you installed white? I mean seriously

#2428 10 months ago

I have a question. If you remove them from their posts, are they white through and through, or still yellow where they were not exposed?

#2429 10 months ago

I’ve had yellow Titans in one of my pins for well over two years now, and they are still quite yellow.

#2430 10 months ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Looks to me like they are white. There is no hint of yellow. Are you sure you didn’t forget that you installed white? I mean seriously

Follow the link back to his original post. They were most definitely yellow. He would have had to replace them all with white.

Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I have a question. If you remove them from their posts, are they white through and through, or still yellow where they were not exposed?

I’m curious about this as well. If it’s not light, could it be atmospheric?

#2431 10 months ago

I think it’s BS

#2432 10 months ago

I was under the impression that silicon was a solid color. Isn't the color mixed in with the silicon while molded?

#2433 10 months ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I was under the impression that silicon was a solid color. Isn't the color mixed in with the silicon while molded?

Yep! That dude has white not yellow.........

#2434 10 months ago

Cut one in half, it should be yellow facing the post.

#2435 10 months ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

Thats a little scary. I have never heard of this happening.

My other game is fine (Meteor), but it has blue/red, so I was surprised when I even noticed.

Quoted from Squeakman:

Quoted from vid1900:

Cut one in half, it should be yellow facing the post.

I'll do this when I get home tonight. I don't really *care* either way - but I found it surprising.
    Do Titans have markings on their rings, like PBL or Happ?

#2436 10 months ago

Have you emailed or PM’d Titan? I know the owner, and he is a great guy who loves pinball, and is committed to quality products. He may be out of pocket, since I usually see him respond pretty quickly here in the thread. Anyway, he possibly could provide some insight.

#2437 10 months ago

He's at the Houston Arcade Expo this weekend. I saw him last night....sure you will get a response when he has time. I've had great communication in the past.

#2438 10 months ago
    Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Have you emailed or PM’d Titan? I know the owner, and he is a great guy who loves pinball, and is committed to quality products. He may be out of pocket, since I usually see him respond pretty quickly here in the thread. Anyway, he possibly could provide some insight.

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

He's at the Houston Arcade Expo this weekend. I saw him last night....sure you will get a response when he has time. I've had great communication in the past.

Thanks guys - again, not that worried about it (the game only has a total of.. 14 rubber. Literally. SMALLEST order i ever placed. In fact, I ordered two sets - one yellow, one blue. I just thought it was interesting, because I didn't expect the silicon to fade either. The only thing different about this game vs the other with Titans is that this was at the York show shortly after the rubbers were installed, and it sat under a bright halogen (argon? I dunno.. one of those huge bright gym/stadium light..) But again, don't think that would have caused that to happen. (Unless someone opened the game up, and switched out the rubbers on me. Possible, but.. uh.. why?)

#2439 10 months ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

(Unless someone opened the game up, and switched out the rubbers on me. )

I think you solved it.

#2440 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I think you solved it.

I actually sent my (now) ex-wife a message, asking if she ever opened the game up to change out the colors in it. I haven't heard back yet. (She doesn't even know what a 'rubber' is (come-on, no jokes here..) - but, she IS the one that picked the colors for me to order..)

The only other time something coulda happened was AT the York show, I was gone a day, and someone local had the keys in case anything happened. I swear I woulda noticed, but.. hell if I know.

#2441 10 months ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Do Titans have markings on their rings, like PBL or Happ?

I'm not sure if the tiny rings are marked

#2442 10 months ago

Bump! Some titan eye candy. AC/DC in yellow. Up next, Monopoly!

363C9928-9B29-481E-8521-9CC2B5005776 (resized).jpeg6089780B-969E-47E0-B968-713239266E03 (resized).jpegCB96F78B-1997-4111-A5CC-0D8648E7049B (resized).jpegE22D1BE8-940A-48CA-AD44-2F1EB6913651 (resized).jpeg
    #2443 10 months ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Bumping this thread.
    I noticed today, that... my yellow titans are now *white*. They.. faded.

Sorry but just not possible. I’ll pay the postage if you want to send them back for me to examine. Those look just like our white rings.

#2444 10 months ago

I just had a thought, I wonder if those are our old colored rubber rings and not Silicone? We took them off the site in June 2016 so if they were bought before then they could be natural rubber and those could fade.

#2445 10 months ago

I just had a thought, I wonder if those are our old colored rubber rings and not Silicone? We took them off the site in June 2016 so if they were bought before then they could be natural rubber and those could fade.

That could be the case. (Haven't heard back from ex yet, either.) I remember when I placed an order (either for these or Meteor) that the (then) current site design made it difficult to tell which ones you were looking at when placing an order. The same order came with a blue plunger rubber, and that one is fine. No fading. So it's likely I messed up the order..! D'oh.

#2446 10 months ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

That could be the case. (Haven't heard back from ex yet, either.) I remember when I placed an order (either for these or Meteor) that the (then) current site design made it difficult to tell which ones you were looking at when placing an order. The same order came with a blue plunger rubber, and that one is fine. No fading. So it's likely I messed up the order..! D'oh.

That’s disappointing. I prefer to think that someone at the York show played an awesome practical joke on you and is just sitting back and watching the fun.

#2447 10 months ago

These babys are going on this week. Glow in the dark will be great for strobe multiball.

44528274_10157005004253901_5528286731507335168_n (resized).jpg44533011_10157005004548901_8852842455154819072_n (resized).jpg
    #2448 10 months ago
    Quoted from way2wyrd:

These babys are going on this week. Glow in the dark will be great for strobe multiball.

Jeff, is that you....modern machines? Weird

#2449 10 months ago
    Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Jeff, is that you....modern machines? Weird

Ive never been quite right in the head lol

#2450 10 months ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

That’s disappointing. I prefer to think that someone at the York show played an awesome practical joke on you and is just sitting back and watching the fun.

Hah! I'd have a good laugh if it was, honestly.
    Especially since it too me OVER A YEAR to effin' notice. Heh.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 49.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pixels Arcade Games
    $ 5,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Cabinet - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 21.00
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 269.99
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Boards
    PinSound Plus Out of stock
    PinSound
    € 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 445.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    $ 200.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 3.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 12.00
    $ 89.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    There are 2619 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside