4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 58.
#2351 6 years ago

I am getting ready to replace all my rubber rings on my Williams Indiana Jones. Originally I was going to just stick with all white. But I am intrigued by the translucent rings. Can anyone give any feedback on the translucent rings, whether specifically to IJ or other similar machines?
BTW, i have mostly incandescent bulbs in the game, so not sure if that makes a difference as well. Thank you

#2352 6 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

I am getting ready to replace all my rubber rings on my Williams Indiana Jones. Originally I was going to just stick with all white. But I am intrigued by the translucent rings. Can anyone give any feedback on the translucent rings, whether specifically to IJ or other similar machines?
BTW, i have mostly incandescent bulbs in the game, so not sure if that makes a difference as well. Thank you

Don’t know about IJ but I put translucent rings on the slings of my WOZ. They look great, and the light from under the slingshot plastics really shines through. Of course, WOZ is a total light show so it may be different with a traditional game with incandescents.

#2353 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Anyone else have any problems with the Titan sleeves not holding up? I just bought a bunch of color combos on the Black Friday sale, and after 100 plays on GotG, most of the post sleeves on the bottoms of the ramps are shredded. Maybe the purple ones are softer or somethin?

I have blue ones on my GOTG and they are shredded to and need to be changed already.

#2354 6 years ago

I'll have to keep an eye on my blue post sleeves. So far so good.....*touch wood*

#2355 6 years ago
Quoted from Fremen:

Translucent rings are all I use. Love them.

#2356 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I have blue ones on my GOTG and they are shredded to and need to be changed already.

Seems like the superbands are best for super high wear posts that get pounded. Not sure I’ve ever heard one of those breaking. Haha

#2357 6 years ago

Has anything ever happened w 2 1/4" translucents? Maybe they came and went without me seeing them? Heard they had been on order, but never saw them (TRON wants them badly).

Also ordered some 1 3/4" for my BM66LE last order. Labeling was "2" and they looked a bit dull, but fit, so I used one (there's only 1 under the turntable. Ideas?

Merry Christmas everyone, and Titan Rocks!!!!

#2358 6 years ago

I don’t think any color of 2 1/4 are available yet. I’m patiently waiting. I want a ton of them.

#2359 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I don’t think any color of 2 1/4 are available yet. I’m patiently waiting. I want a ton of them.

ditto!!!! white and clear for me.......many many sales await...

#2360 6 years ago

Titan kicks ass! Hobbit in orange.

IMG_1050 (resized).JPGIMG_1050 (resized).JPG

#2361 6 years ago

That Hobbit looks great! That GOTG looks amazing as well. We are finding out that stern slim post it failing early in areas that take a pounding. I'm afraid that there is just not enough thickness to take all that abuse. Hit me up at [email protected] if anyone wants some extras. Just let me know what your order number was. If there is room where the post goes, I recommend switching to a standard post. Obviously this wouldn't work in all situations, but the extra thickness of the silicone helps wear tremendously.

2-1/4" is on order, correctly this time . ETA is early February.

The current 1-3/4" is marked 2-1/4" incorrectly. I mis-communicated the size to the shop when they were made. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!

Eric

#2362 6 years ago

I've noticed the newer batches of translucents seem to be slightly thicker than previous batches. Particularly the 2 1/2" ones I use on the slings. Hope this is intentional. Merry Christmas Titan!!

#2363 6 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

2-1/4" is on order, correctly this time . ETA is early February.
The current 1-3/4" is marked 2-1/4" incorrectly. I mis-communicated the size to the shop when they were made. Have a Merry Christmas everyone!
Eric

Thanks Eric...new they were 2 "something", but smaller than my 2" I already had......I guessed right, and it fit fine.

Have a great Christmas!!!!!....mark

#2364 6 years ago
Quoted from thundergod76:

I've noticed the newer batches of translucents seem to be slightly thicker than previous batches. Particularly the 2 1/2" ones I use on the slings. Hope this is intentional. Merry Christmas Titan!!

My older batch of the above are slightly thicker as well.

Just put in my order yesterday. I'm also looking for the 2 1/4 in!

Merry xmas Titan and everybody

#2365 6 years ago

I just noticed today that my post sleeve behind the crane on my BM66 is getting demolished. Does Titan make stronger ones that don't bounce the balls like crazy off them?

#2366 6 years ago

I just noticed today that my post sleeve behind the crane on my BM66 is getting demolished. Does Titan make stronger ones that don't bounce the balls like crazy off them?

Have you considered Cliffy post sleeves? Less bounce and last forever.

#2367 6 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Have you considered Cliffy post sleeves? Less bounce and last forever.

I didn't know he made those!

#2368 6 years ago

He INVENTED them. Well maybe. But he's the man, buy his.

#2369 6 years ago

Thanks guys for the quick help.

#2370 6 years ago

That Hobbit looks great! That GOTG looks amazing as well. We are finding out that stern slim post it failing early in areas that take a pounding. I'm afraid that there is just not enough thickness to take all that abuse. Hit me up at [email protected] if anyone wants some extras. Just let me know what your order number was. If there is room where the post goes, I recommend switching to a standard post. Obviously this wouldn't work in all situations, but the extra thickness of the silicone helps wear tremendously.

Do you think the standard post sleeves would fit on GOTG at the bottom of the ramps?

#2371 6 years ago

Only one way to find out! Unfortunately, I don’t have access to a GOTG.

#2372 6 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Translucent rings are all I use. Love them.

Same here. All I use on the slings of all of my machines. Some are almost two years old and still look new. I clean them once a month lol

#2373 6 years ago
Quoted from djoverpour:

Do you think the standard post sleeves would fit on GOTG at the bottom of the ramps?

They will fit, but it going to make the gap shot even tighter. I am going to put some on mine, until i can get my hands on some superband slim sleeves ill try to remember to grab a picture when i do.

3 weeks later
#2374 6 years ago

Titan_Pinball just placed my second order, not sure when your web site was modified but it seemed to flow really well today!
Selection was quick and easy, checkout via Paypal worked great. Bump of thread for a great vendor!

#2375 6 years ago

Thanks! A HUGE thanks to Compy for hooking that up. We moved it to dedicated hosting a while back and it really helped.

1 month later
#2376 6 years ago

Just a heads up for anyone coming to TPF this year that we will not be able to build game-specific kits for machines at the show. The simple explanation is with over 500 sku#s in silicone rings, it's just not practical to bring every size in every color. We'll have bulk kits, common sizes, flipper rings, pinmats, shirts, tools... Safecracker loaded with TPF tokens

I can bring ANY preorder to the show all the way up until the 14th of March and you will save the shipping! So if you want a kit, please preorder! TPF2018 or TITAN10 gets you 10% off silicone!

1 week later
#2377 6 years ago

It's been a long wait but 2-1/4" rings are here! I have all colors except pink and grey, those will come later.

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=52

You heard it here first

#2378 6 years ago

It's been a long wait but 2-1/4" rings are here! I have all colors except pink and grey, those will come later.
You heard it here first

Finally!

#2379 6 years ago

You heard it here first

Any specific games that use 2-1/4 rings?

#2380 6 years ago

Seawitch

#2381 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

I’m going to put these on all my sling shots.

#2382 6 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Plenty. Most notably the slingshots on modern Stern pins.

#2383 6 years ago

Plenty. Most notably the slingshots on modern Stern pins.

I've been using the 2 1/2" slings since the 2 1/4" ones weren't available. I haven't had any issues. Should I switch?

#2384 6 years ago

I've been using the 2 1/2" slings since the 2 1/4" ones weren't available. I haven't had any issues. Should I switch?

Depends. In some situations the ball can get caught behind the sling because they are too loose. Some games the ball can have trouble running down the inlane. Just depends. If you’re experiencing no issues, stay the course. I like my slings tight, but 2” were too tight and caused breaks.

#2385 6 years ago

Yes, most notably. If they seem a little tight when you put them on. They will break in a few months.

#2386 6 years ago

Once you get the correct sizes. These rubbers look and play great.

#2387 6 years ago

2-1/2” works for me on most modern games. I think I use 2-3/4” rings on Sega slingshots as it seems these are slightly bigger.

#2388 6 years ago

I've been using 2-3/4" on some classic bally's too...

#2389 6 years ago

Are you guys coming to MGC?

#2390 6 years ago

Not this year. I'm working towards stepping away from my full time gig mid 2020. After that we may start hitting more shows than just TPF and Houston.

#2391 6 years ago

Installed blue on Paragon this morning
IMG_2517 (resized).JPGIMG_2517 (resized).JPGIMG_2518 (resized).JPGIMG_2518 (resized).JPGIMG_2519 (resized).JPGIMG_2519 (resized).JPG

#2392 6 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Installed blue on Paragon this morning

Looks great! - "I'm blue da ba dee da ba daa . . ."

1 month later
#2393 6 years ago

Did my IMDN last night in Titan and mirror blades.

IMG_5501 (resized).JPGIMG_5501 (resized).JPG

IMG_5502 (resized).JPGIMG_5502 (resized).JPG

IMG_5503 (resized).JPGIMG_5503 (resized).JPG

IMG_5505 (resized).JPGIMG_5505 (resized).JPG

IMG_5506 (resized).JPGIMG_5506 (resized).JPG

IMG_5507 (resized).JPGIMG_5507 (resized).JPG

IMG_5508 (resized).JPGIMG_5508 (resized).JPG

IMG_5512 (resized).JPGIMG_5512 (resized).JPG

#2394 6 years ago

Looks awesome. Love the colors.

#2395 6 years ago

Ill get the complete kit uploaded to the site as soon as its updated with Iron Maiden as a select able game to make a kit for.

#2396 6 years ago

Amazing! Let me know how those slim posts hold up. We've been messing with the hardness.

#2397 6 years ago

Amazing! Let me know how those slim posts hold up. We've been messing with the hardness.

Have you been trying to make them softer?

#2398 6 years ago

Harder. They are too soft and they shred when the post takes a lot of hard, direct hits. The original stern slim posts are just plastic like polyethylene or polypropylene.

#2399 6 years ago

Harder. They are too soft and they shred when the post takes a lot of hard, direct hits. The original stern slim posts are just plastic like polyethylene or polypropylene.

Oh cool. I would be interested in trying them on my X Files. The old hardness (which I got in blue) shredded right away from the constant abuse, and you were very kind to replace with standard post sleeves. But those are thicker, and it would be nice to go back to something a bit thinner. I’ll get some with my next order.

#2400 6 years ago

I had put some slims on my guardians and they didn't last more then a couple of weeks at the location. As i was putting all of these on i was wondering if i would have the same issue as i bought them all at around the sametime. Are the current ones in stock the harder ones? If so i will probably place an order to have some on hand.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/48 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.