4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,640 posts
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 29 days ago by Gumby510
  • Topic is favorited by 183 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 839 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

DEB3BE9B-D8F0-4FA8-885B-E1AF4F79C1B4 (resized).jpeg
    20190311_164340 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191857 (resized).jpg
    20190726_191908 (resized).jpg
    20180419_120628 (resized).jpg
    20190606_140851 (resized).jpg
    20190812_112800 (resized).jpg
    D3A5C2A9-2C35-4473-9859-99EE6923F9E4 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg

There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 53.
    #2151 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

So I have a question.
    I purchased an order for my Meteor before the company changed hands. I just placed my second order beginning of this month, which was only flipper rubbers.
    The flipper rubbers I got in this order are deader and shinier - these really look like super-bands. Was there a change in the manufacturing process? Or did I order the wrong bands?

They should have a Titan stamp on them. Got a pic?

#2152 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

They should have a Titan stamp on them. Got a pic?

Yup, they do. Here's a pic of two of them. The dark blue is from the recent order, and the light blue from the previous order. It's hard to tell from the camera, but the lighter blue is less 'glossy' than the flipper is..

JxKFbHz (resized).jpg

lGsZAUy (resized).jpg

#2153 2 years ago

Cool. Pretty sure they only offer silicone now and those look like the blues I have been ordering a lot recently. Haven't noticed any changes in them. I mostly get translucent and flipper rings though.

#2154 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Cool. Pretty sure they only offer silicone now and those look like the blues I have been ordering a lot recently. Haven't noticed any changes in them. I mostly get translucent and flipper rings though.

Okay, interesting then! Thanks for the clarification, at least!

#2155 2 years ago

Can someone answer a quick question for me so I don't have to read 44 pages?

Do the Titan flipper rubbers perform like "normal" rubbers, or like super bands? I like the longevity and color of super bands, but I hate the way they play.

#2156 2 years ago
    Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Do the Titan flipper rubbers perform like "normal" rubbers, or like super bands? I like the longevity and color of super bands, but I hate the way they play.

IMHO, They're not as bad as Superbands, but not up to full-rubber bouncyness. This is what I just discovered above with my recent order.

Edit to add: I'm comparing against red rubber. I've never liked the dead feeling of black flipper rubber, so I never use it.

#2157 2 years ago

Thanks. I'll stick with standard rubber in that case.

#2158 2 years ago

to my knowledge all titan rubber is based off the bounce and feel of red rubber. I cant remember the word that used for it, dura something I think its called. Im sure eric will chime in. So if you are used to playing with black flipper rubber the will feel different if you are used to red flipper rubber they should feel the same.

#2159 2 years ago

Just placed my order today for the SBM I'm restoring, it's still ways away from needing rubbers, but I'm trying to get everything together sooner rather than later.
    Looking forward to seeing these!

#2160 2 years ago

Any idea on when the white rubber will be coming in?

#2161 2 years ago

Rings and flipper rubber are shore A45 which is supposed to be exactly the same as red flipper rubber/white rings. White 5/16 should be here in a week or two at the most.

#2162 2 years ago

Titan rubbers are generally far superior to Superbands but they do not play or feel like traditional rubber. The durometer may be similar but to me they're slightly harder and a bit dull on both flippers and rings. I do really like the thin flipper rubber they offer as a means of helping games with flipper hop that isn't able to be adjusted out, unfortunately the compromise is a really dead dead bounce. The post sleeves look nice and bounce a lot better than ones from Cliffy. In general, unless you're looking to rainbow sherbet your pins, or you need a more durable flipper rubber for location play (I am a Titan customer for this reason), traditional is by far the best playing, and most economically sensible choice.

#2163 2 years ago
    Quoted from jay:

Titan rubbers are generally far superior to Superbands but they do not play or feel like traditional rubber. The durometer may be similar but to me they're slightly harder and a bit dull on both flippers and rings. I do really like the thin flipper rubber they offer as a means of helping games with flipper hop that isn't able to be adjusted out, unfortunately the compromise is a really dead dead bounce. The post sleeves look nice and bounce a lot better than ones from Cliffy. In general, unless you're looking to rainbow sherbet your pins, or you need a more durable flipper rubber for location play (I am a Titan customer for this reason), traditional is by far the best playing, and most economically sensible choice.

I don't get the dead bounce stuff. I've heard this a number of times. If you want to breathe new life into an early solid state (most of my collection) or EMs, install Titans rings. It's like you rebuilt all the solenoids but didn't. Maybe it is different with modern games.

#2164 2 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

I don't get the dead bounce stuff. I've heard this a number of times. If you want to breathe new life into an early solid state (most of my collection) or EMs, install Titans rings. It's like you rebuilt all the solenoids but didn't. Maybe it is different with modern games.

"Don't get it" how?

Perfect example for me -
    Twilight Zone. Lock's lit, or EB is lit. Ball is in the slot scoop. Ball get kicked out.. It hits the lower-right flipper. DON'T flip. Ball bounces across to the left flipper. Catch ball, then make shot right up into the Lock.

That's a 'dead flip', and something I do QUITE often. On other games as well. With 'dead' rubber, you can't do that - the ball doesn't bounce, so when it hits that right flipper, it rolls down the drain.

With these latest Titans in my TZ - I can't do this. Bounce isn't great enough to get it over to the let flipper. Red rubber, it does. Hell, this weekend I can ever record a video to show the difference, if wanted.

#2165 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

"Don't get it" how?
    Perfect example for me -
    Twilight Zone. Lock's lit, or EB is lit. Ball is in the slot scoop. Ball get kicked out.. It hits the lower-right flipper. DON'T flip. Ball bounces across to the left flipper. Catch ball, then make shot right up into the Lock.
    That's a 'dead flip', and something I do QUITE often. On other games as well. With 'dead' rubber, you can't do that - the ball doesn't bounce, so when it hits that right flipper, it rolls down the drain.
    With these latest Titans in my TZ - I can't do this. Bounce isn't great enough to get it over to the let flipper. Red rubber, it does. Hell, this weekend I can ever record a video to show the difference, if wanted.

Please do. The the main reason I pick Titan over superbands is that they dead bounce incredibly well, like better than real rubber. I get perfect dead bounces from a ball that is barely even moving. So confused by this post. But then again I'm mainly playing new sterns early SS and EMs. I only have one WPC game.

#2166 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Please do. The the main reason I pick Titan over superbands is that they dead bounce incredibly well, like better than real rubber. I get perfect dead bounces from a ball that is barely even moving. So confused by this post. But then again I'm mainly playing new sterns early SS and EMs. I only have one WPC game.

I will make a video this weekend. (Can't until then because of work projects.)
    Like I mentioned above - I got some titans for my Meteor back beginning of the year, and they seem to be much more bouncy than the ones I just got. In a different color, maybe that can affect them? I dunno. I'm confused myself. So for the time being, I went back to rubber. I still have them, and will shoot a few vids this weekend.

#2167 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

I will make a video this weekend. (Can't until then because of work projects.)
    Like I mentioned above - I got some titans for my Meteor back beginning of the year, and they seem to be much more bouncy than the ones I just got. In a different color, maybe that can affect them? I dunno. I'm confused myself. So for the time being, I went back to rubber. I still have them, and will shoot a few vids this weekend.

Cool thanks.

#2168 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

"Don't get it" how?
    Perfect example for me -

My thoughts on Titan rings isn't limited to just flippers but that is where most of the discussion is centered.

The Twilight Zone flipper rings, did you buy the standard or thin? Also, Titan used to sell silicone and rubber rings. I know in the past people bought rubber thinking it was silicone.

#2169 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

"Don't get it" how?
    Perfect example for me -

That's funny because on the TZ that I'm shopping out now, I get a very consistent dead flipper pass from the slot machine kickout. My slot kicks out near the lower 1/3 of the right flipper and it can kickout and pass 99% of the time. I love the feel of Titan rubbers. I have PBL Perfect play silicon flipper rubbers on TWD, and they "just don't feel right." Just put in an order for the lower half of the machine because the Titan stuff just feels better. It's hard to explain. Maybe because I'm just so used to them.

#2170 2 years ago

I actually feel like titans rings are very bouncy, maybe even more so than rubber. Haven't had issues with dead bouncing, or lack of.

#2171 2 years ago

My thoughts on Titan rings isn't limited to just flippers but that is where most of the discussion is centered.The Twilight Zone flipper rings, did you buy the standard or thin? Also, Titan used to sell silicone and rubber rings. I know in the past people bought rubber thinking it was silicone.

That's what I was wondering. Looked at my order, and the part number is 'CS-FLIP-BL', which as far as I can tell isn't the thin ones, nor the rubbers.

#2172 2 years ago

The last thing I would ever do is put Titan rubber in a solid state or EM game—unless a customer asked me to. To each his own obviously.

I also never said they didn't bounce, I said "...to me they're slightly harder and a bit dull." I absolutely stand by that. They "feel" slightly harder and a bit dull to me, regardless of the measured shore rating. You can feel what you like.

#2173 2 years ago
    Quoted from jay:

The last thing I would ever do is put Titan rubber in a solid state or EM game—unless a customer asked me to. To each his own obviously.

Well I only use white...mostly.

#2175 2 years ago

Any time now. Hopefully just a few days.

#2176 2 years ago

Not enough photos on this topic!

Here's my Night Moves, newly-fitted throughout with Titan rings and about 65% Titan LED's.

P7290166 (resized).JPG

P7290167 (resized).JPG

P7290169 (resized).JPG

P7290170 (resized).JPG

P7290172 (resized).JPG

#2177 2 years ago

Do you happen to have a waiting list system for the backorder?

5/16" clear

#2178 2 years ago

5/16" white, clear and orange are all back in stock at titanpinball.com

Thanks for your patience everyone!

#2179 2 years ago

Awesome, for one will be placing another order now!!

#2180 2 years ago

To me they feel very close to a black rubber, at least on the flippers. Drop catches are much easier than on fresh reds, and dead bounces are possible, but weaker. I use them anywhere that the action of a regular black rubber would work, but I'm hesitant on EMs, or on modern machines that already have long playing times. Not like it's hard to swap rubbers on EMs anyways.

Titans will generally make things easier, particularly for highly skilled players. If you are accustomed to playing on games with real rubber, you will notice ball-spin and bounces that move the ball in surprising ways. Most casual players will never even think about it.

To be clear, this is meant to be an endorsement! I use Titans exclusively on my restores (except for EMs), and have only had good experiences with gameplay, ease-of-cleaning, aesthetics, and customer service. Xenon looks great with all translucents! All of my machines are on route, and I consider them to be a solid long-term investment, particularly in my own free-time.

I still use real rubber on all outlane posts. All of the synthetic post rubbers I've tried are way too bouncy for my taste, often auto-saving a ball from an outlane where skillful nudging would usually be required. I would be very interested if they ever offered "deader" post rubbers or softer flipper rubbers, but at the end of the day it's a great product and everybody should buy lots of them.

#2181 2 years ago

Oh, thanks for bumping this. I have videos. I need to paste them together and post it up.

In short, I took three videos - one with red flippers, one with Titans, and one with blue flipper rubbers. (Just because I happened to use these on my TZ.) I never use black flipper rubbers, so didn't have any to record.

There IS a bounce to the Titans - but it is LESS than red flipper. May be more aligned with black. But the BLUE had a lot more bounce than either of the other two.

#2182 2 years ago

Thanks for the feedback! It's always a pleasure to hear good things, and an opportunity for improvement when we hear not-so-good things.

Quoted from Coyote:

I have videos. I need to paste them together and post it up

That's awesome! Great idea. Can't wait to see them.

#2183 2 years ago

What are people using for Stern Star Trek? I'm due for a rubber change.

#2184 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I did blue and its sweet

#2185 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I used light blue for flipper rubber, purple for the third flipper and tehn clear for the playfield. Looks great.

#2186 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

Orange for the slings looks great.

#2187 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

I did blue and its sweet

Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I used light blue for flipper rubber, purple for the third flipper and tehn clear for the playfield. Looks great.

Quoted from Nokoro:

Orange for the slings looks great.

Thanks for the suggestions! Probably end up ordering some different options and play around.

#2188 2 years ago

Just ordered Grey for AFMr LE!

#2189 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I went with blue all over, with clear slings. Way better than stock black rubber.

#2190 2 years ago

Feast your eyes upon AFMr LE with Grey Titans! Aint she a beauty?

IMG_1056 (resized).JPG

IMG_1057 (resized).JPG

IMG_1058 (resized).JPG

IMG_1059 (resized).JPG

IMG_1060 (resized).JPG

IMG_1061 (resized).JPG

IMG_1062 (resized).JPG

#2191 2 years ago

Hey guys -
    Here's a completely unscientific, long, and boring video. I'm not a videographer, I can barely take photographs without them comin' out messed up. So, ignore the technical quality of it, please.

First are the Titans.
    Then come the Reds.
    Then, just for kicks (you don't have to watch it) are blue rubbers - old Gottlieb rubbers. (My favorite, personally!)

You can see the difference - the blue rubbers are hugely bouncy, then followed by the red rubbers, and finally, the Titans. They DO still bounce, but it's not as much as the Red, may be on-par with black.

And yes, I need to aim my slot kickout. It's far out of alignment.

#2192 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys -
    Here's a completely unscientific, long, and boring video. I'm not a videographer, I can barely take photographs without them comin' out messed up. So, ignore the technical quality of it, please.
    » YouTube video
    First are the Titans.
    Then come the Reds.
    Then, just for kicks (you don't have to watch it) are blue rubbers - old Gottlieb rubbers. (My favorite, personally!)
    You can see the difference - the blue rubbers are hugely bouncy, then followed by the red rubbers, and finally, the Titans. They DO still bounce, but it's not as much as the Red, may be on-par with black.
    And yes, I need to aim my slot kickout. It's far out of alignment.

Just my point. No noticeable difference. Hahaha. Seriously you can tell a difference? I can't. I guess that's why I like the play of Titans so much.

#2193 2 years ago
    Quoted from Coyote:

Hey guys -

Thanks for the post! I have a question. Hard to tell, but is there any slop in the flippers? This is usually from worn bushings. It can sneak up on you, but I have been amazed at the performance difference of freshly rebuild flippers. Playing on location I come across games all the time where the bounce pass doesn't happen because the bat soaked up all the energy.

#2194 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just my point. No noticeable difference. Hahaha. Seriously you can tell a difference? I can't. I guess that's why I like the play of Titans so much.

I can - the red bounce a lot higher up against the slings.

Thanks for the post! I have a question. Hard to tell, but is there any slop in the flippers? This is usually from worn bushings. It can sneak up on you, but I have been amazed at the performance difference of freshly rebuild flippers. Playing on location I come across games all the time where the bounce pass doesn't happen because the bat soaked up all the energy.

There *shouldn't* be. They were all rebuilt about 300 games ago. (Back in May.)

But it's also why I did ten shots from the kicker on each type.

#2195 2 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've never noticed a difference either. I'll continue to put Titan rubbers on all my pins just for the fact that they don't dirty my playfields like traditional black rubber. That alone is worth the time and money of replacing the rubbers to me.

#2196 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Damn that looks sweet, I would never have thought of using grey. I always try and match the post or plastics. It really looks good how you matched the playfield background.

#2197 2 years ago
    Quoted from Rascal_H:

I'm about to do my first full Titan set on my ST Premium and I'm doing blue too.

#2198 2 years ago
    Quoted from gunstarhero:

I'm about to do my first full Titan set on my ST Premium and I'm doing blue too.

My blue set arrived today. I ordered the ST set listed on their site. It's going to have translucent sling rubbers which I think will be cool.

#2199 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Man, that does look great!!! I was going to experiment w a green fest, but like how yours turned out....

#2200 2 years ago

Any news on TOTAN lamp posts yet?
    Does your site save carts, tried, when i went back my stuff was gone?
    Was it a logged out thing maybe?
    Thanks.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 49.00
    $ 6.00
    Electronics
    German-Pinball-Modular
    € 12.50
    Playfield - Plastics
    Multigame
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 14.95
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 75.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    The Pinball Vault
    € 279.00
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    CzTV Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Williamson Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Other
    Slap Save Creations
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 399.99
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Top-Notch Target Shields
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 7,299.00
    Pinball Machine
    Flip N Out Pinball
    $ 90.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    There are 2640 posts in this topic. You are on page 44 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside