4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 58.
#151 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

I love how glossy and bright they are!

I really like the look of the Super Bands, am curious how these compare on looks alone. They seem to have more the look of the original rubber. But, if they play alot closer to original rubber than I would probably give them a shot.

#152 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Any chances you will be making these too? The ones that go at the end of a ramp.

Anything is possible. If there is enough demand, I'll bring in any type of rubber. I have to be selective though. It's not cheap bringing in a new size.

So far, I think the next two molds will be 3 1/2 and small flipper. If enough people want them, I may bring in the Stern post at the same time.

#153 9 years ago

We've done a little work on the kit database. It should be easier to use now.

-Added link from Titan Pinball on top menu
-Added big green "Add a New Kit" button to kit home page
-Removed "Suppliers" for now. This will eventually link to any supplier that wants to participate.

Remember, if you create a kit and then buy it from Titan Pinball, shoot me a PM and I'll take 15% off the kit (you still have to add it manually to your cart for now).

Big thanks to everyone who has contributed and given feedback!

#154 9 years ago

I'll be adding a Crescendo/Groovy/Psychedelic kit once I verify the correctness of the kit that PBR sent me (I'm sure it's fine and they probably took it directly off the schematic..)

I'm thinking purple rubbers..

#155 9 years ago

just ordered a combo of orange and white rubber for my NBAFB that I'm probably bringing to Allentown. Pretty psyched to try these out! Too bad I forgot to enter the discount code

#157 9 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

just ordered a combo of orange and white rubber for my NBAFB that I'm probably bringing to Allentown. Pretty psyched to try these out! Too bad I forgot to enter the discount code

....AND Titan Pinball came through and gave the discount even though I forgot it! I like you guys already! Thanks!

#158 9 years ago

looking forward to how these hold up, esp compared to the German translucent ones which do great on location and stay clean better than regulars.

If these new Titans stay clean and hold up then I am in for some big bulk orders.

#159 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Installed a few in Addams #2. Want to see how they hold up before I do some more. I love how glossy and bright they are!

image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

That flipper rubber has seen better days.

#160 9 years ago
Quoted from judremy:

That flipper rubber has seen better days.

Yep getting swapped for sure. Which is another reason to love silicone/polyurethane rings!

#161 9 years ago

At 9:06 PM central time the web site is down....

#162 9 years ago

Working for me.

#163 9 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

At 9:06 PM central time the web site is down....

It's working for me as well. Can you see anything?

#164 9 years ago

It's back up now. Don't see the translucent rings though. Do you have a direct link?

#166 9 years ago

Just got my purple set for CV, they look awesome! A really nice match with the violet apron color.

#167 9 years ago
Quoted from TunaSled:

Just got my purple set for CV, they look awesome! A really nice match with the violet apron color.

I want pictures!

#168 9 years ago

Silicone- the material of tomorrow.... here today!

silicone.jpegsilicone.jpeg

#169 9 years ago

Once on, you'll get pictures. I have a No Fear on the bench first.

#170 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

We don't have the molds for those yet!

#171 9 years ago

Have to get some "tittie pink" silicone.......

#172 9 years ago

I am anxious to here the reviews after they have seen some plays. Are you working on providing shipping to Canada?

#173 9 years ago
Quoted from Gorno:

Are you working on providing shipping to Canada?

I just realized we only offered First Class International

I have added Express and Priority International.

USPS can sometimes come up with some large numbers for shipping.
We do a pretty good job of refunding excess shipping charges.

You can always contact us about shipping. We'll do our best to keep the charges under control.

#174 9 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Ah SOB!!! I just spent $300 swapping all my games over to clear rubbers. I'll have to try some of these out to see if it's worth swapping some over again. Those larger ones turned white when stretched so those may be the first ones to try out.
Any chances you will be making these too? The ones that go at the end of a ramp.
545-5428-00.jpg

For the time being I put mylar stickers over all black posts like this
in my games to contain the wear down and spray or rubber from them...

#175 9 years ago

Why are you using the term "competition?" I'm very interest in some of these but would really like to hear some impressions of the flipper feel.

#176 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why are you using the term "competition?" I'm very interest in some of these but would really like to hear some impressions of the flipper feel.

They act FAR more like rubber than SuperBands......IMHO. I've been using them for a few days now and I think they dead bounce pass perfectly.....I really like them. The only remaining question is on longevity.

#178 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

My guess is because they are too badass to be called plain old silicone rubbers. Sounds more like a prophylactic than a pinball machine part. Marketing genius right there.

#179 9 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is because they are too badass to be called plain old silicone rubbers. Sounds more like a prophylactic than a pinball machine part. Marketing genius right there.

I didn't know if the IFPA had approved them or something. I know at some point they had approved or designed one of the newer flipper rubbers.

I wasn't a huge fan of superbands but will give these a try.

#180 9 years ago

Oh okay I didn't know that. I will second the dead bounce point as well. My reg rubbers and superbands didn't dead bounce nearly as smooth. I also get less of the random sling direct outlane bounces. Once I completely switch over the rest of my games I'll report back.

#181 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

Why are you using the term "competition?"

Because "Super Bands" was already taken

Honestly, it was the best name I could think up. "Titan Rings" was too similar to "Saturn Rings" (Titan being a moon of Saturn), and "Silicone Rings" was too generic.

We are, however, submitting these to IFPA for approval. They should earn their moniker very soon!

#182 9 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I didn't know if the IFPA had approved them or something. I know at some point they had approved or designed one of the newer flipper rubbers.
I wasn't a huge fan of superbands but will give these a try.

IFPA does not have a hold on the discriptor of competition for a product and we all know how that worked out the last time they endorsed a product as being appropriate for standard use, as by large many people really dislike the non-rubber replacement and how it changes originally designe play.

I think it is a pretty smart move to dub these competition rings, esp if they more closely react like original/real rubber but last longer and clean up/ stay clean better.

I am really looking forward to hearing how these hold up over time.

#183 9 years ago

That's a good point. I don't think they really have a say of "yes" or "no", especially for local tournament play. It's more of a general acceptance of use. When I used some prototypes at last years SFGE, the only stipulation PAPA had was I had to have backup rings on hand in case something happened.

#184 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

silicone.jpeg

I can volunteer to be a "feel" tester.

#185 9 years ago

I just ordered about a dozen sets of flipper rubber, four different colors. I'll report back on what I think, I am not a great player but that has never stopped me from offering my opinion.

#186 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

IFPA does not have a hold on the discriptor of competition for a product and we all know how that worked out the last time they endorsed a product as being appropriate for standard use, as by large many people really dislike the non-rubber replacement and how it changes originally designe play.

Actually I thought the Saturn Rings played really well, better than Super Bands. The #1 stiffness felt much more like rubber.

Problem is they had reliability issues and people kinda dropped interest in them after all the snapping.

#187 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Actually I thought the Saturn Rings played really well, better than Super Bands. The #1 stiffness felt much more like rubber.
Problem is they had reliability issues and people kinda dropped interest in them after all the snapping.

Yes, Saturn felt better than supers. Both felt quite differnet from standard stuff.

Saturns snapped quickly. Supers last and stay super clean/ clean up easy, but really change the game feel. So far my favorites are the German transluecents for fell and durability.

By the sounds and looks, these new competitive rubbers may be a nice US based alternative.

I will hold off for now since I just bought 4 big bulk boxes from Germany, but very nice to have another option.

#188 9 years ago

We just submitted measurements for 3 new molds!

3 1/2, Mini-Flipper, and DE/Stern mini post rubbers are imminent.

#189 9 years ago

#190 9 years ago

man, i was hoping for a second, finally someone will make pink.... nope. my playboy screams....

but i really like the translucent ones.

#191 9 years ago

Woohoo. Happy days

#192 9 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

We just submitted measurements for 3 new molds!
3 1/2, Mini-Flipper, and DE/Stern mini post rubbers are imminent.

Guess as to when they might be available?

#193 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

man, i was hoping for a second, finally someone will make pink.... nope. my playboy screams....
but i really like the translucent ones.

Same here-dying for pink. Playboy needs this color!!!!

#194 9 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

finally someone will make pink.

Probably not this time

But, that does raise a good question.
If I were to try another color in the near future, what should it be?

#195 9 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Guess as to when they might be available?

A couple weeks to make the molds. Another couple for production. I usually have them shipped express, so it only takes a few days to get here.

Quoted from neverahighscore:

Same here-dying for pink.

Wow! Another vote for pink.

#197 9 years ago

Pink, really?

#198 9 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Probably not this time
But, that does raise a good question.
If I were to try another color in the near future, what should it be?

GitD

#199 9 years ago

I sent an inquiry to my manufacturer to see if this is even an option. I would not be surprised if they were a good bit more expensive (if possible).

#200 9 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Pink, really?

Different colors for different people! Good luck with your choice.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.