4 (resized).jpg
5 (resized).jpg
3 (resized).jpg
20220601_175412 (resized).jpg
20220601_175349 (resized).jpg
A8BD4F72-00A6-4E3B-BD7F-5FA8B8FAA12D (resized).jpeg
IMG_2174 (resized).JPG
IMG_2171 (resized).JPG
There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 58.
#1901 7 years ago

Are there any coupon codes going?

#1903 7 years ago

pinside always gets 10% off silicone, balls and a few other things. TITAN10 is the code

#1904 7 years ago
Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

pinside always gets 10% off silicone, balls and a few other things. TITAN10 is the code

Drafts, didn't know that and just placed an order....

#1905 7 years ago

Ill throw something extra in there

#1906 7 years ago

Got it. Thanks Titan. I'm slowly changing all my machines over I really like the look and performance.

#1907 7 years ago

Just had a Superband flipper rubber snap on me on a route game. Haven't seen this problem with Titan flipper rubbers, FYI.

#1908 7 years ago

I had superbands snap often. One of many reasons I chose Titan

#1909 7 years ago

Ill throw something extra in there

TITAN rocks!!! Slowly switched all mine over...its BM66LE time!!!

#1910 7 years ago

For the record, going on a year with our Titans in our Solar Ride... still going quite strong! I think that we'll definitely be ordering more silicon in the future, particularly if we get a second machine.

Just bought a bunch of white LEDs to replace the Comet frosted LEDs we bought last year... those had faded (pre ownership change), and decided to try a batch from Titan. Nice warm white, practically yellow.

#1911 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Just had a Superband flipper rubber snap on me on a route game. Haven't seen this problem with Titan flipper rubbers, FYI.

I recently had a titan flipper rubber snap on my route metallica, but it took a while id say it had 1200-1500 plays on it.

Out of curiosity does anyone else have frequent braking with the clears? They brake 2-3x more often any other color i have, and its not a number of plays things as i have monitored the machines. Im not complaining, just curious, i still love the clear is just looks so good on some machines.

#1912 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I recently had a titan flipper rubber snap on my route metallica, but it took a while id say it had 1200-1500 plays on it.
Out of curiosity does anyone else have frequent braking with the clears? They brake 2-3x more often any other color i have, and its not a number of plays things as i have monitored the machines. Im not complaining, just curious, i still love the clear is just looks so good on some machines.

I've had a couple start to split, rotated them and have had no more splitting. It's weird cause on the new orientation of the rings they haven't split at all and they have thousands of plays more that the original orientation. These were both slingshot rings that were splitting right where you post pass.

#1913 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I've had a couple start to split, rotated them and have had no more splitting. It's weird cause on the new orientation of the rings they haven't split at all and they have thousands of plays more that the original orientation. These were both slingshot rings that were splitting right where you post pass.

this is where mine always snap also.

#1914 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

this is where mine always snap also.

That is where my normal rubbers tend to break as well. I always assumed that it was due to it being the main pressure point on that rubber.

#1915 7 years ago

Any idea when the 3/16 glow rings (CS-316ID-GL) will be back in stock?

#1916 7 years ago

Just re-ringed my GB Premium with a mix of glow and clear. Much better compared to the black factory rings.

IMG_3257 (resized).JPGIMG_3257 (resized).JPG

IMG_3269 (resized).JPGIMG_3269 (resized).JPG

#1917 7 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

That is where my normal rubbers tend to break as well. I always assumed that it was due to it being the main pressure point on that rubber.

Thats understandable, however why is clear breaking more then all the others when the others have more plays on them?

#1918 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Thats understandable, however why is clear breaking more then all the others when the others have more plays on them?

I've no idea. I only have two clears on the slings on my Gilligans. They have had few plays but have held up well so far.

#1919 7 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Or when one part of the ring splits then after rotation no more splittage. Weird.

#1920 7 years ago
Quoted from Deafcon:

Just re-ringed my GB Premium with a mix of glow and clear. Much better compared to the black factory rings.

Those flippers look pretty great with gitd. Similarly transparent pink would look cool.

#1921 7 years ago
Quoted from jyeakley:

Any idea when the 3/16 glow rings (CS-316ID-GL) will be back in stock?

Sorry! Missed that one. They are in transit now along with red flipper, 1" clear and many others. I hope no more than 2 weeks.

#1922 7 years ago

I did my Stern Star Trek LE in Blue on Sunday.....Looks and plays amazing. Did my The Walking Dead LE in Red today, also looks and plays awesome! I love Titan. This weekend I plan to do Ghostbusters LE in Green and Game of Thrones LE in Yellow.

Waiting on the Stern slim post sleeves in Pink to finish out my The Simpsons Pinball Party in all Pink. Awesome!

#1923 7 years ago

Sorry! Missed that one. They are in transit now along with red flipper, 1" clear and many others. I hope no more than 2 weeks.

No worries. Thanks for the reply!

#1924 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or when one part of the ring splits then after rotation no more splittage. Weird.

That is weird. One thing I have really learned about the silicone is that if a ring starts to split (not fraying or abrasion), it usually fails very quickly. This can be a result of wear if your rings have a lot of games on them or it's a ring that gets hit hard often. I have seen some natural rubber slings that are soooo close to breaking on a game, and they lasted another hundred games. Fraying or abrasion usually holds up for a while, but a fray can turn to a split. I have 2" glow slings on GB Prem and the corners by the flippers are getting rally beat up. These rings are up to about 900 games (guessing), but the thing is they play just fine still. AFM has the same frayed corners on the little ring by the pop bumpers. I reset it around Oct 15 and it's at 1527 plays. Still going strong! So, my experience has been that as the rubber wears and shows fraying or abrasion, the silicone performs at least as good or better as would a worn natural rubber. I think due to how shiny and bright the silicone is, it's much more obvious when a ring starts to show wear. We're about to do a Safe Cracker so we'll keep track of audits and observations on it too...

Regardless, if you have any issues, don't hesitate to ask ([email protected]) and if rings break or do any other weird shit, and they are not 8-10 months or older, please let me know and I will send you a replacement!

#1925 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Waiting on the Stern slim

Those are in this shipment too as are the Stern slim glow.

#1926 7 years ago

That is weird. One thing I have really learned about the silicone is that if a ring starts to split (not fraying or abrasion), it usually fails very quickly. This can be a result of wear if your rings have a lot of games on them or it's a ring that gets hit hard often. I have seen some natural rubber slings that are soooo close to breaking on a game, and they lasted another hundred games. Fraying or abrasion usually holds up for a while, but a fray can turn to a split. I have 2" glow slings on GB Prem and the corners by the flippers are getting rally beat up. These rings are up to about 900 games (guessing), but the thing is they play just fine still. AFM has the same frayed corners on the little ring by the pop bumpers. I reset it around Oct 15 and it's at 1527 plays. Still going strong! So, my experience has been that as the rubber wears and shows fraying or abrasion, the silicone performs at least as good or better as would a worn natural rubber. I think due to how shiny and bright the silicone is, it's much more obvious when a ring starts to show wear. We're about to do a Safe Cracker so we'll keep track of audits and observations on it too...
Regardless, if you have any issues, don't hesitate to ask ([email protected]) and if rings break or do any other weird shit, and they are not 8-10 months or older, please let me know and I will send you a replacement!

Thanks! I have these on all 8 of my games and with the exception of one or two, I have seen no wear. Love these things!!

#1927 7 years ago

Doing my JM now - wife suggested the yellow and I have to say it really goes well with the playfield yellow accents. This is my first machine in Titan silicone and next is my wife's Baywatch in red. Thanks again Heather and Eric for the order fix - bagged up the GITD order and it's in the mail tomorrow back to you.
IMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0026 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPGIMG_0025 (resized).JPG

#1928 7 years ago

Looks great! I love a playfield accent color brought out by the rings. If I can ever get un-covered up by work, I have access to so many machines that got the full custom color treatment. It would be awesome to document and share those...

#1929 7 years ago

Is there a difference in how stretchy or soft the different colors are? I just started rerubbering my BSD in red with a couple green around the mist and I'm finding the green are more stretchy and softer. The red are harder and aren't easier to stretch

#1930 7 years ago

Looks great! I love a playfield accent color brought out by the rings. If I can ever get un-covered up by work, I have access to so many machines that got the full custom color treatment. It would be awesome to document and share those...

Stop being jerks, buying his rings and all. Everyone boycott for a few days until we get the pics!

#1931 7 years ago
Quoted from patrickvc:

Is there a difference in how stretchy or soft the different colors are? I just started rerubbering my BSD in red with a couple green around the mist and I'm finding the green are more stretchy and softer. The red are harder and aren't easier to stretch

They aren't supposed to be. Are the rings different sizes? The larger the ring the more it can stretch...

#1932 7 years ago

It was the 2 inch rings. They just felt a bit different. I'm sure it's just me I do love how they look and play.

1 week later
#1933 7 years ago

Still looking like these will be back in stock this week?

#1934 7 years ago

We hit a snag with shipping and it's looking like they will arrive in Dallas on or about the 19th of February. This go around has been frustrating, but this was a huge order this time around. The good news is with the size of this order, we should solve any more of this "running out of popular size/color rings" nonsense.

I do have ALL led's back in stock as well as lockbar receiver finishers...

#1935 7 years ago

Just FYI I was tinkering with safecracker flipper rubber and our thin flipper fits great. The standard flipper bows out, like natural rubber does. Thin flipper is 1mm thinner than standard.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1936 7 years ago

I've also had more problems with the clear rings snapping on routed games. Games that are only on location for maybe a month.

#1937 7 years ago

Just FYI I was tinkering with safecracker flipper rubber and our thin flipper fits great. The standard flipper bows out, like natural rubber does. Thin flipper is 1mm thinner than standard.

Is the purpose of the thinner rubber to reduce the bowing or is there some other reason for it?

#1938 7 years ago

Yes I've ordered these and there cool a true test of strength putting them on 3" flippers. But this is a straight up display of vanity over practicality. Nothing beats white rubber in my opinion, I use superband posts and I shouldn't. It's hard to explain but I just think as cool as silicone is, and glow in the dark rings would be sweet, but I just cant give up that supple white rubber it just not nearly as rigid and deflects the ball with that supple caress instead of a brick wall lol.

#1939 7 years ago

Any pictures of colored rubber on an ACDC?

#1940 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Is the purpose of the thinner rubber to reduce the bowing or is there some other reason for it?

I use it for slight ball hop issues too.

#1941 7 years ago

Not sure if I'm placing chuckwurt's icon correctly, but can't help but thinking this when I see it: "Doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, and doctor. Well, did we miss anybody?"

#1942 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Not sure if I'm placing chuckwurt's icon correctly, but can't help but thinking this when I see it: "Doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, doctor, and doctor. Well, did we miss anybody?"

Right actor wrong movie it's from Fletch

#1943 7 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right actor wrong movie it's from Fletch

Thought that might be the case, but if I ever want to laugh out loud I spin up Spies Like Us from the NAS - one of my favorites.

#1944 7 years ago

Titan, How's the delayed shipment coming along? Is it reallly going to be Feb 19th?

#1945 7 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

It has a bit less bounce, so I have it on a couple of games where I didn't like the way the standard felt.

#1946 7 years ago
Quoted from herg:

It has a bit less bounce, so I have it on a couple of games where I didn't like the way the standard felt.

A little less bounce might be good for certain games with narrow shots. I might try some on SM.

#1947 7 years ago

I just installed a full set of Titan rings on my FunHouse, all white. And I went with blue and green flipper rubbers since the reds were out of stock. But I love it! This is my second full game using all Titans and at least to me, the silicone feels identical to the new white rubber kit I had in there initially. I'd like to try the thinner flipper rubbers to compare, but so far I'm very pleased. I had used Super Band Flippers and Rings in the past, but definitely prefer the Titans. (Also, silicone flipper rubber is so much easier to stretch onto the bats! I about broke my fingers trying to put the urethane SBs on in the past. I did enjoy the SBs, but they did have a very large effect on how the games played as opposed to classic rubber, whereas the Titan silicone feels much more natural to me.)

#1948 7 years ago

Just got a Metallica Premium, would like to fit it out with all titans. What color are people doing on these? I'm leaning towards purple.....

#1949 7 years ago
Quoted from PinRob:

Titan, How's the delayed shipment coming along? Is it reallly going to be Feb 19th?

unfortunatly there is no telling when customs is involved

Quoted from DCFAN:

The intent was to get a little bit less bounce. Great for control players...

#1950 7 years ago

unfortunatly there is no telling when customs is involved

The intent was to get a little bit less bounce. Great for control players...

Thanks. I will include some in my next order.

There are 2,899 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 58.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-product-competition-silicone-rings/page/39?hl=deafcon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.