4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,627 posts
  • 398 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 days ago by trk12fire
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 829 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg
    F1D86E78-BB3F-41A4-B7D4-3D341C499E72 (resized).jpeg
    E2A69782-3F48-410C-A90F-A32883881596 (resized).jpeg

There are 2627 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 53.
    #1851 2 years ago

Titan - thanks for the 20% off TITAN16BF code. Just put in an order to shop a Sopranos I picked up earlier this year plus some translucent slings for my other machines.

FYI - the code is good until Monday. I didn't see it posted in this thread.

#1852 2 years ago

Can I just order an all red Diner set? Went to web page but don't see that option.
    You have to enter each piece individually?

#1853 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Can I just order an all red Diner set? Went to web page but don't see that option.

If you make a set for Diner in red and people buy it, Titan will give you a little credit towards your next purchase. When their site went up, I made a bunch of sets and I still occasionally get credit from purchases. It's pretty cool.

#1854 2 years ago
    #1855 2 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Hey Eric! We do have a kit for Diner:
    https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/64

When you add it to your cart, you have the opportunity to change any ring color you like.

#1856 2 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

Hey Eric! We do have a kit for Diner:

Thanks, found it. Trying to get three pins in. Been gone all weekend.
    How late is sale going. Had to run off to work.
    Midnight Eastern?

#1857 2 years ago

It should be good until at least midnight CST.

#1858 2 years ago

Stoked...got home in time to spend an hour on website and get a few sets ordered. Went with a Diner all red...why not? Starred at machine for an hour and figured its git to look good with all red. Flintstones also ordered, going thru list of FS , damn it's got a lot of rubbers in there.
    Thanks for the cyber Monday deal, it helps a lot when you have to many pins like I do.

#1859 2 years ago

Cool! Thanks for the order. I'd love to see them when you're done if you have time to post pics!

#1860 2 years ago

Has anyone found the glow in the dark rubber to stretch less easily than others? I am in the process of putting it on my mystery castle and have found issues.

Any real amount of stretch and the color changes which is fine, but the rubbers seem less elastic than normal white rubber or even my titan clear. Getting rubber over plastic posts has me wondering if they are going to snap in time as I can see stretch and deformation in some of the rubber. Only way to tell will be time and I do like the color and small amount of glow I was getting. Fits the game very well.

#1861 2 years ago

I think I'm only going to buy bulk sets from now on. I bought an organizing tool box to store them in. I'm getting tired of bringing home a new machine a day after receiving a new order from Titan.

#1862 2 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

I think I'm only going to buy bulk sets from now on. I bought an organizing tool box to store them in. I'm getting tired of bringing home a new machine a day after receiving a new order from Titan.

My past two orders have been bulk. I tend to run out of the various post sleeves and small post rings first though. Maybe get additional amounts of those.

#1863 2 years ago

Edit edit: it turns out I just misinterpreted the menu options.

#1864 2 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

I think it would be nice if there was a way to take an existing rubber kit and convert it directly to a silicone kit. My game has some nice existing kits in the database, where different colors have been picked that I think look better on the machine… But I'd prefer it as a silicone kit. And don't want to mess up while reselecting 35 to 40 different silicone rings :'(
    Edit: 54. 54 rings haha

I think all of the kits on Titan's website are sold with the competition rings which is silicone. Does Titan even sell rubber?

#1865 2 years ago

I think you're right. I think I misinterpreted the menu due to some wording adjustments in the options. Their main page has "Silicone Rubber Rings" on the far left of the top menu, and then Rubber Ring Kit elsewhere. I that they just didn't want to write "silicone" all over the place, and I interpreted that as a choice between two products.

Edit: Added the kit in question to a cart, and it was in fact all silicone rings. Which is convenient and now I feel a bit stupid for not trying that sooner.

#1866 2 years ago

I have a request for Titan. On the Wizard of Oz, there are little 1/2" black rubber standoff posts. They have a point on each side and hold a clear plastic over the regular plastic. I took one off yesterday and should have snapped a picture. Unfortunately, I found them to be a pain to put back. Anyway, if you have access to a WOZ, you can easily see them. I always thought they looked awful -- dusty and dirty black rubber right from the manufacturer. It would be great if there could be a silicone version. I'm not sure how much demand there would be, but I thought I would put the request out there so you could keep track.

#1867 2 years ago
    Quoted from dung:

Any real amount of stretch and the color changes which is fine

Make sure once they're installed that you re-distribute the tension (plus any twist) to get rid of the white appearance in the GITD, or any color for that matter.
    It will also allow the silicone to have a consistant bounce.

#1868 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a request for Titan. On the Wizard of Oz, there are little 1/2" black rubber standoff posts.

I'm not familiar with that part. Anyone else have a pic?

#1869 2 years ago
    Quoted from NimblePin:

Make sure once they're installed that you re-distribute the tension (plus any twist) to get rid of the white appearance in the GITD, or any color for that matter.

Very good point. Also, If a ring stretches to the point that the majority of the ring turns white, it needs to go up a size. Some of the original rubber on some games was stretched so far... I wonder what they were thinking when they chose that size originally.

#1870 2 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

I have a request for Titan. On the Wizard of Oz, there are little 1/2" black rubber standoff posts. They have a point on each side and hold a clear plastic over the regular plastic. I took one off yesterday and should have snapped a picture. Unfortunately, I found them to be a pain to put back. Anyway, if you have access to a WOZ, you can easily see them. I always thought they looked awful -- dusty and dirty black rubber right from the manufacturer. It would be great if there could be a silicone version. I'm not sure how much demand there would be, but I thought I would put the request out there so you could keep track.

I'm not familiar with that part. Anyone else have a pic?

Here you go. I took a couple of pics with the standoffs in the game.

IMG_1011 (resized).JPG
    IMG_1012 (resized).JPG

As you can see, there is a cylindrical section with a pointed end on top. There is a groove around the pointed end so that the standoff holds the plastic in place. They are symmetrical top to bottom, so the bottom looks the same (the pointed bottom goes in the bottom plastic). For WOZ, they come in a 1/2" and 3/4" version. I'm not sure where JJP gets them. I couldn't find them on Marco or Pinballlife's websites. They are easy to remove but putting them on is a pain. The rubber is so flexible, it is hard to pull it through the hole in the plastic; instead, the pointed and cylindrical part of the piece just compresses. If they were a bit stiffer, it would probably help.

Also, and this is my main issue, they look horrible. Dusty and dirty as I said before. I'm not sure how common these are, but I know a bunch of WOZ owners buy kits from you. I bet a lot of people would like replacement standoffs if such a thing were possible.

#1871 2 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Me too. I think it would look good on a TSPP

Yes! That its what I was thinking! I just picked up a TSPP and am debating which color.....Pink.....like the donut frosting!

#1872 2 years ago

I have pink slim sleeves on order

#1873 2 years ago

I got my MMr all bling'd out in Purple! It looks great!
    Working on a TAF restore and chose light blue for it, most of the rubber is installed and it looks really good!

#1874 2 years ago

Seems like its been a little while since someone has posted a machine redone with Titans in this thread, and here is an Iron Man and a World Cup Soccer I finished up recently. Really happy with how it all turned out and these rings were the first order I've placed from the "new management"...still excellent service. Keep up the great work!

DSC_0311 (resized).JPG
    DSC_0315 (resized).JPG
    DSC_1784 (resized).JPG

#1875 2 years ago

Hey, Mr. Titan, thanks for the vinyl wrap inspiration: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vinyl-wrap-lockdown-bar-rails-etc/page/2#post-3456334

Also, before anyone thinks this post is too off topic, my Getaway does have all translucent Titan rings on it.

#1876 2 years ago

Does anyone know of the different ring sizes for the original Williams Black Knight? I'd love to place an order. Thanks!!

#1878 2 years ago

Here is my TAF rebuild with Light Blue Thoughts?

IMG_0570 (resized).JPG

IMG_0572 (resized).JPG

IMG_0573 (resized).JPG

#1879 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Here is my TAF rebuild with Light Blue Thoughts?

Very nice!!

#1880 2 years ago

Went with purple on Met pro. Just awaiting delivery of those small post bumpers by the fuel targets. Purple of course..
    Then, some orange and purple on Mmr. Thank you Titan!

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#1881 2 years ago
    Quoted from mattmarr:

Seems like its been a little while since someone has posted a machine redone with Titans in this thread, and here is an Iron Man and a World Cup Soccer I finished up recently

I also used light blue on IM... great choice! I am leaning toward white with WCS... we'll see.

#1882 2 years ago

Very good point. Also, If a ring stretches to the point that the majority of the ring turns white, it needs to go up a size. Some of the original rubber on some games was stretched so far... I wonder what they were thinking when they chose that size originally.

That stretching the rubber more resulted in a different bounce. As far as the gitd, its nice, but frankly I do not find them to be as stretchy as say your clear which exhibits none of the problems. In terms of turning white, putting a 3/8 Inch ID over a plastic post should not be having any of it turn white, but they do.

Think this will be my only game with the gitd. They glow very nicely, they charge very quickly, but I'm not going to play guessing games with sizing. I'd have to buy a stock of gitd and keep a stock of white rubber on hand to figure out how much stretch I need to compensate for? No thanks.

#1883 2 years ago

You're missing what he was saying. He didn't say buy a bunch and guess at sizes (although its so cheap that wouldn't really hurt much). He was saying some machines the factory recommendation is tighter than necessary, so go up **one** size. That's not guessing. You know what size the factory recommends and then know what size is one increment larger. That's just saying "I disagree with the factory on this post and will be fixing the problem myself" by going size+1.

#1884 2 years ago

I should have taken these pictures with the background light on.....I chose translucent rings for EBD...including the post caps.
    IMG_2688 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2690 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2689 (resized).JPG

#1885 2 years ago
    Quoted from GotAQuestion:

You're missing what he was saying. He didn't say buy a bunch and guess at sizes (although its so cheap that wouldn't really hurt much). He was saying some machines the factory recommendation is tighter than necessary, so go up **one** size. That's not guessing. You know what size the factory recommends and then know what size is one increment larger. That's just saying "I disagree with the factory on this post and will be fixing the problem myself" by going size+1.

I got what he said. I disagreed.

GITD doesn't stretch as much as other rubber. Using it results in a guessing game.

The designer made the game. Unless there is a bulletin saying to change it *fixing* the problem is you redesigning the game.Trust the guy who spent hundreds of hours playtesting the machine. If he wanted it to have a different sized rubber he would have made it that way.

#1886 2 years ago

Looking to do my Paragon. Has all RGB lites . Going to put green led displays in it. Was thinking of green or translucent rings. Anyone have an opinion on choices for it

#1887 2 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

Looking to do my Paragon. Has all RGB lites . Going to put green led displays in it. Was thinking of green or translucent rings. Anyone have an opinion on choices for it

I haven't gotten around to doing my Paragon yet...was thinking navy blue rings, except the waterfall area, which I put in light blue.

#1888 2 years ago

Paragon is such a game , you could maybe do different areas in different colours??

#1889 2 years ago
    Quoted from nightsearcher:

Paragon is such a game , you could maybe do different areas in different colours??

You can do whatever you like. It's your game, do what you feel you would like best.

#1890 2 years ago

Are playfield maps for sizes on the website for all games?

#1891 2 years ago

Only for a few games. I have been working on them though. What game are you looking for? Most ring diagrams (except for gottlieb) are on IPDB...

#1892 2 years ago

(except for gottlieb)

Surf n' Safari. Just bought the manual and not in there either. Of course my rubbers are old and stretched. Few were missing when I got machine and I've just been guessing. I think when I order I have a few corners I'll buy 3 sizes for. There's always leftovers to throw in the shoe box.

#1893 2 years ago

I have run into several manuals where it looks like the just plain forgot to include a ring diagram. Black Knight is one of them too...

1 week later
    #1894 2 years ago

Pink Titans for TSPP!!!!!

IMG_0746 (resized).JPG

#1895 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I need about that much in $ to do all of my games and just can't justify it. Once your up to 4-5 different bulk kit colors and miscellaneous other stuff it's quite expensive. Wish they offered a bulk discount up and above the regular prices and the pinside 10%.

Or just buy what you need. I find myself just converting games when I do a heavy overhaul, or LED convert games.

They are expensive.. but you also are getting a better product that should be performing well much longer than standard rubber. So they have to make up for that..

#1896 2 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Any chance of colored translucents in the future?

Titan : Any chance you have looked in to colored translucents yet?

#1897 2 years ago
    Quoted from WackyBrakke:

Pink Titans for TSPP!!!!!

I'm extremely curious to see what that looks like. Post pics after if you can!!!

#1898 2 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I'm extremely curious to see what that looks like. Post pics after if you can!!!

Ya... I'm curious also. Pics please.

#1899 2 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Titan : Any chance you have looked in to colored translucents yet?

We worked on it for a couple months but weren't able to get the rings to come out the same color/translucency from batch to batch.

#1900 2 years ago

Got the upper playfield done in pink I like it!

IMG_0761 (resized).JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 209.99
    $ 20.00
    Playfield - Decals
    DevilsMuse Arcade
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 40.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 29.04
    Playfield - Plastics
    F14 Tomcat Slingshots Out of stock
    Pinball-Mods.com
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Haus
    Boards
    KAHR.US Circuits
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 999.00
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Pinball Photos
    £ 75.00
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    $ 109.99
    $ 7,999.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 109.99
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Gameroom Mods
    $ 35.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 8.50
    Lighting - Led
    Pinball Haus
    There are 2627 posts in this topic. You are on page 38 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside