4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 2,628 posts
  • 399 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by JackMorten
  • Topic is favorited by 180 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 831 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_20190823_101548890 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20190823_110408087 (resized).jpg
    EAE815EB-F3FE-4C0C-9C81-3D43838027E0 (resized).jpeg
    ADB21061-7CDD-4C97-B973-6DCBFE6C15C5 (resized).jpeg
    5A6753C9-B704-4C46-90F6-7C6B7CE80353 (resized).jpeg
    22B697E3-F8DC-4F9F-A44C-B4E654ED0383 (resized).jpeg
    ACFEC043-3AB0-4D34-AC15-CE2E10FB4106 (resized).jpeg
    20190525_110908 (resized).jpg
    Titan1 (resized).jpg
    Ttian2 (resized).jpg
    Titan3 (resized).jpg
    Munsters (2) (resized).jpg
    Capture (resized).JPG
    040291B6-7EA6-49F3-9CFE-91E81D7E8A3B.gif
    9F96DB4D-150D-4DEB-A075-2C96E22137AA (resized).jpeg
    6F11A7CD-7C5C-4B66-9181-EA7A7AA36CE0 (resized).jpeg

There are 2628 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 53.
    #1801 3 years ago

That TOTAN and AMH look amazing!!!

#1802 3 years ago

I recently replaced the yellow standard rubber flipper rings on my Special Force with Titan silicone ones. (I previously replaced all other rings, and the game looks great.) Unfortunately, the very right ramp, which was always difficult to make, has become nearly impossible to make when the ball moves off of a cradled position (which is the main way you hit that ramp). Is there a significant difference in the coefficient of friction between the silicone and the rubber that might make the ball roll more slowly down the flipper and not build up as much momentum?

#1803 3 years ago

They do have a little "tack" to them. As they get dirty from the ball I notice it more. Try wiping with a cloth with a little spot of Naphtha or Alcohol. They may have some cardboard box fuzz or lint on them from shipping/handling, being in the bins, etc... It may do nothing but I do it every once in a while and I'm curious to see what you think about the results if you are willing to try it. There might even be different results with Naphtha since it's a little oily vs. isopropyl. I'll ask Matt also. I seem to remember this coming up before. If that makes them way worse or ruins them (it shouldn't) I'll send you some new ones.

#1804 3 years ago
    Quoted from Titan_Pinball:

They do have a little "tack" to them. As they get dirty from the ball I notice it more. Try wiping with a cloth with a little spot of Naphtha or Alcohol. They may have some cardboard box fuzz or lint on them from shipping/handling, being in the bins, etc... It may do nothing but I do it every once in a while and I'm curious to see what you think about the results if you are willing to try it. There might even be different results with Naphtha since it's a little oily vs. isopropyl. I'll ask Matt also. I seem to remember this coming up before. If that makes them way worse or ruins them (it shouldn't) I'll send you some new ones.

Thanks! I'll try it and report back. I love the look, but if that ramp shot doesn't get better, I may have to switch back. I'll still keep the Titan rings on the rest of the playfield.

#1805 3 years ago
    Quoted from Nokoro:

Thanks! I'll try it and report back. I love the look, but if that ramp shot doesn't get better, I may have to switch back. I'll still keep the Titan rings on the rest of the playfield.

Honestly on mine the tack goes away after they get a little dirty. If brand new or freshly cleaned, they have that slow down of the ball as it runs down the flipper bat.

#1806 3 years ago

They do fit! Both are about 1" tall. Dims below are in mm.

Thanks. I ordered a few to try. Of course, after you shipped super fast, I realized I should have added a couple of the 7/16 OD post rubbers.

The game documentation says to use 3/8, but the ball compresses them, and I hear *clack* when the ball hits the metal base of the outlane posts. Oh, well, next order.

#1807 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Honestly on mine the tack goes away after they get a little dirty. If brand new or freshly cleaned, they have that slow down of the ball as it runs down the flipper bat.

Ok, maybe I'll just give it some time and see. Thanks.

#1808 3 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

I think the flipper was just a straight defect. It wasn't being played when it snapped. I really wish you had 2.25 ring size. On Tron, the 2" on the sling is really tight and 2.5" really sloppy. Both rings popped at the post corner. I have Titan on all of my games and Tron is the only one I use clear on. All the other games have been bullet proof.

So it's been 3 weeks since I installed the replacement 2" clear rings on Tron's slings. The left sling broke today. I think the 2" is just too tight. Not sure if the clear shrinks out of the mold or if the elasticity is different. I put 2.5" white on and it's very sloppy to the point where there is a big difference in sensitivity. I really wish 2.25" was an option as I have classic Sterns that use them. I will probably go to a different color 2" ring a see what happens.

#1809 3 years ago
    Quoted from Superchicken:

I put 2.5" white on and it's very sloppy to the point where there is a big difference in sensitivity. I really wish 2.25" was an option ...

I'd like to see this as well. 2.25" would be ideal for some games.

#1810 3 years ago

I hear ya! I will definitely look into it. I believe that would be a good option for tron, metallica, ironman and others.

#1811 3 years ago

Would there ever be a chance that brown would get added as a color choice?

#1812 3 years ago

Anything is possible but a new color is quite expensive to bring in due to the 40 or so different rings, posts and bumpers we carry. What game would you put brown on?

#1813 3 years ago

Anything is possible but a new color is quite expensive to bring in due to the 40 or so different rings, posts and bumpers we carry. What game would you put brown on?

Junkyard or other games that have a good amount of brown in the play field art work.

#1814 3 years ago

Ahhh, gotcha. I have a buddy with a nice Junk Yard that color matched each ring to the closest color on the playfield for each ring. Maybe I can get him to add his kit to the database. Here is another one as well: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/277

Watch out for the manual! It's wrong on a couple sizes and there are a couple rings missing altogether.

#1815 3 years ago

Ahhh, gotcha. I have a buddy with a nice Junk Yard that color matched each ring to the closest color on the playfield for each ring. Maybe I can get him to add his kit to the database. Here is another one as well: https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/277
    Watch out for the manual! It's wrong on a couple sizes and there are a couple rings missing altogether.

I'm not using the manual as I know it's incorrect. I plan to buy the kit that is already up on your site which I have verified is correct in sizes and quantity

#1816 3 years ago

I just had both of my titan silicon slings tear close to point of completely shredding apart on my MET premium after less than 300 plays. I swapped out with some extra stock that I purchased a while ago and will report if if happens again.

the funny part is that both were shredding at the lower corner where I wouldn't think that there's not much contact

left sling

#1817 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I just had both of my titan silicon slings tear close to point of completely shredding apart on my MET premium after less than 300 plays.

Were they 2 or 2 1/2"?

#1818 3 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

I just had both of my titan silicon slings tear close to point of completely shredding apart on my MET premium after less than 300 plays. I swapped out with some extra stock that I purchased a while ago and will report if if happens again.
    the funny part is that both were shredding at the lower corner where I wouldn't think that there's not much contact

That is where they always wear out first IME. That area is the pinch/stress point and where they get a tone of hits. You probably dont realize it but the ball hits that area constantly (trapping, post passing, etc... all bash that lower post corner)

#1819 3 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Were they 2 or 2 1/2"?

they were 2-1/2" (I remember changing "my" BOM on their site after getting my initial order and finding out that the 2" ones called for in the stern manual were way too tight. like I stated, the good news is that I had ordered some extras, so at least I had something to replace them

I love the way they play and clean up, but if the 2nd set wears out in another 300 plays (or less), I may need to find another alternative

#1820 3 years ago

I have tried to checkout three times on the site but am having issues. Is the site down or something or is it a Paypal issue?

#1821 3 years ago

Metallica seems like a game that might wear quicker in that area than some other games. You have the snake, Mystery scoop and Sparky that can all shoot the ball back pretty hard towards the flippers.

#1822 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

I have tried to checkout three times on the site but am having issues. Is the site down or something or is it a Paypal issue?

Finally got it. Seems to be an issue through Paypal checkout as I had to use a credit card instead.

#1823 3 years ago

How many plays do rubbers last normally?

#1824 3 years ago
    Quoted from dmbjunky:

How many plays do rubbers last normally?

For me personally the silicones have been on most of my machines since the inception of Titan and are still good. Granted, my games are home use, I think the guys who have them on route machines will give you the best answer as they get tons more play.

#1825 3 years ago

Is a 2-1/2 somewhat tight on Metallica? Would someone want to try a 2-3/4?

#1826 3 years ago

I find the 2-1/2 to be somewhat loose on MET. I think the game could really use a 2-1/4.

#1827 3 years ago
    Quoted from sohchx:

For me personally the silicones have been on most of my machines since the inception of Titan and are still good. Granted, my games are home use, I think the guys who have them on route machines will give you the best answer as they get tons more play.

I mean traditional rubber not Titans.

#1828 3 years ago

I believe that the game manual actually called for 2" rings for the slings. I bumped them up to 2-1/2" after finding the 2" ones to be too tight

however, if you want to shoot me a set of 2-3/4" I would be happy to report back with my findings

edit:
    yep
    MET playfield (resized).jpg MET rings (resized).jpg

#1829 3 years ago

I had 2" titan clear on my slings on Metallica and they split apart mid game. They sent me the next size up and have been fine ever since.

1 week later
    #1830 2 years ago

Is anyone having issues purchasing from this website? Just tried to several times. At the end of checkout, it loads up a paypal page that does not display.

#1831 2 years ago

Sorry everyone. This is about the 4th time since June we have had issues with PayPal. Any calls to their servers have multiple timeouts and crazy long response times. We are definitely going to change credit card processors soon to someone besides Paypal, but if you are paying with a paypal balance, that may always be hit or miss. I'm looking into it today. Sorry for the issues!

#1832 2 years ago

No problem. I understand it's out of your control. I just tried the option to pay directly with a credit card and it was successful. I was trying to use the other option originally, so it's great I was able to get an order in. Can't wait to try out these rings!

#1833 2 years ago
    Quoted from NeoDarkHaven:

No problem. I understand it's out of your control. I just tried the option to pay directly with a credit card and it was successful. I was trying to use the other option originally, so it's great I was able to get an order in. Can't wait to try out these rings!

Same exact thing happened to me on my last order. No worries from me, I'm protected either way.

#1834 2 years ago

Had the pleasure of speaking with Eric today, helped me out big time with my order. Seems to be a great fella to deal with and I'm sure that I'll be dealing with him more as winter creeps up. Buy with confidence!!

2 weeks later
    #1835 2 years ago

Some folks have been waiting on 3/16" white and clear and I am relieved to say they are back in stock along with the clear and white option for the bulk ring kits as well! Thanks for your patience.

222227ddfcee6114665aa57e34137dbade0c7527 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
    #1836 2 years ago

Wanting to pickup some bulks kits to start converting my machines, anyone know if there is a coupon code? Thx

#1837 2 years ago

Bulk kits are discounted over 30%, better than any coupon code we currently offer. Regular price $98 for 100 rings, sale price $67!

https://www.titanpinball.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=33&product_id=57

Also, feel free to use TITAN10 for 10% off any other rings or pinballs you may need in addition to the discounted bulk kits!

#1838 2 years ago

Ordered my rings! Oh Boy! Can't wait to bling out my machines :-p

#1839 2 years ago

Thank you sir! Heather is packing it as we speak. It's a race to beat the mailman!

#1840 2 years ago

I see they shipped today! Excellent! Now I just need to decide which machine to do first.....hmmmmmmmm The Walking Dead in Red! Yessssssssss

#1841 2 years ago

Adding Titan rings to my Pinbot! Love these silicone rings!
    (my pictures uploaded out of order, but you get the idea.)

IMAG0058 (resized).jpg

IMAG0055 (resized).jpg

IMAG0059 (resized).jpg

IMAG0061 (resized).jpg

IMAG0060 (resized).jpg

IMAG0056 (resized).jpg

1 week later
    #1842 2 years ago

Got to meet the new Titan guys today at the Houston Arcade Expo! I appreciate your coming down. (Come visit them if you can.)

IMG_20161111_130934100 (resized).jpg

#1843 2 years ago

Got my Titan's this week! Hopefully I can get a machine loaded up with them this weekend!

#1844 2 years ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

Adding Titan rings to my Pinbot! Love these silicone rings!
    (my pictures uploaded out of order, but you get the idea.)

Nice but your tapered post rubber at the bottom of your right chest targets is upside down. Upside down tends to promote airballs.

#1845 2 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Nice but your tapered post rubber at the bottom of your right chest targets is upside down. Upside down tends to promote airballs.

Hmm, I googled images of the pinbot play field when I did that just to make sure it was right. But I thought it would make more sense for it to go the other way! Thanks for the info I will correct it.

#1846 2 years ago
    Quoted from henrydwh:

Hmm, I googled images of the pinbot play field when I did that just to make sure it was right. But I thought it would make more sense for it to go the other way! Thanks for the info I will correct it.

There are lots of upside down tapered posts out in the world. I did it myself the first time. Someone here pointed out out to me.

#1847 2 years ago

You just can't have enough of these. I ordered enough flipper and kicker rings to last me the next few years. I probably have $400 in rings for my route inventory. But for some reason I just never have enough...

20161112_182920 (resized).jpg

#1848 2 years ago

I need about that much in $ to do all of my games and just can't justify it. Once your up to 4-5 different bulk kit colors and miscellaneous other stuff it's quite expensive. Wish they offered a bulk discount up and above the regular prices and the pinside 10%.

#1849 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I need about that much in $ to do all of my games and just can't justify it. Once your up to 4-5 different bulk kit colors and miscellaneous other stuff it's quite expensive. Wish they offered a bulk discount up and above the regular prices and the pinside 10%.

They are great guys, want to do good business and create new customer happiness - if can't hurt to call or PM and ask directly, right?

IMO, you have to replace rubber when you own a game, so its just the price difference between titan, and "regular" white or black. I think the color, quality, good customer service is had at a reasonable price.

The $12 pack gives you colors, and enough variety to do the flippers, slings and some of the close-to-flipper areas for just about any game era you'd like to try. Before there was a $12 pack, I started with 2 flipper rubbers. Then I bought a few more to test the slings fell and a few posts near the flippers. I tried those 2 flipper rubbers on every game I own, and liked the feel better than the replacement ones for bally or stern, and better than superbands. Haven't looked back.

BTW, just looked and the Universal kit is on sale for $40.

1 week later
    #1850 2 years ago
    Quoted from Squeakman:

I think having fresh clean rubber rings on games is very important to fun game play and gets overlooked. agree, rubber or silicone rubber rings are getting expensive but they are just a huge part of pinball. Nothing is sweeter than having nice fresh rubber on the game. $400 dollars sounds like a lot of money and is but consider how much just one color DMD mod costs and it does not interact with game or the feel of the game.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    Flipper Parts
    TheDudeMods
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 24.25
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 10.95
    $ 44.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    PinBoss Mods
    $ 9,000.00
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 29.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,395.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Playfield - Plastics
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 218.00
    $ 0.35
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 234.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Medisinyl Mods
    $ 30.40
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    There are 2628 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 53.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside